In what order should you read Evola?

In what order should you read Evola?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5NwxeQzGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alphabetical by the last word in the title

I wot m8

Start with Revolt against the modern world. Then you will have an easier time understanding Men among the ruins and Ride the tiger.

The following works can be read without any prior knowledge:

A handbook for rightwing youth
Meditations on the peaks
The metaphysics of war

He's Sicilian though

Thank you!
I remembered seeing a recommended order but couldn't remember it.

Here you go

in order of release

If we can keep the thread open for a few hours I can get home to my HD and I will drop a decent collection of writings by Julius Evola, Paul Foster Case, etc.

How long? I'll bump every 30 mins or so

Thank you. Pagan Imperialism in English, I hope. I can't find a copy anywhere.

This is accurate. I never really understood Evola until I read Hermetic tradition. Great book.

Revolt Against, Men Among, Ride the Tiger.

The rest however really, though I recommend Metaphysics of War and everyone on Sup Forums ought to read American 'Civilization'.

trying to find that Joseph De Maistre article? But i cant find it

I was looking at a copy on Amazon earlier today. Try the UK site or something.

What did he mean by this?

Is he /ourguy/ against the Mutts?

Evola's exposure to Hermetic monks as a child is the codifying moment of his life and what would result in him becoming the prolific research, philosopher, and writer that he was. They saw the impending Kali Yuga/Apocalypse and chose Julius to train in there knowledge so he could give it to the men at the end of earth. Prometheus's hand reaches from far away touching the present setting it ablaze for all the heavens to see.

tell me more

A chinaman riding a large cat
Well that clears things up

Look deeper.
You react too fast to the superficial without looking into the meaning. That's your problem.

If your desire is for understanding to be clear, then you will remain dissatisfied with the search for meaning.

bump

I hate obscure Eastern mysticism. They just can't articulate what they are getting at clearly.

Also, I can't find any common symbolic archetypes from your painting - except the third eye. Maybe the past-future symbolism too (tiger looking into the future and the chinaman into the past). For the other figures I can't give any relevant meaning...

>when you realize that song holy diver is about an evola book

Nobody knows anything about Evola's childhood

Bump

If you fight a tiger, it will tear you to shreds. You have no chance of winning if you confront it head on. But if you manage to latch on onto its back, you might be able to hold on until the tiger tires itself out. And when the tiger is exhausted you can emerge victorious.

The tiger is modernity.

It is useless to fight against the degeneration that the modern times bring. You will be overwhelmed by the forces at play.

But this age of dissolution, as Evola puts it, will eventually come to collapse under its own weight. The dark age will be followed by a golden age.
So we let the system accelerate, and await the inevitable collapse (which will not come in our lifetime).

In the meantime, you are to remain true to the world of tradition. Turn inwardly, focus on your own emotions and thoughts. Improve yourself, and see if you can partake in modernity without being swallowed by it.
The degeneracy may be all around you, but you know that true meaning comes from timeless principles; bravery, truth, beauty and so on.

You develop your character to such a point where the full weight of modernity is unable to influence you.

You ride the tiger of modernity.

this

>But if you manage to latch on onto its back, you might be able to hold on until the tiger tires itself out.
Except this is fucking retarded lol

I find it really weird how much more known Evola is on Sup Forums than Caryle is, despite Thomas Carlyle being more known in general.

>The tiger is modernity.
I think the metaphor is not the best. Modernity is much larger and more clumsy than a tiger, maybe think of it as a tyrannosaurus. It should be "ride the dinosaur" then it would make sense.

Ah! That makes sense. Thx user.
But still, I'm left wondering what's up with the sword, tea cup and those weird black and yellow threads.
Sword = soul, bravery, strength or honor (Dunno what does the tip of the sword mean. It almost looks like the sword is turning into the cat's tail or something).
but tea cup?

>implying anybody actually reads Carlyle
And I actually like him. At least I like Sartor Resartus and his history of the French Revolution. The latter day pamphlets are not bad, and his biographies are ok.

But I guarantee none of the NRx Larpers who namedrop him are actually reading him. It takes him an absurdly long time to say anything, the only real point in reading Carlyle is because you like Victorian literature

>It takes him an absurdly long time to say anything
That's English literature in general...Guess I never really noticed because of that.

Good poast

Attaq your mind, expand your grey matter bros.

But "Ride this very sick Tyrannosaurus rex that is about to fall, brah" does not have the same ring to it

Even for English writers this is excessive(and awesome):

"Who am I; what is this ME? A Voice, a Motion, an Appearance;—some embodied, visualized Idea in the Eternal Mind? Cogito, ergo sum. Alas, poor Cogitator, this takes us but a little way. Sure enough, I am; and lately was not: but Whence? How? Whereto? The answer lies around, written in all colors and motions, uttered in all tones of jubilee and wail, in thousand-figured, thousand-voiced, harmonious Nature: but where is the cunning eye and ear to whom that God-written Apocalypse will yield articulate meaning? We sit as in a boundless Phantasmagoria and Dream-grotto; boundless, for the faintest star, the remotest century, lies not even nearer the verge thereof: sounds and many-colored visions flit round our sense; but Him, the Unslumbering, whose work both Dream and Dreamer are, we see not; except in rare half-waking moments, suspect not. Creation, says one, lies before us, like a glorious Rainbow; but the Sun that made it lies behind us, hidden from us. Then, in that strange Dream, how we clutch at shadows as if they were substances; and sleep deepest while fancying ourselves most awake! Which of your Philosophical Systems is other than a dream-theorem; a net quotient, confidently given out, where divisor and dividend are both unknown? What are all your national Wars, with their Moscow Retreats, and sanguinary hate-filled Revolutions, but the Somnambulism of uneasy Sleepers? This Dreaming, this Somnambulism is what we on Earth call Life; wherein the most indeed undoubtingly wander, as if they knew right hand from left; yet they only are wise who know that they know nothing.

This entire paragraph is just 'we aren't sure of anything, and behind the veil of our lives is God'

You're meant to read it out loud. It's like Jonathan Bowden, even if you don't read with his voice just reading his orations out loud is better than reading it internally.

I'm not criticizing it, it's great. I'm saying most people do not want to read shit like this. Even if they care about the subject matter

Shoe0nhead >>>> Julius Evola

>So we let the system accelerate, and await the inevitable collapse (which will not come in our lifetime).

What makes you say this user? It looks as if it's about to collapse within the next decade from where I'm sitting

Required watching. Start forming a vanguard.
youtube.com/watch?v=Iy5NwxeQzGM

>open the door
>get on the floor
>everybody ride the dinosaur

>Have to read a dozen books and 60 some odd articles before you move on to Evola's main works
>Half of the list is new age bullshit
>"english is primitive as fuck"
How on Earth am I supposed to take this guy or his post seriously? I've seen Ride the Tiger and Evola's other works recommended a lot here so I've got no objections to giving them a read, but this guy's really riding Evola's dick hard.

>ride the dinosaur
I don't know whether you meant that to be funny or not but I sure found it to be

What makes you think it will collapse soon?