Why is cat ownership increasing in the developed world? For example, in the 1980's...

Why is cat ownership increasing in the developed world? For example, in the 1980's, cats and dogs were roughly equal as pets. Now, there are probably 95 million pet cats compared to only 60 million pet dogs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AfdR003knes&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cats are for pussies. No kidding. A dog is the only option for a man.

>Cats are for pussies
Listen here Mario, your ansectors fought mother-fucking ATLAS lions brought from North Africa, and were they pussies? No they did battle with fucking cats and survived, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Comparing cats to lions are just comparing monkey to a human with a flamethrower

95 million in the US alone, I mean. The trend is similar in many other nations.

This, and the breed for real men is German Shepherd

Because most people live alone and habe to work. You can‘t leave a dog alone for 9 hours, a cat won‘t gove a shit as long as there‘s food and somewhere to relieve itself.
I don‘t like either, but cats are obviously easier to take care of if you are single and / or both adults work. Why you would get a pet in the first place if you don‘t have a family is beyond me, but my guess is that lonely people need some kind of pet to cope.

this

Deutscher boxer also. Not so bad.

There are more single women and more people live in apartments than in the past.

Overpopulation? Cats never attack your neighbor's kid resulting in a lawsuit

Toxoplasma Gondi.

The only people who like dogs now are dykes

Single women have more use for a (male) dog though

-smaller
-cheaper
-more independent

More likely to die in a car crash.

We wuz lions and sheeeit

This

Society is increasingly pussyfied, everyone is becoming mentally and psycically weaker, sothey get pets that are useless, weak and lazy

Because evolution wise cats are winning.
>domesticated themselves
>created a sound to mimic human babies to trigger our paternal instincts (cats don't meow at each other, they only meow at humans)
>evolved to be smaller and cuter to attract us
>trained us to scoop their poop and feed them
>give us a disease that makes us drawn to them

There are no cat owners. Only humans who have been successfully used by the superior species.

Cat owners have higher IQs - people in the developed world have higher IQs

Dogs are actual cucks who would kill themselves just to please you. Cats are independant and actually have a personality. Dog owners want something they have control over, a pet nigger.

African rats don't belong on European soil

Because asians started keeping pets instead of eating them, and the average tiny asian household is too small for a dog.

Dogs LITERALLY eat their own shit. That means you have to supervise them 24/7, or your going to get licked by some shit breath asshole.

The correct answer is that cats are lower maintenance, and people are getting more and more lazy while simultaneously being consumed with their shitty low wage jobs.
Dogs are a luxury whereas cats offer repose to broken wage slaves. I abstain from judging someone based on what animals they keep. Or at least I try to.
That said - spiders, lads. Thoughts on keeping and breeding spiders?

Because cats are low effort and people are lazy soyboys

but kittens are soooooooooo cute
youtube.com/watch?v=AfdR003knes&

The real question is, why are people so fucking lonely and desperate that they need an animal for companionship?

Pets served a practical purpose. Dogs for guarding the house/hunting, and cats for getting rid of mice and other pests. The fact that they were cool to pet and have around was just a byproduct of that, never the main purpose.

Try to picture a person 50 years ago staying at home with their pets instead of being around other people. It's ludicrous. Even single people would rather be around friends than spending time alone with their (((pets))).

Cats are much less high maintenance

I dont eat rabbits because they eat their own shit. Do you eat dogs?

People are getting lazier.

Kek

Do you really want to waste your time with a dumbass eating his own shit or would you want a pet who develops an actual personality instead of being a servant?

only insecure weak faggots think that owning a specific pet makes them either masculine or feminine. I like both cats and dogs and I could fuck your whole female relatives if I wanted.

Smaller houses, smaller pets. It is that simple. You should not keep a dog without having a garden.

Dunno about others, but my two cats very much earn they keep by find and eating scorpions, occasionally roaches. They're objectively useful and fairly cheap to maintain once the initial investment of vaccinations is out of the way.

I've tried other ways to keep the little poisonous shits out of my house but so far they've failed.

No sir, it's just because i know a lot of people with cats, and a lot of people with dogs, and if I compare them, the dogs' owners are better people.

a way better.

Cats>Dogs>Niggers>Dog Owners

I think most people with cats have multiple, while one dog is good enough for many.
For example, my mother has three cats and one dog.

This desu. I'm a dog person, not a cat person, but if I lived somewhere that had wee beasties that can seriously harm you, I'd keep cats as well.

It is a strange trend, being as cats are for fags and women, and the faggyness of the world is increasing.

You are all overlooking the most obvious factor: dogs are haram.

More and more people live in apartments and work most of the day therefore have no time to take care of a dog. Cats are far more self sufficient and don't demand as much attention, care, love from their owners as dogs do.

Because cucks own cats and cucks are on the rise. Masculinity - dog. Femininity - cat

So cats are basically the Jews of a the pet world.

Cats are awesome. Real men likes cats. I don't have a problem with dogs, I would never want one though since they need to be walked 3 times a day and I don't want to make my pet a slave. Cats do what they want and that's the way it should be. Oh and cats a frigging cute as fuck!!!

more and more ppl live in cities thus they have no space for a dog witch makes owning a cat easier i guess

Cats are smaller and more independent, they can roam outside on the roofs, etc

Cats are small. Most people that have dogs have only one. Most that have cats have at least two

WE

Pets in general are for insecure faggots that want to be at least above someone else, in this case an animal, seeing themselves as 'masters' meanwhile in the social landscape they are merely pushovers. Sometimes they even fail on this as well that's why usually a dog tries to escape the moment they have the chance.
Pets are good for old people and kids though.

Dogs need more space

WUZ

Dogs are dirty filthy smelly pests that chew slobber and shit all over everything

same goes for rat-dogs
females substitute babies for things that look like rats

We really wuz Kings (of da jungle) and sheeit

And there it is
We are the cats niggers

Anytime someone tells me how cute their ‘puppy’ is, I kindly remind them how it sniff buttholes and eat its own shit. Fuck those things.

Doggo brings you food

Cats don’t need you to come home from your degenerate lifestyle to walk them. Case closed.

You can leave a dog alone for 9 hours you fucking moron.

Because white people DON'T spade and neuter their pets!!!

this, cats are the designated low test pet

Loyalty user.
Unconditional loyalty
That does not exist in modern " it's all about me" society .
Humans have become a hyper exaggerated self absorbed species
Animals / pets not,nope,never act like retarded humans

>mouse untermench
fucking perfect

Pol is so autistic it compares animals with ideology.

Cats are good for space. Easy clean up, don't worry about barking.

Dogs, well, big dogs, are good for fetching and outdoors.

Both are fine you faggots

>(cats don't meow at each other, they only meow at humans)
I call bullshit

because kitties are nice and dogs are for faggots who are desperate for affection. The biggest numales are doggofags.

got 2 dogs and 2 cats, the cats puke down my house and the dogs dont. The dogs listen to my commands whereas the cats run off and piss on somebody's front door.

>I need a sycophant servant who will do everything I say, I'm so alpha and in control
are dogs the most nu-male pet?

Dogs and cats are both fine. Except rat dogs. Here's my cat I rescued, found under my dad's truck

no cats and small dogs are for faggots, substitute for babies and all.

Because cats are adorable and cuddly. Dogs are annoying and needy.

As long as you’re not a dick to a cat, they actually turn out real nice. Not to mention they can take care of themselves. Dogs are annoying as fuck and require constant attention.

>the person who grew up with 7 dogs and 2 cats.

If your cats are puking that much theyre either sick or you need to change their food. Just because you neglect yours doesn’t mean all cats are this bad

Because the world is more Muslim. In Islam the prophet (pbuh) allowed a cat to give birth on his cloak, and cut off the sleeve of his prayer robe rather than wake his favourite cat, a female named Muezza, who was sleeping on it. One of Muhammad's companions was known as Abu Hurairah for his attachment to cats. This is why there are more cats, they are a Holy animal.

Yeah, there are good cats. Had a cat who pretty much chased off all other cats who used to pee in my garage.

>the cats puke down my house
raise their feed bowl so they don't bring up stomach bile, also provide them with grass to eat. they vomit because you don't know how to look after them

They're sick and old but they're not just mine so I can't take them to the vet.

The best breed is no breed. They are the healthiest and the smartest because they don't have defective genetics from inbreeding. You need a real intellect to take control over theirs.

But they need to be relative to bigger dogs (they have bigger brains).

Taught my daughters dog to fetch my smokes , then be ready to go outside.
All I say is "SMOKE BREAK"
The dog gets my smokes and stands at front door.
Showed everyone that trick at Christmas gathering,
2 smokers were like way cool
25 other sjw were calling me animal abuser .
Bad enough I smoke but now the dogs an accomplice. Sure to die of secondhand smoke.

To give a legit answer, it's because the world is becoming more urbanized.

Cats shit in a box and make little noise. They're easy for apartments.

Dogs, I love them too don't get me wrong, are more of a hassle taking outside and all in a apartment.

If you have a yard. If you live in a flat, you can't.

100% true. Meowing only reserved for training humans.
Also
Cats purring is in a frequency range that actually stimulates healing in broken bones in humans.

> dogs have the love gene and will be loyal companions their entire life to their owner(s)

> cats "love" whomever changes their shitbox and feeds them, and that changes based on whomever is doing that, because cats are independent and care for no-one but themselves

I've owned both, and they both have their pros and cons, BUT cats are generally cheaper and less maintenance and effort to keep.

As smart as dogs can be, the vast majority of them are dumb animals that will get themselves hurt and destroy things because they were left alone for any length of time....cats on the other hand will occasionally destroy something, but more often than not, will leave most things alone, and not get hurt doing dumb shit.

If you want something to pet and look at because it will ignore you most of the time, buy a cat.

If you want a companion that will probably be expensive and time consuming to keep, but will always love you, buy a dog.