So, a question for Christians. Do you consider yourself a Christian because:

So, a question for Christians. Do you consider yourself a Christian because:
a) You believe in the truthfulness of the Bible?
b) You consider Pascal's Wager?
c) You are afraid of death?
d) You consider Christianity to be a way to enforce objective morality?
e) You consider Christianity to be an important element in the context of Etho-Cultural/Racial Identity?
f) You consider it impossible for humans to prove the existence or non-existence of God?

Which one of these is the reason why you are a Christian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI&t=5s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9LN79gB3M
jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/is-jesus-almighty/
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

None of the above,
g) Because my parents were/are Christian, if I'm being honest with myself
and
h) Because I have spoken to and heard God myself

humans are goal oriented.
serving something greater than oneself gives you purpose.
that can be any sort of ideology or god.

Nah pretty much because I was raised Christian and after a lot of doubt I thought it was pretty good after all. And then tho whole God thing.

>a) You believe in the truthfulness of the Bible?
Absolutely
>c) You are afraid of death?
Death is only a spiritual state user.

A:Each person see the bible in a different way if not your nothing but a programed sheep.
B: isn't gambling a sin?
C:No why should i be.
D:Explain in more detail plz

I'm glad i have ALL of those AMAZING options

g) I find the Christian worldview to be correct and the Catholic Church to hold valid claim to apostolic authority
I would say A but you made it too Protestant-specific.

Cheers!

But there is an absolute truth and if you don't profess that you're going to hell
that's what the Bible teaches, the catholic church for 1900 years and the true faith is sedevacantism
youtube.com/watch?v=v8J-Ae8QPVI&t=5s

E: Every person not just based on race should have their own view of the father but if they believe their race plays a role in their view of Christianity why are they not enabled to believe this.

G) I came to the conclusion that zero can never and will never equal one.
H) I was raised this way.
I) The core philosophy/ideas made the most sense to me and seemed to be the best

Those're my reasons

Mostly A and B - although I consider Pascal's wager to be more a broader/general argument, not simply respecting a wage on Christianity. Just that whatever the truth may be - you stand nothing by pursuing it with every ounce of your being, but you stand to lose everything if you don't commit yourself to it utterly.

It was consideration of that wager that I bothered taking the notion of theism seriously, despite deep nihilism.

Long story short - there's no other game in town. Pascal was right in making the matter explicitly Christianity or nothing. Nothing outside nihilism of Christianity are even in the ball park of coherent worldviews.

Just begome ordodox already

Yes.
No.
No.
I love objective morality but it's not about enforcing anything.
Not even a tiny bit.
No.

>science words
>raised this way
>philosophy
Unless you've witnessed God, you are the wrong kind of Christian and will burn in hell for it.

A b d e

How can their be a absolute truth when the bible contradicts itself so many times?

Yes.
No.
No.
Yes.
Yes.
No.

I suppose the main one is A. Christ is King, go to church.

Sauce?

The first one for me.

i'd want to see where the Bible actually contradicts itself, all the examples i've been shown in the past are easily explained by the context of the verses

>science words

I'm actually curious
youtube.com/watch?v=Ll9LN79gB3M

>science words
Nigger-tier statement
>philosophy
Kinda retarded way of putting it, fine, but I'm too autistic to think of another term.
>wrong kind of christian
Accepting and praising Yahweh and Christ is more than enough to get into Heaven, you don't have to forget to take your medication for a day to spend the rest of eternity with God.

You need works.
>(Matthew 7:21) “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.
>(James 2:14-17) "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead."
>(James 2:26) "For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead."
>(Matthew 5:16) "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."
>(John 14:15) "If you love me, you will keep my commandments."
>(1 Corinthians 6:9-10) "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

a) Yes
b) Retarded
c) No
d) No
e) No
f) Infinite No

a) You believe in the truthfulness of the Bible?

This. This is why.

b) You consider Pascal's Wager?

No, not really. Seems like a bad reason to be a Christian desu. If you're considering it like that you probably lack real faith
c) You are afraid of death?

Yes I am afraid of death but that has nothing to do with why I'm Christian. Everyone is afraid of death. And if anything deeply held faith makes death scarier because now I fear my own sins and their consequences.

d) You consider Christianity to be a way to enforce objective morality?

Kind of but this came after the fact. Specifically after reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis, by that time I was already a Christian

e) You consider Christianity to be an important element in the context of Etho-Cultural/Racial Identity?

I do (sort of) but this is also a bad reason to be Christian.

f) You consider it impossible for humans to prove the existence or non-existence of God?

Why would this make someone a Christian? How can you have faith in Christ or his sacrifice if you don't have faith in the existence of God?

Absolutely

>b) You consider Pascal's Wager?
Dont even know who that is

>c) You are afraid of death?
Of dying: yes. Of death (being dead): no

>d) You consider Christianity to be a way to enforce objective morality?
Not sure I understand correctly. Enforce the objectively correct morality? Then yes

>e) You consider Christianity to be an important element in the context of Etho-Cultural/Racial Identity?
No. Real christianity goes from completely redpilled in some parts to utterly bluepilled in others. Instead of forcing the word of God to conform to human ideas, we need to adapt our ideas to please God.

>f) You consider it impossible for humans to prove the existence or non-existence of God?
You cannot prove anything, only refute with some probability.
Its belief in God. Belief is the "assured expectations of things to come despite them being invisible now" according to the Bible (Galatians I think). If there was proof for the existence of God in the same way as we have proof for the existence of the sun, then we would not need faith anymore.

I am a christian because I like the truth. I try to read and understand the bible free of bias, instead trying to let it interpret itself.

>N****r-tier statement
My covenant teachings say Jesus accepts all; it's not my place to interpret, but I doubt he accepts racism. Clear your soul, soon.
>another term
There is no need for another term because a Christian who has experienced God has no need to speak of such things.
> Accepting and praising Yahweh and Christ is more than enough to get you into heaven.
Again, it's not my place to judge, but this is not correct. There is Red Text on the topic
> "By works a man is justified and NOT by faith only" (James 2:34)

Please find yourself an man of God before your time in your mortal body runs out.

Gyazo'd

Thanks user.

Contradictions, even in great numbers, are not necessarily destructive to a case or doctrine.

Witness A only says the suspect wore a red shirt
Witness B only says the suspect wore a hat

These testimonies contradict, but they can both simultaneously be true.

I have not encountered a single Biblical contradiction that - given a proper historical and/or exegetical understanding of the text that was not similar to the above example.

>Because my parents were/are Christian, if I'm being honest with myself
derp
>Because I have spoken to and heard God myself
batshit crazy

Well I guess out of the options it would be (a). But thats not my reason.

>Jesus accepts all
Quit listening to that lying soyboy Saul, he's a dishonest cunt.

If someone is legitimately horrible (i.e. a nigger) then they deserve scorn for it.
And quit memeing, anyone can be a nigger and all niggers are bad.

Christ is the only person who speaks the truth all of the time, regardless.

His teachings are clearly the best.

Non-Christians are much more horrible to be around than Christians.

Non-Christians hate being around Christians like cockroaches hate being in the light.

Demons hate the name Jesus and are unaffected by anything else.

I had a vision of who appeared to be Jesus glowing with holy radiance after following God's commands exactly as the Bible says will happen.

Prayer to God through Jesus will change your life and give you peace.

Prayer to God through Jesus will give you answered prayers.

Christ and God gave me comfort and peace when atheism, paganism, and agnosticism gave me hell.

It is a fact Christians treat others better than non-Christians.

It is a fact In-N-Out burger is Christian and it is the best burger place.

Christ's teachings lead to good and bear good fruit, other teachings lead to evil and bear bad fruit.

I don't know what you wanted my answer to be in your list, but we all have our personal reasons. No one can prove it to anyone else they can only bear witness and it is up to them to find it if they feel so inclined.

I'd be interested in your testimony, Bro

religion faggots don't consider anyting. it's just conformity.

>Conformity is the act of matching attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors to group norms. Norms are implicit, specific rules, shared by a group of individuals, that guide their interactions with others.

>This. This is why.

*talking snakes*

John 1:18 "It says Jesus who is himself god but then states he at his father side." contradiction
John 14:6 Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me."

(Matthew 6:1) Be careful about not living righteously merely to be seen by people. Otherwise you have no reward with your Father in heaven
Jesus talks about praying to the father when he is speaking to them
How can he be god when the bible states that no man can see the father & Jesus is a man speaking to them.

>derp
what's wrong with that faggot? that's the original reason I was a Christian, before I understood it all for myself, no point hiding it.
>batshit crazy
if you have never had a personal experience with God and/or don't believe yourself i can understand why you'd think that, but one day God will reveal himself to you too, and then you'll eat those words. either that or you'll deny God's existence even when he stands before you, and if you're that dishonest then there's nothing that can be done for you.

watch this

Ozzies should stick to bantz.

>and it's snake, not snakes

If you wouldn't say it in church, don't say it at all. Do you attend a church?

Ephesians 4:29 - "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

First Peter 3:10 - "For, whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech."

James 3:9-12 - "With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water."

Mostly (e), Christianity is a very important part of White identity, which is why (like white identity itself) it’s okay to attack it. Notice how Christianity and it’s teachings are attacked, but no other religions ever are even when their own teachings are exactly the same or even “worse” than Christian teachings (example: Islam’s teachings regarding homosexuals) We always hear about how Christians are terrible, bigoted people for not wanting gays to marry, but Muslims are good people even though they teach that gays should be killed. If religions were people, Christianity would be a white man

fuck off catlick scum

>John 1:18 "It says Jesus who is himself god but then states he at his father side." contradiction
ha you don't even know the basics
the Trinity is the Father the Son and the Holy Spririt(or Ghost), God is one in three persons
>John 14:6 Jesus said "No one comes to the Father except through me."
Yes, Jesus, the Son of God was prophesied actually he fulfilled more than 300 prophesies, which is practically is impossible, this statement means, you must accept him and his words to go to heaven
>(Matthew 6:1) Be careful about not living righteously merely to be seen by people. Otherwise you have no reward with your Father in heaven
And how does this contradict anything?
You musnt brag about your righteousness

Can you describe "experiencing God"?
Mysticism and arcane crap is really put-offish - it's disgraceful to the rationality and will God has gifted us.

>the Catholic Church to hold valid claim to apostolic authority

can you explain this? surely it ended at peter or whoever else it was given to in scripture but no further?

im a protty so ignorant mostly on what catholics think. someone on Sup Forums said that it went to saint/pope clement but thats from non canon and he was picked only because he was the most knowledgable to answer some theological question someone had. but why would that make him a pope? he just happened to be the most educated at the time on holy matters.

I have just refuted Protestantism and you respond by "fuck off" rly?

The communist here to tell us about conformity.

Is it hypocrisy, or expertise?

Faggot system keeps calling my post spam so I'll summarize what I had typed out.
I do go to church and I would say everything I've said there here, I don't believe that any of it is wrong.
It's not evil to point out one's failings in order to spur them into trying to fix those failures, and it is not cursing them to try to help them see their own flaws, and they'd better do the same for me.

It is never evil or wrong to speak the truth, and any argument against that is retarded.

don't you think your kinda legalezing the bible to death?

also underrated, self awareness doesn't exist for commies

> John 1:18 "It says Jesus who is himself god but then states he at his father side." contradiction
actually contrary to what says, there is no trinity in the bible. Everywhere Jesus makes it completely clear that he is under the father and also a separate person, even though both are very, very similar.

The concept of trinity gods is 100% pagan and not christian.
If you look at the original text in John, it says something closer to "The Word was of divine nature" and not "The word was God" its all about the articles of the words apparently.

jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/is-jesus-almighty/
(check out the links below the article too)

>Which one of these is the reason why you are a Christian?
I identify with European culture of the past 2000 years. I don't care about the Bible, Jesus or God. The institution of the Catholic Church and Europe's rich history is what defines Christianity and being a Christian.

I believe Jesus Christ is the truth and I believe he is what he said he is.

Because I don't think that all the love and suffering we experience, all the friends and family we have here is for nothing. I don't believe we will never see the people we love again after we die.

Then you argue the word of God is r*****d and you are surely header for eternal damnation.

There are ways to "reveal one's failings" without calling them intentionally inflammatory words. If you are truly interested in a better world as you have implied, you should heed the word of God. Sacrificing your adherence to The Word, even in the slightest way is the path to sin. That willingness to disobey The Word, in my opinion, is why we have n*****s at all. To me, you are no less a degenerate than the n*****s are.

He didn't say anything. That's because he didn't exist. It's fiction, m8. You have been conned. Don't be a fool your whole life.

>>ha you don't even know the basics
Father the Son and the Holy Spirit
John 6:38
"For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me"
Why is Jesus saying him like he is talking about someone else.

Explain what you believe the trinity is.
i'm not a trinitarian.

>I have just refuted Protestantism
Wow. It only took 500 years. Glad to know someone finally did it!

>

jeebus, you complicate it too much

its very simple, if you can toss out the fairy tales of virgin birth and resurrection, replace them with miscegenation with roman soldier and resuscitation and escape to nepal, then focus on the story of jesus as just another avatar story like Meher Baba or Ramana Maharshi, then you can see what he was pointing to, and go into the desert for 40 days and nights to fast and pray and verify it for yourself

cool art, saved

Satan pls go.

Oh only one talking snake? Far more plausible than two or three.

>Protestantism
a germanic divide and conquer tactic. how does it feel living the germanic lie?

Nice cherry picking, prot.

>what's wrong with that faggot?
Which faggot?

You're not a full blown mythicist, are you?

What's wrong with it is that you have mindlessly swallowed the most retarded tale ever told for no better reason than 'my mummy did it too'. Instead of thinking for yourself.

Which god will reveal itself to me? Thousands of gods have been fabricated. Which one is going to show up and do a little dance for me?

Yes, with Bible quotes.
And what you see now in the vatican is not the catholic church, but the prophesied end times whore of Babylon(Rome), you would know that if you whatched this

i hate this so fucking much about christians. no you cunts nobody cares about your debunked gotcha "pascals wager" and "objective morality"

start selling yourself like you should. it doesnt matter any of it you should be christian cos the cultural fabric of 2000 years falls apart without it until we have a "secular" or "humanist" "religion"/belief how about you look at the one that did the most good. thats an arguement even an atheist understand and accepts (unless they are fedora tipping virgins)

>germanic crimes against european civilisation*
>hitler... was defeated by anglo-saxons
this has to be bait, no one can be this unselfaware

>im the only true catholic!!!
Classic catlick.

Satan's just as fake as your little goddy god god

yeah, well, the solution to that is to fuck europe for 500 years with wars that will cost 100s of europeans their lives. thanks based luther. at least you showed the pope!

So you tell me that the True Church is a priest 1500 after Jesus, preaching that noone believed for 1500 and can be refuted by some Bible quotes

this argument makes no sense

if God exists then a talking snake is plausible. because you dont see talking snakes today is not an argument. the bible could only be used to prove God: with either prophecy fulfilment or physical evidence of past miraculous biblically recorded events.

if you are honest with yourself then God or a god does exist. this universe is proof of a creator.

No, everything said there is correct, it's you that's the retard.
I'm starting to think you're one of those people who think that Jesus was some bastion and therefore advocate of pacifism.
Jesus actively insulted others he felt were deceitful or in the wrong, a prime example would be when he referred to Peter, his most loyal disciple, as the Devil.

I think this mistake stems from the whole Saul debacle, where this dishonest sand-dwelling cunt pretends to have an epiphany, change his name, and ascend to Super Soyan 2 before shitting up the Lord's word with bullshit stories of an inaccurate version of Christ, one who I believe you base your understanding of the word on.

Only partially blown

You've got to be the most hypocritical person here, you accuse catholics of being poofs, meanwhile, pretty much all protestant church's have female priests, openly homosexual priests some even in homosexual marriages.

Just stop.

you must have missed
>before I understood it all for myself
and the Christian God will reveal Himself to you, then it will be up to you to decide if you choose to accept Him as your God, or to continue denying him and suffer the consequences.

Yes and I previously stated that I'm a sedevacantist, so quoting francis antipope is not an argument

better to know which priests are fags than find out the catholic way.

Kinda A
D
E
F

Troll Harder

>debunked
>objective morality
You kidding? Relativistic morality has been a laughing stock ever since Plate destroyed it.
>If the way things appear to me, in that way they exist for me, and the way things appears to you, in that way they exist for you, then it appears to me that your whole doctrine is false."
Since anything that appears to me is true, then it must be true that you are wrong

Why don't you start selling yourself like you should, you want to do whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want without any consequences or responsibility. You are doing the same shit you're accusing Christians of doing, you're also imposing your beliefs and your morality.

He's an ozzy, what the fuck do you expect?

>can you explain this?

The Early Church view is that the authority that the apostles got was passed on to successors that took their offices and the authority that came with it. This is a position unanimously held by the early church period. Now besides Oriental Christianity, which is just individual bishops and their churches that kept that disagreed with early church councils and separated to do their own thing, there are only three other groups: Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant. Catholicism and Orthodoxy disagreed on a number of theological issues (entirely little things that affect no layperson) and primarily upon the authority of the apostolic offices. Both held primacy but Orthodoxy held that the primacy was only an honorary position while Catholicism held that the position had a mechanical authority in the church structure over the others. For both churches their claim to primacy is the succession of their offices.

Protestants, as you likely know, reject apostolic authority (whether they believe they have it or not) and put their focus on scripture instead. This is a major difference, but obviously not all differences.

There are just as many Bible quotes in support of Protestantism as Catholicism, stop being dishonest.

No one but catlicks cares about being The One True Church™ because they realise the true church is about believers, not a single institution.

And yet, more catholics support faggotry than protestants.

Kill yourself.

It is NOT the catholic church that you see in vatican, it was prophesied in revelations
And homosexuality is a desease, ought to be cured, but if someone does not practise it it is not a sin

>suffer the consequences
I'm terrified mate. Seriously. I just shat my pants.

By christ you godtards are dense.

If the threat of hell was worth a pinch of shit, I would already be a theist. Is that blindingly obvious fact really beyond your comprehension?

Can't form a coherent point?

t-t-t-troll!!!

I consider myself a Christian because a man who said he was God incarnate lived, died and was resurrected witnessed by many people and recorded down.

Using reason, the resurrection almost certainly happened.
First off, the event could not have been simply "misremembered". The earliest gospels appeared within a lifetime of the event. There is no evidence that suggests that the earliest Christians denied the resurrection and that there was some slow evolution of belief going from believing Christ wasn't resurrected to believing he was.

Second, the early Christians could not have lied about the event. Why would they? They need a motivation. Who was benefitting from spreading this supposed lie? It couldn't have been for wealth or power. Christians were mistreated and stressed poverty. It couldn't have been to further a cause. The Jewish Messiah was supposed to do things like build a new temple and lead Israel to world conquest. Not die. When Jesus died, why didn't his believers just go find another Messiah, as is what usually happened to the dozens of claimed Messiahs around the time.

Third, why did Christianity persist for so long? Many people have a dim view of the "uneducated savages of the past", but people weren't as stupid as pop history portrays them. When presented with a dubious claim, they still questioned. Jesus lived at a time when there were dozens of ranting prophets making all sorts of wild claims. They gained followers, but it quickly dissappaited after they died, or the cause they championed finished. Within a generation. Heck, this sort of thing still happens today. Why wasn't Christianity like the rest? The earliest Christians were some very educated people. The Church Fathers came from academic backgrounds. These weren't uneducated savages. The only ideas that last throughout the ages are ideas that contain truth. Out of the countless belief systems today, only a handful have survived centuries.

who said anything about hell? i said that when God reveals himself to you, you will have all the evidence you desire, i am not God so i cannot provide you with this evidence

>There are just as many Bible quotes in support of Protestantism as Catholicism, stop being dishonest.
This is objectively false.

>No one but catlicks cares about being The One True Church™ because they realise the true church is about believers, not a single institution.
This is modernist bullshit. Why do you care if people believe in Jesus is what they believe isn't the same thing? That defeats the whole purpose is people who say that sodomy is a sin and sodomy is a blessing are both seen as okay because they're both "believers".

if morality is objective find 2 person who thinks morality is objective and they wont agree what that objective morality is.
then by induction take in more moral objectivist and you figure out that there is many objective morality out there and only 1 person is right in the whole world cheers

It's pronounced Christcuck, and all the Catlicks and Prots and ORDODODOX :DDDD faggots in here will bitch and moan forever and ever about your infidelity.

Anyone that isn't a cunt doesn't care what you do unless it's actively harmful, and all you've done is make me kek with your ozzy bants

Then use Bible quotes to support faith alone, that baptism is not regeneration
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

youtube.com/watch?v=kd66KXIbAjc

originally, i was an atheist, but eventually became more of an agnostic. the consideration of pascal's wager led me to explore religions, and i ultimately came to realize that the catholic faith is the one true religion.