Hinduism general

"Indian Paganism: The Last Living Expression of Aryan Beauty" - Savitri Devi, A Warning to the Hindus

cincinnatitemple.com/articles/HinduIndianNationalism1939.pdf

>What is Hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.
Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
ibtimes.com/heinrich-himmler-nazi-hindu-214444
mic.com/articles/120411/how-hitler-s-mein-kampf-became-a-bestseller-in-india#.jgVB9FHmT
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer#Influences
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
sacred-texts.com/neu/kveng/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Political Significance of Hinduism in this Age

All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>"At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [guna or temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser."

With regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Modern History

Heinrich Himmler and the SS Ahnenerbe
ibtimes.com/heinrich-himmler-nazi-hindu-214444

Mein Kampf a bestseller in India
mic.com/articles/120411/how-hitler-s-mein-kampf-became-a-bestseller-in-india#.jgVB9FHmT

Arthur Schopenhauer on the Vedas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Schopenhauer#Influences

>If the reader has also received the benefit of the Vedas, the access to which by means of the Upanishads is in my eyes the greatest privilege which this still young century (1818) may claim before all previous centuries, if then the reader, I say, has received his initiation in primeval Indian wisdom, and received it with an open heart, he will be prepared in the very best way for hearing what I have to tell him. It will not sound to him strange, as to many others, much less disagreeable; for I might, if it did not sound conceited, contend that every one of the detached statements which constitute the Upanishads, may be deduced as a necessary result from the fundamental thoughts which I have to enunciate, though those deductions themselves are by no means to be found there.

Resources

>Introduction for westerner

archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n3/mode/1up
>Bhagavad Gita

bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

>Upanishads

hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas

sacred-texts.com/hin/

>Ramayan

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/ramayana.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjy8Lm_5NjXAhXDvo8KHa1cAcsQFghMMA0&usg=AOvVaw2lqBBcB2jwkUOGaqLqzQJa

>Mahabharata

google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjZ247P5NjXAhWLtY8KHZsTAMIQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw3xZVGN2bgbJ_CZgBqvX-D1
>Ramayan anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY

How much do I need to move to India and get someone to go in with me on a business?

100k $

If I am 6'2, and my wife is 6'0, aaanddd we are both 100% Nordic, will that lead to murders, or a better time?

(I've been thinking of the move in a few years, I love India's culture... at least from being able to start a real business without having several million)

Depends on the area you move to, stay with bug cities ir cities where hippies hang out and you'll be accepted and treated like locals

*big

Great ;3 I am hoping to make some friends in the next few years who will maybe put us up for a bit.

I truly hope India is a super power 2020. (Only Indians who I have not liked, are American born)

Hippies are your best best

Don't care about this pajeet religion

Do you deport people often? Like, if i wanted to just hobo it around in India until I die or assimilate

You woundnt make it too far unless you join a monastery or something, but yeah you could do that

I prefer Taoism.

What's the difference?

Taoism doesn't bar me from eating meat =D

Hinduism doesn't do that either, you need to know about them to have a preference

Even beef? I could have sworn Hinduism was generally pro-vegetarian (could be just Jews in my media though), but I'm fairly certain cows are sacred and I wouldn't be allowed my burgers.

Additionally I really like the Tao Te Ching (much more than the Bagavad Gita).

Finally I have never found any Hindu based sources to learn Qi manipulation ( though I'm sure they exist, that practice is clearly spread through the continent). Only Taoist teachers seem to have made english texts available for those practices.

Cow slaughter for consumption is a mark of this age, it's not prohibited rather not advised a lot of Hindus eat beef but it's not adviced.

Well Geeta is just one of the texts of Hinduism look into the op for some good translation although i agree most of the good material has no western translation but you could find enough material translated that it would keep you busy for one lifetime

>but you could find enough material translated that it would keep you busy for one lifetime

True for Taoism as well though. I guess it's just Taoism resonated with me when I learned of it, now wu-wei is my mantra and intention when I practice yoga.

Though as you alluded earlier, the two are clearly entwined at a deep level.

Hindu philosophy is great but when I visited India it seemed like most of the people don't have any idea about the subtle aspects of sanatan dharma, maybe they even didn't read vedas or gita at all.
They just mechanically go trough pujas and ask deities for plz gibz money.

Isn't that true for most religions and they know a lot about the religion through their upbringing they never realize what it means due to their plebian nature

True.
But even if they don't know the philosophy behind the rituals they still clear some of their karmas, right?
Shame that i only met three Sadhus who could speak proper english.

Clearing karma is almost an Abrahamic concept, you do karma and if its closer to you dharma does it do any good, and tbqh I wouldn't trust sadhu who speak English most of them are snake oil sales men most of the good English translation comes from people who weren't sadhus or religious figures

I don't count the con men who just have beard and orange clothes as sadhus, there were lot of them in a place like Rishikesh.

Finnish paganism is very much alike Hinduism.
We have many common myths and elements.
sacred-texts.com/neu/kveng/

One user mentioned that the myth of rahu and ketu is also present in Finnish paganism, it's quite interesting for me to know that.
You even went to rishikesh? What all did you visit user?

We have Rahko and Kave who are responsible for the phases of moon and sometimes Rahko is said to eat the moon just like Rahu.
Also in our creation story world comes from golden egg and the creator God is floating in the infinite primordial ocean.
Besides Rishikesh i was mostly in Pushkar and Vrindavan.

Nice, although its quite dirty but bananars is a really good spot for viewing Hinduism if you want a visit next time, and how were the Finnish takes preserved through oral tradition or did someone write them down

Hindus BURN THEIR OWN MOTHERS ALIVE after death of father.

That is to get her 'out of the way' so eldest son can inherit the family home.

PS-the "family home" is like something 4 American boyscouts might build in an afternoon in the bush without tools.

Abraham pimped out his own wife. How Jewish is that?

the apple don't fall far from the tree

Yes while everyone feasts on human flesh while rubbing ash on our body

We had oral tradition that was at least 3000 years old but is possibly much older.
People started collecting and writing them down from 1700s onward, just when christianity was starting to dominate even in rural areas.
But actually the last rune singer whose family had preserved them orally died just last year.

I'm going to Kashi this winter i hope.
This is god of the Rune singers. He is the first sage who sang the world to existence.
Kind of reminds me how sadhus "imitate" shiva in their apperance and behavior and think of him as adiyogi.

Trek further up, kashi is absolutely beautiful, tb h the amount of myth that surrounds Shiva i believe he was a real person does Finnish mythology have anyone similar to him?

What are your thoughts on the Aryan migration/invasion theory?

Yeah we also have trinity.

Väinämöinen=Shiva
Lemminkäinen=Visnu/Krishna
Ilmarinen=Brahma
Their names also refer to water, fire and air.
Väinämöinen means "like a calmly rolling river".

Especially Lemminkäinen is really close to Krishna. Personification of love who is known from killing demons and having thousands of wives.

It was a migration and it's affects greatly exaggerated.

Bumping. Thanks OP, been waiting for this thread. Are the Chakaras involved in Hinduism or is it just Buddhism?

Buddhism borrowed them from Hindusim so yes

But i believe that all mythologies of the world come from the same source. People call them Atlanteas, Aryans, or hyperboreans as mr.Tilak proposed. Didn't according to hindu mythology the seven rishis travel all around the world to spread knowledge? Or as the Finnish sages say:
"Now the legends of creation,
Once familiar to the children,
By our children sung no longer,
Sung in part by many heroes,
In these mournful days of evil,
Evil days our race befallen.
Far and wide the story travelled,
Far away men spread the knowledge
Of the chanting of the hero,
Of the song of Wainamoinen;
To the South were heard the echoes,
All of Northland heard the story."

codehindumythology.blogspot.com/2011/12/heaven-at-north-pole.html

The term world in Hindu mythology generally refers to all of India but yes the saptrishis myth is also present in a lot of religions/people.
>that hymn
From what I understand why isn't Finnish austim concentrated towards this, that hymn is quite spooky

Also what makes India so special is that it is the only place on earth that preserved to a large extent, the original tradition of the world, "sanatan dharma", even though all the muslim conquest and british colonisation.

Also in India we can find the most complete and "scientific" way to raise your conciousness and to experience the spiritual realm.

Cool thanks. Also if I want to read 'Arctic Home in the Vedas' do I need to be familiar with the Vedic texts? I have a PDF and I'm very keen to read it but I'm worried I might not understand a whole lot

>that hymn is quite spooky

What makes it spooky?

You can read artic home in the Vedas without much knowledge of the Vedas.
I believe it was our strong oral tradition and pride, we've lost a lot of our pride with good reason but still people pride their heritage and culture over everything, the plebian who unknowingly harm Hinduism through malice and corruption are a result of 300 years of forced poverty i hope this tough era doesn't lead to too much destruction

>I truly hope India is a super power 2020. (Only Indians who I have not liked, are American born)
American born indians are absolute degenerates

That hymn is exactly what Tilak suggest, you know its quite interesting to know that almost all indian know Tilaks name and even his place in the Indian independence movement but almost no one has read his book or has any idea of what he proposed

Well it's kali yuga.
And even though you have strong tradition on dharma, effects of kali yuga are really obvious in India.

There is no way India can become a superpower in less than 3 years. Not possible.

Yes. Thats not happening. They have a chance in 13 years though.
Europe will be lost. America blacked and demoralised. China will be the biggest superpower. India the chief opposition.

It's a meme user, we'll only be a super power when the west collapses

And its not just him.

>Japanese and Chinese Mythologies describe the Palaces of their Gods directly below the Pole Star and at the same time in the middle of the Earth (just like Meru). They talk of Meru as SHUMISEN and believe it connects the three realms of Heaven, Earth and Hell.

>Norse myths place their ‘Land of Immortality‘ at the North Pole and their legends talk about a World Tree called YGGDRASIL that connects Heaven, Earth and Hell just like Meru.

>Greeks believed in a fabled perfect land which they called HYPERBOREA (above the North-wind), where the sun shines twenty-four hours a day, indicating a location within the Arctic Circle.

>Lettish tales describe many dawns in their Heaven, a phenomenon observed only at the Poles.

>Celtic Mythology talks of a Heaven with more than 6 months of continuous winter again suggesting a polar location.

>Zoroastrian Avesta revered by the Persians (Parsis), mentions the Aryanam Vaijah the ancient land of Aryans as the Best-of-all-places and situated up in the North, above the other six world zones. At the beginning of the current age, the god Ahura Mazda warned of an impending fierce winter and advised its denizens to migrate to other locations.

Sampo is Finnish name for Meru, or the world pillar.

So we in a Kali Yuga then huh?

I got really interested in Hinduism in my early 20s but lost interest after a year or two. But for awhile I was meditating at least an hour a day, every day.

Gerardus Mercator, a Belgian Geographer and Cartographer, had prepared a 'Map of the Arctic' in 1569 which actually shows a continent at the North Pole with a mountain in its center.

Compare the map with this interesting detail from Vishnu Puraan -

"The Akash Ganga, flowing from the feet of Vishnu, falls around the city of Brahma, on top of Meru. O twice-born ones, she then subdivides into FOUR rivers, dividing the land into FOUR continents.."

Mercator couldn't have had direct access to the descriptions as the Puranas weren't even translated from Sanskrit till that time. Probably the Legend of Meru was prevalent in some of the Pagan religions of Europe before the Church became more rigid in its approach.

Why is your God stepping on blue Jack Black?

>in my early twenties
>meditated every day
>Hinduism
Although i wouldn't discourage you but I always believed boomers on /pol was a meme, for u

And did you know that first Ahnenerbe expedition was to Karelia Finland?

Pic says: "Himmler believed the wilderness of Karelia to be the cradle of aryan tradition. This picture of a rune singer was hanging on his workrooms wall"

What are your thoughts about the zeus /indra/other pagan gods comparison, to me it seems like people came to a conclusion just on superficial facts

By the way what is your opinion about ISKCON?
My childhood friend got sucked in for couple of years and it was kinda double edged sword for him.

basically OP said and it's accurate about Hinduism - It's a super universalist anything goes religion, super hippy dippy whatever religion.

Iskcon is just the catholic church with Krishna replacing christ.
It's a bunch of degenerates. Quite despised in India. (even though Hinduism is more or less tolerant of any non-proselytising religion)

God is angry and is performing is destruction of the world dance
I believe they have a sense or community that is lost to the west that what draws in the western but according to me their translations are dubious and their representation of Hinduism is neither accurate nor useful, to me it appears as a subversion

> super universalist anything goes religion
hinduism is quite libertarian (almost) anything goes religion but not universalist.
The Indian Constitution actually defines hinduism as not Islam, Christianity, Judaism and Zoroastrainism

Do you understand Sanskrit user?

>be Hindu
>country = toilet
>after thousands of years
No thanks I'll stay pic related

So many cultures have the masculine thunder god so i think it probably is just personificaton of one of the most powerful and different forces of nature. There are hurricanes, tsunamis and such but they are water and wind.
Lightning was for ancient people completely alien thing.
So he's just an very powerful elemental spirit.

Yes, I can read sanskrit but my vocabulary isn't all that great

Yeah.
It always seemed very "cultish" to me.

Indra is a position it's not a God its just something that gets lost in translation

Their current leader a jew too

Compared to

Is pathetic.

But why jack black? He only ever wanted to bring joy to the world

pic related older than your pic.
So GTFO

It's cause he is black

Any references of how to study Sanskrit? I know to read devanagari, but want to read scriptures from primary texts which would need understanding sanskrit

If you understand hindi there is no point in learning sanskrit just for the texts, you can find really good and accurate translations and nothing gets lost, but I suppose school books are your best bet i have no idea as I never learned sanskrit through convention sources, if you see the thread next time drop by and I'll recommend you something

Who is the designated street shitting god?

Cuck India had toilets and drainages when your ancestors were barbarians. So show some respect.

You probably didn't learn this in school but if you keep getting butthurt they'll keep spamming the meme, embrace the meme

What do you call an Indian who doesn't like curry?

>Hungry

>older = better
literal brainlet cannot see the superior intricacy and elaborate contrapuntal complexity of Baroque Germanic architecture. Instead shows a lame ass melanoma of a plain little tower with some statues of racist caste system gods on it.
Also - Hindus stole half their '''''art''''' from Greeks, after Alexander BTFO the poos at Hydaspes, Look up Greco-Buddhist art, and marvel at how the East literally copied the Greek style, from China's terracotta statues to Japan's Buddhas.
Asia rekt beyond recovery.

Fact: That is Shivas' cock and hindus and japanese worship a literall imaginary cock.

>Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.
hinduism is monotheistic with a pagan wrapper. all gods are incarnations of the true god that dreams the entire world in hinduism. he self inserts as shiva at the end of the dream to destroy everything. then wakes up and cuts off his own head and it all starts over again

not that complicated poo. no grand mystery its like all religions 90% story time

Fact check: True.
They don't consider sex to be something to be ashamed of.

>poo poo religion
no thanks

>all gods are incarnations of the true god that dreams the entire world in hinduism.
Brainlet, Hinduism has atheistic traditions as well. Please google before spewing garbage.

You have patrician aesthetics good sir.

Faith in god has nothing to with religion that's a westerner parameter
Brahman isn't a God Brahma is

Pouring thousands of liters of milk on a rock shapped cock is called worshiping while thousands of african children are dying for food amd clean water nice religion son.

>Also - Hindus stole half their '''''art''''' from Greeks, after Alexander BTFO the poos at Hydaspes, Look up Greco-Buddhist art, and marvel at how the East literally copied the Greek style, from China's terracotta statues to Japan's Buddhas.
You don't steal art brainlet. You see styles, and incorporate ideas from others. Fuck your (((cultural appropriation))) nonsense

Its an aryan religion you dumb fuck.

Is that a bad thing?

>Wasting any sort of nutrition down thr drain.
Oh wait nah its cool infact while were at it invite some wild black plague rats to grow in large amounts yeah.