Wait a minute

how do the evas get to the surface? Where are the elevators?

WHO CARES JUST ENJOY THE SHOW, fuck all these idiots making a big deal out of meaningless things, IT DOESN'T RUIN ANYTHING

They run up the wall and then through the armor.

What? They use the elevators frequently, they even explicitly show it being used in the first fight.

you see mistao and shinji use tem in the first episode

Okay, let's do some thinking. The evas are stored in the pyramid base right? That's where they are supposedly launched from in the elevators right? Now, I don't have a PHD in particle physics or anything, but there seems to be an awful lot of empty space between the pyramid and the city itself.

No dingus, the Evas always go UP the elevator in a straight line. Not around the whole fucking area.

One of the episodes shows a computer monitor of the elevator's paths, and they don't go straight up.
>The evas are stored in the pyramid base right?
Are they? The basement / hanger section could extend under the dirt, out a far distance, possibly pass the walls of the whole underground area.

I HOPE SOMEONE WAS FIRED FOR THIS BLUNDER

if that's true, that means they are launched at like 600mph in that elevator in order to reach the surface in the time they do.

Houu, Kakkoii.

They're invisible, isn't that obvious

>are they?
Yes, underneath honbu are the cages.

Like, they are launched up elevator shafts under the geo-front at high speeds, erupt out of the ground and fly through the geo-front's sky, get funneled into another elevator shaft on the geo-front's ceiling, and then emerge on the streets of Tokyo-3 to kick ass? I kinda like that.

who runs that fucking place? Where are the IT people who fix the computers or the janitors?

even in those brief frames it's still basically in a straight line up. I don't get it.

See, it curved?

That's an angle you philistine
Also here's a not potato image

The Evas aren't launching from the ground level of the Geofront idort.

that implies that the pilots are already ground level, which they are clearly not

the cages are literally command center adjacent

Wait I got it. The elevators actually launched them the distance from the ground level to the city.

Toji died and his sister was pureed into LCL and injected into 03's big red ball.

>his sister was pureed into LCL and injected into 03's big red ball
That's lewd fampai

Why did they give Zeruel boobs in Rebuild?

Because eating 00 and Rei apparently gives you tits.

Have have resisted watching the rebuilds so I don't know. Just one more to wait for before I can turn into fanta, and it's being made as we speak.

Btw, I didn't realize Anno did Shin Godzilla. Now I want to see it.

All you need to know is that Rebuild completely jumped the rails after the second movie. Shit went full wack.

>streaming

my external harddrive wouldn't boot, give me a break

they spend like half the show on big stupid escalators

Eva's are launched straight from the Nerv so that they can get above ground, then they switch rails to the ones we see characters take when they go to the Nerv .
On this pic you can see that all of those are places inside the city, and most of them cann be above one another. If you want the Eva to be able to spawn anywhere in Tokyo-3 it cannot only launch straight up. it has to go up, then at an angle/horizontally, then up again once it's connected to the right exit.

what happens after the instrumentation ? everything is covered in LCL right ? how are they going to rebuild everything ?

Nothing happens after instrumentality, everyone is living in the Eva.

In the rebuilds, they never reach instrumentality. They approach an impact, and then it is stopped, so people survive and we move on to the next film.

Idk.

Can you imagine the all the tsunamis created by this shit? 2nd Impact all over again. The entire planet is going to flood. At least this time everyone is already dead sort of.

What's inside the dark moon, other than nerv HQ? Why does it bleed?

Seems like it's just a big empty shell.

If I recall correctly, in that flashback episode that showed NERV's origins, Gendo told Fuyutski that the moon was already hollowed out by someone else, prior to having anyone start construction on it.

I'm guessing it was either Lilith or Adam. Haven't brushed up on my Eva lore in a long time.

It could not have been the FAR. I don't think they ever set foot on earth.

Damn. All of this is coming back to me now. Was the "Duel of the Seeds" theory real? Fuuuuck

Isn't the black moon lilith's "ship"? other than lilith, what else could it contain?

Might have had LCL since Lilith tend to bleed LCL. And that's pretty much it.

In the tv version everybody is congratulating shinji or someshit, was that inside the eva ?

The lance of longinous, not sure what else. Lilith and the lance are huge, but nowhere near as big as the entire moon.

Maybe the FAR made it so big so that it could someone "cusion" the impact of the moon hitting the earth and not damage Lilith and the lance.

In fact, I believe that is exactly what happened with Adam's lance if I recall correctly. His lance actually broke when his moon struck Earth. Guess it's not really safeproof.

No, Adam's lance was fine.
It was Lilith's spear that broke.

The Lance of Longinus originally belonged to him according to the CI. But I guess his spear is Cassius in Rebuild now.

The command center is underground. When Zeruel infiltrates the base, it descends downward from the Geofront to the command center. Furthermore, when Shinji takes it back up to the Geofront using the elevator, they do manage to travel up some distance, yet they don't reach the city on the surface.

The straight elevator sections are underground. The curved sections are suspended in the air inside the Geofront. Then there's more straight sections going up out of the geofront.

No, I think the congratulations scene happens right after instrumentality gets cancelled due to Shinji's made up mind and resolve to keep on living. Which is why everyone congratulates Shinji, because he chose life, even with all it's hardships, over instrumentality. At this point in the movie is when Unit 01 breaks out of Lilith's eye and she starts to die.

That was inside everyone's minds. Presumably, in the real world events similar to EoE are what's happening during episode 25/26.

Yeah, you're right. I rememeber now. Adam's spear neutralized Adam. Would have been harder for Lilith's spear to have to pierce through Adam's moon to get to him.

Makes me wonder what would have happened if Lilith's spear hadn't broke.

And if the whole two seeds landed on earth by accident theory is not correct and was done on purpose by the FAR, were they originally meant to fight over Earth? The spears can be used as weapons..

>Evas always go UP the elevator in a straight line.
I explicitly remember an episode with a computer console showing the series of EVA elevators, and they had bends and curves. Not wasting the time to find it for your autistic ass, but I believe it was the episode that Shinji pushed an angel into the elevator and told the controllers to shoot them up.

Had Lilith's spear not broke, I would think she would have been the one neutralized into unconciousness because she arrived second. It was because her spear broke that Adam had to be the one neutralized as a last resort.

The CI seem to imply it was an accident and the FAR never intended it, that's why the spears are for in the first place. To prevent that very scenario.

Better question: why hasn't anyone made a sarcastic gif out of that scene?
>good going faggot
>great job assholes
>What a fucking genius
While everyone claps

>CURVED
>ELEVATORS

That makes sense.

I wonder if it holds for the Rebuild universe. Seems like there are 4 Adams in Rebuild. One of them was on the moon along with the spear of cassius, which I guess is the name they're giving to Adam's spear now.

I remember people saying a while back that the explosion from 2nd Impact in Rebuild flung one of the Adam's into outer space. Must have been a huge ass explosion. Not sure how Misato could have survived that.

I wonder, Rebuild's lore seems even more convoluted than the original.
Then there's the whole Lilith wearing Adam's mask and Adam wearing Lilith's mask thing.
There's also 4 spears as well, so there may be more Liliths too.

If sequel theory proves to be true I hope they clarify all of this.

Yeah, and those multiple coffins on the moon were odd too.

It seems the Key of Nebuchadnezzar is going to play a big part in 4.0/Final, as Gendo is still shown carrying it around in 3.0, 14 years after he received it. Wonder what that is all about. Maybe it's one of Adam's.. Two of them have been destroyed (mark 06 and 09).

Then there's Ritsuko who claimed the AAA wunder was being reclaimed by it's original master when mark 09 started to hijack it. Could be crypto talk for something else. As much I love Eva lore, imagining that the AAA Wunder was originally a spaceship used by Adam(s) is too much.

The coffins are especially interesting to me, because apparently the whole moon base is called Tabgtha, which is where Jesus resurrected.

I agree, the key will probably have a similar function to Adam's embryo - a way for Gendo to elevate himself to God-level and control Instrumentality.

It was mentioned there are Adam vessels (Mark 06 and Mark 09), and then Adam's survivor (Eva 13), and then there's Kaworu himself who still is Adam's soul in a lilin body.
Not too sure on Ritsuko's statement, but the Wunder was created by that angel Mari defeated in 2.0, right? So maybe they meant the Adam was coming to reclaim its offspring?
It's all too confusing and vague to make sense of now, but I still find it interesting so I do hope they shed some light on it in the final movie.