Isekai

>Be summoned to another world
>Instantly kill everyone in the summoning room

Why is this so refreshing?

There's nothing refreshing about anything isekai.

You just havent seen enough yet. LN might as well mean Isekai at this point.

What's this one? I haven't read it.

Also the new cooking isekai where the guy just orders stuff from a magic online store seems pretty okay.

Wortenia Senki

>High school student Mikoshiba Ryouma was summoned to a different world in the middle of a war. Sensing the malice from the one who summoned him (a summoner of the O’ltormea empire), he uses his martial arts to run away, killing important people of the empire during his escape. After the escape, he rescues two twin sisters from the hands of thieves. The sisters who can use magic, swear to serve him as subordinates. Thus, Ryouma begins his journey on the path of the supreme ruler.

How can that not excite anyone!

>refreshing
>generic isekai number 84347685

wasn't there something like this?
MC gets summoned by pig tribe and kills them all

Are you being sarcastic?

Yes, and its even the same basic set up (he uses martial arts and shit). Then he decides that he wants to build a harem of 100 slave girls.

Of course

This is intereting. Shame the LN translation is dog shit though

There was also something like this where the summoners picked the short straw and summoned a bloodthirsty lunatic that slaughtered everyone in the castle because it was fun.

Now he wants to go on a murderhobo spree and start making everyone desperate enough to get good in their killing game because their techniques were shit

>isekai
>exp for killing
>harem
>adventurers guild
>mc is trained in instakill martial arts just because
>katana best weapon
Thanks for wasting my time.

Yobidasareta Satsurikusha ?

Isekai'd battle harem when ?

I just read chapter 2
This guy is an unlikable psychopath, just killing random innocents

>innocents
they are all bottom feeding aholes...

Now this sounds far more interesting than OP.
Name?

>muh katana

>Kill everyone in the room
Hardly refreshing. Go darker.

>Kill everyone in the room first
>Kill the nice shopkeeper
>Kill the cute Guild Girl
>Kill the straw adventurer archetype, take his harem, murder their vaginas, then kill the harem
>Kill time by killing more people you don't give a fuck about
>Train to kill stronger beasts by killing the soldiers that come after you
>Kill the goddess when you find her

Nip speak for Summoned Slaughterer.

Does what you described exist?

Not him but, i remember there was a manga about a demon king A-something that NTR'd the adventurer archetype from a harem and then made him into a servant

It's still shit though, lost of drama

>>exp for killing
>>harem
>>adventurers guild
>>katana best weapon
These are the worst offenders of any isekai. Why can't the japs just make a normal fantasy world?

>Japanese high schooler gets summoned to a fantasy world
>god that summoned him tells him that if anyone finds out he's from another world he will die immediately
>in reality everyone in the world is a Japanese high schooler that was summoned by god and they are all pretending to be from the fantasy world so they don't die

it isnt

You forgot the worst one
>God of cooking

What kind of normal fantasy world wouldn't have harems?

>High school student Mikoshiba Ryouma was summoned to a different world in the middle of a war.
Generic.
Understandable, gotta have conflict somewhere
>Sensing the malice from the one who summoned him (a summoner of the O’ltormea empire), he uses his martial arts to run away, killing important people of the empire during his escape
A MC that is already gud isn't as cliche as beta self insert, might be okay
> After the escape, he rescues two twin sisters from the hands of thieves.
Didn't even need to read the rest of it. Already ruined the story in the damn synopsis.

It's been 3 chapters and I still haven't seen the sisters besides like 2 pages at the start of the first chapter.

Are you gay? Cute girls make you drop manga?

It's one thing to have a harem which is bad enough.
But when you start your harem off with 2 girls at once, you know none of them are going to have character development.

That depends on how they're introduced. Saving girls from bandits doesn't put them straight into the love interest category unless the author's going for that. And again, why is the character development of eye candy supporting cast that important?

Name any of these isekai stories that don't bring in cute girls almost immediately.

Cute girls by themselves aren't bad, but their presence always seems for the purpose of pandering and/or moe. Can't ever have a protag be on his own or at least team up with 'regular' girls, they gotta be slaves or prestigious adventurers or some other cookie cutter role.

I don't disagree, but that's nowhere near enough to make a manga bad. I'm sure this isekai will be bad for a number or reasons, but eye candy can't possibly be a remotely major one.

Why should be bother with two random girls? Is there any more reason other than that they are cute girls?

>Saving girls from bandits doesn't put them straight into the love interest category unless the author's going for that
>Saving girls from bandits doesn't put them straight into the love interest category unless the author's going for that
Who are you trying to fool?

Ah, not the guy who said they would drop it, just thinking that one of the biggest warning signs of these is bringing in random cute girls 'just because'.

I want that

Dungeon Defense

First girl hates the MC for most of the first two volumes. Is actively trying to kill/enslave him at the beginning
Second girl rapes the MC multiple times. Also tries to kill him.

You don't need another reason.

None. But so what?

I don't know man, token cute grills aren't exactly uncommon in general manga of varied levels of quality. My point was simply that it's an odd reason to pick to suddenly decide a manga is shit.

>Guy in peaceful japan is capable of mass murder with his bare hands at the drop of a hat

How mentally ill was this dude.

He was wrestling bears.

>Name any of these isekai stories that don't bring in cute girls almost immediately.

I'm sure there's something out there, but I doubt it's translated.

I can only think of one isekai that doesn't instantly bring in the waifus off the top of my head, but it's Chinese.

Trust Koreans to out-isekai the Japanese.

>but it's Chinese.
That's even worse, it brings in powerlevel faggotry.

That's hardly equivalent to murdering humans in cold blood. I'm not questioning his combat strength, I'm questioning his mental capacity to murder people by the dozens.

Well I mean if they're trying to summon someone to use as a weapon in war this guy fits the bill.

>Name any of these isekai stories that don't bring in cute girls almost immediately.
Raising Children While Being an Adventurer

If it was a cute girl doing the murdering you'd love it.
You complain about generic faggots but once you put in someone nondescript with actual issues it's a problem?

What do you even want?

Name 10 manga that don't bring in cute girls almost immediately.

I don't have a problem with the current setup of the story as I see it from the manga (skilled high schooler becomes a murderer as he escapes the people who summoned him), but going from that to 'rescues and takes in cute girls' doesn't seem to be two things I'd expect from the same character. Maybe they will set it up in a non-contrived way in which he does want to take them in for some reason.

You can only choose between waifu faggotry or powerlevel faggotry.

Even the chinks out-isekai the Japanese. All the nip isekai is isekai for no reason. They just make it isekai so you can self insert easier.

Waifu it is, there's enough powerlevel faggotry in shonen.

Does it count if the MC is a cute girl(spider)?

>If it was a cute girl doing the murdering you'd love it.
So the best you can do is strawman?

Just because the guy isn't a generic beta doesn't mean his characterization isn't garbage. There's more than one type of garbage.

>I don't have a problem with the current setup
I think isekai in general sets the bar low enough to not make stuff like this a "problem", but you have to admit a 16-year old murdering half a dozen people with his bare hands, some which were innocent and not even resisting, is pretty questionable characterization. We're not talking about a veteran soldier here.

How is Kumo not a cute girl?

Well, she's the only one around. Does it count if it's only the MC?

>Super-edgy writer that tells kids that their dog is gonna die someday.

The bar is really low when talking about isekai, isn't?

What's wrong with an adventurers guild?

You do realize that is incredibly easy right? Not only are there a decent amount of shounen that fit the criteria (like HxH) there is a LOT of seinen that also does.

Superior nippon martial arts! At least they gave it away at the very start so I get to drop it before I waste too much time on onanistic bullshit. A character that faces no real challenges makes for a very dull story.

The only possible challenge this guy might face is another summoned person, but it seems like those people are enslaved from the start and will be hindered by that.

Magic might have been useful against him but his harem apparently can use magic. So they are going to be the obvious counter to the one thing that would have any effect on him.

Maybe I'm just fortunate, but I haven't read many real sausagefest manga.

>The concept of an isekai allows you to pick LITERALLY ANY KIND OF SETTING YOU CAN POSSIBLY CONCEIVE OF
>"So ours is a generic fantasy that's kind of like a video game except not

I don't understand. They're given every opportunity to show at least the bare minimum amount of creativity, but can't even muster that.

He's not exactly unjustified.

Well there's a lot of series that have female characters but they aren't nothing but a cute fanservice girls. Like Monster, BLAME!, Dorohedoro, Mushishi, etc.

Guy's built like a rock.

I can give killing the people in the room a pass, because they were hostile. But he snapped that kid doctor's neck like he was squashing a bug.

It's not plausible characterization for a 16 year old kid no matter what martial arts training he has.

Are you saying you didn't have the hots for Mito?

>go into isekai thread
>more than half of the posts are about people complaining
Every thread. I wonder when they will get tired of it

Is there any way to make an isekai that isn't shit, Sup Forums?

There are already at least 2.

I dislike how like half of every chapter is skills.

I hear there's some justification for there being an RPG system in this world. But just because you have justification for taking a shit in a public pool, doesn't mean you should do it.

Sure. There's a few that are decent now, and many that were great before.

It's be easier if they didn't all follow the same masticated formula these days though.

Think about the situation, he's a wanted man and probably set to execution if found, why would he leave a witness in the middle of the damn castle?

Going full edgelord isn't an improvement.

You are free to discuss about the things you like about isekai and ignore complaining, though.

Instead of making a power fantasy, make a comfy adventure about exploring another world.

Then I would be just talking to myself

Allows crap writers to skip world building. It's hard to build a steampunk or cyberpunk or vaporwave world from scratch, but say "Dragon Quest world" and everyone knows what it'll be like.

Does Now And Then, Here And There count as isekai?

You forgot:
>Self references isekai cliches.
That's how you can really tell the market has been oversaturated.

Its a dumbass idea for fantasy that only works in video games as a convenient mechanic for the player character.

Hell, remove the demon king altogether. Just have the MC travel the world and explore.

I want an isekai with the following:
>main character isn't the only one summoned, people passing over are a known phenomenon
>the character can't speak/write the local language
>the character doesn't have a unique/special power
>it isn't a harem
>they don't shoehorn RPG stat blocks into it

Does Master Hunter K count as isekai?

I recommend Dungeon Seeker. As of Volume 3 he has no Harem yet.

I want a story about an averagely average dude doing average things and in no way must have anything but non-average friends with average personalities, or a step sister(that's not average), nor must he be skilled in one or a few things since that's not average at all and he must spend his entire life filled with divorces and breakups because that's average and he must die an average death

tl;dr I want a normalfag.

Go die.

But without the "Defeat the demon king" dragon quest plot, they'll have to come up with sometging original and that's beyond the writing abilities of most of these writers.

Because he's a 16-year old japanese boy, not solid fucking snake.

you're over exaggerating, he just prefers to use a weapon he's accustomed with in his training than other swords he hasn't used before

>tfw wrote a novel
>tfw realized my novel is isekai
what do I do Sup Forums?

"No witnesses." Isn't an excuse for murder. What if he ran into a group of children during his escape? Would he be justified in killing them?

As long as you had fun writing it, it doesn't matter.

Right now way too many amateur writers publish their works on the internet and people consume them without any criteria or standard, making them great hits. I think the only way for this to change is for these writers to move to a new topic.

But I prefer solid snake.

Also he's not fucking average, guy's built like a tank and his teacher trains him with real fucking weapons.

Give us a summary. We'll tell you if it's good.

realize that you'll never get a good artist to do illustrations and nobody will care about your work

Shit taste is never refreshing it stinks