/xpi/ Christianity General

Christ is born!
Anyone care to justify the Filioque?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfZEVNUtrpET3mAQIRqHnoF8F3vfRm9UZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Texts such as John 20:22 ("He breathed on them and said: Receive the Holy Spirit"), were seen by Fathers of the Church, especially Athanasius of Alexandria, Cyril of Alexandria and Epiphanius of Salamis as grounds for saying that the Spirit "proceeds substantially from both" the Father and the Son.[11] Other texts that have been used include Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:9, Philippians 1:19, where the Holy Spirit is called "the Spirit of the Son", "the Spirit of Christ", "the Spirit of Jesus Christ", and texts in the Gospel of John on the sending of the Holy Spirit by Jesus (14:16, 15:26, 16:7).[10] Revelation 22:1 (possibly written by John, who identifies the Water of Life as the Holy Spirit in John 7:39) states that the river of the Water of Life in Heaven is "flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb" (the Lamb is Christ, cf. John 1:29), which may be interpreted as the Holy Spirit proceeding from both the Father and the Son.

Convinced the boys to celebrate serbian christmas this year. Going to try to make it an annual thing :3

*steals your culture*

So the spirit precedes from the Apostles too?

Guys check out my ultimate spiritual playlist (You have to copy whole link in bar)

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfZEVNUtrpET3mAQIRqHnoF8F3vfRm9UZ

Is that brown lookin one the Serb?

guy is half BASED black man so feel free to make fun of us

Why don’t you just convert?

Personally im not a very spiritual person but one of my fall back plans is to join an orthodox church and find a nice trad gf if i can't find a tolerable American girl before i get too old.

Don’t let it be a fall back plan, there’s plenty of American converts. However your motivations should be of truth seeking not trying to wife someone with the same worldview.

Christianity is for exoteric imbeciles, the bible is not supposed to be taken you half wits, it is a masonic cipher stupid niggers

It's about getting saved, not being "spiritual". Orthodoxy is the last thing you want to do if you want to get saved... but if you want to be "spiritual" and "mysterical" I guess go right ahead.

That’s why you get excommunicated for being a Mason in the Orthodox Church.
Nordicuck pls go

It's pretty simple if you're not retarded. The Spirit proceeds from the Father. The Son IS the Father (one in essence and inseperable) therefore the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son

I am orthodox btw. We don't say the filioque because the Roman church didn't have authority to change the creed without an ecumenical council, but only the most severe autists actually think the filioque is theologically unsound

C Poждecтвoм, бpaтья вo Хpиcтe!

When you are heretic you like to mess with dogmatic stuff and all, there's nothing to justify.

anyone of you christian anons ever wear crosses?

Definitely not always around my neck cause it’s a safety hazard at work apparently but I keep it in me in some capacity.

>rosary ring on my middle finger
>lil rosary in my wallet from when my babcia gave it to me literally a week before she passed
of course, negro

>of course, negro
o-ok?

Semitic religion of all kinds is cancer.

"im white"

user pls

is this your first time on pol or something?

The theology behind it was believed by some church fathers and the Greek church as "through the son" because the Latin word procedit is different from the Greek word used in the creed meaning having its ultimate source from

It does not mean that the Holy Spirit has two seperate sources from the father and the son. But the Holy Spirit has his source from the father and that the son as a result shares in the procession as one principle and one spiration.

But did the Pope have authority to make said changes to something decided on ecumenically?

Good News! We are at the bottom of the feet at last. God's Kingdom ruled by King Jesus Christ is up next. You guys are living in exciting times.

>(Daniel 2:44) “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

PIC RELATED

>(Daniel 2:45) forasmuch as you beheld that out of the mountain a stone was cut not by hands, and [that] it crushed the iron, the copper, the molded clay, the silver and the gold. The grand God himself has made known to the king what is to occur after this. And the dream is reliable, and the interpretation of it is trustworthy.”

>(Isaiah 28:16) therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “Here I am laying as a foundation in Zion a stone, a tried stone, the precious corner of a sure foundation. No one exercising faith will get panicky.

>(Daniel 2:34) You kept on looking until a stone was cut out not by hands, and it struck the image on its feet of iron and of molded clay and crushed them.

CONTINUED...

>(Psalm 118:22) The stone that the builders rejected Has become the head of the corner.

>(Romans 9:33) as it is written: “Look! I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling and a rock-mass of offense, but he that rests his faith on it will not come to disappointment.”

>(1 Peter 2:6) For it is contained in Scripture: “Look! I am laying in Zion a stone, chosen, a foundation cornerstone, precious; and no one exercising faith in it will by any means come to disappointment.”

>(Luke 20:17) But he looked upon them and said: “What, then, does this that is written mean, ‘The stone which the builders rejected, this has become the chief cornerstone’?

>(Acts 4:11) This is ‘the stone that was treated by YOU builders as of no account that has become the head of the corner.’

>(1 Corinthians 3:11) For no man can lay any other foundation than what is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

>(Ephesians 2:20) and YOU have been built up upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone.

Pic related. The stone that you see in Daniel destroying all the kingdom of the world starting at the bottom of the feet is the same cornerstone of God's Kingdom: Jesus Christ. Jesus himself, along with an army of angels, will come down here and execute all evil doers in the world. The West will not be conquered by another human empire. It will be conquered by Christ himself. How long until imminent empire collapse(politically, socially, economically) and another human empire can take over? Many anons here have helped me narrow this down to 20-30 years.

Do you know what happens next?

The primary theme of Jesus ministry wasn't salvation and it wasn't repentance. It was God's Kingdom.

>(Matthew 4:23) Then he went around throughout the whole of Gali·lee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the good news of the kingdom and curing every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity among the people.

>(Matthew 4:17) From that time on Jesus commenced preaching and saying: “Repent, YOU people, for the kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.”

>(John 18:36) Jesus answered: “My kingdom is no part of this world. If my kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be delivered up to the Jews. But, as it is, my kingdom is not from this source.”

The model prayer

>(Matthew 6:9, 10) “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.

>(Matthew 6:33) “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU.

The entire theme of Jesus is his father's Kingdom being the solution to all lives problems.

The verses all there imply that a heavenly regime will invade earth and wipe out all disobedient mankind. Pic related, the earth will be transformed into a beautiful paradise where all of you will live there and not visit there. You will all be physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually perfect. No defects of any kind. No sickness, no old age, no mental disorders, no crime, violence, fear and no death.

>(Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.

is White Nationalism and Christianity compatible?

yup, which is proven conclusively by leviticus 21:14, ezekiel 44:22 and 2 chronicles 22. but your average christian don't even know what these books are about let alone read them.

the bible is a nationalist book that wants people to live separated in the countries and nations that God alloted them. globalism is what satan is doing in the end-times. then he'll unite humanity and everyone will believe that he's God. even the atheists will believe.

Jews literally worship Saturn. God is just moloch. You pseudo kikes worship a god that demands child sacrifice.

Finns det några ''nationalistiska kyrkor'' I Sverige? Svenska kyrkan vet vi båda hur illa det är med dem

Nationalistic book? xD Ahahahaha 0/10

can't you just reply like a normal person or something

Jesus Christ is consubstantial with God the Father meaning they are one being. Anything that proceeds from one also proceeds from the other. I think it is a shame that Christians let this minor semantic point about divide us. Three fact is that Jesus told us that Peter would be the rock that his church was built on and the Roman Catholic Church is the church of St. Peter.

bumping for jesus