Arguments for religion/deism

Just any good arguments in support of any sort of religion, even deism would do.

Or any arguments against atheism.

Godlessness is the root of all evil.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg
youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ
archive.is/dYjFQ
youtu.be/FyKrFmrEHvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Personal lack of intelligence. Mass delusion. Poor genetic disposition. All of these account for religion.

To counter subversion

What started the big bang?
What started the thing that started the big bang?
What started the thing that started the thing that started the big bang.

How was god created?

Science cannot provide a answer nor religion.
It’s maddening.

Most likely input from another dimension. Perhaps another universe collapsing. Science is much more realistic in providing hypotheses than the superstition that is religion.

>Another dimension
>Likely a whole new set of laws of physics

Isn't that a hypothesis that sounds just the same as that of religion?

Religion is inherently linked to philosophical reasoning.
By assimilating the evolutionnary/hierarchical state of nature to the notion of platonic separation of consciousness and physical body, you logically reach the following :
>Your consciousness was into another state before it became what you understand is ''you'', and will reach another state when you'll stop being what you consider is ''you'', just as nature ultimately recycle you in the producer/predator/decomposer cycle
>Due to the pyramidal hierarchy of nature (with an apex [read; superior, predominant] predator at all times), we have to logically assume that there may be superior type of consciousnesses, even possibly an all-encompassing apex consciousness, which is basically God at this point.

youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg
youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

Enjoy.

Thanks, anons

Look up either Thomas Aquinas’ (basically Aristotle’s ideas) or William Lane Craig’s (he uses almost every argument used for proving a God) arguments.

Here’s one of Aquinas’ arguments (Also Aristotle’s unmoved mover argument)

Jews are the only true religion. Jesus Christ was a literal jew. Christcucks literally worship Judaism. Sad!

If the elites worship Satan or moloch or whatever, that should be sufficient reasoning we are being kept in the dark and worshipping the antithesis is the correct option.

>Jews worship Satan through their greed, pride and agnostic stance (''come on goys, religion is just an exploitation system; now excuse me while I take those religious taxes from the pilgrims visiting the House of God'')
>Jesus tell them to stop fucking around with the literal devil, start repenting, to love their fellow men when they're in trouble and that their World-Conquering Messiah was a pipe-dream (All are one in the Kingdom of God; but seeing how it'll only come with the End Times...).
Then the Jews killed Him.
Yeah, sure, I'm venerating the Jews, you fucking dirt-licking dead-fucking paganfag.

Being an atheist who believes in causation but can't get past the mental asymptote of the first mover issue is unfortunate.

You either believe in or don't know (theist or agnostic); 'there is not god' is a false argument, you're just saying that causation breaks down without any evidence or using a particular religion's definition of God as a strawman.

No one really knows anything about God/first mover/master computer/unknowable simulation builder, just that causation leads to a prime source (aka God).

Good bit about some of the contemporary arguments surrounding the topic--the author critiques without advocating a position.
>archive.is/dYjFQ

Christianity is the only religion that says you cannot work your way to heaven. All people are sinners, having broken God's Law, and deserve to go to Hell.

Every other religion is self-righteous bullshit.
"At least I'm not as bad as THAT fucking guy." That mindset sends you straight to Hell.

"Where does God come from." In two minutes.
youtu.be/FyKrFmrEHvk

Correct

>He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. "Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this: 'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."

It's ok to be stupid.

>Literally ancap

>All people are sinners, having broken God's Law, and deserve to go to Hell.
>The Original Sin was paid for with having to live mortal lives breaking our backs and give birth to more children
>The cumulation of sins was paid for with the life of the Savior, and accepting Him and repenting means having your previous sins literally pulled off your soul and transfered to Jesus dying on the cross.
By living a then sinless life or actually repenting the sins you'll commit afterward before Christ at Judgement Day you'll be insured eternal life and transfiguration.
Christians don't say ''He died for our sins'' for nothing you total moron. Christianity is maybe the only religion where there IS salvation to be had. Compare to pagan tales about the afterlife for common folks who aren't godly progenitures, or the Jewish belief of ''returning unto God'' (Read: Oblivion) or be sent to Sheogh, or Islam and its cute afterlife of eternal servitude (literally sounds fucking demonic to me) to Allah (those 72 virgins? That's fucking bullshit. Only those not understanding the material composing the Kuran believe that) or being thrown into fire?
The ''mildest'' after those are hinduism and buddhism, who seek good, eternal reincarnation in every life for one and Nirvana (Read : Ascension to a higher level of consciousness that MAYBE can end the cycle of reincarnation)

>Just any good arguments in support of any sort of religion
Ontological argument

>Or any arguments against atheism
Pascal's wager.

There you go. Now you're armed and ready to obliterate those pesky atheists in an argument!

Always had a problem with Pascal's Wager since it's missing the key component that is faith.

You can't just believe in God like that, right?

It's lame, and only works if you redefine faith to include empty actions done without actual belief.
Which is directly contrary to the actual definition of faith....
Pascal got it over on some idiots and must have been laughing on the inside.