Akiba’s Trip v1 sells 263 BDs, DVDs do not rank

>Akiba’s Trip v1 sells 263 BDs, DVDs do not rank.
What went so wrong?
Also
>Gonzo

They need to sell it to gaijins. The games sold more in the west than they did in japan. Also making Akiba's Beat and the anime wasn't a good decision. Feels like the franchise was just used to promote new Earphones songs.

It had so little to do with the actual Akiba's Trip.

>What went so wrong?

Having a white girl as a main character who is so OP and stupid is a big reason.

>first ep
>girl dropped from sky
>haremshit tropes
Dead on arrival

So long gonzo is there to make more fun series, I'm okay.
>salesfag

It gets much better later on when it becomes a parody of otaku culture

>most blatant otaku pandering anime
>sells like utter shit

Huh

The audiophile ep was the best

The whole thing felt like an edutainment primer on Akiba culture. The art and writing got the job done, though they weren't anything special (sasuga Gonzo). The animation, voice-acting, and music were great, which is a shame, because those alone could have carried the show if there were a bit more meat to the story.
Really, though, who's the audience? Otaku who aren't already bored to death of seeing Akiba parodied? The just leaves foreign fans and otaku who want to teach the next generation about old Akiba. Foreigners aren't a solid market, and most otaku aren't allowed around children.

I expected it, but it still hurts.

Fuck Japan.

>Literally an ode to otaku culture
>Sells like shit among otaku nips

It needed something. And that something is A WHOLE FUCKING MORE OF THE FUCKING COSPLAY FINN'S TITS JESUS CHRIST SHE MAKES ME FUCKING DIAMONDS

I'd buy the disk with the yugioh parody episode.

Haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Maybe it didn't sell because it wasn't a good show

Maybe nip otakus are so autistic they don't understand jokes and got triggerred?

I enjoyed the dub. It fit, made me nostalgic.

>I'll never line up Mayo and Urame bending forward then take turns eating their asses to find out who has the better bottom

Yeah, really makes me think.
Isn't it just that Nips don't like comedies all that much? Has a comedy ever sold well without relying on the fujo audience?
Also, maybe it would have did better had it not aired in the same season as Kemono Friends.

Japs are very resentful people, and they HATE to being mocked.
You can do a joke about how someone looks in a drinking party and everyone laughs, including the one you were mocking, but once the laughter ends he wishes you a very painful death.

>Has a comedy ever sold well without relying on the fujo audience?
Konosuba
Azumanga
Working
Pani Poni Dash!
Baka test

>isekai and waifushit

Joshiraku is much more meta than akiba strip, sold better too

It's a nice show, and I enjoyed it, but it's not necessarily one which I would want to buy BDs for it.
Nice to watch once, but not necessarily something worth having to own as soon as possible.

As for the Japanese themselves, they're quite distrustful of what might be a game adaptation.

>anything that's not massive pandering to literal retards
>selling

I thought the parodies were all pretty basic, you don't even have to belong to a group of people they make a fun of to understand most of the jokes.

Japs have shit taste just as usual

Perhaps otaku are starting to grow out of their phase.
The older generation doesn't have infinite cash-flow. The younger generation doesn't want to spend too much of their money for all the billions of anime title.
The Japanese government and the anime industry heralds Your Name as the new good kind of adult anime that everyone should aspire to make.
Perhaps there's a slow shift away from otaku-centrism starting among the Japanese entertainment media.

Will Akiba's Trip be remembered as otaku elegy?

That sure explains why pandering dogshit like Rezero and other waifushit and isekaishit are popular.

>make akiba's trip anime
>replace the cast with literal whos no one knows

no. give it a few more years and if the trend describes plays out, at least a few studios will try to ramp up the otaku pandering to pull back that audience and defy naysayers claiming their era is over. THOSE shows will be the elegy of otaku anime.

Too barebones.
I watched the idols episode and considering I'm not an idolfag, but also not a casual, there were way too many puns everyone aleady knows and zero inside jokes.

It wasn't an adaption of something popular, of course it didn't sell.

The anime from the very same season proves you wrong hard.

>Characters of Pc/Vita videogame dont exist in the anime

>"if you lose your clothes, your die" cheap idea for explain why they wear same clothes every day

>The Male MC more annoying that other male MCs of other animes

They kinda just went off base as soon as MC became a bugged one. Also just was so boring half of the time with these lame little shenanigans.

>inb4 was more or less just a giant ad for music artists and had nothing from original canon

I think you might be legit retarded.

guess why
>based on a video game
this why

Nips have shit taste, what a surprise.

Idol episode was great though. The audiophile part was great. And don't tell me you didn't crack up when they showed the pool.

>hating white girls

fuck off nigga

They were all pretty smart actually....

The audiophile part was just "look, he's obsessed with audio that means he'll buy some rare expensive shit". It's the most basic shit ever everyone already knows, there's more to audiophiles than just showing that they spend a lot of money.
That pool was too predicitable.

>there's more to audiophiles than just showing that they spend a lot of money.
There literally isn't. An self-described audiophile is just a retard. Plain and simple.

audiophiles are literal autists that's it

Yes, but what goes through their heads when they interact with various people who don't really care about how they listen to music? Or how they argue among themselves and what topics always cause shitstorms? The list could go on and on
You could say this about any *philes, the point is that if you're going to make fun of them, you shoud at least do some research instead of settling for general knowledge without any inside.

it's a fucking comedy, no one cares about such autistic crap

This is hardly big bang theory levels of "general knowledge". They did pretty good for the kind of joke they were going for. It's not a fucking documentary.

Hell, the golden cable thing was pretty funny to me because my dad swears by shitty overpriced golden cables like they do anything.

That's not what determines an audiophile. It's the shitt hey buy, the length they go to get better sound quality even if no on else can tell it. And the episode showed that perfectly. And the whole point of the bringing audiophiles up was to mock them by the fact that the guy listened to shitty jpop anyway.

Japan taste strikes again
Nothing new on it

I believe this chart can explain the problem.

Wasn't best girl Kati doing cameos during episodes?

Why would you buy akiba's trip? It's a good anime but watching it once or twice if there are reruns is enough. I don't see a reason why would you want to spend money on it.

The things I mentioned are not a documentary, they're just not as lazy as simply showing the most basic side to it. Also, it wasn't only about audiophile parody, I felt the same way about pretty much any other topic they brought up. If it's a niche comedy anyway, then why couldn't they go for more inside jokes?

>implying japanese otaku buy the BDs to rewatch it
Dumb tripfag.

Make examples. Even better, write a better script, let's see if you can outdo Japan.

Not to mention that the show was thankfully prepaid.

The show was badly written and the character design are unappealing. It also has a Finn, which is an acquired taste to put it politely.

To start with all Gonzo anime sell like shit because nobody even watches Gonzo shows. The studio has a terrible reputation and all of their shows are low budget as well as often extremely blatant at shilling. That they are more entertaining than they should be doesn't matter when they're ignored entirely to begin with.

The anime was actually better than source material. Sad.

Nips have awfully bad shit taste while having somewhat good as well.
Akiba's Trip was pretty much second best show of last season for me with Kemono Friends 1st Yet KF got its deserved fame and money and all but this.. this is just depressing.
Fuck, I can't believe Mayo, Niwaka, Arisa and Tamotsu, one of the better casts with amazing episodes and season in general got this buttfucked over.

As for the question, nothing went wrong. Nips just didn't pick it up and talk about it enough to become a success while it certainly deserves it.

>good [anything]
>selling

Those character designs hurt my eyes.
In other series those 4 would be individually the first ones to be killed off.

You sound like a boring retard who hates fun and can't appreciate finer different things that end up amazing.

>KF
>deserved fame

Why do you expect fans of the games to buy an anime with a bunch of random ocs who were never in the games?

Sasuga Japan

Say what you want but this show was my AOTS.

Because I judge the product by on its own merits, which anyone is capable of doing with the right recipe.
Kinda like Rogue One about Star Wars was just a one movie tie-in with wholly new cast which was far better and likeable than Force Awakens had, which too had a new cast compared to old trilogies. Just a example, both movies were definition of mediocre.
As for anime examples, well Nanoha comes to mind. StrikerS made me drop my whole interest into the franchise because it wasn't entertaining.

>Make examples. Even better, write a better script, let's see if you can outdo Japan.
>you don't like it? Make better then!
Great logic.

If you don't watch to rewatch a show, then it's not a good show to begin with.

>watch
want*

Urame > Mayo

I disagree. I have limited time so instead of watching something I already know the gist of I want to spend my time watching a new thing.

Let me fix that for you

Edgy little sister Urame < Mayo
Amnesiac Urame > Mayo

The green trap was best.

Colossal Maid was best.

Lazy animation, lazy cliches in storyline, better supporting characters then main cast, no incentive (ex. nipples) for buying DVD/BD

Only the first two BD's are out or so, we don't know whether there will be nipples or not idiot.
Animation was decent with good art direction, I don't know what the heck counts as a lazy cliche because there wasn't really any, arguable, I thought everyone were great.

Basically the old generation of otaku are dead and/or out of money.
The new generation of "otaku" are only interested in shit like love live and kancolle that give you heaps of waifus to choose from and project your desires onto, they don't care about otaku culture.

Interestingly, the old otaku most likely flock to Kemono Friends, which left Akiba in a place where literally no one even noticed it.

>likes CGI friends

no wonder you have shit taste in everything else.

>doesnt understand the word comedy
>goes and shitpost about isekai and fujo
I hate fujo but you are retarded

>the old otaku most likely flock to Kemono Friends
pls, KF turned into autist and normalfag bait, why do you think people compare it to mlp
every retard jumped on the bandwagon because it was sooo cute and innocent

That doesn't change the core fanbase that started to like and meme it to succes in the first place.

Oh do tell what's wrong with CGI friends.

think about if those would sell if they didn't have waifushit you faglord
not him but the fanbase

>good stuff sells like shit
>cg up the ass, all the way through, everywhere

Is this, dare I say, the death of japanimation?

anime is dead since 10 years ago

What do you even mean by "waifushit"?

It has females in cast

This would have succeed in the last decade, but as of now everyone already got bored of the same otaku culture related jokes

somehow they didn't get bored from all the other same crap every season

Yeah, but Kemono Friends showed us what Japan truly wants fresh things

that*

>fresh things
>2hu, but with animals instead of youkai
Really?

Should have used superior game characters.

fuck off with KF
KF showed us how to ruin something when it attracts normalfags and autists

>4x times less than Fractale