Tell me about Lelouch. Why does he wear the mask?

Tell me about Lelouch. Why does he wear the mask?

Kuso thread, post CC

>posting girls in an anime filled with handsome boys
I'm absolutely disgusted, user.

Because the lie was stronger than ever could be.

Kuso thread, post Lelouch

Because he wants to cosplay his idol, Zero

This

CC best girl though

>you'll never be filled with his revolutionary fervor

It hurts. I want him to order me around

To tell his imoutos that he is secretly a revolutionary whereas he is cheating on them with another imouto.

The mask is the face of Zero, Zero is the symbol of revolution. The leader of the rebellion had to be a symbol, an idea. because ideas cannot be killed, unlike man.

lelouch=idea holy shit it all makes sense

big guy for you

That's a long boy for me.

No one cared who he was until he put it on. He wears it for you, for all of us. He had a lot of loyalty for a rebellious prince.

But why would he Geass his brother before shooting him?

So people don't know who he is.

We do not destroy the heretic because he resists us: so long as he resists us we never destroy him. We convert him, we capture his inner mind, we reshape him. We burn all evil and all illusion out of him; we bring him over to our side, not in appearance, but genuinely, heart and soul. We make him one of ourselves before we kill him. It is intolerable to us that an erroneous thought should exist anywhere in the world, however secret and powerless it may be. Even in the instant of death we cannot permit any deviation. In the old days the heretic walked to the stake still a heretic, proclaiming his heresy, exulting in it. Even the victim of the Russian purges could carry rebellion locked up in his skull as he walked down the passage waiting for the bullet. But we make the brain perfect before we blow it out.

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Literally.

>revolutionary fervor
>implying this self-serving emo fuccboi ever had any
Lelouch vi Britannia, royalist and siscon, is not my revolutionary husbando (female).

I'm 8 episodes in, does it start to get better anytime soon?

For meme reasons

Oscar was not very revolutionary until near the end of the story either. She defended the system until the Revolution and then, well, history happened.

BANE ?