Why is Hyouka so boring?

Why is Hyouka so boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FUNimation/status/853036414820384768
youtube.com/watch?v=oSzebt5uXuU
youtube.com/watch?v=hKpZvO0j6RI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Your to stupid to follow it

For me it's because the mysteries have no stakes that I give a fuck about.

I want all those toes on my dick

>tfw to inteligent to fall for bait

Pleb filter working as intended. All hail Kyoto Animation and Oreki "Thundercock" Hotarou.

Sounds like you were watching it for the plot and not to just jack off to the girls.

My wife on the left

My mistress on the left.

>your
>to

Both of you are retarded.

Me on the left

>Pleb filter
This meme again.
Awkward dialogue does not make a series good especially when all they do is talk.

The mystery solving aspect is boring and the extravagant visuals come across as a desperate gimmick to keep the audience interested

"mysteries" dont are really mysteries
Oreki monologues
Chitada personality
slow pacing

>Why is...

So... you're curious?

There's nothing wrong with that sentence

Stay the fuck away from my soulmate you shits

How would that sound in real life if you said that to a person you just met? How would they react? They would think you were full autistic.

This is Sup Forums retard not "real life". That's as stupid as saying that we should be speaking Chinese because nobody in China would understand us if we spoke English to them.

Nobody in fiction talks the same way as people in real life. If you actually pay attention during English movies you'll see how awkward the dialog would be in real life.

Quoting the wrong guy..?

He's speaking figuratively as a joke to their dynamic as friends

That's still a retarded line even by anime standards. That's not a huge problem when it's only a few quotes here and there but iirc he does this database bullshit a lot of times and so does Oreki.

How many times are you going to post this one fucking screencap?

As many times you defend it as a masterpiece. It has good animation and good character development but its not without its flaws. I tried rewatching it and couldn't get past the first episode.

what part of this was a joke

Too much database and too much saving energy.

I wasn't arguing for it being a masterpiece and I don't even think it's KyoAni's best, just that I think you hammer on the awkward "database" dialogue (which can at least be partially explained as an in-joke among friends).

My favorite episode of the series is actually the one where Oreki and Chitanda are alone and inventing an explanation for an after-school announcement. Reminds me of some of the shit I did in high school electives.

Boring as fuck edgy self-insert main character.
I want to have sexual relations with both of the main girls, though.

>criticizing dialogue with screenshots of subtitles
Just go back to the zzz meme please.

maybe they shouldn't have made the writing so terrible if they didn't want people making fun of it

that was a good one

>screenshot
yes it can you mongrel learn SQL

see

That was fucking bullshit and the world bent to Oreki's whims.

They don't even kiss or nothing at the end, wasted all my fucking time on this shit.

Pic unrelated.

It's too subtle for Sup Forums. They prefer endless monologues like Disappearance of Haruhi.

Maybe they're not joking, but it's really nothing but a fun attempt at comparing their personalities to each other. Its hard to detect because they're not overly laughing, but I do that all the time with my friends, as in comparing them to animals and objects or whatever.

Haruhi is far more subtle than Hyouka can ever hope to be. Better too.

See what I mean? Basic proof right here.

That's some Oreki-tier levels of logic right there.

I was with it until they 'solved' the name. Then it went bad.

twitter.com/FUNimation/status/853036414820384768

Ugghh! Why?! All KyoAni dubs are terrible!

Why do you care either way?

The Haruhi dub was passable. The rest are horror shows, the worst of all being K-On.

youtube.com/watch?v=oSzebt5uXuU

Best scene was that bathhouse nape scene. I can't remember the context.

I'd post it, but the mods are deleting anything even slightly lewd tonight.

>Funimation
They better have Sabat voicing Chitanda

Working as intended.

Different dubbing companies. Funimation dubs are usually good for dub standards.

People like this is why every ace attorney case is a murder mystery instead off something actually different and interesting for once.

Fuck. Should I just drop it then?

It's a mystery show where the mysteries are the worst part. Everytime the show focuses on the characters it gets very good and I was enjoying it at the end. Sadly it doesn't make you forget about the boring episodes where nothing fucking happens, all those idiotic riddles and logic leaps.

dubbing kyoani shows should be illegal.
youtube.com/watch?v=hKpZvO0j6RI

tfw no chitanda gf

Reminder that the best epsidoe was the one with the counterfeiting bills.

>a slice of life anime is boring because it's slow and nothing happens
???

Lurk more

I liked it. Better than the new gay girls in a band by KyoAni (not the 2009 one). Threads like these reminds of the days it was airing and all the shit it got.

It was kind of boring and it is the best thing Kyoto Animation has ever done.

All these boring colors and unnecessary animation. How can people watch this?

>dub
nah im good senpai

>best thing Kyoto Animation has ever done.

>Haruhi exists

>lets have an episode where we search a pool for an earring that is not missing because we are scared of some dude

Hyouka is best KyoAni girl.

Prove me wrong.

>lets have an epsiode where we do nothing but waste the summer
>let's do it 7 more times

I think Clannad : After Story (now available on Netflix) was much cuter

I can go back and forth between Disappearance and Hyouka as best they've done. Haruhi in general is an extremely close second, but Endless Eight is essentially performance art and can either be disregarded in full or held as a near-transendential masterpiece. I disregard, thus Hyouka gets the nod.

Hyouka was pure anime kino tho

Hyouka is still the best looking TV show ever made.
And Kill Me Baby is still more entertaining.

Hyouka fans confirmed as dirty crossboarders.

>he didn't understand endless 8

How's stupid town?

Who said I didn't understand it?

i'm tired of everyone talking E8 this E8 that when there's so much more nice stuff in Haruhi (Someday in the Rain, for starters)

>>lets have an epsiode where we do nothing but waste the summer
You did right there.

>>let's do it 7 more times
And then you did it again.

This was not a long time ago.

Are you implying that they did not waste the summer away, and that endless 8 was not 8 episodes long?

I think it's nice Hyouka's being compared to Haruhi. The only good shows KyoAni has.

I like both but I'd say Kyoani has other good shows although maybe not as much (Eupho1, Nichijou, K-on2, Clannad2)

It's just that since they make the same shit every year (and only awful stuff since a few years ago) people start shitting on them

Endless 8 is the anime equivalent of a practical joke.
If Hyouka is boring, it sure wasn't on purpose.

How does one go about living in this world being so basic that they are not only incapable of understanding E8 but when called out on the matter respond with such shallow nonsense?

>Are you implying that they did not waste the summer away

Yes

>and that endless 8 was not 8 episodes long

>This is what he takes from my statement

This man.

Yeah but there's too much that isn't that good really. If they got to the better parts of the series then yeah I might put it above Hyouka.

Sure you have God-tier stuff like Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, but then stuff like the entire Sigh arc is weak as hell. And while I really have no problem with endless 8 and think it's great I still wouldn't put it above anything in Hyouka.

I often forget Nichijou is KyoAni because of how different it is to their same shit syndrome. Dragon maid was actually pretty good, although for the wrong reasons I'm ashamed to admit.

Okay, you're saying absolutely nothing and this conversation is going nowhere. When you're wrong just admit it instead of wasting people's time.

I'd put anything in S1 other than that cricket episode above most Hyouka eps.
Sighs isn't as weak as people make it out to be. It starts slows but gets very interesting at the middle. On the other hand I find Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody kinda overrated, I don't even know if it'd be in my top 5 Haruhi episodes.

Haruhi is one of the worst Kyoani shows, aged horribly.

>When you're wrong just admit it instead of wasting people's time.
Now he gets it.

Most of the shows during the early 2000s didn't age well. S2 aged pretty well despite it being similar to K-on design.

Your mother said that about you too

Designs aged weirdly. You'd have some really good looking episodes like Live Alive and then you'd find yourself looking at 140% CLANNAD EYES UGUU
S2 solved that although it did add some K-onisms.

Bamboo Leaf gets overrated because is the first episode of S2 (premiers are habitually overrated) and because of how important it is to the story. Its alright, but it isn't the best episode.
I still think Hyouka is better when taken as a whole.

Hyouka > Koe no Katachi > K-On!! > Nichijou > Tamako Love Story > K-On movie > Eupho > Disappearance > Eupho 2 > Maid Dragon > High Speed > Tamako Market > K-On! > Lucky Star > Haruhi > After Story > Fumoffu > Second Raid > Amagi > Haruhi 2 > Chuunibyou > Kanon > Clannad > Free 2 > Free > Air > Phantom World > Kyoukai no Kanata

Is Kyokai no Kanata that bad? It's been on my backlog for ages, should I just give up on it?

To each his own I guess? Wow, I don't think I'd ever find myself saying that on Sup Forums.

Seems about right, but Maid Dragon that high? Worst show I've watched in a while.
I finally got around to watching it last year. Doesn't do anything particularly well or poorly. Not good, not bad, it just kind of is.

I really hated Sigh, almost made me drop the books too.
I had more to say about the episodes, but I think I agree. But the thing is like that guy said, Hyouka is better than Haruhi when taken as a whole series, though I do also think on an individual episode basis, Haruhi is could win out. To be fair I've read and watched Haruhi like 3 times altogether, and I've only seen Hyouka once so it's kinda not equal. But yeah I think Hyouka had a much better narrative than Haruhi, though on an individual episode basis, Haruhi is more fun I guess. I guess it was the character development.

Eh, I'd make a few minor adjustments, but the overall idea and grouping seems pretty correct.

But where's Munto?

Its ok. Better than the average anime but not really on par with KyoAni's other shows. Nice soundtrack, good animation (though expected), some fun/funny moments. It had a pretty bad gimmick involving the color palette of each episode. Avoid the movie. Its complete fan fiction tier