Why did it take him so long to realize he can just permanently mind-control people with his powers?

Why did it take him so long to realize he can just permanently mind-control people with his powers?

Because he is a retarded edgelord?

Because this series is shit. Shiiiiiit.

It's against his code of ethics

Wait, is that actually said at any point? Because that sounds ridiculous.

>casually killing people with his mind control powers is fine
>but using it to turn them into his pawns isn't

It was implied couple times.

Sure for the end result it doesn't matter much but he's an idealist so little things like that matter for him. Same reason he didn't geass his sister right away.

Wasn't it because Lelouch wanted loyal followers and not mind-controlled pawns? I may be wrong though.

>Why did it take him so long to realize he can just permanently mind-control people with his powers?
He knows. But he doesn't want to.

People who compare Lulu to Light Yagami, missed the point entirely.

Light Yagami tried to be a god but failed, because he doesn't have it in him.

Lulu tried to be evil but failed, because he never believed in evil. He was trying to be Cobra Commander, but in the end it was all an act. So he played that act to its logical end, in front of a live audience with cameras running. Lulu couldn't help himself but being good, despite trying not to be.

>loyal followers
How did that work out for him again?

The thing is there's nothing stopping him from using his power in such a way that it's in practice exactly the same, but he has the option to order them again in the future if need be. It's not like he has to turn people into zombies.

Because there are doujins for that

He was essentially fucking around waiting for Carve-tan test results as to confirm the duration of his geass.

He started exploring that possibility with Gilbert but at that point it was pretty useless either way. It's not easy to come up with uses for your magical power when you also have to plan how to conquer the world and CCs ass.

No one ever acknowledge how that girl was most likely forced to go there to carve the sign even during fights or when there was a literal hole where half the school and Tokyo used to be

Because she is probably deadshe actually stopped after r1 ends due to charles overwriting the geass or some bullshitbut she still might be dead

I remember reading that she moved the the mainland and sleepwalks now.

I read she was taken home to Britannia after the events but still tries to go out and carve it every day.

Confirmed

>I remember reading that she moved the the mainland and sleepwalks now.
>I read she was taken home to Britannia after the events but still tries to go out and carve it every day.
Every night, due to timezone differences. The family just made sure to tie her up in her bed until morning.

I must be so bored trying to go to sleep but this is exceedingly interesting knowing the fate of Carve-tan.

Probably because people who actually have a mind to think with and can question ideas and orders with logical arguments are much more valuable than people who just say "YES YOUR HIGHNESS" at his every whim.
There's nothing constructive about having puppets and Lelouch wanted to build something.

>this retarded question again

Because he didn't fucking want to. He values freedom and consideres making people literal slaves as something evil

Then why does he use the power at all?

If you're going to compromise your morals for the sake of achieving an end, you may as well go all-out.

Which he did in the end when he failed to see any alternatives.

I think it's the idea that it's very different to make someone do something for you once, and to make them your pawn as long as they live. Death is a better than an existence like that.

Well he's a bit of hypocrite, but it seems he had no problem telling people to kill themselves because death is somewhat better than complete submission to somebody till the end of one's life

>Probably because people who actually have a mind to think with and can question ideas and orders with logical arguments are much more valuable than people who just say "YES YOUR HIGHNESS" at his every whim.
And that's why Lelouch actually achieved world conquest unlike every other real and fake person.

I hope we see her in R3

Will she get a geass and look for revenge?

Not really, him having these naive ideals are what makes him relatable to most people. Not to edgelords like you though.

>You have to follow my orders so long as you live, but you can bite your tongue to commit suicide at any time
Well that was hard.

>relateable to most people
What the fuck are you talking about? Lelouch was generally seen as a ridiculous character and only liked because of the sheer amount of camp he emanates.

He could have done it like he did with that commander of his sister's army
>You are completely free, unless I do this thing, in which case you have to follow my orders for x time

I'd say it's a nice compromise between "I'll trick you until you betray me" and "ALL HAIL LELOUCH"

She'll be the new antagonist along with Shirley's Mom, Rivalz and ayyyyliens

I imagine Orange-kun can just cancel the geass at this point.

Is it said (maybe in some additional material) if he would be able to de-geass someone that was ordered something not continuous (like Kallen) so that Lelouch could geass they again?

Makes sense really though, he's just fighting a war and most of the people he killed were fighting against him. It's like how in reality killing people in a war is fine, but there are still war crimes that most nations won't engage in. I guess he saw turning people into permanent slaves as being too much.

He can tell you not to die.

What's the point of giving someone a geass that isn't likely to produce some kind of resistance? For all he knows, the carving could have become a routine that she follows voluntarily.

If he actually wanted to know he should have had her do some kind of self-torture on a daily basis.

Can doesn't mean he will. He may as well refuse the geass altogether following that logic.

He was able to geass Shirley again for example, it just didn't work

dead and cucked

This is another thing he could do if he just put a passive geass that allowed him to soft-geass people as often as he wants.

He had the power to give himself a strictly better version of his own power so long as he followed that template. Hell, he could have even prevented shit like the Euphie massacre if he did so.

But in that case it was because Orange deactivated a geass of that was active, while in cases like Kallen I wouldn't be sure if there is still an "active geass" that he can block
Couldn't it be that he tries to degeass them just to have no effect?

Of course Lelouch could have been using the power more often and in more complicated ways, but pride was one of his flaws. He didnt want to achive everything only by using geass.

Sorry, misunderstood your question. Now I'm wondering too

Well, it's not like he was able to win the battle at the end of the first season for any bigger reason than that he geassed (off-screen) a ton of people to do what he wanted

Lelouch values free will. He only crossed the line after he resolved to lose his life.

>Well, it's not like he was able to win the battle at the end of the first season

Black Knights lost the battle for Tokyo