FLCL Season 2

>FLCL Season 2

How bad will it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/georgesdandin/status/831994641339670528
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

better than the original

Probably pretty bad but there's always a chance it'll be alright.
This will definitely not happen.

It'll probably be shit. FLCL is the definition of a one off, lightning in a bottle kinda show.

That being said I'm most curious what they are going to do about music. Will they get The Pillows back for season 2? or would that just feel like a retread? I don't even know what I would prefer.

>Will they get The Pillows back for season 2?
Have you been living under a rock for 4 months?

2deep4me tier

Brah, just have fun

Yeah I haven't really been following this very closely, but cool, Pillows hype I guess.

Could always have another contemporary band. But I think what could be better is that the 2nd season should have a different feel and tone to it, compared to the previous. The band chosen should purvey that change.

I'm mad that it's happening. I don't want it to. FLCL works so well as its own thing, I just don't see a point in trying to milk it. It feels like such a product of its time too. Even if they do a good job, I don't see how they'll capture the same feeling.

Does anyone have a gif/webm of that manga scene

It's one of my favorite animations ever

The thing about lightning in a bottle is, you catch some and then go try to catch some new lightning. If you just bottle the same thing you end up with a flop.

Not a high bar to pass. The original was just autistic flailing set to rock music.

worse than the original so pretty godawful

I like to imagine Haruko as a slightly grown up Luluco

It'll be awful. Most of what made FLCL so special was that everybody was in the right place at the right time. The right musicians, the right studio, the right animators, the right state of mind, etc. Nobody was thinking about how to "cash in on a great franchise property," they were thinking about a crazy way to deliver a message about adolescence and how growing up and accepting the monotony around you doesn't have to be bad if you see the magic in every day (also, your first love never works out but you'll move on).

Even if they assembled the same people I doubt they'd produce anything nearly as good because they're not in the same headspace as they were back then. They tried that shit with the Eva Rebuilds and we know how that's been working out.

how you get all that information out of that short show

it won't make any sense and you'll wonder why you liked flcl in the first place.

also sorta related, but they're bringing invader zim back for a movie.

Squeeeeeeee!!

It's not being directed by Tsurumaki so there's a pretty low chance of it being good.

considering the first one was shit

>In the new season of FLCL, many years have passed since Naota and Haruhara Haruko shared their adventure together. Meanwhile, the war between the two entities known as Medical Mechanica and Fraternity rages across the galaxy. Enter Hidomi, a young teenaged girl who believes there is nothing amazing to expect from her average life, until one day when a new teacher named Haruko arrives at her school. Soon enough, Medical Mechanica is attacking her town and Hidomi discovers a secret within her that could save everyone, a secret that only Haruko can unlock. But why did Haruko return to Earth? What happened to her Rickenbacker 4001 she left with Naota? And where did the human-type robot ‘Canti’ go?

You tell me.

At this point the altruism reading of the Rebuilds is pretty valid, but the same can't be said for FLCL2, seems pretty primed at the international/[as] fanbase.

>2deep4me tier
It's literally puberty. Anyone who thinks FLCL is legitimately deep is retarded

It'll be OK, maybe even decent.

Sup Forums will nitpick the shit out of it as its airing and then later mellow and admit it was a an alright show on its own.

At least Jhonen is actually working on the new Zim movie. FLCL 2 isn't even being made by the same studio

So, Space Dandy?

So, 95% chance of it sucking mean peen

Did anyone watch FLCL for it's """deep and vast lore?"""

Isn't it confirmed to be completely different? With an entirely different MC?

Hey, if nothing else, we'll get some /ll/ out of this.

Blues Brothers 2000 bad

Hopefully it will be as diebuster is to Gunbuster. Mostly unrelated but with similar themes in the same universe.

I agree. There are so many anime that deserve a continuation and this is the one that by no means needed it.

Exactly this. Even if they got Enokido back he wouldn't be able to replicate his writing from back when he did Utena & FLCL.

It's a terrible fucking idea. Funding a new season of Samurai Jack was a great idea because Genndy actually wanted to give it an ending since forever. Meanwhile FLCL ended very well and its strength was in how it knew what it wanted to say and said it very well.

Also it's worth noting Diebuster existed because actual anime staff wanted it to exist. FLCL S2 exists because men in suits at Adult Swim thought it was time to milk some nostalgiabux.

I will never stop saying it: We should have gotten Big O season 3 instead of this.

Big O is pretentious garbage

It's completely unnecessary and will most likely be mediocre and entirely forgettable at best. If it accomplishes anything worthwhile, it will be hopefully getting the pillows to come play the US again since it's been almost 6 years since they've been here.

>in a FLCL thread

If anything, I'd say I liked it's LACK of deep and vast lore.
You only get to see the world from Naota's perspective. So much bizarre shit going on unexplained. People and factions that you have no context on. At the end of the series, all the core movers and doers pack it up and move on. You only get a slice of what goes on in that universe and I loved that aspect of wonder in not knowing the whole picture.

now watch them explain everything about who Haruko is and what Medical Mechanica is and fuck it up completely

Somebody once explained it as a small segment of some hundreds of episodes long shounen series, which is pretty apt.

Fucking exactly. The weird sci-fi stuff was there mainly for its metaphorical meaning rather than a literal meaning that's worth explaining.

I guess they could try to just do the puberty thing again but from a girl's perspective, but... I dunno, ep 3 already did that lol.

Gunbuster vs Diebuster

>We've entered an endless recursion of time

Once again Diebuster was born because modern Gainax wanted to continue Gunbuster. FLCL is being made because of Adult Swim businessmen wanting to milk early 2000s nostalgia.

>implying Naota wont return and it turns into Hidomi and Haruko lusting after him
Put /u/ on suicide watch.

Haruko's VA said she'd like to see it turn into yuri but I hugely doubt it will since this is being made for normie Americans and age gap will be seen as gross predatory siht if it involves a girl.

>FLCL is being made because of Adult Swim businessmen wanting to milk early 2000s nostalgia.
Which is weird because now is the best time to milk 1990s nostalgia

But then who is the main character?

Rehash exists for money and nothing else, what the fuck are you talking about.

Literally the only reason this thing exists is because that one adult swim ceo fag wanted to watch more fooly cooly, no one else cared. it even says it in the commercial twitter.com/georgesdandin/status/831994641339670528

Can't be worse than the "lol so random" shit of the original.

>formally announced more than one year ago
>still not even a fucking key visual
What are they doing?

I don't know, I had high hopes but Adult Swim seems to be getting shittier by the year, or maybe Im just getting older. The execs running the place such as Lazzo blatantly talk about how they want "stoner comedy" and "lol so randum" jokes because 'thats what the kids like.' Before it felt like they were just putting weird shit on the air to see if it was funny. Now its more like "how can we cash in on our amazing youth demographics?" I can barely stand to watch their bumps anymore, it reeks of recently graduated interns trying so fucking hard to be 'lolrandum'. More and more I feel like this is just them trying to cash in, not to tell an actual story like the Samurai Jack sequel. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

>Somebody once explained it as a small segment of some hundreds of episodes long shounen series

It won't have the art or animation of the original

And Diebuster sucked.

Cmon, it didn't suck. Sucking compared to Gunbuster is still better than most anime.

It won't be as bad as Gunbuster 3 and Honneamise 2 that Zombie Gainax is allegedly making, at least.

>Like to think I have good taste
>Have a thing for unpredictability/over exaggerated features putting FLCL Infernocop and TTGL in my top 10

Big O should not have gotten a season 2 since season 2 was absolute trash. The characters were butchered and all the charm of the first season was stripped away. All characters became screaming saturday morning cartoon tropes and all subtlety was removed from the show. What is even more unforgivable is that the second season tries to retcon and dumb down scenes from the first season.

I think it has the potential to be better than the original, but that would be tricky. It would require them not to make more of the same and pretend it's still 2000, shove some The Pillows on there and hope for the best, they'd have to basically do it all over. Make a completely new FLCL instead of a straight sequel. It would be difficult, but anything else would end up being a "not as good as the original".

>Female protagonist
It's almost certain to be shit.

>futa dicks coming out of a girls forehead
I don't see why.

2003- 2007 AS bumps were something magical.

I don't what the fuck they are doing now. I hated it when it turned to nothing but cat images.