Joey not being allowed to win against Marik or Ash losing the Kalos league?

Joey not being allowed to win against Marik or Ash losing the Kalos league?

Which one gave you more butthurt?

He's not the protagonist... if that isn't obvious enough there's that emotional moment when other Yugi commits to attack him after he requests knowing he's sending him to lose but does so out of respect for his growth and self reliance as a duelist in that arc and also to avenge Mai.

Almost dropped after pic related

Go back to where your garbage actually belongs

And if you didn't have reverse plot armor and were allowed to attack after using monster reborn like it's established in the rules then you'd have won

>joey
>winning
lol

Ash's by far, there was absolutely no reason why he shouldn't have been allowed to win other than fear of nerfing an established league champion for the following season.

A character that spent all of Duelist Kingdom with "Save me, Time Wizard!!!" as his only strategy doesn't deserve to defeat the final boss of the season.

Ash cause Joey is pretty much acknowledged to have won.

Marik sucked to be honest, got out skilled by fucking Mai Valentine, but won because "lol egyptian".

To be fair, Yugi would have lost against her if it weren't for his "I got the exact card I needed to beat you" plot armor.

That's how 90% of the duels in the anime work, though.

That's how 90% of the duels work, though.

Are you really basing your argument on the possibility of a children's card game being more than a bit luck-based?

Also,

>plot armor

It's called the heart of the cards, fampai.

Are you five?

She wasn't even close to beating him in the manga, the anime made him job using his goons' cards to extend the duel.

The former easily. Just one attack, just one fucking attack, and he would've shut both Marik and Kaiba the fuck up for good.

Third option: Kai not being allowed to win against Takao.

At least he beat the final boss

Ash, hands down. What's the real reason for not letting him win the league? It's not like it's hard to write him going to another league and either winning or losing that one.

But that's how children's card games work. 99% it's about top decking the right card to beat your opponent.

That's true. It just felt so unfair.

Executive Meddling

Joey, because I was a child while watching it and I'm not a manchild enough to be watching pokemon past the third season.

Ash was downright insulting.

>Ash winning any league at all beyond the Orange Island crap that was made just for the anime

It's like you don't even watch the show m8

Why did they make Ash lose? It doesn't make sense.
They made his super special snowflake Greninja available in the games too so wouldn't it have been better to make it THE pokemon that won the league for Ash from a shilling perspective?

Joey lost to Rishid, but got to move on because of the lightning BS, so it's fair that Joey loses to some BS as well.

The yugioh manga rules are not the same as the card game. The manga came first and the card game was adapted from it. The rules are different.

lol

Marik was just having fun with her, Mai is a fucking noob and she has never won anything.

Fuck, it was great.

Well, at least he isn't a kissless virgin anymore

I was there. TV Tokyo is worse than ISIS.

I'm not even mad about the Kalos league because the final battle was so completely anticlimactic. Neither Charizard nor Greninja seemed remotely damaged enough for the battle to even be over, the storyboarders just realized they were out of time and ended it prematurely. I don't feel like either party deserved the win under the circumstances and I just left confused and disappointed.

Now Joey vs Malik, Joey fucking won, no contest. Malik was a coward and only "won" because he made it a shadow game. He had literally no plan if Joey didn't just die on the spot. This is easily the bigger offense.

The "ash never wins" meme needs to stop, it's obvious when a league has nothing going for it like Unova, but when he's set up to win and is actually using strategy (Sinnoh, Kalos), yet gets fucked over by the writers anyway, that's where people have problems.

I still want to more about this guy. He dresses like an edgelord and looks kind of smug but his actual behavior is perfectly respectful and normal. Where did he come from? How did he get two legendaries? What was the rest of his team? The world will never know.

I had it coming, but Ash.
Joey just needs a bit more fleshed out design (basically more flashy clothing) and he'd be given the win.