Ask the LawFag

Canadian LawFag here, AMA law related. If it's a legal question, tell me where you're from.

What expenditures can i reduce in my tax form?

How is Canada still tied to the U.K.?
Serious question

I don't know. I'm not a Finnish accountant. I'm a Canadian lawyer.

Which law school?

Good question. Without Googling it, I'd say that Canada belongs to the British Commonwealth of Nations, we have a Governor General who is the Queen's representative (a ceremonial title), and her face is on our money.

I went to University of Western Ontario in London, Ontario.

What gives the US the right to monitor all web traffic from any country in the world, via the NSA program's xkeyfactor software?

Currently a 3rd year student looking to go to law school. Finished last semester with an 86 average or 3.9 GPA. I'm not expecting to go to the best school, but just a decent one. If I keep my GPA at this level, what score should I need on my LSAT to get into a decent school? Also, what other considerations are taken into account besides grades and LSAT score during admissions?

As far as I know, they don't monitor all the web traffic from any country in the world. But they can try to monitor traffic which goes through servers in the US, and that's pretty much all of it.

Your wrong, the NSA has operations at all US military bases. They actually set up an operation in the UK to monitor US traffic to bypass the legal problems that would arise if they monitored the US on US soil.

i just built this

how fucked am i?

mungus.ca

Unless you want to work for a prestigious law firm then it matters somewhat which law school you go to. Other than that nobody cares. Once you have a few years under your belt they care about how good a job you do rather than where you went to school.

Just get the best marks you can, get a LSAT practise book or program and practise the shit out of it. The logic puzzles part is something you can get better with by practising. And different schools put different weight on the LSAT so just do your best and don't worry about it. Pick the school where you'll be least stressed, because it's closer to home, or in a smaller city, or it's cheaper if that matters, etc..

Law schools like to see some curricular leadership and volunteer work but don't go crazy. You have to study too.

And don't worry about what you'll do after law school. The hardest part of becoming a lawyer is simply getting in. Once you're accepted that means you have the academic tools to get through it and you should be fine.

Is it common for dogs to give blowjobs to people in canananada? Do you wear a powdered wig when your dog sucks you off?

Fine. I'm wrong. You win a medal.

Wait, aren't US military bases considered US territory? Wait, forget I ask. I don't want to get into a debate about it. Obviously I'm not expert on the topic.

Probably pretty fucked.

Thanks friend

Hi. I thought there was an oversupply of lawyers, that a degree in law was far less prestigious than it was, say, ten years ago. I also was told that it's very easy to get into law school now because there is such an oversupply of lawyers that few people are willing to shell out the money to get a professional degree without a secure job future.

True?

It is considered uncommon for dogs to give blowjobs. Giving good head isn't something natural for dogs. They don't have the bone structure to "suck" well. You'll never see a dog drinking a soda through a straw, for example. However, if you smear peanut butter or bacon on your little schnauzer, I'm sure that you'd get off when your big schauzer comes to lick it up.

I only wear a powdered wig to court. And to the bookstore's gloryhole.

Let's say you or someone you know did something illegal and the cops show up at your house and start asking you questions about it. What do you do?

I don't know. And it may well be different in Canada than in the US. And who gives a shit about prestige? You pick a career because you like it (or at least don't hate it) and the pay is decent.

You ask them "am I under arrest?" and if you are then you have the right to say nothing. If you are not under arrest then you also have the right to say nothing. Thus, always say nothing other than to give your name and show ID if you have it on you.

That doesn't look guilty at all! I think you probably just watched a youtube video and now you think you're a lawyer.

Has there ever been movements to secede and separate entirely from the British?

I think you should fuck right off.

I don't know. Are you writing a paper? I'm not a historian.

Is Holocaust denial legal in Canada? And more generally, what are the limits of free speech and freedom of association in Canada?

A real lawyer would tell you you should be courteous and respectful in conversation to police. You don't have to reveal anything, but asking 'am i under arrest?' looks extremely bad.

You can look that up. I do mostly family law these days. If you want to get through a divorce without losing all your shit and your kids, or if the child welfare authorities have put your children into foster care for no reason, that's what I do.

I am a real lawyer and I'm as courteous as I need to be, when treated with courtesy. The police aren't there to help you explain your side of the story they are there to gather evidence to use against you, full stop.

I just figured you'd know.
No, just curious.

Hey Peter.

Hey, uh.....you!

cheeky cunt

>Canadian LawFag here, AMA law related
>what are the limits of free speech in Canada?
>hurr durr i dunno, look it up yourself

(I'm not Peter, I'm just trying to fuck with some user who thinks he recognizes who I am.)

Too late. Already looked you up on UWO alumni directory

What, I'm supposed to write you a fucking essay here? Eat me.

I really enjoy fucking mentally retarded women. Like seriously mentally disabled, sub 65 IQ droolers. Is that legal in Canada?

Sure. But you can't be in a position of power or trust. And the easiest way to fuck the seriously disabled is to pretend to be in a position of power or trust, and that vitiates consent so is likely considered a crime.

Who said anything about writing an essay Chang? Just give me the general principles. Also I'm 100% sure you're a chink. High achiever yet altogether lacking self-awareness and the kind of non-autistic intelligence that lets you see the big picture

You got me. I'm Peter Chang.