How does Sup Forums feel about Makoto Shinkai?

How does Sup Forums feel about Makoto Shinkai?

Good even though he keeps making the same fucking movie. Overrated by normalfags. Ultimately mostly forgettable

Unremarkable.

Fuckin' genius, uses digital colors to better effect than anyone in the industry.

All style no substance.

Has great taste in girls(male).

Explain Voices

I like his stuff

An hack.
In 10 years the japanese will look back at Your Name's inexplicable success with embarrassment.

One of the worst animated movies ever made. Way to prove his point.

Not him but I wish I could hate you to death.

I'll use this from now on to describe to others how I feel about his movies.

He's popular so he must be terrible.

I still haven't seen Your Name but I liked 5cm/s, Garden of Words, Voices of a Distant Star and Dareka no Manazashi.
The Place Promised in Our Early Days was incredibly dull, though. I guess he still hadn't figured out how to pace a full-length movie.

He's the richest man in the anime industry right now. Even Miyazaki got jealous.

I don't think so (richest, I mean). And Miyazaki couldn't care less about plebeians.

I've been impressed by his work since Voices of a Distant Star, but always felt there was something missing in them. Your Name was the movie of his I actually loved.

I prefer Garden of Words over Your Name.

>even though he keeps making the same fucking movie
That's not true. He has a stereotype he usually runs with, but look at Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho.
That one is completely different from his other shit.
Also, 8cm/s was an OVA series, no movie. I think Hoshi no Koe was an OVA as well.

Well, if Kimi no Na wa means that eventually more anime will make their way to Western theaters, then more power to him.

I hate him now that he is popular. That is what you wanted to hear, right?

The たつき of 2D.

I wonder how it got so popular despite looking like shit

>if Kimi no Na wa means that eventually more anime will make their way to Western theaters, then more power to him
Yes, except more anime of Shinkai only. I don't care about the quantity of anime movies that arrive in theaters here, I care about the quality.
Shinaki is popular because normalfags praise him for the aesthetic, but the stories and the characters of his movies are terribly flat.
Kimi no na wa would have worked better as a 2-cour anime probably.

Makoto Shinkai is an animating GOD.

I would literally suck his dick even though I'm not gay.

keklelxd

I really liked Hoshi no Koe for he created it basically all by himself. He's fine, it's just that most people try to make him into something he isn't and has no interest in becoming.

A sellout

One of the best thinkers of this generation.

no