Why is Only Yesterday the best anime film ever made?

Why is Only Yesterday the best anime film ever made?

That's not Kaguya Hime

That's not Totoro

That's not Koe no Katachi by based Kyoani, best anime studio in existense (don't forget to support them by bying their BD)

It was good but I don't know if I'd call it the "best"

Because it combines realistic and poignant childhood vignettes with beautiful character growth, and tackles complex themes like identity actualization without coming off as trying to be philosophical. And it's the best looking Ghibli.

Takahata is a genius.

The best ending of any movie ever.

Made me mam cry it did.

This is the only anime I've ever watched with my mom. I think she was bored.

How ineloquent of you. Definitely a front runner for best looking Ghibli, though, even if in the end it's an impossible call. My vote would probably go to Ponyo or Wind Rises.

Why is Taeko so cute?

I watched it first with 16 and didn't get it.
Then I watched it again with 27 and cried like a bitch.

Was it actually good because I heard they changed a shitton from source material

>existense
>bying
Kyoanifags, everyone.

What is humour?

>humour
>u
Fuck off britbong!

>Ponyo or Wind Rises.
>digital shit
No thank you. You should've said Mononoke, then at least I would've have a little respect for you.

Someone who can't appreciate those movies isn't really the kind of person whose respect I value. Mononoke looks great though.

no, fuck off. I grew up with deaf people it's a terrible portrayal of them. Omoide Poro Poro is way better.

>I grew up with deaf people it's a terrible portrayal of them
Elaborate

better question: why do you think someone who grew up not only not being able to communicate with other kids, but also even their own parents, would act like a normal depressed hearing kid with no friends? They all get desensitized to that early on. Also they have separate deaf schools. But the anime doesn't know about that.

Kyoani fans like to say that Kyoani is amazing at body language. That's not true, Takahata blows them out of the water. Kyoani would never have the guts to do a scene like this

Have you seen Tamako Love Story?

no but I've seen Tamako Market and that was nothing special, didn't assume the movie would be any better.

It's worth a watch, but regardless there's a scene that parallels the one you posted, pretty much exactly.

No it's not, it's just Tamako running like a sperg, and going full autism after being confessed to.
Only Yesterday is much more discreet, and tasteful.

It's hard to take you seriously.

Maybe both movies are great?

hm I'd have to watch it to tell but I like the omoide poroporo scene because the entire movie built up to be realistic and all of the sudden she's flying, just to show her imagination, then also use that as a scene transition into a match cut of adult taeko

For sure, and definitely do watch it. It's not nearly as great a movie, but it's certainly not bad, and has a lot of the same cool impressionist visuals you seem to appreciate.

Your Name. is

I hope no one genuinely believes this

>#1 highest of all time on MAL
Clearly a lot of shit taste individuals believe this.