Other urls found in this thread:

desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html
youtu.be/_3jk8AIFxug
youtube.com/watch?v=_UXs2sq2vTU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar
orthodoxwiki.org/Old_Calendarists
iwara.tv/videos/5zd10ipgbohwo1zxx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

posted this before , nobody seemed to care. Sad!

Their loss user

I'm going to Serb Orthodox Christmas dinner tomorrow.

I have to work unfortunately

I'll do a shot of slivo in your honor

Merry Christmas to all the fellow Orthodox anons!Hope you have nice holidays

Merry Christmas user

Merry Christmas ruskies

Merry Christmas!

How can Latin heretics even complete?

What is in that case?

Alpha bull

The Gospel

Beta cuckold

Idk.

Fuck your desert death cult, it's sky fairei and the last 2000 years of superstition.

Pagans and other heretics are not welcome, go away.

Filaret or Kiril user?

Doomsday device controller.

Checked.
Ok Sup Forumsacks I'm really thinking of converting. I was raised protestant, but gave up religion in my rebellious youth, havent touched it since. Now, I seek my Shepard once more. What translation of His word should I purchase. I was thinking NKJ but I want your opinion. Also, any red pills on the subject would be appreciated. God bless you.

My Orthodox Study bible uses NKJV but has the Septuagint for the OT. Check out these old scans of the Death to the World zine.
desertwisdom.org/dttw/links/index.html

Kirill ofc, Filaret is a heretic and I'm not a member of the Kyivan Patriarchate.

Thank you, and merry Christmas OP.

Srecan Bozic my fellow Orthodox Sup Forumsacks. Eat heartily and rejoice in Christ's blessing, and hold him in your hearts in the New Year, as we face many challenges ahead. Enjoy good company with your friends and family, and be in good health.

Merry Christmas, anons!

Are things pretty divided between the communities there?

youtu.be/_3jk8AIFxug

Merry Christmas

I don't know actually, I've never met anybody from the Kyivan Patriarchate in my life.

Merry Christmas!

JEWS WILL NOT DIVIDE US

I'm watching the undubbed version and although I barely understand anything they are doing or saying, it is very comfy. Merry Christmas Orthodox anons.

Is this what angels sound like?!?!?!

how does Israel celebrate Christmas

Pretty similarly with some different local customs
youtube.com/watch?v=_UXs2sq2vTU

>9111

>9111
wat?

Oh trips, you shouldn't dabble in the occult user.

I think his joke referred to 911 being a jewish construct, and then the occult.

;___;

what are orthodox christmas traditions? what do orthodox ppl do on that day (except for mass, obviously)

a blessed Nativity to our julian calendar brothers

I go to a Russian church, we get together on Christmas Eve as a parash and partake of a light Lenten meal similar to a seder. After that we fast until communion at Liturgy. Then either a parish or family meal. We exchange handmade gifts but I'm not sure how many people do that as tradition though. I still exchange gifts with my western Christian friends on their Christmas too.
Old calendar best calendar

They don't celebrate Christmas as extravagantly (at least in Ukraine and Russia), they have their big parties and gift giving on NYE. Christma is for more personal gifts and spending time with your family/religious friends and eating traditional food.

But it's januari?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar

It's literally 7/01/2018
Christmas was 13 days ago you drunk vodka niggers.

sound good. I actually wanted to go to local orthodox church for christmas mass. even looked up on the internet if they have a mass and they said they have one on 24th december. I went there and the door was locked, so I went to catholic one. Only now I realized it probably was bc the calendar thingy

We don't have the same calendar flemfag it's still 24/12/2017 on the Julian calendar.

name my band

they use different calendar and live 12 days in past. Thats why marshall von Mack had to surrender at Ulm

Very true.
>we
Show your flag already, bro.

Yeah, and in the civilised world it isnt.

Merry Christmas lads.

tfw no Orthodox gf, why live

A note to the uninitiated people out there: what these "Orthodox Christians" are doing has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible and none of that is found anywhere in the Bible. Those weird powder kegs, the long robes, the shiny idols and graven images everywhere, the pictures of Jesus... none of it is in the Bible. They are following Babylonian mysticism and pagan traditions that were incorporated into the church when it was originally founded in 325 AD, in order to appease all the pagans of the day.

The more you know!

You could convert.

Thanks for the input Shlomo

>none of that is found anywhere in the Bible
Are you talking about 'Sola Scriptura', pleb?

is mam there???

>It's not in the Bible!
>What are traditions?
I like that picture of yourself you posted.

you know she will like you more if you convert?

There are barely any orthodox churches in norway. And there are only like 4 people in norway who are orthodox, and those are russian immigrants

Btw wish girls would still wear the vail in western churches, idk why its nice

I would but I can only find greek orthodox churches

There's ~10,000 of them in your country, apparently most are in Oslo. I dunno how far from there you are, but it might be worth making a trip.

its a start user. mommy demands it

>Show your flag already, bro.
Does it matter bro.

ok mam I want to be a good boy I will try

I care and have posted it for 6 years now.

We'll take your word for that Mohammed.

religion is the opiate of the masses
stop being religious
stay away from religion
don't get memed into religion by others

Close to where i live the orthodox priest got fired because he supported homosexual marriage.

Tbh maybe there is like 20 000 orthodox living in norway, but they are most likely all russian

marxism is the opiate of the jew

Is that a shoop?

skip to 27.47

they are saying that the pope washing the feet of muslim immigrants was a good christian thing

B L O A T M A X

Redpill me on the different calendars Sup Forums

Christianity was developed out of Roman empire. It is European religion with Abrahamic scripture.

Don't embarrass our shitty country please...

orthodoxwiki.org/Old_Calendarists

You do know that Christ wasn't born in December anyway?

Us Serbs usually do this thing where we burn a tree branch or a small tree on Christmas Eve (it's called badnjak you can look it up). Christmas day is where you basically go all out in terms of food, no restrictions like on Christmas Eve. Obviously there are many more traditions, but yeah.
It's a lot more spiritual in comparison to Catholic stuff, but if you live in a western country like I do you partake in both.

Merry Orthodox Christmas!

iwara.tv/videos/5zd10ipgbohwo1zxx

>2018
>being religious

Are you completly fucking retarded?

enjoy the lake of fire, bitch

Shljiva, it's Shljiva my dude. Don't embarrass yourself in front of your hosts tomorrow. If you want to be a real OG, greet them with 'Hristos se rodi'

Taking a dump on Pope is something you will hear them say only in time of war. Like the one we had with Western Serbia 25 years ago.

This is real church

Most people have no idea if their Orthodox church is linked to Russia or one of the two 'native' versions since they act basically the same and they don't really feel the need to advertise it.

>An actual protestant in Sweden
You must be lonely. Even your traditionalists/nationalist types seem to prefer to larp as pagans, and your actual state church is full of lesbian bishops.

Id better take the opium that tells me to live good life and behave well, than the one that tells me to fuck myself up and die in a ditch

I'd rather suffer in truth and see the world bleakly for what it is, than be dazed in fanciful and comforting lies. Of course, truth isn't even that bad.

Only problem is you might be confused about which is which.

Based Philipino

Oh wow thats crazy. Do their sacraments have grace, on the off chance you walk into the wrong church?

It's a Czech - it doesn't have the yellow sun his geoflag

Merry Christmas

>iwara.tv/videos/5zd10ipgbohwo1zxx
What in god name.

I love how you talk as Christianity is false but are probably sub 80 iq brainlets who haven't read any bit of the bible, philosophy or history to know what you are talking about

Good place to start after your bible.

why? you're better of reading some systematic theology or bible commentaries. The church fathers are interesting but it's important to exercise eclecticism when wading through their writings.

>systematic theology or bible commentaries
Thats what a lot of these writing are. Outside of the Didache they're correspondence between other churches. If thats your argument, why have things like Letters to the Corinthians and other such books? Some of these early fathers are secondary if not direct apostolic successors.