S.T.E.M. Degrees

Quick Question, its
>Science
>Technical
>Economy
>Medicine

What about Law? People on here keep obsessing over STEM, but I found law to be equally promising as a University major.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_social_cycle
youtube.com/watch?v=qxV1yN_yPd8
youtube.com/watch?v=8o8Vhc4EzhU
youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg7qKstnPk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not what STEM stands for. It's Science, Technology, Engineering and Math.

Law is based on feels like everything that isn't rooted in math.

Its still a lucrative Subject id say.
That doesnt change from the fact that it is a lot about viewpoints and interpretation.

Sorry, my bad. Where would Medicine fit in then? Science?

Other people will point out that you're wrong about what STEM stands for, so I won't bother explaining that.

Law is an EXTREMELY poor career choice unless you are super motivated and competent. Think of it like this: Throughout all their lives, kids are getting told that being a Doctor, Lawyer, Architect, Scientist, etc are the premiere jobs they should aspire too. But, like most people, they realize they're not good at math or actual stressful jobs. So they figure "DURR! I know how to read, so I should be able to do law! Itz da easiest of the big jobs I know of!". Like-minded fucktards with thoughts similar to that absolutely FLOOD into law study, most fail, and most who don't are still semi-shitty at it in a very, VERY crowded market. Meanwhile, it's very rare that someone has the gumption to walk a different path.

All these big money jobs are difficult, but people swarm into Law because they think it will be the easiest of the bunch. All of those people get one rude fucking awakening. If you're not the type of person who has already researched the law on your own before you went to college, do not try and major in it. For the love of God. You will fuck yourself up so bad.

Everyone goes into that shit thinking it's the "easy" high-pay job. It. Is. Not.

All libtard propoganda either way

Chicken or the egg?

Do you think not being succint leads to being a good lawyer? Your post implies such quality.

Is computer science classified as Technical or Science?

Engineering

>Do you think not being succint leads to being a good lawyer? Your post implies such quality.
If you seriously think how long my post was has any bearing on what I think is a good quality in a lawyer, you are a fucking retard. I'm not even a lawyer. I've merely been to University and saw dozens of the fuckers fail extremely hard, and I'm trying to express to him that if he's selecting a job based on how much money he thinks he's going to get for minimum effort, not only is he going to be shocked to find how difficult the job really is, he's going to be shocked with how many foolish dipshits fell into the same trap he did.

ok thanks, didn't see

No, nobody classifies it as engineering. It's a science more so.

Lawyers are getting replaced en mass by AI already. All you need to replace a lawyer for most of the routine work they do is an AI that can understand writing and those already exist. I wouldnt go into law today.

You lack true critical reasoning. I'm not even gonna finish reading your post past the mention of you being in uni and watching failures. I'll read the rest when I post. Stop being a nuisance while I'm typing too thanks.

Might I suggest meditation and not being so intellectually jewish as some could say on this board?

I am actually thinking about mayoring Law in Austria.
What you are currently saying appears to be a Burger perspective, if I am honest.
Here, it is the other Way around (I think).
Law, while being quite a prestigous subject and of course, quite difficult, has quite good job chances afterwards, that of course depending on the Score you get on your State Exam. The Competition can be tough, or not. Alot of people do not finish Law and yes, a lot of retards start studying it, walk around like they are Millionaires for a semester and then fail at the first exam. Happens.
Im not sure how you Americans handle Law, or the study of Law, but what you are describing sounds more like your usual Social Study.

On the other hand, in Germany, we got something called BWL (Betriebswirtschaftslehre, or "business economy study"). Its literally the first choice for most people because it can in the end lead to anything from a stable income mid-class job to CEO.
The competition can be insane and its often the Major people joke about that those who major in it end up as paper delivery boys in some office cubicle.

>Medicine
NEIN NEIN NEIN

major key alert too senpaitachi:

three US states have apprentice opportunities meaning that you can take the Bar exam in those states (and be a lawyer) if you have passed the LSAT and have a certain amount of hours under a lawyer. You must also hold an undergrad degree.

Actually it's:
>Sociology
>Tumblr
>Ethnic studies
>Men not allowed.

Allright, a bit of Explaining. I fell for the "Study what you are interested in" Meme, which for me was History.
After a long hard think, I think that I am going to switch to a more profitable major. Not necessarily easier, but safer in the sense that I know that I am working towards something. With History the problem is that, while you can do a lot of jobs with it, nothing is really secure. You can come a professor with a fat salary or you can be unemployed as soon as you leave your Uni.
I want Security, not from personal failure but from studying myself into unemployment.
Im a smart guy. I think I can manage it, if I put enough time, planning and effort into it.

It doesnt matter what they stand for, women are too dumb for anything except gender studies, canada border politics and game of thrones language arts.

second key alert:

you're not suited for the service industry if you are in it for the cash.

Well, Cash is one of the major drawing points to alot of the STEM and other jobs.
Of course, you should have fun doing it, but what else should be a drawing point?

>Science, technology, economy, medicine, law
What the hell do you think stem represents, just a bunch of random degrees that can sometimes make a lot of money?

Law is for faggy Redditors

vidya is intrinsic. speedrunning vidya is very enthralling even if it's something super simplistic

>STEM
Outdated term.
Pic related is the 2018 term created by ACTUAL scientists of sociology, psychology, and anthropology.

Nigger, you're just getting assmad that I struck a nerve and so you're lashing out. You're only saying you "stopped reading" because you read the entire thing, realized you were incapable of responding without sounding like a retard, and then decided to try giving up while saving face as much as you possibly could. Some advice: Getting all pissy and aggressive and then trying to frame is if YOU are the rational one just makes you look like a childish little bitch.

You're a thin-skinned pussy and a coward, and you're trying to make it my problem instead of your own. Kill yourself.

No, but alot of people on here were suggesting that anything apart from STEM was useless. I am merely inquiring what the board thinks about Law, as it is not listed in the STEM-Meme.

>Chicken or the egg?
The egg, before the chicken, an animal very similar to a chicken laid an egg from which would hatch the first chicken.

but Art isn't related whatsoever

Because a law degree costs a fuck of a lot more and your earning potential isn't really that impressive. I make more than the lawyers I know and my degree was like $25k. They owe $300k+.

I'm meeting a lawyer friend to see a movie later today. We have to sit in the theater with shitty seats because they don't want to swing an extra $5.

Law is a great field to get into right now, with so many lawyers under indictment, there will be many vacancies opening up, when those scum go to prison.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_social_cycle

Dumb dumbs, reeeeeeeeee

Lifeform or egg? ;)

>Art
leaf please

Again, burger perspective. We do not have Tuition here, a couple of hundred bucks at best.
Think of a Law Degree without half a Million in Debt.

>He thinks there is no math in art
>He thinks there is no technology in art (ever heard of DIGITAL media??)
>He thinks there is no engineering in art (ex. creating fliers for environmental causes)
I mean come on

I thought it was Science, Technology, Electronic, and Mechanical, but maybe I'm just completely wrong.

I'll add to this: most grad school classes in Germany are exclusively in English nowadays.

>studying law
>for the money
if the world has anything in excess then it is lawyers

Law-fag here. The legal market will balance out soon. Less people are enrolling in law school. Less people are sitting for the bar. Less people are passing the bar, too.

Comp Sci is Honorary Engineering

I am fluent in English. That is why I amst thus eloquently spoken, thou Burger'st.

If you are an American with a law degree, and no insider help to get a good career position at a major firm, or the capital to start your own good luck with being a permanent paralegal.
Unless of course you have great talent in the courtroom, and are in the top 10% of those with your degree. Lots of law degrees, not that many positions for them, driving wages lower.
Same for accounting now.

In the US Law is postgrad stuff, and it's oversaturated with humanities majors who couldn't find employment with their gender studies degrees. Unless you're really smart/can get in a T14 Law School is a waste of time

That's not even close to being true, it's based on the letter of the law not "feels."

>Ratured a-hole.

Yep, that's an artist.

NIBBA WOMHST TOUH ARE THO YO MA

In Europe, being a lawyer isn't that big a deal. In the United States, law school is far more difficult, and lawyers are in a class of their own. C. Wright Mill said lawyers are their own aristocracy in the U.S.

Easy, just add law
>Math
>Engineering
>Law
>Tech
>Science
now it's MELTS

Law isn't there for the same reason Finance isn't. That's where the actual money is, and (((they))) know it. The STEM meme exists to flood the job market with the worker drones of the future while you-know-who rakes in the shekels.

>t. non-lawyers talking like he's a lawyer

Get with the times

Why is Accounting considered STEM but not Finance or Economics?

>much less harder math and math required than Finance
>much less harder math and statistics required than economics

>S.T.E.M.
Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics

The STEM program was designed to make slaves. Good little obedient workers who do their job, and are incapable of functioning in the real world without a manager telling them what to do.
Avoid that shit like the plague, unless you want to be foreveralone wagecuck in a cubicle riding a bicycle

Medicine is none of the 4, but I liken doctors to engineers of the body. Closest fit to the mentality and similar in that both doctors and engineers build on scientific knowledge to ensure safety.

Because Economics is a pseudo science

because burgers sue anybody over anything
and fabricate billion dollar lawsuits out of thin air
of course they have a different "demand" for such a "trade"

Holy shit dude you need to teach me how to argue

>No, but alot of people on here were suggesting that anything apart from STEM was useless
They have autism just like the people who think that all degrees are worthless and if you go into a trade you will make $90k starting and $200k by the time you are 30.

The fact is that most fields are fine, engineering, teaching, law, medicine, unapplied maths and sciences, the trades, are all good jobs. The growth and size of their job markets may vary (the real strength of going into the trades is that there are job opportunities everywhere especially as the boomers begin to retire), but the income will always be plenty to live off of and support a small family, if you are able to invest money you can even largely cover your children's college education even with the lower earning careers.

Economics and business are more iffy as they aren't directly useful and require an ability to market your own skill. Ultimately do what you like and are good at and you will probably be fine. Law may be difficult to get a job in in many places in the US, but if you are good at it and love it than you should do well in college and be able to get a job just fine.

A lot of the work lawyers do can increasingly be done by AI.

I agree with your reasoning. I liken psychology and sociology to biological versions of computer science and computer analysis respectively.

STEM doesn't mean difficult just for the sake of being difficult.

Most people that major in Liberal Arts and Social Sciences tend to see Law as a direct progression for themselves, and tend to see it as an out if they want to make money one day. Psychology majors tell themselves "If it doesn't work, I can always do law!", and so do Sociology majors, English majors, history majors, anthropology majors, and so on.

This is why I'm really trying to give you a solid warning that it tends to be a meat-grinder for all these people who go in there as if it's going to be their ace in the hole and salvation. There are tons of people just like you who try it and fail, and as I said, even if you make it you will be in a crowded market.

If you really want to do it, that's fine. It's your life, but you just need to take the decision seriously and realize that for many people it has been huge mistake. For reference, I majored in Sociology and I'm pretty fucked as far as the job market goes as well, maybe not quite as fucked as a History major, but still. Many of my peers in Sociology and adjacent fields also realized they were sort of fucked, and decided to go all-in with law school. Most dropped out, and those who didn't were absolutely drowned in student debt and still couldn't find high quality employment.

I took my meager Sociology degree and became a male receptionist, it was kind of gay but eventually a moved on to administrative positions higher up, I graduated 4 years ago and am now making 55k a year, not GOOD compared to what a solid lawyer or an engineer would pull, but I already payed off my debt and am living comfortably whereas my old friends who went in for law generally just fucked themselves deeply. If you can do it, you will make a very good living. But it's a doubtful proposition. Then again, the German economy may be different than the US economy.

I didn't read the entier thing. You just wish I did. HAve some resepct for yourself, child.

>MELTS
>not SMELT

Also, fake it till you make it

If you don't go to a top law school, you'll be a parasite at best

>STEM is about related fields
>STEAM includes art because Engineering is artistic kind of not really
>STREAM includes religion because fuck it, clearly this doesn't mean anything anymore

Your not gonna finish law

>Here, it is the other Way around (I think)
You better be right, bro. My only saving grace is that I did my first few years of college debt free. I'm not unintelligent on incompetent, Lazy perhaps, but it just wasn't for me. As a young man you will be forced to do the shittiest of tasks for years. I didn't want to piss away my youth eating peanut butter and getting screamed at by black people as a public defender or chasing ambulances. There are times I wish I would have taken the risks and sacrificed, I maybe could've moved to the ritzy part of a big city and made enough money to manage multiple divorces like all of the older generations I observed, had a really nice apartment that I never slept in, etc... Their lives were all miserable and vapid, as young men and as old men.

In pursuing law you need to be absolutely sure it's right for you. Your plan sounds nice, but some perspective wouldn't hurt. Create a good strategy and hold no illusions about this decision user.

this user is right, you can win big money if you are smart and in the right specialization because the law market is flooded.

I'm in my last year of law studies (5th)
And in every steps of specialization I have always chosen the most difficult and the most wanted in the job market, so I specialized in tax law.

>Philosophy has a higher IQ than comp sci

Maybe iq actually is a dumb measure

>Their lives were all miserable and vapid, as young men and as old men.
But they were very wealthy and sure of themselves, is what I meant to say.

>The legal market will balance out soon.

When Trump bans (((Dual Citizenship))) which is constitutionally treason, 30% of all attorneys are going to flee to israel and fuck goats, to avoid being hanged.
Then there will be demand for honest attorneys.

Philosophy majors are likely to be depressed than CS, so maybe not.

STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
We as a society should switch back to STEAM though.

Thanks for the long and helpfull post.
I did a bit of research. Im not sure about the Market in Austria, but in Germany its pretty tough.
Essentially, you need a good score on both your important exams.
If you do not pass it, you essentially wasted 5 years of your life. If you do pass, but with a shit score, your payment will most likely also be shit. If you pass with a high score (top 20%) you will end up with really much cash.
Im not sure if ill do it. Austria may be different, but yeah. Maybe Ill go for Medicine or Economy. Ill see.

It is understandable that you would say this, as all Finnish newborns are integrated with the latest Nokia processors at birth. In Finland, one might be fooled into thinking that the Finns are all deaf and mute, but in actuality they are all communicating constantly via sms

>Law is based on feels like everything that isn't rooted in math.
Law is all about understanding: logic, logical arguments, statutes, and how to manipulate said statutes or even the English language. It's not STEM but it has nothing to do with feels.

As far as what I know about the States, studying law there is more a question of whether or not you can get into an Ivy League school. Back in the mid-2000s there was a massive explosion of third-rate universities offering rubbish law degrees to meet increasing demand. When the market tightened up with the recession, a lot of people were left with a lot of debt and no job prospects whatsoever. Those programs continue today.

If you live in the states and you don't have the ability to get into a good law school don't bother.

>or actual stressful jobs
youtube.com/watch?v=qxV1yN_yPd8

Studying economics. Do recommend.

I will make some plans, my dude.
Im not sure if Law is for me. Im not sure what is for me to be exact. By now im just sure that History most likely isnt. I will do my best, but I know, for myself, that this is probably going to be my last shot.
The difficulty with law in Germany is, if you do not pass your Final Exam, you have essentially wasted 5 years of your life.
If you pass your exam with a shit grade, your possibilities diminish quickly.
Both options would be nightmarish for me.
Maybe Ill head for something more Economic.

The point with History is that I do not want to live with this lack of security anymore. I dont want to look back in a decade and realise I studied myself into Unemployment.
I want to work towards something. I can be lazy and unorganised, but I mostly blame that on the depressive state ive been in with my current major.

Thank you all for your helpful words btw.

What'st did thouest just sayeth to me'st`?
Ill have you know that I graduath topst in my Sword Duelling Class etc. etc.

This Fucker of Mothers might 'ave un jobbe 4U

Got any experience?

>The growth and size of their job markets may vary (the real strength of going into the trades is that there are job opportunities everywhere especially as the boomers begin to retire)
It's more so than that, boomers will make up the majority of your consumer base if you do resi work but the real strength is that due to the college boom no one wants to work trades. This means skilled trade jobs are insanely easy to get and the pay is quite high, it's also very easy to go into business for yourself after awhile which, assuming you're not a hack, is a very easy way to make a fuck ton of money. Young tradesman have replaced yuppies in terms of their socioeconomic standpoint.

I just contacted a guy I play video games with who is from Germany who last year had been extremely upset about flunking out of college. I just confirmed that, yes; it was law. I think you get several tries at the test though.

As far as general job advice goes, here's my advice: You won't like doing anything fresh out of college. Adolescence in the modern age has been greatly extended, and so even as a grown man coming out of college you will most likely feel incredibly stressed out by the job market (As you have been functionally institutionalized and taken care of your whole life.), and your entry level job will always be shit, or even worse, shit and a waste of time because it's useless on your resume and doesn't help you get something better.

But you just have to do your best and keep chipping away at life until you finally settle into a groove and what you want to do with your life coalesces into something you can rationally see laid out before you. No matter what, it will be kind of shitty to start out. Even if you go to law school, do well, graduate and land in a decent position; you will still feel cornered and uncertain, most likely. Especially when people graduate or are near graduating, they tend to panic and not know what to do. Just know that pretty much everyone goes through that and you're not alone. It may not seem like it because they hide it, but most people lose their shit when they finally need to make a living, they just wear a calm face. The key point is that most of these people manage to make it and so will you.

>This means skilled trade jobs are insanely easy to get
This is not the truth. You can get a government certified plumber or mexican Mario for less money.
youtube.com/watch?v=8o8Vhc4EzhU
IN DAH END WOT DIFFERENCE DAESH IT MAKE?

>something you can rationally see laid out before you
youtube.com/watch?v=_Mg7qKstnPk

Technicians fix, Engineers make, Science discovers, Math explains

programers make

>You can get a government certified plumber or mexican Mario for less money.
>government certified plumber
>has a union and therefor a union partnership with all other trade unions
Fuck unions but it's still fucking easy to get them to pick you up.

>or mexican Mario for less money.
Mexican Mario is a notorious hack and due to increasing codes, code enforcement, and regulations results in a lot of home/business owners having to go to government licensed businesses and paying a shit load to get the job redone creating more work. I'm a tradesman, I know the game and when I see a mexican mario hackman job you're getting your shit shut down and a visit from the city/county.

Thank you for your kind words.
I still think I will change up from History.
Though I take any advice I can get, especially when it comes to suggestions about what to study.

Your fucking government is already executing its own citizens without trial.

if the task at hand is to get the shit blocking my bowl out i take Mario

well, its called Software Engineering for a reason
not to be mistaken with code monkeys

>logic, logical arguments, statutes, and how to manipulate said statutes or even the English language
So (((law))) is pilpul

Old fag/Law fag here. Been a lawyer for 25 years.

I have seen the number of law graduates grow exponentially in the last 25 years, resulting in 1 in 3 graduates actually getting a break and practicing as a lawyer. That is your first hurdle.

Second hurdle is gaining the experience you need to become competent at your job. You walk out of law school knowing about 5% of what it takes to practice law well.

I have done pretty well, but there have been many years of effort and sacrifice. On a good week, I bill 8-10k and my profit margin on this is over 90%.

What does that have to do with anything?

To get back to the original point it is indeed easy to get into the trades and you obviously cannot rebut that, I got into my trade by just asking, no resume or anything, got paid training, and a company vehicle and cellphone within 3 months.

Regarding the government though, as much as I hate them city and county codes and laws regarding structures are a good thing as hacks and/or homeowners fucking around with shit they shouldn't kills a lot of fucking people.

whats the average lawsuit in emuland about?

>What does that have to do with anything?
Just about everything.