Is ghost in the shell that good?

is ghost in the shell that good?
i watched akira a few weeks back and it was amazing, probably in my favourite top 3 films of all time.

i've seen ghost in the shell recommended but from the trailer it doesn't seem that good, i dislike the animation. is it really that good or is it just overrated?

Just watch the live-action, it's a hundred times better.

It's a fucking snoozfest OP

THIS
The original was pretentious crap!

GotS is overrated shit

only watch it if you like 3deep5u pretentious garbage

Not everyone is going to like GitS, but it's definitely better than Akira.
You're cheating yourself if you don't just read the manga for that one.

ghost in the shell is fucking garbage OP. Watch something good like death note instead.

Memeing aside, everyone should just read the manga (both GitS and Akira). They're the best

GitS manga is the other extreme from the movie, everybody talks too much.

If you're only into action, GiTS only has a few episodes that are worth watching. I love the series but a couple episodes definitely put me to sleep, and sometimes it's hard to follow what's going on. If you liked Akira, definitely read the manga. The movie cut out a bunch of shit that happened and changed the ending.

Watching all of GitS now and it's pretty fucking good. Definitely not exactly something you'd recommend to someone who likes a lot of action though.

GITS is a really good movie. It feels too short and rushed but the ending is very interesting. Recommended if you like arthouse films.

Ghost in the Shell is legitimately one of the best movies ever made, but unfortunately it's main audience is too stupid to appreciate it, and film buffs are too stubborn to watch it because it's anime

They're very different, but both masterpieces in their own right. GITS is definitely worth a watch.

Is this a meme now?

I remember when Ghost in the Shell first came out back in the 90s and even then it was generally considered an overproduced attempt to be the next AKIRA.

It's not better than Akira. The GitS movie is good, the TV show put me to sleep.

>i dislike the animation

Is this some kind of meme or just autism?

>Implying film buffs don't watch GitS

This is a stupid opinion because all serious film buffs and critics watch, if any anime films, Akira and Ghost in the Shell.

it liked it a lot more
not sure why you asked Sup Forums

movies are better if you go into them without presumptions

>not sure why you asked Sup Forums
I ask myself this every time someone posts a stupid thread like this. It's an utter waste of time because all you're doing is filling your head with preconceived notions as a result of a bunch of people who can't agree on anything arguing with eachother in an attempt to credit or discredit the show in question.

I understand WHY people do it but it's fucking retarded. This is the last fucking place you want to go if you actually want opinions on something. Although considering the amount of saucefags and recommendation threads I'm not surprised how weak fucking minded most people here are.