Why is it that governments in Australia simply refuse to build public transport?

Why is it that governments in Australia simply refuse to build public transport?

If i was in power, I'd say fuck everything else that's the next persons job i'm here to build trams, rail, freeways and roads along with buses.

Oh and town centers for those to be used.

I don't understand why a government hasn't built a new railway line and freeway then put housing estates and town centers around those stations and ramps along with shopping centers and so on.

Your impeding growth if all you want to do is wait and watch as new estates go up but have no access to anything but a country road and a two lane highway that's 110.

Other urls found in this thread:

railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=36&traveldate=2018-01-08&tstyle=
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because jews prefer to sell 30 cars to 30 people rather than sell 1 bus to carry all these people.

Give us your lighter cunt

I don't have a lighter.

Fuck off man I don't have one.

why the fuck dont we have high speed rail on the east coast

i mean fucking really

Then go down to the servo station and git us one cunt

Same as here in Finland or everywhere for that matter.

Government officials are part of the elite and the elite doesn't use public transport and thus they do not see the need to spend on it since it doesn't benefit them or their friends and family directly.

>you will never have breakfast in Sunshine Coast beach then train down to Gold Coast for a swim and dinner at night

the fucking Dutch PM goes to his work on bike so that may be the only reason we have normal public transport

Honestly you almost sound entitled asking anything from this corrupt regime, they dont care about the people.

I dont understand why people pay taxes to incompetent government fuckwits

and I dont understand why the government is entitled to 10% of nearly every purchase for doing fucking nothing

AND YOU STILL GET IN DEBT YOU WORTHLESS MOTHERUCKERS

Typical Gibmedats sucking off the Govt tit. Aren't the roads and freeways you already have enough? You want shit, get a job and earn it

he sounds like a cuck

you mean like a job where part of your salary is used to pay taxes? or a job where your salary is high enough to buy your own public transport? I'm confused

Oh look, the "if I was in power it would be so much different...and better" doctrine.

he is, literally everyone cycles here though even chads

Americans barely ever have pavement to walk on.

well at least everyone rides around stoned

That's the reason why you guys have the best places to cycle and everything is designed so that cycling is a viable mean of transportation.

You see its always about the leaders being selfish fuckers who just use our collective resources to improve their own quality of life and sometimes coincidentally us when they happen to benefit us all.

How do I then explain gibs me dats? Nothing but buying votes for the left just like tax cuts and bussiness subsidies are about buying votes for right.

train lines and stations are being constantly built in wa.

Finland is too cold to do such a thing, even though it's modern quite weird you guys don't have public transport while being one of the most educated countries in the world

>Why is it that governments in Australia simply refuse to build public transport?
too deep into coal dick to bother.

in melbourne most level crossings are being removed

overhead rail in the poor areas, underground tunnels in the richer areas.

the roads are being fucking abandoned thou

victorian roads are getting real nasty to drive on

We have public transport but its underfunded and mismanaged. If you have to rely on public transportation for getting your self to work you'd might just aswell spare your employer the trouble of firing you and just stay home. Without a car you can't get anywhere on time.

Don't worry, Australia. You'll have some Chinese developers there to upgrade the infrastructure in no time! :^)

I don't understand how people could yearn for more public transportation. Used it in college and some when I got out. The state of buses, trams, and rail cars was atrocious, they never ran on time, and were filled with poor people, smelly immigrants, and homeless retches. The doors in the buses didn't work most of the time, leaving you there to wait on some pissed of driver to do some manual lever shit up at the wheel.
Fuck, sometimes they would park a bus at a stop and wait 45 minutes for their relief to come on another bus, thus throwing off the schedule by one rotation because they didn't want to plan for the drivers to switch at proper times.
Fuck public transportation, glad I never have to use it again. It is such a shitty system over here, maybe it is better overseas.

I literally have to take a fucking bus to the city now because they're building new train shit dumbcunt.

>Why is it that governments in Australia simply refuse to build public transport?
Why would our pollies bother? They're too busy lining up their post-politician high six figure incomes plus perks by doing favours for the private sector.

Clem7 propaganda
>cost $250mn
>90k car per day
>$2 toll
>save 15 mins on cross river travel
>market driven solution
>Campbell Newman is Lord Mayor of Brisbane

Clem7 reality
>cost $3.2bn
>25k cars per day
>$5 toll
>save 8 mins on cross river travel
>Campbell Newman is an executive of the primary construction company of Clem7 on a salary of $700k per year

railmaps.com.au/routedetails.php?RouteSelect=36&traveldate=2018-01-08&tstyle=

Dapta... The Illawarra line is not the best beyong Wollongong Central.

There's also a weird public transport setup in Goulburn that doesn't really make sense.

Canberra is about an hour away by car and Goulburn doesn't have any universities or great job prospects, but Canberra does.

The train service starts only as early as 9:44am and arrives at the station at 11:20am during weekdays (See link). This basically denies people without a car from working in Canberra during business hours. For university, people might be able to negotiate a workaround, but, pretty rough still.

Yet if someone wants to leave Goulburn for Sydney, they can get on a 5:30am train, which gets them to Campbelltown by 7:38am and they can change from there to get to central Sydney about 8:57am. They can then catch a 5:48pm all the way back with one change at Moss Vale.

Kind of weird.

Don't live in Regional or Rural Aus if you want half decent public transport. And if you're in Wollongong, only live from Central Wollongong or further north.