I'm considering becoming a Catholic

I'm considering becoming a Catholic,
I'm looking for reasons to or not to convert, (honest ones) as well as what to read first (besides the obvious)

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalvanguard.org/2010/10/on-christianity/
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g
youtube.com/watch?v=MzbFzIegDsE
youtube.com/watch?v=3lYWcOP6jZo
newadvent.org/cathen/
haydock1859.tripod.com
catholic.com
sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home
youtube.com/watch?v=3cZR1EXGapc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Kokhba_revolt
youtube.com/watch?v=3aJkldmBayw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Trent catechism+ scripture is the place to start,

>I'm considering becoming a Catholic,
Instead of being a race traitor why not kill yourself?

nationalvanguard.org/2010/10/on-christianity/
youtube.com/watch?v=dnrT7yZEV-g

Don’t

why are you treating religion as some form of social club? oh wait.

Don't do it. They follow a false god
Yaldabaoth and the archons are enslaving you

youtube.com/watch?v=MzbFzIegDsE

Bad idea.

no

THIS STUPID LARP THREAD IS ON Sup Forums 20 TIMES A FUCKING DAY. ARE YOU ALL REALLY THAT STUPID?
SAGE
IN
ALL
FIELDS!!

Well you fancy being buggered by a priest any then the Vatican covering it up, its perfect for you.

Have you considered Islam?

Catholicism is not true Christianity. Previous Popes declared themselves as gods, others have made it a capital offence to read the Bible. The current Pope thinks Muslims can go to Heaven and likes faggots. They've always been corrupt anti-Christs and they will all burn in Hell along with anyone who is unfortunate enough to follow them.
Ephesians 2:8-9:
"8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."

The Catholic Church will preach against the Bible as Catholics are like Pharisees - for them, religion is about LOOKING good with outward signs of goodness, while being corrupt inward.
Romans 3:10:
"10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
Catholics are too arrogant and think they can actually become a GOOD PERSON (scoff).

I would recommend reading the writings or biography of a saint you identify with, so you can see how Christ's church changed that person.

The Confessions of Saint Augustine is a good one. I'm reading The Story of a Soul, by Saint Thérèse of Lisieux, and enjoying very much.

I also recommend Peter Kreeft's You Can Understand the Bible, and Handbook Of Catholic Apologetics, helped a lot to dissipate not only doubts I had, but also some ill will I accumulated towards the Church due to the general indoctrination.
Kreeft mentions Pascal Pensées a lot, I didn't look much into it, but seems to be cool, all composed with snippets of texts.

I'm also reading the Letter of J. R. R. Tolkien, where much of his imagination was formed by the Church, and you can see how a regular guy lives the faith. (Ok, he's not 'regular', but I hope you get my meaning.)

For the Prots bitching, go read "If Protestantism Is True: The Reformation Meets Rome" by Devin Rose, who went from Atheist to Protestant and then to Catholic.

About the people complaining "the church is degenerate and shit" think about Jesus Himself allowing Judas to perform all ministry while he helped himself to the church's purse. We will have traitors at high places until the end of time.
If you did your research you will know that the Church is infiltrated, with the low point being Vatican II, but the Trads are Sup Forums of the Church and are fighting back. There's much confusion, it's war times now.

Also remember: if God waited 1500 years to *really* start showing people the right way, He's not that good of a God. I think there's the reason each new protestant sect mutates away from the truth. Luther is a theological Chernobyl.

God speed, user.
Tonight I pray one Hail Mary for you.

Things to keep in mind:
> it will change you, not society

Lest I forget, there's a guy who deals with an intersect of Catholicism and the race stuff that worries people here on Sup Forums. He's called E. Michael Jones, and has a lot of videos on youtube (recently interviewed on RedIce TV) and a pile of books big as bricks.
He's on to the JQ.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lYWcOP6jZo

Catholic is the only true Christianity!
look, all catholic country are the less jewed and with less bank presence!
coincidence? no, of course

others kind of cristianity are not bad, but now they are paying for their fragility of they "liberty"
tradition, hierarchy, order this is religion
your "just do what you want with out a real priest class" it's too much easy to fool

Christianity, especially Catholicism, was created by the first Christian, not any Jew. Jesus was the first Christian. It is not lies, if you pray to Jesus he will come to you. God is real, I've heard him and I've seen Jesus. When God speaks to you, you'll know it's him. HE IS REAL.

I would follow any christianity except for the church of England. Not catholic, but fuck your church seriously.

AMEN! Keep it up!!!

I know. Our church is terrible.
My denomination would be fundamentalist Baptist Evangelical, like in America. Or proddie churches in Northern Ireland.

Catholicism is not the true Christianity. Look at the Bible and see this.

Ephesians 2:8-9:
"8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast."
>salvation by works BTFO

Matthew 23:9:
"9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."
>"Pope" translates to "father" - Pope BTFO

1 Timothy 2:5:
"5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
>praying "with" saints as a mediator BTFO

1 Peter 3:21:
"21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:"
>salvation by water baptism BTFO

Isaiah 42:8:
"8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."
>worshipping Mary BTFO

Matthew 6:7:
"7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking."
>repeating retarded Latin phrases about Mary BTFO

Well at least you know some good. I used to be catholic, but now I want to see some Protestant churches. Id the Lutherian church any good?

Pedophiles and homos run it from the start. Good luck raising your kids around that shit. Hope you're in the mafia.

Catholic whites are, by far, the most gifted to wealth. It's a sign from God. They have large families, and lots of wealth for generations. They have their own hospitals that abide by their law, they have their own schools with teacher nuns, and their churches are adorned in gold and art, unlike the protestants. The signs are very there and very obvious. Pic related.
Be prepared for a lot of "be poor" encouragements from Protestants. Lots of them are poor bastards that divorce, have alcohol problems, and mix race. I have seen insides of these churches, the women are very...catty or like gossipy, not to mention, they have promoted ideas to be on welfare and not get money.

Blasphemy and lies.

I know catholic art is really beautiful, but I want to get closer to God. If be Protestant is the way to do it, then I’ll do it.

The Catholic Church is a pedo ring.
This can count for or against your conversion, depending on what type of person you happen to be

I think Lutherans literally believe that the bread and wine is Jesus, but don't quote me on that.
You have loads of true faith-alone no-queers churches in America. Just go to one of those.

you shouldn't convert because its jewish fairytales.
don't be a dingus. study buddhism instead.

>I think Lutherans literally believe that the bread and wine is Jesus, but don't quote me on that.
Catholics do for sure
It's called transustantiation.
It IS bread. But it IS also body.
Mindfucking, huh?

Don't become a Catholic, the Church has been corrupted for a long time now. Catholics are also pretty fuckin retarded. I suggest looking into Protestantism.

That's absolutely ridiculous.

I've decided to convert to Eastern Orthodoxy from Catholicism. Based on what I've read I think their theology is closer to the truth. But Catholic Church is still pretty solid starting point. It would be my 3rd preference after Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy.

Stupid Protestants. Go back to reading your Scofield bible and sucking Jew cock

King James Bible is what most real-dealers read.
What's your version?

>>What's your version?
Don't know about Papaburger, but Douay–Rheims here.

>King James Bible
lol how'd that shit get translated again?

you are right in about all point but there is something that you cannot see.

Catholicism is the aryan way to be monotheist.
Without catholicism you are destroying: Order, hierarchy, nobility, culture and knowledge through study
they are not proper to Catholicism but they are more about our Indo-European origins, Catholicism just impressed in itself when it was founded in the Arian capital of the era, the immortal Rome.
This is okey, Jesus will know that we wasn't jews so it's normal that this order is there, other kind of christianity are just speculation on Catholicism which weakened and then destroyed Europe

Here are some of the sources I have found helpful.

Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/cathen/

Douay-Rheims Bible with Hayock Commentary
haydock1859.tripod.com

Catholic Answers (some of their stuff is questionable, but they're good for Catholic vs. Evangelical Protestant issues)
catholic.com

Aquinas Study Bible
sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home

It came from heaven with barcode and all

Herretic faggot

Don't do it

No, he's not right. I could list hundreds of Bible verses that apparently contradict Evangelical Protestantism and say "Protestantism BTFO," but that's obviously a stupid and shallow way to engage with the beliefs of some of the smartest people from the last 2,000 years (whether Catholic or Protestant).

Yeah, it's about the truth, not facilitating your autistic Nazi ideology.
By the linguistic dream team of the era. It is the most accurate English translation of the Bible, even if some people are too stupid to know what "thee" means.

Go for it then.

Former catholic-lite here (Lutheran). I had an edgy spell in my early 20s and was athiest. In the last 2 years, I have accepted that there is a God, however I have also questioned my own sanity and posed a question to myself:

>If God is all powerful and all knowing, how can I fully comprehend it with my small human brain

This hurdle has kept me from finding a variation of "God" that sits well with me. I think of "God" as all powerful, and place my trust in him. I still use Christian prayers. I know that god is always with me, and hears my prayers. I have had great luck in the last few years learning to trust and have faith.

I don't know where it will go. I identify as Agnostic because of being human.

I respect Christians of all denominations, and will defend any of my brothers being accosted. I just cannot wrap my brain around the size and scope of God. I believe in intelligent design & evolution. If I was god, I would want to see an ever changing earth.

You can't comprehend God's nature fully. Look at it like this: God is on a higher level of cognition than us, like we are on a higher level of cognition than ants.

>some faggot who doesn't know who Arius is
It's okay, St Nicolas punched his heretic ass so hard he shit his intestines out.
>the Greeks were right all along?

I'm speaking of cultural evolution, I see in protestantism in a "good thing ended badly" it was clear that all the values would be lost, if you consider that was in there ancient pagan values too, it's was a self cultural destruction

it's look nazi but i don't, i respect every human begin but i think that respect is also to understand cultural, biological and religious diversity
and of course I want to be treated in the same way, if you see Europe today it is clear that high finance has taken the place of high values, this isn't my culture.

I hear Orthodoxy preaches the true gospel on salvation by faith. If so, the Greeks are right. See, I'm British, and need an English Bible, however.

You're projecting your politics onto Christianity. The Bible is the authority, not your political outlook.

Don't the papacy is a joke and they only care about your shekels. Be Baptist or Lutheran.

the modern catholic church is as rife with corruption as the system which christ set out to destroy. now fork over that 10%

Protestantism is not a good thing ended basly, but a bad thing ended inevitably. Protestantism was the driving force towards the modern secularist societal rot.

>lol how'd that shit get translated again?

So nobody says I don't love my Anglican bros, there's an interesting (albeit very unflattering to the Church) documentary about the English language that deals with the English translation of the Bible.

The Adventure Of English - Episode 3 The Battle for the Language of the Bible - BBC Documentary
youtube.com/watch?v=3cZR1EXGapc

>I'm speaking of cultural evolution, I see in protestantism in a "good thing ended badly"
Luther is to Christianity what Nietzsche is to Nihilism. Protestants are moral relativists that shape the gospel to what feels good to them. Thanks for washing two thousand years of tradition down the drain.

Let me guess: Roman Catholic Paedos burning English people at the stake for reading the Bible in English?

>You're projecting your politics onto Christianity. The Bible is the authority, not your political outlook.

the bible is the moral code where every thing it should rotate, progress should lead to moderation, not to cancellation.
in addition it is unrealistic to be a good Christian and a successful person in our present society.
moreover, religion sets solid foundations of tradition that allow you a long view on the future. individualism and liberalism was always considered satanic, even if we did not understand the reason, but now is clear that why are in the devil way

I don't care what you're saying. Being "Aryan" doesn't matter when Catholicism is literally leading people to Hell.

Read The Genealogy of Morals.
Then read en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bar_Kokhba_revolt
Then read Commissary to the Gentiles.

You know the Church of England tried to establish communion with Orthodox churches. They said lolno. Whats that say about the CoE getting turned down by the Mother Church?

There are Orthodox Churches in the UK (there's one in my area).
I don't care about the Anglican Communion. Churches aren't football teams, you don't just pick one and blindly support it.

St. Nicolas was a dumb thug who punched someone because they believed differently from him.

My support isn't blind, CoE has no apostolic succession that is recognized by Rome, Constantinople, Jerusalem, Antioch or any of the other churches of antiquity still in function today. History is on the side of those that wrote it :^)
So you believe that Christ had no divine nature? What are you a Jehovah's Witness?

You support the Church of Rome?

I believe that the Pope is the Bishop of Rome?

No, do you support the Catholic Church?

>wanting to convert to a corrupt church
Despite all the memes about the Roman Catholic Church being the "one true church", protestantism happened for a reason.

I don't particularly care what sect you dedicate yourself to, you're still part of the Christian family.
The important thing is you put in your time and effort to making your sect an actual faithful community towards Christ.
The faults of a sect simply reflects on the faults of those who belong to it.
It bugs me when people ditch their faith because they believe their community is corrupt. Rather than abandoning the faith, they ought to try to live up to the teachings to breathe life back into their own community. That's how you fix your faith.

Don't, because religion is fucking stupid!!

For reading it wrong.
No retards allowed.

Support in what capacity? Do I tithe in a Latin church? No. I support the Latins in as much as I support the Chaldeans from my Russian church. We're all bothers in Christ divided by minor heresy(mostly caused by linguistics) and heterodoxy(Latins and Chaldeans using unleavened bread as the host.)

Tell me what is wrong. Your Pope seems to be reading the Bible wrong (if he reads it at all or if he just listens to what an older robed paedo thinks), considering he thinks Muslims can go to Heaven and that Sodomy is fine.

As in support its doctrine, which is fundamentally against the Bible.

> says religion is stupid
> goes stuff butt with POZ LOADS

youtube.com/watch?v=3aJkldmBayw

Catholics fuck kids and go to hell

Yup. He's wrong like a Protestant, if not more.

What's wrong about Bible-believing Protestants? The Catholic Church has perpetuated too many heresies to count.

Why the fuck does Constantine look like an Aztec/Mayan King?

Because Christs teachings and Holy spirit illuminated and were received by the Apostles explicitly. It was passed on to the Apostles and whoever was deemed fit to be their successor not you.
As a whole no, the way papal supremacy has played out they've become too heterodox/heretical to be reconciled with the EO without a massive restructure of Rome seeing that the rest of the Apostolic churches aren't too big on compromise.

God wrote the Bible. That's God's word. If the Catholic Church's doctrine goes against God's word, I'm trusting God, not Francis or any other paedo.

The Eastern Orthodox meme on this board is fucking tiresome. Will one of you slavic fucks please give me even the slightest reason to think you have any point at all beyond "muh schism, we wuz church"

Give me one compelling reason why the Catholic side of the schism was wrong and the Orthodox side was right.

We were supposed to be as one, and you guys ran out of home carrying just the bible, and in a hurry so great that some books fell off.

Once upon a time there was just one bishop that was not an heretic, St. Athanasius. He hold his ground and the Church recovered. It's always the same old story. Currently she is stripped bare and humiliated. We expect the execution to be around the corner. But God knows how to fix this.

Bantz aside, we just want every good person to get back to the Church and take part in healing it.

See image attached
There was no bible as you know it for some considerable time outside of the Septuagint which is the OT. If you take writings attributed to the early church fathers I'm talking people that were direct successors of the Apostles you can practically write the NT from it.

Because the Catholic Church preaches literal heresy. That's why we ran out of home.
What image?

Pic relevant.

The one in the post I linked lolcow.

What is it? Some meme?

Filthy Appollyonite. Go worship your hidden deity and leave these people alone.

>muh haly buk sez so sah is tru
the utter state of Christcucks, almost as self-deceiving as the bastard jewish conspiracist claiming to be the "king of jews" that formed his own jewish cult. Priase be.

Says the Prot

>ohshit.jpg
I've made some low effort posts here but c'mon

Don't all churches are just there for money. God is not real. Once you start going you will be socially forced to keep going, that is the only reason I go.

Explain why 10 apostles died because they didn't deny that they saw Jesus rise from the dead again. Would you die for a lie? They saw Jesus get resurrected, otherwise they would have not had such zeal that led to their deaths.
>durr I listen to what Varg says I saw him wiv a buckit on hiz hed hahahaah!

Calvinism is false.
The Catholic Church goes directly against the Bible numerous times.

I converted to Catholicism from Southern Baptist a few years ago. What would you like to know?

Through apostolic succession and authority they're already more authentic than what you're attending now. Heresy or no.