Just finished toradora and I have never been happier for two anime characters in my life...

Just finished toradora and I have never been happier for two anime characters in my life. It's about 3:30 in the morning and I had to contain my excitement so I wouldn't wake my roommate. This has been a great night.

Funny. I finished it few hours ago, and i'm kind of pissed off about the last quater/ending. Maybe because the ending was obvious since the first episode and because Taigi is shit compared to Minori and Kawashima.
It was a nice ride though.

yeah teh ending was so sweet, the psp game gives you a glint into the future, they get married and have 2 kids.

This. People who think that Toradora is anything more than average are totally unfamiliar with romcom tropes.

You should try Futari no Renai Shoka user-chan.
It's much more heart warming and comfy in my opinion.

I rewatched it 10 days ago. I don't know... 5 years ago when I first watched it, it had a stronger feeling. Now it just felt empty.

Toradora was my first romance anime I watched.
After first ep I was like ,,nah they won't go for each other" and I was really surprised later.
Am I idiot?

Now brace for tomorrow when the depression hits.

>amifag detected

I stopped on the second to last episode, I just don't want it to ever end.

Creating a standard by averages is pretty fast way to create an impairment for what was a sweet journey between 2 characters. Sure sign that you don't get it, or understand the importance of small things that create the stability in a relationship.

You can take all the same meat, seasonings and cooker, but one will cook it well done to be safe and subsequently ruin the meat, one will go for rare and give you a food poisoning, and Toradora gets that perfect medium rare. It is indeed all tropes, but used to perfection.

>Finished it a week back
I need more decent romcom lads
I've a mighty need

Should I read the light novels? The manga adaptation?

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is like Toradora 2.0

>my roommate
L-lewd.

>this

I'd say even better.

Try also Oregairu.

Thank you dearest friends

Oh there is nothing lewd about my living situation. He's a disorganized normie and we barely speak 2 words to each other a week. Pretty disappointing

Sad!

>normie
The correct term is "normalfag", newfag.

Friendly warning, it's been 2 years since last oregairu volume, it ended in cliffhanger, and we still don't know when vol 12 will be released (it was delayed again). Ah and also avoid oregairu threads, they are 90% cancer.

Greatest love story ever told

It's called "the greatest love story ever told" for a reason.

>Sakurasou
nah, didn't mind the show but the ending is really disappointing.

I recommend kimi ni todoke, yeah the story can get frustrating and it probably would have been fine as one season but it had a very strong ending that tied everything together. if there's one thing romance shows need its closure.

I was thinking about putting that instead, but I didn't know I would get slandered by saying "normie" and not "normalfag", even though they are synonymous

Its all in the usage and origin senpai

Don't believe anything this weebs say OP, Toradora is unique and no other animu can even try to compare itself to this masterpiece.

I thought about Toradora this morning, after seeing your post. And the things that tick me off is that Ryuji is a good match for everyone. Taiga is just a needy girl. I feel that's why they got close to each other, nothing more than this.
At least Kitamura's issues are settled, but i don't feel the same about Kushieda and Kawashima. I'm kind of sad for them.

Minori is worst girl though.
However you are very right about best girl.

Yeppers. I went from liking just Taiga to caring about all the grills even when it was a forgone solution- really bamboozled me

You can make tropes work, it's purely an execution thing. You can also make a cooking metaphor to explain this

Nice blog, kiddo.

Ami is the bro that tries to warn you your girl is crazy but still wishes you nothing but the best when you ignore her. Although, the story would have been better if she and minori had some agency instead of being such nonfactors.

It's not called the greatest love story ever told for nothing

No no no no.

Sakurasou is like Toradora but with an awful, AWFUL protagonist who is never not unlikeable.

Also, other than Mashiro, the cast is pretty boring.

The final payoff isn't as good either