Ocassional Haikyuu Thread

readms.net/r/haikyuu/250/4178/4

Pls respond

Seeing Hinata and Kageyama shut everyone up with their freak quick never gets old. Shit's so satisfying.

I want to see what Akaashi is capable of.

>more than 2 replies

this is a new record

Storywise, I'm still entertained as always, but not sure I like how the artist's art developed in recent times. It got more stylized, especially during the sports segments, but I can't really say that it improved. The triangle people look kinda sloppy and pull me out of the story every once in a while.

Maybe I'm just not good at following the art of the sports segments but was there anything about Hinata and Kageyama's quick at the end that was different to how they usually do them?
I was just thinking that the reaction seemed a bit more pronounced than usual.

Am I the only idiot who has issues following a volleyball game when it's in manga form? This series is so much better when it's animated.

I can't believe a Haikyuu thread is up

It wasn't a problem for me binging to catch up, but having only a bit of a match each week is not ideal

Yeah because it's a bit boring and you might end up forgetting about simple details, but it's also hard to wait for the match to be over just so you can binge it.

Shit that chapter was the best one in a while

Guessing more of the other schools will notice karasuno now
Too bad they're gonna lose here

I want to MARRY Kozume Kenma!

is this manga fun?

I'm trying to visualize what he did here, so he faked a jump then quickly dashed to the right and that somehow tricked the other side?

Probably because a lot of people, including all the top tier players, are seeing it for the first time.

It's also probably notable since Hinata's decoy due to finding that guy's face scary was so good it almost tricked Kageyama. So I can imagine it was even more surprising to everyone else.

I don't think he jumped. It looks like he ran up then suddenly changed direction to avoid that guy.

It really is, go for it

Maybe more fun than the anime

Good chapter for 5 year anniversary. I guess those schools never bothered to research Karasuno at all. Or maybe the quick was more amazing than usual.

Not that I'm complaining. Seeing Hoshiumi pissed and speechless was hilarious. Now just have to see Hinata do a proper receive.

>I guess those schools never bothered to research Karasuno at all
It's most likely this, even back in the last tournament, all the media people kept talking about Aoba Jousai and Shiratorizawa, and in the chapter where the other teams that qualified for nationals find out Karasuno qualified but not Shiratorizawa, most of the people are surprised and wonder how they could have even lost, so it's clear that Karasuno are nowhere near as high profile as some of the other teams.

Fuck off, cancer.

Shit I just started a haikyuu thread without checking catalog.

Maybe I just forgot the first match but is this the first time they've done the quick at Nationals?

I'm guessing those top players were watching because of Inarizaki but Karasuno might get put on the radar at least. Which might be bad for Karasuno now that everyone saw it all at once and will be expecting it.

Fucking up people's shit

Nothing

yeah, sure.
It practically steals all the characters but just gives it an extra portion of fujobait, some silly characterisations and no "battle in the Gym arc"

Did we get translated BDs for the other seasons yet?

Sports series follow a formula. Obviously the older series did it first but Haikyuu made it fun and has cute boys or whatever.

this is the Sannoh match, but you can sense no stakes, i hope the author has the balls to injure Hinata, have them win, and bring him back just for the finals, at least, he would be stealing from tsubasa that way.
If its going to carboncopy Slam dunk, i would read slam dunk for the 100th time

>Back for the finals
They won't make it to the finals, they're still on the first year and only 2 members on the team are 3rd years

3 of them are in 3rd, and one is the captain and the other the vice captain, also the ACE (so... akagi, kogure and mitsui) and just like slam dunk, the second years are no captain material (except the short one miyagi/shinomiya)

again, i wish the author dont carboncopy slam dunk

S2 raws on Nyaa and AB. No one put a request on S2 subbed either so I won't do it.

You can only do so much with sports series. In the end, it just has to have fun character and dynamics and for the anime obviously animation and OST.

>it just has to have fun character and dynamics
Yeah seriously. I appreciate how light hearted haikyuu is.

Yeah, i like both, but slam dunk is my all time favorite, and seeing how much haikyuu repeats its kinda annoying.
Sport manga can have a lot of diferent flavors, from slam dunk/haikyuu to tsubasa/E21, then you have a lot of soccer manga, baseball and etc.
Look at Hinomaru no Zumo now, it has its own spirit, with of course a lot of tropes, but i cant say "its just another Hajime no ippo ripoff"

Like the other user said that's just how sports manga are. Even in movies about the underdog team they all follow the same pattern, but it's a formula that people like. Haikyuu has already been successful on it's own merits and I still find it enjoyable.

Flavors like pretty realistic to beam superpowers. I can't get mad at series for following a formula. Only when they fail to execute and have annoying characters, bad direction, animation, and emotion. There are series like this that didn't break any mold like SAO and Haikyuu but SAO failed because the characters were bland, it was uninteresting overall, had pacing problems, and no character development.
Also Haikyuu is effortlessly fun to watch. There is nothing bad about the series despite not being original. I feel like the only people to hate it are people that are mad they didn't make them girls.

Few of them are original characters but the author makes them interact in such a way that they feel real.

When?

Forgot pic.

no that's every sports manga ever. Kuroko no basketball was the same thing

After graduation like good pure Christians.

Suga was born to be a dad.

i dont hate Haikyuu, i like it, a lot. Its just i like Slam dunk a lot more so when it is the same i start complaning like a stupid fan. The things that make unique haikyuu are so good that i wish that the author tried some more. Thats why i hope that this match goes a diferent route that the Sannoh match did in slam dunk, considering that he has at least the nekoma rematch there, something that shohoku didnt have because kainan wasnt their rivals, ryonan where.

so... go haikyuu!!! be your own thing!

I don't read the manga. Do they have chances?

D-DELET THIS
YACHI BELONGS TO HINATA

It's not super obvious like the stuff between Tanaka and Kanako but Yamaguchi has a small crush on her that keeps getting brought up every once in awhile.

They are just friends.

Kanoka.

I'm sure best girl will forgive me.

Why is this little dude so pissed off all the time?

Small man syndrome.
>When will they learn?

His finally figured out why Kageyama wasn't surprised by his skills during the training camp.

>155851427

Hinata is almost never angry tho

Did she hook up with the capt yet?

>Hinata is almost never angry tho
He's seems like a saint in comparison. Noya as well.

As far as the manga goes she hasn't shown up since before the Shiratorizawa match. Tanaka is the only one close to having a girlfriend. Who would have thought? It's a shame we haven't seen Noya's reaction.

That's a shame. Thought they would make a cute couple as a anime only fag

Fuck Kurosuno I wanna know what's going on over on the girls side
Spin-off series with girls volleyball when?

nigga you dumb

Right after the Seijou spinoff and Beach OVA.

Daichi is mai husbando

wake me when the next season starts

Okay but you might be sleeping a long time.

Needs more owl desu. I wouldn't mind a Bokuto spin-off/special chapter at all.

>best boy still has the best cover
Based Furudate.

How tall is Noya's eventual girlfriend going to be?

It is its own thing. Fun things are fun.

Seems like every relevant character except Nekoma is watching this match. Does it mean Karasuno is destined to lose?

Spin off of Suga as a kindergarten teacher teaching his students how to play volleyball when?

Suga is boring.

How so?

He's just a super-relatable character without any notable character traits or talents.

He is cute and fun.

He plays off the other boys well.

But Oikawa is the cutest and the funnest.

He does seem the type that would work well around with kids.

He isn't the purest.

He can get along with anyone. He's an angel.

How dare you, he's devoted to volleyball. He probably never even touched his gf.

He's not as responsible as he seems. He encourages misbehavior.

He's not relatable either because he's perfectly okay with being benched by a 1st year.

sleep well onii-chan

I thought you were talking about Suga and I agreed but then I realized you were referring to the only Haikyuu with STDs.

Oikawa has only fucked one person. And that's you know who

How awful of a boyfriend do you have to be do be dumped by a fangirl?

Hinata faked out "scary face guy" and ran for a broad strike after doing his usual approach for a minus tempo quick. Basically he ran in a big L so quickly it nearly caught Kageyama off guard.

She liked him for his looks, not for his volleyball skills. She didn't understand what was really important in life.

His ex.

Shows how shit she is. Only worth it for the pump and dump.

I just started reading this and it's been enjoyable so far. I'm up to volume 4. I do wonder tho, does it get better? Not trying to say it's bad or anything. I picked this up after having read Kuroko no Basuke, that had some really hype moments as it went on that hooked me in more and more. Does Haikyuu!! have moments like that?

Watch the anime instead. The soundtrack alone makes it better than the manga.

Waiting for the BD for 2 songs at a time was hell.

Agree with the other user. Best of watching the anime.