For all its praise, I've gotten nothing out of this anime after 10 episodes...

For all its praise, I've gotten nothing out of this anime after 10 episodes. The characters' backstory are repetitive and predictable, the jokes are predictable and generic, the tone shifts happen far too often and in some cases -- in the worst possible moments.

Its only redeeming qualities aren't even unique redeeming qualities; its the fucking animation, art and music.

Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit.

>Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit
Convince me why I should bother doing that?
I get the vague feeling you aren't enjoying FMA, so just don't watch it. You don't need to seek affirmation from Sup Forums every time you don't enjoy something.

If you don't enjoy stop. I'd say you watch at least the first 14~15 episodes so you are up to date with the memes.

it does start slowly but i say you should still watch it
let him spend hours of his life on things he doesn't like, you faggot

>Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit
if you don't like it then don't watch it. it doesn't really get going until the twelfth episode anyways so at least give it that long.

>mainstream show glorified by newfags and normies turns out shit

Who woulda thunk

it's just a good shonen

Its babby´s first shonen OP
Dont worry the praise comes mostly from nostalgia

no, that's okay. Go watch hiatus x hiatus again like the drooling retard that you are. It's for the best, really.

>10 episodes
You actually went pretty far into it.

>Convince me why I shouldn't just rewatch Hunter x Hunter for the 22nd time over this steaming pile of shit.

You have questionable taste, but the only anime I've ever rewatched more than 3 times is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

If you're watching brotherhood you're an idiot and it's your own fault.

this

>characters' backstory are repetitive
what does this even mean?

The reason it's so well-received is that it's part of the most popular genre of anime (action/adventure), and among that genre it's one of the best paced and most complete ones, with every single major part developed to a decent extent and then taken to a proper conclusion. That is all a fact and it makes it relatively satisfying to complete.

Watch FMA 2003 instead, it's far better and closer in tone to HxH arcs like Chimera Ant and Phantom Troupe.

FMA 2003 is awful, full of absolutely retarded shit shoehorned in only for cheap shock value with no meaningful effect on character development other than repeating the same sources of suffering over and over again, and all of it is done with no regard for consistency so it's full of massive plot holes. The parts that follow the manga were much better than Brotherhood's respective parts but the rest is some of the most overrated shit ever.

2003 was about people, Brotherhood was about shounen asspulls and epic final battles. Shit sucked. Not to mention 2003 actually respected equivalent exchange

Watch it for these two. Thats what I did.

You think the show with the metaphysical mumbo jumbo and weepy hand wringing half assed morality of FMA2003 is more comparable to the Hunter x Hunter than the show with the characters dealing with the aftermath of a campaign of genocide that features a number of cast members who are freakish monsters that get over their damaged notion of humanity for pragmatic reasons?

I'd say if you don't like it by the 64th episode, you probably won't like it at all.