The only anime I've watched is pokemon when I was about 6 years old...

The only anime I've watched is pokemon when I was about 6 years old, but I just watched the first two short stories in the animatrix.

Is all anime this cool? The thing that struck me most is they actually SHOW everything. In western media when ever a character dies they just sort of lie on the gorund with their eyes closed. But the japs show them mangled with their eyes rolled back. When someone gets shot by a machine get they actually SHOW their body get ripped apart. It's disturbing, in a good way, makes you think guns are bad. Like actions actually have consequences.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/results?search_query=brazillian gun fires on its onws
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no most anime is fucking garbage

Anime as we know it has been around for over 50 years and covers nearly every genre and style you can think of.

/thread

no media is all the same

TV anime is still subject to censoring, specially those that air before prime time, the Animatrix was a movie so not only it had more budget to use but it had more liberty for graphic content. So no, not all anime is like that but there are plenty that fit that description, mostly old OVAs and movies, there are plenty of recs for that if you google a little.

Visually, no. Story wise? no

The 1980s and 1990s had more anime like this. Nowadays, ultra-violent anime arent being made anymore.

But what is true is that japanese animators really know to animate "weight".

>makes you think guns are bad

Didn't know guns were capable of pulling their own trigger.

Animatrix was a tie-in to a big budget Hollywood movie, with the segments done by some of the biggest names in anime at the time. It's like comparing some insanely popular HBO series with a generic ABC sitcom.

>DUN THREAD ON ME
>DUN TAKE MUH GUNZZZZZ
>HAFTA DEFEND MUHSELF
>VOTE DRUMPF MUH PREZ!!!

Fuck off, Americunt.

Noone is interested in your shithole of country and the devolved babaric ways of your society.

Lurk on this board and you'll see.

Holy shit, triggered

>Didn't know guns were capable of pulling their own trigger.
they are, amerilard
youtube.com/results?search_query=brazillian gun fires on its onws

i just meant that normally after watch media you end up fantasizing about living in that world and being one of the characters. after watching animatrix, you dont want to be one of the soldiers shooting the robots because they show the horrors of it

>Brazillian

>fires due to some physical force
>THE GUN IS ALIVE
lmao

Lurk for two years before posting.

>be european
>speak with an american
>say that I come from some big city
>american immediately asks me if it was safe, if one gets mugged, raped and shot etc.
>american is honestly surprised to hear that nothing of that sort actually is common-place in europe

What a shithole america must be, if people automatically assume that your fellow citizens are always out to mug, rape and shoot you if you walk the streets at night.

>your fellow citizens
niggers*

>Not having turrets that detect trespassers and automatically activate

It has all gone downhill since Cory in the House, nowadays it is all muh Japan or muh Battle Harem Fantasy

>be american
>get shot
>be european
>get ran over

This honestly sounds retarded if it is not ironic, at night you should be at your most vulnerable, Europe has plenty of areas where you wouldn't want to be at your most vulnerable, for example Germany, London do I need say more?

I found Jackie Chan adventures fun.

It is a sign of true socio-economic and civilizational progress, if your country doesnt leave you vulnerable to crime at all.

And no, Germany is extremely safe, even when taking into account those few random cases of muslim rape.

Watch Ghost in the Shell, it inspired the Matrix and the director was supposed to do a short for Animatrix but he was too busy.

I want Sup Forums cancer to leave this board.