Why does Phantom World get dismissed all the time? Because the thing it's deconstructing is chuuni battle harems?

Why does Phantom World get dismissed all the time? Because the thing it's deconstructing is chuuni battle harems?

Quoting an anonymous critic from yesterday "no harem me cant self insert"

>deconstructing is chuuni battle harems
please explain because for me this show was just plain boring

Or maybe because it's just plain boring?

People here can't handle episodic shows, the idea that one may watch a show to see something interesting and enjoyable for 22 minutes rather than the means to the end of some plot is lost on them.

It was shitty even for battle harem standards. The characters were flat, the humor was bad and the only good bits were blatant fanservice.
Fuck phantom world.

How is it a deconstruction? By being mediocre as fuck?

If I wanna watch unconnected episodic content, I've got plenty of that in the West. The only thing anime has going for it is character & plot development.

Must have been me.

>no harem
>no fanservice
>all females are cunts
>characters boring af

Thanks Kyoanus.

inb4 that faggot who for some reason thinks Mai is well-written shows up and starts writing up his diatribes

And you're saying that based on what exactly?

Uh, no. Pretty much all the best stuff is episodic.

The only thing anime has going for it is escapism. It absolutely cannot compete with western shit in terms of development and honestly I couldn't give two shits about that anyway.

If you want to make a harem the first thing you gotta do is make the girls like the MC

Kyoanus even failed at that

People love Space Dandy and (until it was episodic) Flip Flappers.
Get the fuck out of here Kyoanicancer, Phantom World was just a pile of shit, and not because it was episodic.

Then why do people like Hyouka? Checkmate KyoAnus.

People shat on Space Dandy all the time

Because Hyouka had something else going for it.

Phantom World is KyoAni basically saying
>Hey, how about we take a harem, but take out everything that makes it a harem

The result is just some bland bullshit that nobody wants. Why market something as if it follows an established model and then just waste everyone's time? Why drop the established model in favor of pretty much nothing?

Almost every single slice of life is episodic, what are you going on about?

People shit on everything here, its Sup Forums.
I'm starting to think that kyoanusfags are inmortal, after so many flops and shit series they are still in full denial.

When it was airing there were persistent "fuck off back to Sup Forums" shitposters because of the american broadcast, but now it's generally considered great.
Not the case for Phantom Sales.

An over-arching plot isn't absolutely needed, though it can be a plus. The show had some fun stories and characters.

But it was less fun than the immediately preceding Amagi Brilliant Park and the characters weren't nearly as enjoyable as that.

Animu stops being hated when it stops bringing normalfags here. It's been a pattern for years, certainly since Madoka, but probably even before that.

>after so many flops and shit series
such as?

It was okay seasonal fodder but as a Kyoani show it was severely disappointing. Also the characters had no redeeming values outside of their design and initial gimmick.

Koito had a great character design that was very unfortunately wasted on this shit show.

The fact that Space Dandy is liked and Phantom world isn't just proves that it's a personal vendetta against Kyoani shows, because the characters in Space Dandy are just as flat and the main point of both shows is to showcase a different scenario or setting each week which they're pretty much equal in.
If you liked Space Dandy you have no reason to dislike Phantom World unless you hate anything with less than 26 episodes because that's the ONLY difference in enjoyment between the series.

I like most Kyoani shows, but PW was utter garbage.

Couldn't you have picked a good show to shill? Just fuck off with your Phantom shit threads.

Oh yeah, Space Dandy had a much better soundtrack of course, but all else is equal.

>The fact that Space Dandy is liked and Phantom world isn't just proves that it's a personal vendetta against Kyoani shows
My sides.

I don't doubt that half of IPs in this thread hate Kyoani shows regardless of them being good or not, but unfortunately Phantom World is pretty bland even if compared to other Kyoani's shows.

This. I wish to see someone that looks EXACTLY like me in more shows.

Are you the troll who tried to argue Mai wasn't moody and sisterly yesterday? The one making bait threads for PW is bad, but you are definitely not any better.

Are you the nutjob who confused the words emphatic and empathetic?

Because of the tits in ep 1

I might have made a typo but I at least can recognize simple traits in a character when I see them.

Amgai Brilliant Park proved that Kyoani could draw asses
Phantom World proved that Kyoani could animate jiggle
What series will Kyoani do that will show jiggling tits?

Phantom Turd

Hopefully Amagi season 2.

So PW didn't do jiggling tits? Then what jigle did it animate?