Why didn't the vikings write down their religion...

Why didn't the vikings write down their religion? They plundered Christian monasteries and they could easily use the paper there to write like how the monks did. Why were they so selfish that they didn't care if their religion disappears from the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?oejoq6knxqmx3
mediafire.com/file/z8qhdc2m3x7a2u6/CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTION.zip?ssl=1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUQaT3OLjc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country
news.gallup.com/poll/142727/religiosity-highest-world-poorest-nations.aspx
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedes_(Germanic_tribe)
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euhemeros
sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velandastenen
etymonline.com/word/hell
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They were bunch of overglorified niggers

There is a big chance that your country got fucking rekt by those so called niggers.

Vikangz didn't rekt anyone but innocent villagers by ambushing them

Most traditions are passed down orally. It wasn't just Norse, damn near every religion from Native American Animism to Judaism didn't have anything written about it until it was almost replaced by Christianity.

You need to stop thinking about Norse as a formal religion, but more like a series of traditions.

Like, we don't have a holy book that tells us we should walk on the right side of the hallway, that red is the universal color for "stop", that at least two USB ports and an audio cable should go on the front of a computer, etc.All these traditions are mostly oral, or only have written sources in highly specific contexts most people don't see.

For a more direct example, we don't have a holy book for the Easter bunny, Christmas trees, valentine flowers, or delicious burgers, but these are all our traditions. No one thinks to write an instructional manual of how to pretend to be the tooth fairy for your kids until it's already basically too late.

Christianity was unique in the way it tried to actively recruit from every population it could find - which requires reference material.

Vikings took france hudu abushing village
Watch any documentary about vikings. They invented the best steel and the best long ships, the world had ever seen at the time. how to you think they discovered America oh wait Columbus did jajajaj burger education have fun with your Jew cock

H

But their descendants have been invaded and bred out of existence?

Vikangz are rape babies.
They exist to disguise themselves as any other race to hide their disgusting lack of talent and bravery.
Whereever there are boat niggers, there is cuckoldry and bald people demanding free gibs and peopel abusing their power.

all anglos must die.

That file name never fails to crack me up.

I always thought viking history was pathetic and nothing to be proud of. Scandis are the sexiest humans on earth but their history is utter trash.

They did, but it was mostly written on wood.
and then burned by christians, like they burned our temples and farms.
Snorre still has a lot of history they (like isis) attempted to destroy.

We are not like you england.
You are waay ahead of us in that regard.

The christians always destroyed people's writings, so there is no telling if they did or not. Same with the druids.

Posts about snowniggers while using EU flag. Go to tumblr or reddit soyboy.

I always took an interest in viking history but I don't see why they didn't write their traditions down. It is all good to pass it down orally but can changed from generation to generation. I say the Jews were behind this.

good post

>Vikings took france hudu abushing village
One viking was given a duchy still bowing to French authority. The vikings never managed to make any meaningful conquests into France and when they were faced in actual battle tended to be defeated by everyone except the Saxons who are just terrible at warfare in general.

Discovered the very country you live in. But I guees you are right their achievement was undermined by the fact that the nation is le 56 now

You nordniggers are the muslims you hate so much. You wenf around raping and stealing and now you get your comeuppance, viKANGZ

>memeflag

And back to réddit you go, my friend

t.triggered viKANG. I swear if your women werent super hot id drive mussies up there myself

Varg virkenes the larpagan from jewtube, have a video saying that romans and Greeks were extremely dumb, because they adopted writing from Phoenicians. He claims that writing was a invention of niggers with low IQ and Nords were superior and even smarter than people today because they do not had a writing system.

>Discovered
>People had been living there for over 10,000 years

>But they were the first white people there
And they left no lasting settlements nor did they spread word of their discovery. Had Vinland never been discovered the world would be almost exactly the same.

WOW ya got me I remember when niggers left Africa and actually did something

You didnt either until the rest of europe tamed you snow beasts

The only good post in this thread.

I do not need to read how to celebrate christmas or read how to farm my land - my parents taught me how and so did theirs.

We honor our legacy and heritage by continuesly building it.

They didnt know how to write

We are talking about achievements here. And if u don’t believe traveling across the globe in wood ships using nothing but stars to guide them. Proves that there is a big difference between niggers and vikings then we’ll your a nigger.

Polynesian niggers did it

Leif Erikson was Christian.

More like there was absolutely no reason to write it down because they all knew it and it was part of their culture and heritage.

We in the nords understand and perceive the world around us in a different way than others. We didnt write our traditions down so that no one else can understand. I know that there is a lot of ancient traditions and knowledge that has been passed on to me from my parents, and i am almost certain that many of these things has been passed down subconcooiusly (?????) So niggers and americans cant know what we know, ever.

Vikings did mot rape and murder like the books say. They maybe did but our history has been smeared by kikes and their likes

stop hiding behind meme flags, mutt

Come on, ever seen moana? Mudskins did it and did it better

not the same guy just stop hiding your 52%

then whomst wrote all the sagas? and all the runes that can be found all around?

Same with our traditions and values, they has been smeared. If you beloeve we walked around like and acted like they did in the vikings series, you are so fucking stupid i cant even imagine how stupid you are

>an actual good post on Sup Forums
Wew

>be a viKANG
>keep raiding these funny coastal settlements
>steal from pussyass white boys in brown dresses
>lol FAGS muh big steel dicksword
>get trolled hard centuries later by master troll monks who recorded every fine detail about what a tremendous boatnigger you are

Sagas were wrote after the vikings by a christian

How can we trust that monks did say the truth about our raidings? Maybe it is the monks that trolled people into believing we are nothing but niggers

Why is latvian larping as a scandinavian?

You really wuz

by christian scholars (pagans didnt have any) who collected them from old people and then wrote them down and added something themselves.

> implying Vellum was not used

Latvia? They have internet in that shithole?

CHRISTIAN BOOKS DOWNLOADS!!!

mediafire.com/?oejoq6knxqmx3

mediafire.com/file/z8qhdc2m3x7a2u6/CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTION.zip?ssl=1

It was an age in which written propaganda was basically useless, because so very few people could read.

What the monks wrote, was written for the eyes of other monks. "Hey Pope, these guys are fucking assholes. Send armed guards please praise Jesus".

>Saxons
So just Vikings that have been living on a sad shitty island for a while.

Because writing is a sin leading to manletarok.

>useless
>do what the Church says because you can't even interpret the law books
Amerimutts...

Your little text is cute but in reality there were written religious myths and laws in mestopotamia from Sumerians to Judaism beginning from 2 thousands years before Christ.

...says the confederate inbred...

What is the point of a good story, if you're not telling it/getting it told?

> be vikangz
> sail around on boats barely capable of naval fighting
> land into a defenceless peaceful settlement
> immediately start slaughtering poor and sick people, like nog tier barbarian
> rape any woman you see like a rabid dog
> sacrifice foreign prisoners after a rape for barbaric pagan worshipping like a proper nog
> hundreds of years later
> snow nog descendants are completely emasculated
> Emasculated cowards have no other glory and pride to rely on than nog tier barbarian past
> "religion" reduced to romanticised larping done by social outcasts and women

Truly disgusting, how can any Swede/Dane be proud of this kind of history

I dont think paganism is really a religion. It sounds more like the pirates code but before pirates code existed. Rules and tips for thieves and such. Their scriptures were probably destroyed either by themselves when christianity came around and they repented by burning everything or maybe the scriptures were burned by christians themselves.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FpUQaT3OLjc

Keeep talking Achmed, Sven is neeearly angry enough now. I'm sure nothing bad will come from your teasing ... it's safe.

>> be Muslim
>> sail around on boats barely capable of naval fighting
>> land into a defenceless peaceful settlement
>> immediately start slaughtering even more retarded niggers, like nig tier barbarian
>> rape any woman you see like a rabid dog
>> sacrifice foreign prisoners after a rape for barbaric pagan worshipping and put the rest in slavery
>> hundreds of years later
>> sand nig descendants are completely the same
>> Cowards have no other glory and pride to rely on than nig tier barbarian past and "muh Jews"
>> "religion" reduced to barbarism done by mentally ill people who burn women's faces in acid and trucks of peace
>Truly disgusting, how can any Muslim be proud of this kind of history

It was erased.

Every single church in Europe was built on the burned ruins of a pagan site, every preistess was burned as a witch, every text destroyed, every singer of old songs had his tongue cut out. Dirty fucking Jew rats were welcomed into the house and stabbed everyone in the back.

>155758882
Let's be honest, Vikings were really only good at attacking and plundering civilian settlements and unarmed, untrained farmers. As history progressed and they were forced into confrontations with the powerful navies of the various European empires, the Vikings disappeared pretty damn quick.

> a social outcast being this triggered
why do you defend this kind of faggotry?
Grab a book and embrace your blessed future

> US Army
> losing to "coward barbarians" living in Afghan mountains and Vietnamese rice farmers
> muh super power

>Religion
Lol

It's just respecting your ancestors.

Have you ever had a house full of roaches?
And no I don't mean your family members.
Funny thing about roaches is that you can smack em with your shoe, spray em with raid, etc. but when they run under the fridge it's a bit hard to get them without removing the entire refrigerator.

Being religious correlates with being third world.

>Social scientists have put forth numerous possible explanations for the relationship between the religiosity of a population and its average income level. One theory is that religion plays a more functional role in the world's poorest countries, helping many residents cope with a daily struggle to provide for themselves and their families. A previous Gallup analysis supports this idea, revealing that the relationship between religiosity and emotional well-being is stronger among poor countries than among those in the developed world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country

news.gallup.com/poll/142727/religiosity-highest-world-poorest-nations.aspx

Why are you Swedes proud of such barbaric past, especially the human sacrifices conducted in name of ancestral respect, as you put it?
That's no way superior compared to African kingdoms before civilisation brought by Islam

Larger than usual size fridges are indeed hard to move with lard filled body

>Human sacrifices were only a kangz thing.
Who were the Canaanites, Phoenicians, and Medians?

Heres pagan mickey mouse.

>they could easily use the paper there to write like how the monks did
They used it to whip their asses.

>It's just respecting your ancestors.

No, it's not, moron.

citations.

Because they were drugged out heathen dipshits and Charlemagne cutting off their heads was the best thing that ever happened to them.

>what is the Prose Edda

Heretics and barbarians before righteous Caliphs (peace be upon them) civilised them

More like we had pretty much every person in the world and abroad telling us not to move the fridge while your asshole neighbors snuck you crumbs. Your prophet was a scam artist who can't even recite his whole shitty poem, a shitty poem that's been taken out of the chronological order it was written in.
How does it feel knowing that the Qur'an isn't straight from the mouth of Allah and rather a heavily edited document that's "never ever been changed even though the person who compiled it changed the order of everything"

>According to early sources such as the sagas, especially Heimskringla, the Swedes were a powerful tribe whose kings claimed descendence from the god Freyr. During the Viking Age they constituted the basis of the Varangian subset, the Vikings that travelled eastwards (see Rus' people).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedes_(Germanic_tribe)

Then why do you still worship the Meccans moon rock?
Also here's a depiction of Muhammed (pigs be upon him) you goat fucking, shoe licking, dog loving kuffir.
,':^)

> Allah enters a person
> granting him ability to speak the truth
> there for revealing the truth to people
hmmm, I don't know Burger, seems fairly logical to me

Sounds like ergot poisoning from eating moldy bread.

> All these triggered Amerilard social outcasts defending romanticised larping
Top kek

No one is worshipping it, we bow to it because God has told us to do it, but not because the stone itself matters.
Allahs will matters

"We don't care about this rock but going to the rock is one of our FIVE MOST SACRED TENANTS".
Taquiyya much?

:^)

>Reffo scum in Germany
Dropped. Nice arguing with you, pal.

>1 Post by this ID
Just shit flinging at Nordics

Vet du ens vad en euhemerism är? Den prosaiska Eddan är Snorres försök till historieskrivning baserat på mänskliga folkvandringsmönster.

>Exempel på detta är närSnorre Sturlassonbeskriverasagudarnasom forntida hövdingar som kommit till Norden frånAsien, samt vissa tidiga katolska helgon som verkar vara omtolkade versioner av hedniska gudar.

>Thyrvi raisti stain aftir Ogmund, bonda sinn, miok godan thegn, Thor vigi

Vet du ens vad en euhemerism är? Den prosaiska Eddan är Snorres försök till historieskrivning baserat på mänskliga folkvandringsmönster.

>Exempel på detta är när Snorre Sturlasson beskriver asagudarna som forntida hövdingar som kommit till Norden från Asien, samt vissa tidiga katolska helgon som verkar vara omtolkade versioner av hedniska gudar.

>Thyrvi raisti stain aftir Ogmund, bonda sinn, miok godan thegn, Thor vigi

The north didn't get civilized until Christianity came knocking on the door. Before that we were just a bunch of snow niggers stealing shit and raping shit. North mythology is based on a cow licking a stone until he created the world by mistake... There was a time before we whites were civilized as well guys, trying to hide that fact is just hiding who you are. Raise above, were better now, that's what matters.

The pagans had a few...before Christianity.
Also, Celtic druids did have books. Some of them were ceased by The Church.

Är du schizofren?

dude their religion was ad hoc. They just made up whatever bullshit they could think of and passed stories around and the good ones stayed.
Also the Vikings conquered what Italy, Britain, Viking land, Russia, wherever else and imposed their own concepts onto Christianity.
e.g. "Hell/Hel" is from vikings

>dude their religion was ad hoc. They just made up whatever bullshit they could think of and passed stories around and the good ones stayed.

*tips fedora*

>Asagudarna sades härstamma från Asien

En euhemerism, din fjant. Den prosaiska Eddan är, ännu en gång, skriven av Snorre och han har använt sig av material från den poetiska Eddan som är äldre än den prosaiska.

the virgin christian - writes paragraph upon paragraph about what they think, and how they feel. stores it, then meet and recite it to each other every day to feel better, and less afraid.

the chad viking - finds out a virgin king is attacking their pagan brothers down south, drops what they're doing then goes on a 300 year killing and raping spree. ultimately gets fed up and checks out.

vikings triggers the anglo

etymonline.com/word/hell
>The English word may be in part from Old Norse mythologicalHel(from Proto-Germanic*halija"one who covers up or hides something"), in Norse mythology the name of Loki's daughter who rules over the evil dead inNiflheim, the lowest of all worlds (nifl"mist"). A pagan concept and word fitted to a Christian idiom.