What do you guys actually think of Elfen Lied?

What do you guys actually think of Elfen Lied?

Yeah i know it is cliche, some used to always call it overrated, threads normally go to shit or die out.

But after watching shit for years, i still like it a lot. It is pretty unique when you think about it and the OST was really memorable. People claim it is for edgelords, angsty teens or noobs who watch it for the 'wrong' reasons. but i think it still stands out today if only for its uniqueness/atmosphere.

The show is repulsive and it's sickening that people like you exist

This

I liked it when I was 14 but looking back on it now it seems pretty bad. It's probably the closest anime has come to schlocky European exploitation movies of the 70s and 80s, but without the camp factor.

It's better than most shit they churn out these days.
But that's saying next to nothing.

Why though?

Good music, pretty good artwork, decent enough story, didn't continue the parade of fucked up shit that was the manga, and more or less accomplished what it set out to do.

Not enough Nana.

How extensive was the manga compared to the anime?

Fucking Nana.

i hated it and everything in it
it felt like eating shit

But some people like eating shit. It is in our genes.

Manga is comedy gold.

its great when you're an angsty teen, i enjoyed it the, i wouldnt enjoy it now but i have no regrets

The anime only goes about halfway through the manga before making up a filler end, and it cuts out one of the main characters too. It's a horrid adaptation.

That is what i thought. Go watch that shit.

It's better than the manga in my books for cutting out diaper slut.

The only thing I want to see animated is Bando fighting that pedophile.

>implying she's not best girl
If you can handle gore and piss, you have no reason to complain about her.

An ephemeral anime. You can enjoy it only for a short time, and then it goes to shit.
Really, it's kinda like milk chocolate. When you're a kid, you pretty much crave it. But when you grow up, it tastes like shit - and at that point you find out that the dark chocolate that you despised is actually pretty damn good.

You still can't say there was anything like it out there though.

It had its moments, including some philosophical stuff which did not show humanity in a good light compared to the ones who were supposed to be monsters. The obligatory smut spoiled it.

I feel the same way. I enjoyed it back then because dude gore lmao, but I wouldn't rewatch it now.

It's not Pupa, so that's already a plus for me.

The show's eh, the manga's surprisingly decent despite the diaper meme girl who had its own purpose. I saw the show back when I was younger, pretty gruesome and not really something that felt "right" to watch as a anime adaptation. Having read the manga afterwards made me appreciate that one more than the anime, but not that much either.

It had an amazing OP

>Really, it's kinda like milk chocolate.

I was almost about to shit on you thinking your were saying chocolate milk.

it was a decent show ! there is no actual reason why does Sup Forums hate it ! maybe because normalfags think its deep and mature !

Let's see...there's one guy who dismembers and rapes one of the horned girls to use as a tracker, some chick who sings and wears diapers got cut, the founder's daughter who had been turned into a living computer got cut, tanks made from the horned girls showed up later, as did a uterus kept alive to breed more of them...so yeah, it got kinda weird later on.

Maybe because people that type like retarded faggots such as you like it.

as my first anime I have ever consciously watched it held a great nostalgic value. I couldn't exactly remember anything in-depth, but I had a strong positive feeling towards it.
after rewatching it more than five years later I couldn't understand why I put this show on a pedestal. after all these years I have only enjoyed the opening (which is undeniably great) and the last two episodes.

Elfen Lied most definitely lost its appeal over the years, although it did age pretty well

please teach me typing

Literally one of the worst anime's I've seen in my entire life. I watched it through with some buds and we had to pause every few minutes to laugh about how ridiculous and edgy the plot was.