Why are fansubs dead?

Why are fansubs dead?

This comic is out of date, Crunchy should have the same script as commie but without the fricking tight typesetting

>What you want

Accurate.

The answer is always Daiz

Diaz

Purchase war bonds

>美味しう
What did she mean by this?

She was having a stroke

gg's subs were actually good.

Bad pick for an example. How would you translate his so that it still makes sense?

"Do bananas count as snacks"

Does anybody make those "What you want" subs? Kitsunekko only has a few shows.

And how many people would get what that means?
This is based on the snack allowance on Japanese field trips.

Yeah, should've used this.

Fuck off daiz
How many people got the "kitchen sink" bullshit?
>inb4 lol I did

You can look it up, just like how you had to look up what honorifics were when you started watching anime. "Do bananas count as snacks" makes about as much sense to someone as "Who's bringing the kitchen sink" does.

Oh, come on. There's plenty of things you can legitimetely harp on, but who the hell doesn't know what the kitchen sink thing means?

Me

And how many people got the kitchen sink? you fucking retard

Me

literally this Even if it has a deeper meaning in japanese, referring to how kids used to get bananas from home on fieldtrips, it still works in english. If anything, people would just write it off as Satania being baka again.
"Whos bringing the kitchen sink" is pure gibberish, and a classic example of how that CR guy works

Me.

Couldn't you just write "do bananas count towards the snack limit" then?
I haven't seen the anime in question, but I have no idea what kitchen sink means. Is it clear from context?

No, it isn't. The context is they're planning a trip to the beach, someone says "Does anyone have any questions?" and then she asks "Who's bringing the kitchen sink?"

>namefag defending commie-tier subs
why am I not surprised

Is English not your first language? It's not mine either and I still know this stuff. Weird...

>hear itadakimasu
>Through the Dark Lord. Amen.

This happened so many times during this show at some point I thought just go raw and try to guess by the mood what the characters are saying.

Nope, I've lived in Texas all my life.

What the fuck is a kitchen sink related to what anyway

Not gonna defend that one. It was just plain stupid.
But I think "Throw a Homer" was worse.

>hurr durr even tho im an estimate I understand the language better than u
Sorry to break it to ya buddy but not everybody knows every idiomatic expression in their language
Would've been better to stick with the banana thing because most people had to look up what they meant anyway and the joke didn't make a whole Lotta sense in context

Oh boy, here we go again with the meme cartel trying to defend the kitchen sink and subsequently getting BTFO

But what the fuck is kitchen sink.
I looked it up and I'm still confused.

I looked it up and it's something like
"I brought everything BUT the kitchen sink."
Meaning, they're "over prepared" or that they just brought a lot of stuff.

Are you saying you don't pray to itadakimasu before every meal?

No
I pray to Daiz

Where people use that expression? Never heard it before, feels like something very local, maybe an american thing?

But that doesn't make sense in the context of the scene.

I just looked it up and figured it out
I have no idea where someone would say something like that though

>Why are fansubs dead?

Because they only did it for attention and now that they aren't getting it they've stopped.

American user here. I've heard it plenty of times before, but I still had to look it up when Satania said it.

People use it when something has too much shit in it
Like if you were listing out ingredients to a dish and it just kept going and going a witty retort at the end would be to ask where's the kitchen sink
Doesn't make any sense in the context of the scene

It's probably their shitty idea for "localizing" what Satan said. I still think just saying the banana thing would have made more sense.

Are you telling me most people are too stupid to know what "Bring the kicthen sink" means? In their own fucking native language?

If they said the banana thing people would look up why is that and learn a little about japanese culture from, guess what, a fucking japanese cartoon.

Why localization feels so offensive.

>u-ur dum!!!!!

How much of that did he actually do?

Faith moves Mounth Crunchyroll

All of it

All of it

>try to replace a simple Japanese phrase with a religious idiom because """""functional""""" translations
>proceed to misuse the idiom

Why do people even defend this shit?

>only burgers use english

>bring the kitchen sink
That's not even the expression though
Usually you'd hear something like "Everything but the kitchen sink" or "where's the kitchen sink?" and you'd usually hear it when somebody makes a huge list of shit with everything on it
Satania just saying out of the blue kinda lost it on most people. The expression came to mind, but since it didn't make sense I ended up having to do some google gymnastics to figure out if I was on the right track.

If she had just said "Do bananas count as snacks" I would have had a much easier time figuring out what she meant since it's a pretty easy google search away and very clear.

Looks fine to me

He legitimately did all of that

Even if you knew what bringing the kitchen sink meant, you would still have to look it up in order to understand the joke. The translators provided no context to the scene, and it ended up making no sense. Leaving it as the banana joke would've been better.

Well that and every functioning human that doesn't post on Sup Forums, apparently.

I had a vague idea of what they were referring to, like bringing everything but the kitchen sink, but it doesn't fit the situation at all. Especially when they said "someone must ask this question before a trip"

The joke makes no sense besides some vague sense of "oh they're talking about bringing stuff." You could replace the word kitchen sink with fucking anything and it'd be about as effective of a joke.

Can you just gleam it from the conversation? Come on, it's not that hard. Vigne made a guide book with all the things they'd have to do and bring. Satania asks who's bringing the kicthen sink, and expression used when someone is doing or bringing too much. Do you need every little thing spoonfed?

I bet you're the kind of guy who makes sure everybody KNOWS he's the smartest guy in the room when you enter.

>and [sic] expression used when someone is doing or bringing too much

Used by observant, smart, sarcastic people who are well-prepared and aware of their surroundings. It's not the kind of joke Satania would do, especially when in the original she's playing the "banana" gag completely straight (i.e. being serious about a line that is usually given as an obligatory joke). Basically you're breaking her character to insert a joke that doesn't even properly convey the original intent.

>still replying to a namefag
>still replying to obvious bait

Sasuga CR.

I never though that me knowing what "bring the kitchen sink" means would make me the smart guy....

This race is doomed...

read this faggot

Why is Crunchyroll so shit? They ruined the whole show.

You can thank the sub cartel for this

I wonder how many times we had this exact same back and forth.

I don't feel like looking through the archives.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAIZ

Ok, so this explains that students have a limit on snack money and such.

But where the fuck do the kitchen sink come into the picture? I don't fucking get it.

Meanwhile the actual Gabdrop thread had 20 posts in over 5 hours. Sad.

Is a American thing, you wouldn't understand

Why did TL notes disappear?

Ameridogs ruin everything they touch.

why would you not translate something in a translation

really though, unless you're a just started learning ESL-kun, if you don't know what the kitchen sink is, you're a fucking retard

Well said, monsieur

LOL

me

Would you sub OP when CR does it at lightning fast pace and people usually care about speed than quality these days.

I don't blame them, Props to GJM Asenshi and the others that still stick around.

Who or what is the meme cartel specifically? I always see that term popping up when discussing crunchy or browsing crymore but I never quite got it.

because I can't learn nip to release subs

It's a conspiracy theory devised by Kristen, of the late Coalgirls group, explaining that the review process for A+ releases and gaining trusted status are 'rigged' or unfair towards certain groups (the ones that are bad at fansubbing). Its active members currently include herkz and anyone else that makes fun of groups for being bad.

Bloody yanks.

Hello Daiz

well getting trusted is basically a contest regarding who can suck herkz dick the most though, no conspiracy here

>IV children
>gay
never laughed that much since a while

Everything you need is on KM and they do their own releases if nobody else is doing it.

Anyone can get trusted though

anyone can suck his dick yeah

They didn't