Shinsekai yori

I don't get it: is this a meme? Why is this so highly rated? It's a slow, disjointed story with average visuals, and it boils down to "It's The Giver, but with telekinesis".
There's an abrupt and random 2 year time skip, after which EVERYONE is gay for a few episodes. It's like the editors had ADD.
If everyone has to say "it's slow, but it gets AMAZING at episode 12" or "it gets good 3/4 in", I feel like that's a bad show. 12 episodes in, all you learn is "Yep everything you thought since episode 3 is true". There's no big revelations, just confirmation that the obvious is true.
And why are there SO many random crotch and ass shots in episode 10?

keep watching your moeshit

You are right. Where is the fucking action? Well, not everything can be as good as naruto, one piece, or Dragonball Z.

>fucking action
I don't want action I want some sort of meaningful story, or characters, or at least some plot development.

Keep watching it. The anime pretty much snowballs after a certain point.

I quit at ep8 because boys kissed. Not watching this gay shit.

Always nice to see the idiot filter episode doing its magic

Try watching it then

I actually got to episode 10, just checked. I didn't really like it up to that point. I mean to a certain point I'll try out an anime, but 10 episodes and I still didn't like it.

I don't get why people like it.

>shinsekai yori thread
>"dropped because of the gays" within the first 5 replies
Every time without fail

>I actually got to episode 10
>I don't get why people like it.

I just baked a cake halfway trough. It tastes like eggs and flour.

>Trust me it gets good by episode 25.

I did. 5 more slow, jarringly cut hours that could have been easily reduced down to 2.
And again, there's no twists or suspense in this "thriller". From beginning to end it just tells you things you already knew hours ago and had forgotten you didn't "know" yet.

>its like the editors had ADD
Funny how we tend to project our biggest insecurities onto everything. The only one with ADD is you, youre literally whining about "its taking too long to get good" like a retard without his adderall. Stick to shounenshit, your attention span is far too short for anything else.

Holy shit, you reek of underage

Because it's a comfy post-apocalyptic dystopia with the slow but steady descent into the inevitable tragedy and conflict, rather than action series with epic twists every episode.

>12 episodes in, all you learn is "Yep everything you thought since episode 3 is true". There's no big revelations, just confirmation that the obvious is true.
That's the massive problem with this show: it's very predictable especially since it gives away almost everything in the false Minashiro episode.
Squealer is the only reason I stuck with it until the ending.

>From beginning to end it just tells you things you already knew hours ago and had forgotten you didn't "know" yet.
That's like the definition of good writing. A twist always needs heavy foreshadowing, otherwise it just feels like an asspull. If the writer is so good that he manages to surprise you while still making it look utterly obvious in retrospect then that means they're doing a great job.

Something which Sora no Woto does infinitely better.

How would ADD have to do with it being slow? I said it was like the editors had ADD with the way it jump cuts constantly, often times after a conversation has happened. For example when they're trying to get away from Kiroumaru, and it jump cuts from them resigning themselves that they aren't going fast enough to escape, to their boats tied up to the ships, to them on a shore and Kiroumaru asking them not to say they were helped by his group, to saying Kiroumaru told them he was dispatched to retrieve them, to them arriving back home to a group of shadowy figures, and then the next episode it jumps 2 years ahead, and every single person is in a same-sex relationship. And none of that is ever touched upon again, or even explained why everyone became homosexual for awhile before being paired off into opposite sex groups.

Yeah OP don't mind all the SSY dicksuckers. This show was ok but nothing special. The only thing it had going for it was the unique premise and universe. The execution of the actual plot was pretty lame.

Squealer did nothing wrong

>How would ADD
>its too slow and i dont get it
Youre just too stupid to get it, Im being 100% serious. Its not that the show is saying anything smart or deep either, youre just actually too stupid to enjoy this cartoon.

>If the writer is so good that he manages to surprise you
But we were NEVER surprised. The only surprising thing were moments like 12 episodes in they treated you like you didn't already know what an Ogre or Demon was hours ago.
The entire thing was just utterly obvious, as it was happening.

It is a poorly made adaptation of a REALLY good story.

The gay shit is there because later it's shown to be a side effect of genetic manipulation and splicing in bonobos genes. Scientists were trying to pacify future generations of these physics so that they wouldn't slaughter each other en mass.

The rest of the non super humans are transformed in to the mole rats things. The characters who cared so much about the plight of the mole rats stop giving a shit when it turns out they're humans too.

The reason people like it is the world the show builds and how fucked over most of the characters are just because they were unlucky.

GTFO Jacobin scum

>brain meme
>>>/facebook/ and fuck off.

>The gay shit is there because later it's shown to be a side effect of genetic manipulation and splicing in bonobos genes
...you mean that thing they established in the 4th episode? They chose to remind you of that fact, that they had already explained, and had the character think about, and had flash backs to, by having everyone be gay for two episodes after a 2 year time skip?
And how is it that they can genetically alter humans into mole rat species, or create cats in high-heels that can open portals or some shit, or splice in bonobo genes, or make people's body kill them if they try and kill another human, but they can't just 'turn off' the telekinetic gene?

You write like a redditor/Myanimelist reviewer

You don't make countries throw away their nukes. You make sure it's harmful for them to use them on each other.

I can't blame you. First time watching it about a year ago, I loved it. Second time watching it, now that I already knew what was going to happen and when, the flaws started becoming more apparent. For example, the first four episodes. Almost nothing of meaning happens. The one thing that does happen is just an exposition dump.

I enjoyed it the first time because of the atmosphere. It this utopian society, but it all felt off. Everything was so quite and calm, and peaceful, but a few things that were happening were kind of fucked up. My curiosity carried me through this, helped me overlook flaws. The second time around, though, it was almost painful. They spent too much time on things, kept everything slow, even the music, to give this calm atmosphere. I wanted it to get to the point already. Like with the kids disappearing. They bring this up so many times. Once was enough. Yet, they thought the viewer might've missed it or something, so they bring it up just to remind you that there's more going on. Everything was so slow and nothing happens. I didn't get past episode 5 on my second time watching it.

If you dislike mystery and curiosity alone isn't going to carry you through, don't bother. There's not much else to be had here. The characters are not bad, but nothing about them stands out. The story is average. It's just another exploration of a fucked up world. If you aren't curious about the world itself, you aren't going to care about it.

>they can't just 'turn off' the telekinetic gene

You notice your kids aren't telekinetic they'd probably kill them to keep their village pure. Making smaller changes to more dangerous species allows those changes to actually take effect.

>is this a meme?
Entire post disregarded, you're a faggot.

He lost.

It's a good show. If you don't like it, don't watch it faggot.

>but they can't just 'turn off' the telekinetic gene?
Why kill off of the next level of human evolution? You must be retarded.

>it's another "I just watched it/I'm watching and I don't get the hype" thread
You're fooling no-one. Fuck off.

>.....
Where did you come from? You obviously don't watch much anime, and not because you didn't like this series, thats irrelevant. Its the way you type and ask inane questions that makes it obvious you wont really 'get' the show no matter how much is explained to you. Go watch something thats plot driven and easy to digest, you are actually too ADD to appreciate the best parts of this show.

Reminder to report OP, notice how he capslock his words like a fucking crossboarder.
He smells like facebook

Saki a cute!

>they can't just 'turn off' the telekinetic gene?
One of the main themes of the show, addressed in the second half. Bad systems are created and perpetuated because nobody with power wants to give it up.

It has God-tier ED