Is Youjo Senki as edgy and chuuni as it looks?

Is Youjo Senki as edgy and chuuni as it looks?

>edgy
>chuuni

>It's not a real face, it's a painting of a face
>There are two large bullet holes where the eyes used to be.
>There is someone on the other side watching you through the holes.

It's edgy but not really chuuni, the little girl who happens to be a military genius isn't a little girl on the inside.

Youjo Senki will just make you frustrated with how inept Germany's leadership was

>edgy
Yes
>chuuni
No

MC seems to have himself and the world he lives in figured out and he planned his life and is disciplined and steadfast in doing it.
Totally not a chuuni, adolescents seeking identity and forms delusional ones.
As for edgy, somebody who face something like being x and yet defying him, well...

It's edgy, but it's also
>aware that it's edgy
>doesn't try to pretend it's not edgy

So it's an acceptable edginess.

No, it makes fun of right-wingers since the author is a liberal who even expressed "sympathy for communism".

I don't think it takes sides, the author despite having political opinions of his own is clearly unbiased enough to not make any message clear and shoving it down our throats.

Is the LN still ongoing?

Except for the fact that the author explicitly says in the title that Tanya and whatever she does is evil

If only you could watch it and form your own opinions

Yes and that's why it's fun.

I- I want to marry this salaryman!!!

>the fact
You dense motherfucker, why do you think there were two separate trailers for the anime; one saying she is the devil the other saying she is an angel? No, the title of the anime is not an accurate indicator, Tanya is supposed to intrigue the viewer with her apparent evil and as the anime progresses the viewer notices how gray everything and everyone is, even God himself.

Beside that, even if you were right you'd still be wrong because it's a non-sequitor. Why does Tanya, an abberation from another world and another time, represent the whole of imperial (NOT NAZI) germany? Nobody else in the entire army is anything like her.

Salaryman is for Rerugen only!

It's not chuuni at all.
"Edgy" is extremely vague. It's definitely bold and bizarre, but the underlying theme is more sad than anything.
A man died in a senseless act of violence, was reincarnated with his memories. Deprived of his peaceful life by a disgruntled employee and a godfigure who seems to revel in humans killing each other, he embraces his unnatural willingness to kill another person and swears to both end the war and kill what he calls "being x." His dialogue with the blue-haired twat at the end is arrogant and cynical, but there's frustration and anger in it that comes off as really fucking relatable.
Also, high chair for high command.

those words describe the outlook and perspective of the overall show/book/comic not the way certain characters act within it

That's actually accurate, I'm the edgy chuuni for wanting to watch a cute little duck kill God.

it's pretty bad
don't forget le aoi overwank either

>don't forget to wank over Aoi
ftfy

no!

i want Sup Forums to think for me!

If you are not a history nerd or hate psycopath mc's you should steer clear. Otherwise it's the perfect show for you.

>psycopath mc
I think you meant "rational mc"

Not even that edgy, and way away from chuuni , but it has some flaws here and there.
Totes worth a watch tho

>Totes
When did I wander onto Facebook?

So, psychopath with morals/rules.
It is similar to Death Note

>psychopath

Everything Salaryman does has a very specific purpose, and nothing is done out of madness or insanity.

>nothing is done out of madness or insanity
Except for all of her interactions with Being X

Go read about Descartes' Evil Genius. Assuming you're religious and believe in God, you should be incredibly skeptical and wary if some being comes to you and claims to be God. The rational thing to do is to tell the being fuck off and go back to doing God things, assuming it really is God.

If only we could let AI watch anime for us and choose the best girls

>nothing is done out of madness or insanity
Which, funnily enough, is part of most every description of a psychopath: someone who is mentally very sound, or even has notably above average mental health, but has zero concern for the safety or wellbeing of others (and often seems to have reduced concern for one's own safety, as well).

If you don't know a work, look it up, dumbass, don't just guess.

>Descartes
>Mr. "I can imagine it, so it must be real!"
Yeah, I'll be taking anything he said seriously approximately never.

That would be a sociopath, if anything.

The fact remains that if a supernatural form appears before you, how do you prove that they are God or Satan? How do you know the being isn't deceiving you (e.g. Satan is pretending to be God)?

Then sociopath, ASPD, or whatever. He has no personal morals, that is evident.

I want to fuck the little duck.

yeah, dropped it after a few episodes
they ride around like strike witches, shit's extremely chuuni

Duck is not for sexuals

If they are the most powerful being, they are God.
If not, they are not God and not worthy of praise.

How does a mortal make that determination when they do not have anything to compare the being's power to?

>sociopath
That is literally not even a word among actual professionals. Stop talking about things you're ignorant of.

>blah blah supernatural blah
Maybe I'm a butterfly pretending to be a human. Maybe there's no world at all and solipsism was right!

Assuming I care about the vague possibility of some ultimate evil figure is where you went wrong. Well, that, and assuming I'd do anything just because God asked or told me to.

That's just because of localization bullshit. Youjo Senki means War Chronicles of a Little Girl. Tanya the Evil was a title made up by faggots who think WW1 Germany was evil or that the show is based on WW2.

I'm the guy he was talking to, and I know that but forgot to mention it in my reply, and I figured I rekt him enough already so I'll just save it for his reply. It seems he left the thread in shame.

It's way past that point.

I see no reason not to ask. If you are lied to and end up worshipping the entity that isn't God, then your only sin is ignorance. You could even ask for the being to show proof(or make you understand) that they are omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.

Good question, though. And this is just my understanding of it.

It is edgy but it doesn't take itself too seriously so it's not that bad