Do you think re zero is a masterpiece?

do you think re zero is a masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/re zero a masterpiece/type/op/
youtu.be/PlAsiFlZagA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think it's pretty good, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a masterpiece

I do.

C'mon if moefags think K-on is a masterpiece, I think this might ass well.

It is an enjoyable anime.

it wasn't even the best show that season

No, but I acknowledge the influence its had in the industry

i think felt got shafted

Nowhere close. That doesn't mean it wasn't decently fun though. 6-7/10

why do people keep talking about this

Yes, a masterpiece of shit

Does Emilia get dicked by a Chad? I want to see Subaru cry.

you mean satella?

Would've been tolerable if subaru were anyone else

Come on mods do your fucking job

It has that problem where the MC is a faggot, goes through character development, stops being a faggot, and then the show ends.
We need more screentime with the actually likable MC.

Overall it's above average though.

what if he was shinji

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This shit is not even shitposting-worthy at this point.

Nah I gave it a 5 on MAL, it had too many pointless scenes and unnecessary filler which left some distaste in my mouth. Subaru being a godtier MC is the only reason I didn't rate it lower.

what's wrong about him?

The anime is good, and I'd definitely watch more seasons of it.
I can't get over how awful the prose in the web novel is, sadly.

Rem is a cute potato who deserves to monopolize Subaru's affection (even if Subaru doesn't really deserve her).

Where's the mods?

Trust me, as of arc 6 Subaru really does deserve her. He treats her like the most precious thing in the world and by god does it show.

>this new

who are you quoting?

/jp/ pls go

kill yourself

Love it or hate it, you can't deny the impact it's had on the industry.

suck my dick re:tards

what impact? It's a fotm garbage LN/WN that got lucky. Everything about it has been done before.

Not even a little bit.

When did shitposter-kun get unbanned?

Thought it was a great, highly entertaining show.

Masterpiece? Nah, it had flaws. Some of the writing stretches credulity especially in dialogue. I actually like how much of a shit Acura is but he does get grating when the author belabors his lack of important features too much.

When did avatarfagging became tolerated here?

When did obvious bait threads get tolerated here?

It was always like that, newtrash. Welcome to Sup Forums.

>He treats her like the most precious thing in the world
Yeah right. Does being treated like second choice sound like "the most precious thing in the world" to you?

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/re zero a masterpiece/type/op/

Can you fuck off? Why do you make these threads to senselessly shitpost and bash on Re:Zero anyways?

Because shitting up the catalog is a good thing. Fuck off. There is a reason why people kicked your ass out of our threads and why your threads got deleted by mods.

No. Average to a 7/10 at best.

>Second choice
He also said that he think of her as his number 1 and confessed to wanting to spend the rest of his life with her and going in for to facefuck her until Ferris cockblocked them.

It's a master piece of shit it is that only self insert fags enjoy.

Not even him you fucking brainless newtrash. Stop giving this thread replies already, retard.

>He's been doing this for over a year
The man has mental issues dear god

____________________I love Emilia_________________

>he think of her as his number 1
What? He even suppressed his feelings for Rem for Emilia's sake user.

>confessed to wanting to spend the rest of his life with her
It was just Subaru being a possessive douchebag and wanting to have Rem all for himself to satisfy his greediness. It doesn't mean he wholeheartedly wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

You really need to read the WN if you honestly think that. Because everyone who has read up to arc 4 chapter 126 has very different opinions compared to yours.

I'm watching it for the first time and I got to the part where he's crying on her lap
It's really touching so far, I feel bad for Subaru

DELETE THIS

based

>Subaru being a possessive douchebag and wanting to have Rem all for himself to satisfy his greediness

Uh.

>Nobody made expectations for Subaru. She is the only person who didn’t abandon him and didn’t accept the Subaru who abandoned even himself.
>This is the “curse” that Subaru cast on her.

-----

>[Rem: You woke up with a smile, told me the words I wanted to hear the most when I wanted to hear them the most, from the person I wanted to hear them from the most.]
>The frequency of the “curse” that Subaru cast on her is spoken from her mouth.
>That “curse” profoundly and gently restrained her heart with the chains called faith, and she was tied by them like this now as well.

----

>Because he only continued to show his unattractive side…
>Because Subaru himself cast an everlasting “curse” on her…
>He had an obligation to fulfill that duty.

-----

>He raises his face, looks forward, and then looks into Rem’s eyes. She calmly and kindly waits for Subaru to let out his answer.
>Because Subaru wanted to be the Natsuki Subaru that she loves…
>[Subaru: ??I love Emilia.]
>[Rem: ??Yes.]
>Rem responds to Subaru’s confession by nodding with a smile that made it seem as if she knew everything.
>And while knowing how cruel he was being to her smile and her kindness

Which is further emphasized

>Did he really have enough merit to him for a girl as well-done as Rem to love him so much?
>Even now he had to wonder it. That said, he was simultaneously thinking that he'd have to become a man who matched up to that merit.

Nope. Also he suppressed them because he wanted to have his hero fantasy goal be Emilia then Rem took up, in his own words, more than half his heart

Came here to post this.

>Its not shit because twitter normalfags like it

IBOfags couldnt pull that card so you reeeeeeee:tards are not different

>Applying logic to shitposters

>this new to the place

Nah Shinji would be fine. He'd be scared and try to get back home. Subaru is just insane and will actively go out of his way to be the selfless hero archetype

Also, his seiyuu did a phenomenal job

I do.

However, the fact it was left unfinished and will remain so (likely forever) even with a new season possibly years away will increasingly mar that image in my mind.

Yup. im waiting for second season.
youtu.be/PlAsiFlZagA

Yes and I'm 12

No.

Did you have any other questions?

I enjoy it because it tries to make a believable imperfect character. I will never fault an anime for not being your typical shonen shit.

>Nah I gave it a 5 on MAL
You have to fucking go back if you're using MAL

The MC was a terrible whining idiot on the early episodes and then turned into a loud bumbling idiot on the later episodes.

He wasn't Hot-blooded
He wasn't Smart
He wasn't Strong-willed
He wasn't Confident

He's just another fuckface the otakus would self-insert to.

And that's what made this show succesful.

Remember that sound effect everytime the MC fucks up, the one that goes AaaAAaAAH~?

Stick that into your mind as you realise what giant POS you are for liking this show. FUCK YOU

How was your day?

The fact he is an idiot is exactly why he isn't a self insert character you fucking moron.

Emilia is a masterpiece.

I don't follow you at all

Well only idiots like yourself watch this garbage so he's pretty much a self insert characters to be frank.

Not them, but what about Emilia now? Did he finally let go of her?

Everything about this MC is exactly designed to subvert self insertion into the show.

He doesn't have any particularly special powers to wow everyone with.
He's scared as fuck of dying despite having the ability to come back to life.
He doesn't just magically power up everytime he's challenged and came out on top.
He has actual undesirable traits about his character that would break you out of the immersion of self inserting.
He actually picks one of the girls to romance after falling in love with them at first sight instead of making a half hearted harem with all of them.

tldr you're the stupidest fucking person I've ever seen to come to the exact opposite conclusion that anyone with two brain cells to rub together could come to

No fucking way will anyone ever self-insert as the dipshit MC.

>He doesn't just magically power up everytime he's challenged and came out on top.
not the other user, and not supporting the self-insert argument, but this is pretty much what happens, except instead of magically powering up he suddenly gets smart on the third or fourth loop after being a retard for the first two. Steins;gate was a pretty meh show too but at least the entire show was dedicated to solving one problem, because that's reasonably how long it would take to solve a problem with that much stacked against you.

Self-inserts don't really have feelings. Besides scenes like him crying like a baby, Subaru actually falls in love and chooses a girl. If you want a self-insert character you need to make him insertable even for Remfags.
While isekai always is a nice setting for self-insert, if that really was the goal they did a bad job at it.

Almost every one of the solutions to the problems he faces in the anime come from him gaining -just- enough to win by abusing it, or to win by getting lucky.

He never really "gets better", and the show goes out of its way to show you he's not getting significantly better. For example after he gets lucky and uses his shadow spell to save himself, he thinks he's good enough to challenge a knight, he uses it and he gets his fucking ass whooped because when he used it before it was just dumb luck not any particular skill.

Not him but other the anime completely fucking up the third arc Rem had helped Subaru when it came to kakaiku shit. Plus he has always was an opportunist but they took out his villainous or assholish side which made him look like a retard instead.

Seriously though, why are we bumping a bait thread that is shitting up the catalouge? Do we no longer self-moderate in Sup Forums anymore?

>You have to fucking go back
Same for you crossboarder

>He doesn't have any particularly special powers to wow everyone with.
Apparently having a respawn point isn't a special power? FUCK YOU
>He's scared as fuck of dying despite having the ability to come back to life.
And then he proceeds to kill himself over and over for his waifu. FUCK YOU
>He doesn't just magically power up everytime he's challenged and came out on top.
Yeah he'll just abuse his respawn powers lol. FUCK YOU
>He has actual undesirable traits about his character that would break you out of the immersion of self inserting.
Average otakuman aka you : wow he's dumb just like me if I was inside here. FUCK YOU
>He actually picks one of the girls to romance after falling in love with them at first sight instead of making a half hearted harem with all of them.
Yeah ignoring his ogre demon girlfriend that loves him unconditionally for that White Elf girl that he LITERALLY just fell in love at first sight WITHOUT knowing anything about her is REALLY REALLY unlike one of my japanese harem shows. FUCK YOU

So did a season 2 get confirmed or something? because Ive been seeing an upswing in RZ posting recently.

I haven't read up on it myself, but I don't think Subaru CAN let go of Emilia. It seems like his connection to her has something to do with the witch, so his attraction to her might not be 100% voluntary.

thanks

>FUCK YOU
Professional arguing at work.

>when you get triggered this hard

kek

The shadow spell never really saved him though, he got his ass whooped regardless by the mabeasts until Roswaal came in. What he did have was a knack for plan making and a will to get things done. As well as an un-protagonist personality to boot, which saves his ass numerous times. The anime made his less consistent.

oh god yes
these threads are the best

>Apparently having a respawn point isn't a special power?
Not when its ties to a witch who uses you like a puppet on strings. It also isn't his power fyi.

>And then he proceeds to kill himself over and over for his waifu
For Emilia? Witch fucker and manipulaton. For Rem? Because he doesn't give a shit about dying if there exists a word without her.
>Yeah he'll just abuse his respawn powers lol.
Echidna IF
>Average otakuman
More like a person who enjoys crossdressing, reading astronomy books, drinking mayonnaise and sewing. As well as a number of things that fleshed out his personality. He isn't a blank slate.
>Yeah ignoring his ogre demon girlfriend
You must be fucking retarded if you thought it was Emilia.

And here we see the anonymous, backed into the corner he has nothing to say but "FUCK YOU"

>Yeah ignoring his ogre demon girlfriend that loves him unconditionally for that White Elf girl

Yeah, about that.

The fact he ignores a girl who loves him unconditionally in favor of the girl who he has a crush on makes him MORE realistic, not less.

Not him but he did choose Rem and uh, Subaru has obvious Witch fuckery when it comes to Emilia.

his standards are way too high for someone who supposedly hates themselves. I'd say that's a negative on the realistic front.

>He's dumb just like me
Except after finding out how much dying hurts the first few times I'd say "Fuck this. Elf pussy ain't worth this shit." Except i probably couldn't due to the witch fucking with my head. If I were to make a list of people I'd least want to self insert to, Subaru would definitely be near or at the top. At this point in the story, the only good he has that isn't a potato is his daughterfus.

subaru is such a fucking idiot and loser he's borderline unbelievable

instead of always making the right decision, he makes the wrong decision

then suffering

Good job on the "fuck you" bait user. It really shows that retards don't fucking read and just nitpicks on things not related to the argument.

I wouldn't say a masterpiece, but it was very good. If they make a season 2 that actually explains everything and continues the story then it could be a masterpiece.

Why the fuck do you want to insert as Subaru? You'd be basically be in a living hell. The only reason he got so based was because he worked his ass of for it and STILL got shat on.
His waifu got her soul eaten, has dragon AIDS. He literally got assfucked by rabbits, has been manipulated by a clown kekaiku to revive a Witch. Is currently being manipulated by a witch, and many other things. The only thing that you could say would be pretty good would be his daughterfus but even then they also get killed infront of his eyes.

>Subaru: “Pe, tra?”
>Subaru discovers Petra on the opposite end of the room—nearby the sculpture. She lies on her side face-down and collapsed. Apparently, he had dropped her in the commotion.
>Yet worrying about Frederica, Subaru must follow her words and ensure Petra remains protected.
>He taxes his trembling legs to stand. His feet lead him to the fallen Petra's side. And, he goes to pick her up—
>—When there, buried from her head's rear to her nape, he spots the crooked knife.
>Blood trickles from her mouth, brain lies spilt from her fractured skull. Fresh bloodshed seeps heavy into her soft chestnut hair. Her gentle, warm hands no longer move.
>Subaru lifts his right arm. He sees a pathetic bundle of flesh missing three fingers and half a forearm. The kukri he had attempted to halt had torn straight through to strike Petra. Now presented with this, Subaru thus had protected not a single thing.
>Subaru: “—aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!”
>Bloody does his ruined throat shriek.

You wanna self-insert into this shit?

Yes. Although my opinion is biased.

That was the point. Notice I said "LEAST want to self insert to." I was responding to that other user who said that Subaru was a self insert. Subaru's life sucks, and he's earned any shard of happiness he gets. And I know that while I sympathize with him, I'd never want to be in his position.

Forgive me, I didn't read properly. I had a kneejerk reaction.

Did you know how hard I was trying to converse them solely on the anime and not rely on spoilers?

Either way since its out what do you guys think of Subaru killing Emilia's adoptive father and her soon-to-be-dead adoptive mother?

I'd rather have this thread saged and deleted than derail it with actual Re:Zero discussion to be honest with you.

The self-insert argument is terrible, but that spoiler brought up my biggest problem with the show. The MC wanting to protect everything is such an annoying and overdone cliche. Really that's the problem with most things in Re:Zero. I loathe cliches, there is not a single new idea in this show. Everything's been done before. I could watch any other time loop show, or any other suffering show, or any other isekai show instead really, the only reason there is to justify the time investment of this show is if you just really needed to see all three of those combined , or if you just have way too much free time. I'm reminded of some critic and average viewer disconnect in other media. The Mad Max game was criticized by critics for having filler content, whereas the average gamer just saw that as content because the average gamer wants the game to be a justification for the money they spent rather than a consistent quality product. A similar thing also happened with Suicide Squad: the average viewer loved it, while the critics thought it was cliche. The average viewer doesn't notice cliches nearly as much as someone who dedicates his job to watching many movies. I have both of these problems with Re:Zero. You guys may not be bothered by it but I am. A lot.

It's all good. I figured it was something like that. The amount of shitposting these threads get can make someone a little jumpy. I enjoy the threads when they're peaceful and Remon has a new update, but the shitposting can ruin them once in a while.

>The MC wanting to protect everything
Well, protect the things he cares about. He kinda doesn't give a shit about anyone else.

>In order to save the multitude of people-the multitude of men within the town of Pristella who were suffering the same type of fate as Rem-he went on a journey towards the Pleiades watchtower. However, if you were to point out his real motive, the real reason Subaru moved forward towards this watchtower was because of Rem; nothing else was a real possible candidate for being his true reason. It was unreasonable and inappropriate, even while understanding that, Subaru continued to—–.

The thing is that he's selfish, its just his selfish motives just happen to coincide with other people's motives. Subaru has also shown to be outright villainous too. Which I need to show in my next post because its close to 2000 characters.