CHRISTIAN GENERAL -- /cg/ -- Fuming atheists edition

arguments against atheism and paganism are duly welcomed, friends.

Other urls found in this thread:

americamagazine.org/faith/2017/12/27/were-jesus-mary-and-joseph-refugees-yes
ourdailyjourney.org/2017/12/12/jesus-the-refugee/
kairoscenter.org/sermons-bible-studies-liturgies/politics-christmas-roman-empire/jesus-refugee-matthew-21-15/
biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/jesus-was-a-refugee/
americamagazine.org/issue/100/jews-and-vatican-ii
vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P3M.HTM
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI&t=4s
mediafire.com/?oejoq6knxqmx3
mediafire.com/file/z8qhdc2m3x7a2u6/CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTION.zip?ssl=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Conservatism in the US depends on white evangelicalism, no way around it

The topic changed, it's not about being against atheism/paganism...

and take away this gun, catho-chan.

pls

"Conservatism" in America is basically just the liberalism of 20 years ago. In 20 years from now, conservatives will be saying they're ok with trannies in bathrooms and transgender rights, but they're not ok with incest or polygamy or whatever the issue of the future would be.

this always amazed me.. conservatism is clearly kept on life support by white evangelical christians, so why aren't people trying to actively sustain their population?

yeah the overton window has shifted

Also, I need someone here to explain how they can be racially and consciously white while following a shit-tier Semitic religion.

the Bible is nationalistic and anti-globalist. covenant theology and christian zionism were invented in the 1800's. before that, Christians knew that Jews were of the devil and destroying the world.

>Call no man father conflicts with the ten commandments and a myriad of bible verses. and in Matt. 23:8 Jesus prohibits calling men teacher but in Matthew 28:19–20 Jesus says 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and TEACHING them to obey everything I have commanded you."

Again.
This is just about holding a religious title, like the rabbi did at Jesus' time...

Friendly reminder that Revelation predicted Babylonian luciferian Jews being at the center of the New World Order.

JESUS WAS A REFUGEE

americamagazine.org/faith/2017/12/27/were-jesus-mary-and-joseph-refugees-yes

ourdailyjourney.org/2017/12/12/jesus-the-refugee/

kairoscenter.org/sermons-bible-studies-liturgies/politics-christmas-roman-empire/jesus-refugee-matthew-21-15/

biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/jesus-was-a-refugee/

HOW CAN FAKE CHRISTIANS FROM Sup Forums HANDLE THIS?

Not the Overton window... conservatives themselves have fucking given up. It's the American right-wing, for example, that's always whining about how Islamic countries are throwing homos in jail and how they need to treat them more nicely. The right-wing bends over backwards for niggers, homos and cucks, like what we saw with Trump trying to wave a fag flag around (and guess what, homos didn't care and voted for liberals anyway).

That's why most modern day evangelicals and Christian conservatives simply say: "oh, we're ok with gay people, just not gay marriage! It's those evil Muslims that have a problem with gay people, not us!" The only exceptions are people like Pastor Anderson, one of the few Christians I can respect.

>Its called hell in the bible so i am just gonna call it hell .. jesus said that the gates of hell would not prevale and jesus came out of hell

But this "hell" you are speaking about is the "grave", not the usual hell of fire.
The problem with the word "hell" or "inferno" is that it's mixing the hebraic sheol/greek hades with the Gehinnom, the gehenna.

I am not christian tardlord. I just wont want to get raped by uneducated betamax finger sniffers

Great talking point but lacks substance. Though politics have shifted to the left all over the west, evangelicals still preach against gender equality, homosexuality, and abortion exactly like 20 years ago

Evangelicalism is still a plurality and is the only steady Christian population, (((Catholics))) and mainline protestants are tanking hard

True, we should be converting muslims to Christianity and murdering them when they refuse.

>And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
>murdering them when they refuse

lol, and we should be nice to refugees, but not illegal immigrant new world order globalist satanic fake refugees. you're not a refugee if you reach turkey, italy and greece, and then actively move illegally through all of western europe. that's called being an economic migrant, which the bible is firmly against.

Yeah, but they're coming to our cities, different scenario. If I went to saudi and kept my christian values I'd expect to be killed too.
Plus we're commanded to hate every false way.

You're thinking of mainline protestantism

Thessalonians 3:10
>For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.
These people are not refugees, they are economic migrants who come to Europe for gibs

What does religion have to do with money? Aren't you supposed to like starve because it's pious or something? That's consistent with most of the ones people still take seriously.

Because they act like normal human beings. You have to be mentally ill to to be pro race mixing and anti-white. Fortunatelly, Christianity is a good shield against alt-left ideologies

Liberal Churches die off pretty soon. Not hard to understand why, when you start compromising on the word of God to fit in with the times it's clear that you don't really believe. You can only keep a group of cultural Christians who use their faith as a fashion statement before they get bored and decide it's too much trouble to go to Church

You are making this up.
Most Evangelicals are only okay with h gay people in that they are not hunting them and throwing them in prison. But most evangelicals won't let a gay person be a leader or help in church service. And they aren't even calling them Christian if they are unrepentant of homosexuality.

That's true but we should be careful not to conflate national security with converting muslims. If we murder muslims because they don't convert, that makes us just as bad as them.

>What does religion have to do with money?
Money is mentioned a lot in the Bible in various contexts. The Bible teaches that we can sometimes fast if we want to, but we shouldn't self-flagellate like the Catholics do, and throw knives into our backs... that's pagan and wicked.

Pretty accurate, except for the bit about salvation coming from baptism. That's not how it works and if he was a man of God he'd know that and speak it.

Conservative don't do Adrenochrome. What's Adrenohrone and why is it connected to pedos and human trafficking? Duck Duck Go it. Rabbit holes goes deep.

True, let's just stick to this

You need to be baptized to be saved user, go get it done.

God is between you and him. Why put a corruptible men between you and God called church?

Show me where it says that in the Bible.
Because most "christians" who don't go to church do it out of laziness and don't care about God's word. They're covered in tattoos, generally fat, fornicating, lazy....just the worst.

>Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.

>Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

>Baptism, which corresponds to this, now saves you, not as a removal of dirt from the body but as an appeal to God for a good conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

>Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

I mean the Bible is pretty explicit on this. You need to be baptized.

>Unironically believing that a person you have never seen and have no proof of their existence, from a different realm of existence, impregnated a women over 2,000 years ago so he could be sent on a suicide mission to somehow save you from your sins and reverse edicts infallible made in the past from a perfect god. As God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are somehow three different people but the same person.

kek

That's not Biblical whatsoever... Baptism is only done symbolically as an act of obedience to the Father. That's the reason Jesus did it and it's the reason we do it.

Christianity has been subverted due to its own text.

> I hate faggots but niggers are also gods children and can be based. Kikes, well they're gods chosen people. Now lets give aid to an African village so they can breed like crazy off handouts!

>“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
"Water and the Spirit" doesn't refer to baptism. Not even mainstream Christians and theologians believe that. Look up what the water, the blood and the spirit symbolize in the Bible, and look up why water came out of Jesus' body when they pierced him on the cross.

>Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Notice how it says that whosoever doesn't BELIEVE will be condemned? It doesn't say, "whosoever doesn't get baptized won't be saved".

>Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Uhm, yes, we should do that. But what saves them is their faith.

What about the thief on the cross?

>*act of obedience to the Bull

>Kikes, well they're gods chosen people.
No one who has read the Bible cover to cover believes this.

There is not a single mainline Christian denomination that believes that baptism is optional. Not Catholicism, not Orthodoxy, not Lutheranism, not Baptism, not Anglicans. Get it together user. The necessity of being baptized is like the one sacrament that ALL Christian churches believe is important.

>This is just about holding a religious title, like the rabbi did at Jesus' time...
I disagree. It's about not honoring a religious title for the purpose of satisfying pride, otherwise the rest of the bible makes no sense.
The context of the verse is the denunciation of the scribes and pharisees Matthew 23:6–7
a Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to his disciples,
* saying, “The scribes and the Pharisees have taken their seat on the chair of Moses.
Therefore, do and observe all things whatsoever they tell you, but do not follow their example. For they preach but they do not practice.
b They tie up heavy burdens* [hard to carry] and lay them on people’s shoulders, but they will not lift a finger to move them.
* c All their works are performed to be seen. They widen their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels.
* d They love places of honor at banquets, seats of honor in synagogues,
greetings in marketplaces, and the salutation ‘Rabbi.’
* As for you, do not be called ‘Rabbi.’ You have but one teacher, and you are all brothers.
Call no one on earth your father; you have but one Father in heaven.
Do not be called ‘Master’; you have but one master, the Messiah.
The use of father as a religious term is used by Paul in 1 Cor. 4:14–15:
4 I do not write these things to make you ashamed, but to admonish you as my beloved children. 15 For though you have countless[a] guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

Good old Anderson.

Sure, but your particular passage isn't even remotely referring to baptism. When the Bible means baptism, it says baptism. Either way, baptism IS NOT a requirement for salvation. In Acts 8:37-38, we learn that baptism is only done after already having faith in Jesus Christ. That's when we do baptism.

Faith is what saves, not baptism.

The devil deceives the world. He doesn't try and fail, he does.
So arguing that something is popular doesn't mean it's right.
In fact, you might be in danger if you think you're saved from the baptism and not from Christ. THe one thing youhave to do is have faith in christ and you're bungling it by conflating it with works.

If you're part of a Church that tells you that being baptized isn't necessary you're being lied to, simple as that. There is a reason Jesus EXPLICITLY told his disciples to baptize people. It is NOT optional. Period.

>Notice how it says that whosoever doesn't BELIEVE will be condemned?
It says "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved". Whoever believes AND is baptized will be saved.

So Jesus lied to the thief on the cross?

>The expression "Christ-killer" or "deicide" is heard less in some parts of the Christian world than in others. But wherever it is used, the draft declares: "The sacred events of the Bible and, in particular, its account of the crucifixion, cannot give rise to disdain or hatred or persecution of the Jews." We think that the president of the American Jewish Committee was right, along with others who made the same commentary, when he concluded: "Acceptance of this decree will make it impossible for anyone to instigate hatred for Jews and claim sanction or support in Christian teaching or dogma."
americamagazine.org/issue/100/jews-and-vatican-ii

I never knew there was an "Anglican Church" other than the Episcopal Church in the USA.

At least fellow white Catholics are still good.

Jesus explicitly told his disciples many things, and baptism is an important thing that believers should do. But it doesn't save. Also: thief on the cross, the perfect salvation story.

The baptism is not what saves you, but Christians are commanded to be baptized. We are saved by faith; the evidence of faith is good works. The thief on the cross was saved because he believed. If he wasn't hanging on a cross, he would have been baptized.

>fast for 40 days
>cry because of how horrible the perverse temptations of Satan were
>fasting now over
>understand how difficult it was for Lord Jesus during His temptation in the wilderness
>still know He would never have sinned
>fast forward to now
>can't stop degenerate thoughts
>no fap for me is like a fish trying to climb a mountain
Welp. At least the good thing to come out of it was that I now feel sorry for gays, Catholics and other people because of the cursed liar's temptations to lead people astray.

Can't figure out if I'm still blessed or not, since before fasting I had a glimpse of something above, a table was being set while I was sitting down at it, plates, cups, etc. Also had another vision where I was talking to a few people on some grass and then Lord Jesus came and walked over to us.

Now I don't know what's going to happen. Anyone else struggling lately? Is it just me or is perversion and stuff getting worse? Pic related.

True, I'm just saying it's dangerous to focus on the baptism too much or you end up thinking it saves people.

Why don't Christians care about thier Christian children future I inspired pic related from "gas the kike 14/88 race war now" meme literally my first meme rate please and don't overreact please it is just a crusader joke

What its like to be a christian in modern Sweden?

Hey /cg/, you're about to play in a Sup Forums soccer tournament, link is at pic related

>Captcha Beware Deus

The morality and values of the civilized world (universal values for that matter) all come from the bible, all other religions promoted sinful behaviours that ultimately led to it's destruction.

And those (((atheists))) -the worst religion- who say that morality comes "from the rationality of men" please gas yourselves, there's no historical evidence of that claim.

>duse vult
lol
but no seriously, hate every false way. We're supposed to be crusading devil worshippers not letting them rape kids and throw acid at us.

The point is that baptism is what cleanses you of sin and allows you to reborn as part of the body of Christ. It's importance is emphasized very strongly in both scripture and tradition. Nobody is saying that you get baptized and then you're home free, but it's the beginning of your spiritual life, you can't follow the path of Christ without it.

If you discovered that the guy kissing that foot was doing something which is against God's will, would you change your mind or move the goal posts?

Wrong
Catholic practices are terrible despite still holding a white majority

>is what cleanses you of sin and allows you to reborn
That's calling God a liar. You're defending your church over God.

>That's calling God a liar
Luke 3:3
And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins

Mark 1:4
John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

And which Church do you think that is? You're going to have a hard time guessing because that is standard doctrine in pretty much every church in the world

So we know that baptism is symbolic of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, and that baptism won't remove our sins, but is done symbolically after we have accepted Jesus as our savior.

I find it really interesting that all the verses in the Bible that "baptism for salvation" nuts use (Mark 1:4, Acts 2:38, Luke 3:3, etc) use the exact same wording: "preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins" (Swedish Bible says "to the remission of sin").

This is the exact same wording that's used when Moses tells the Israelites that the animal sacrifices are done "for the remission of sins"... yet we know that the animal sacrifices never actually removed sin, they were only symbolic of Christ's sacrifice (shown in Hebrews 9 and 10, where we learn that the animal sacrifices and carnal ordinances were "a shadow of things to come" and "a figure of the time then present".

Very interesting that God would use the exact same wording to demonstrate for us how these acts are all symbolic and don't actually bring about salvation itself.

So beautiful.

>Moses tells the Israelites that the animal sacrifices are done "for the remission of sins"

Great presentation. What swedish Christian group are you a part of?

> muh faith & works
> muh appeal to satan
> muh assuming what others believe

Jesus answered, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of *water* and the *Spirit*. ~John 3:5

> water baptism
> Spirit Pentecost/laying on hands/chrismation

> muh 500 year-old interpretations splintered into 30k sects have to be right.
> Everyone before Luther and Calvin have to be wrong

How to own atheists instantly.
>Wait til you die
>laugh in their face when they are burning in hell/stop existing
Congratulations. You won. Now leave me the fuck alone, so i can secure the future of my race. And dont moral fag when im gassing niggers

Ah, it seems like the English uses "sins are forgiven" in Leviticus (4:26). Either way, they're still referring to the same thing: our sins being removed. Would you still agree with the basic premise?

You don't have to be baptized to be saved though, it's just a good idea.
Does it matter? If they're preaching you need to be baptized to be saved, they're wrong. Might as well be mormon.

Elim Church, it's an Evangelical Baptist church. And you?

vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P3M.HTM

Southern baptist

Okay, nice... how's the Southern Baptists holding up against liberalization and what not? Swedish churches are extremely liberal, and the conservative churches have hard influences from Pentecostalism and the "Charismatic" movement.

We were slipping in the 20th century but had a remarkable conservative resurgence in the 90s, where conservatives took back power in the seminaries from the "moderates" and thereby the whole convention shifted.

I would say the moral struggles of the sbc are representative of evangicalism in the US. We're the largest non-catholic denomination in the world, so there's politics at play, but our entire structure is based around the autonomy of the local church. The convention only exists to share resources, mainly for missions, through what we call the "cooperative program"

Pentecostalism is not welcome at all in southern Baptist churches, it's a regular sermon topic

The "ethics and religious liberty commission" and some resolutions are pretty anti-trump at times, but that's mostly it. Trump's evangelical advisor is the pastor of first Baptist dallas

Do you have a moment to talk about Jesus Christ ?

I'm actually afraid of JW's because they are so unbelievably brainwashed and can't explain away all the changes they made to the Bible to fit their strange narrative. Believe it or not, but there are quite a few JW's around where I live, and they do A LOT of door knocking.

I think the worst torture for me as a Christian is the fact that the bible is true, Jesus is the Way and that people, people I know and love are going to hell for all of eternity. I don't understand.... the evidence for the bible is absolutely overwhelming, it's insane, nothing else in history, no text, no story, no writing has so many prophecies that have come true, no other text has been accurate on future and past events with such perfect precision....But they don't care, they find an excuse, a way out of a book that literally tells the future over and over again.

This book has never been disproven, its infallible. Broken philosophy and hearsay is the only thing that can touch the truth of the bible. I mean, there's history accounts of Jesus, Paul, the apostles, the resurrection etc. In fact, there's so much evidence in the bible and what it says, that if any other historic document had even a fraction of the evidence the bible has, it would be taken as historical fact instantly.

Sure it all can't be proven "empirically" but that is also by design, if we could empirically prove every verse in the bible, faith would be demolished and the sacrifice of Jesus would be in vain. But I'm getting off topic..I just feel tortured guys. Why won't they believe? Why can't they see I'm not doing this for me, but for them.

This pic is about atheists.

Southern Baptists seem to resist left-wing influence pretty well, but they have a hard time undoing past liberalizations, like their acceptance of contraceptives.

>vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P3M.HTM
>vatican.va

Post verses specifically from the bible. Fortunately I'm not a catholic and I believe Solas Scriptura. I'd rather believe the Word of God than the word of some sinner. :)

My bad, didn't mean to misrepresent

Before I leave this thread let me add:

If you're a catholic who gives tradition and writing of "holy men" equal to, or more merit than the bible, you are what's wrong with this world and should be ashamed of yourself.

You just summed up exactly how I feel, but keep in mind that people's rejection of His word is literally predicted and explained inside the Bible, so we shouldn't grow weary by this fact -- it only strengthens my faith in the fact that the Bible is true.

Believe it or not, but I used to be one of those annoying atheist teenagers trying to "disprove" the Bible, and whenever I got into an argument I was just grasping at straws. My family comes from a very Evangelical background with lots of church activities in their youths, but they never transferred their faith to me by teaching me about the Bible -- so I had to find it myself, and when I did, all of the verses and the teachings and doctrines just started making sense out of the blue.

"For the word of God is QUICK AND POWERFUL, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of the soul and the spirit, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

Cuckthlics and Orthocux BTFO!

embrace sedevacantism
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI&t=4s

>inb4 the crazy German anti-vacantist catholic comes along and calls you a heretic for denying the pope

Yeah, I know that Hispanics are becoming too prominent among Catholics. I said white Catholics.

congrats on winning against ancap

Baptism is required for Salvation.

There are 3 ways a man can be baptized:
1) Baptism by water. Most Christians are baptized this way.
2) Baptism by desire. A Christian who has the desire (or would have the desire if he knew it was necessary) and intention to be baptized but cannot for some reason (dies before he can be baptized, no one to baptize him, doesn't know how, etc) is consisered baptized by intention. (This is the Good Thief)
3) Baptism by blood. An unbaptized man who dies for the Faith or in the name of Christ is a martyr and has been baptized in his own blood.

Baptism washes away Original Sin. It is not 'symbolic' and has never been 'symbolic'. It is a literal cleansing of the Soul by contact with water.

Why was Christ baptized?

Christ did not have Oriiginal Sin, therefore he did not need to be baptized to be cleansed. He needed to be baptized so he could cleanse water. When Adam sinned, the land itself was corrupted (the rocks cried out in joy at Christ's coming) and even the waters were filthy with sin. Christ's body was Holy and Sacred. Contact with his body and Spirit cleansed all water for all time (including time before his baptism which is why John baptized even before Christ revealed himself) so that it could be used to baptize men.

Does this mean unbaptized babies go to Hell?

No. Original Sin cannot, by itself, merit Hell. Only intentional mortal sin can merit Hell. An unbaptized baby is innocent of all intentional mortal sin and therefore either goes to Limbo, or by some mechanism unknown to mortal men, is baptized in Spirit and goes to Heaven. God gave us the Sacraments, but He is not bound by the Sacraments. As far as we know or can know, baptism is required for Salvation.

Does Baptism wipe away all sin?

Yes. A man who is baptized has Original Sin and all other sins wiped away from him instantly, and is filled with Grace.

Sedevantism is retarded.

Sedevacantism*

DOWNLOAD CHRISTIAN BOOKS!!!!

mediafire.com/?oejoq6knxqmx3

mediafire.com/file/z8qhdc2m3x7a2u6/CHRISTIAN BOOKS COLLECTION.zip?ssl=1

Stop making up crap. Where is this in the Bible?

>Baptism washes away Original Sin. It is not 'symbolic' and has never been 'symbolic'.
Then why did Jesus get baptized and why did the thief go to Heaven?

Guess you're screwed than