Here's a question, why was this animated?

Here's a question, why was this animated?

Yes it's a beautiful masterwork of craft and skill, but in what way did the medium help the storytelling? Everything could have been acted out instead and shot live action.

Try to answer something other than just "2D>3D"

2D>3D

I'm still mad such a misleading picture

this

Why were you born?

>but in what way did the medium help the storytelling?
This is not how business decisions are made

it's cheaper to animate

Kyoani was looking to adapt the work that the setting is in their hometown. They found out about this novel and chose to make it into anime.

This and they would probably use 20-somethings to play high school students

Who would play Reina?

This. If they used actual adolescents I might give it a watch.

fpbp
The only good live-action i know is Solanin

Japanese live action are terrible and actresses ugly.

You don't need any justification to animate something, regardless of what it is. The idea that realism strictly belongs to live-action is a load of shit.

Everyone knows they'd cast some 25yo idols with no acting talent and the show would be a trainwreck.

I was going to make some food, but not I don't have to since you brought this pasta.

>dat lip shine
muh dick

>eating stale pasta

This is some stupid horseshit.

Getting actors who would look anything like the characters AND can play the instruments would be impossible

imo it's a waste how so many anime try to emulate real life as much as possible, I prefer it when they play and experiment with the medium. Like the old disney cartoons.
that's a reasonable argument. But honestly, if it were live action, I'd prefer a western adaption. Asians are pretty terrible actors, especially when they try to ape anime

This pasta is fucking stupid. Kill yourself please.

Do you prefer experimental bits in your KyoAnime?

how was this experimental though?

You would need hollywood tier budget to emulate what kyoani did with this anime if you plan a live action.
Making an anime is way cheaper and probably better than that.

Depends on the anime. It would feel out of place in Hibikek.

I didn't really care for all the Shinbo stuff in Hyouka, of that's what you're asking.

Kumiko's feet give me so much pleasure.

Prison School not so bad.

This.

Where they would have found the millions of dollars to finance the project.