What do you guys think about this manga?

What do you guys think about this manga?

nobody here read it?

I used to regularly go to a buddhist monastery, and they had this manga on the bookshelves

It's great. I like how the story was not always about Shidartha, which fitted pretty well with the theme about all lives being connected.

I really liked it.

I think the same. It is an adaptation, a very free adaptation, but it serves very well the proposal of showing how brutal, racist, unfair and violent were the region and the times where the Buddha lived.

It is a personal portrait of a great man, a figure of enormous humanity and wisdom. The fact that the author himself is a great humanist and a person gifted with a vast sense of empathy only makes the figure of the Buddha even more grandiose. To read so close a portrait of the man (with flaws and fear and anxieties and doubts and episodes of great sadness) makes one fell less unsatisfied about simply being human.

>I used to regularly go to a buddhist monastery, and they had this manga on the bookshelves

Really? That is a great news. I thought that most Buddhist organized temples and religious organizations didn’t liked the liberties that the author took.

Buddhism is like any other great major faith. There's some different sects that are cool with some things and even espouse that stuff, and there's some who are ultra-fanatical and willing to kill other people over the dumbest shit.
In the end, it's always just how seriously people treat their beliefs.

this

The crossover with Jesus is better

really fucking good, one of my favorites.

>Indians are poo-in-loo's
>Bhudda dies of diahreah

The quality of posts is extremely important to this community.

Pretty fantastic manga, I'm sure if I knew anything about Buddhism I wouldn't like it as much but for now it's among my favorites. Also cool seeing all these characters throughout their whole lives and how the change and develop so drastically at times.

Nice way of seeing it.

Whatever you don't watch the movie...

I remember seeing it on the shelves when I was young. I always remember someone pissing on buddha, which was pretty weird to me at that age.

I really enjoy it. Collected the hardcover volumes.

My favorite one is book 6 if I remember correctly. I like the side stories more than most of Buddha's journey though.

It actually had quite a few threads already, people just don't discuss this kind of manga on Sup Forums.

Only manga they hate is truly discussed.

I think its pretty good how it deals with many diffrent characters that all come together to the story.
How everyone is connected to one another is symbolic of the buddha belief that we are all connected and the story does something similar to that aspect to portray that image but in an unconventional way.

At last, after the honey and nausea of the pleasures; after the insomnia and cold sweat of doubt; after the ice in the marrow and the tightness in the lungs of fear; after the thirst and restlessness of the search; after the marshes and the excrement of degradation; after the anemia and the agony of self-immolation; after the days without meaning and the dead night of the soul, at last: the enlightenment.

what's wrong with it?

?