Honest opinion of bakabt?

Honest opinion of bakabt?

It was the best place to download most anime. Now I think I will move to AB because building ratio on Bakabt is pain. They accept things too slow even if you offer obivously best stuff out there.

The only place for old and obscure animu for me, now I can only watch new shit from nyaa

Request reseeds on nyaa.

Do they have same seeding point system as Jpopsuki? I'm always seeding some torrents (like 100 on Jpopsuki) but since it's completely random if people download some shit then even with high speed upload I send only like 10-50MB per month so the "points for time seeding torrents" is a fantastic system. Does BakaBT have the same system? If no then… well, shit, since I've been downloading tons of stuff and seeding it for long time too yet with BakaBT I never uploaded a byte. Wasn't logged in so thay may be the reason why.

Poor man's AB

AB lacks screenshots, it is a major flaw.

?

>AB lacks screenshots
You can upload them yourself. It's just not as strongly enforced.

BakaBT lacks of torrents.

Great for any archival anime.

What is AB?

I rarely used it because I only follow the current season's shows, having already seen most of the worthwhile old anime before 2010.

But when I did use BakaBT, it was really good. It reminded me of an honest AnimeSuki. AnimeSuki back in the day hosted illegal torrents but the forum was filled with hypocritical faggots who would deny wrongdoing. At least BakaBT's community was honest about what they were doing and didn't give no fucks.

Jews finally killed them and that's a tragedy. Jews hate us poorfags.

you wouldn't be admitted anyway, they require a full biometric scan these days

I'm registered on so many websites I don't even recall some of these.
So, what is AB, already?

not relevant anymore.

Don't you need an invite for AB?

anonbittorent

animebytes

Anta Baka, originally an Asuka fanclub, nowadays a private tracker

Prioritizes bloated multi-audio releases over single audio and worships Funimation. I can see why neo-Sup Forums liked them.

>animebytes
oh YES, that, thx

anibaka

It's a shitty website that no one uses because they don't allow people to make accounts, so the extremely few people who do use it brag about how amazing it is knowing that you can't actually check for yourself whether they tell the truth or not.

Yeah I am there, and it's amazing, like I got Welcome to the NHK in 1080p. Unbelievable, right?

>muh bloat
Let me guess, you hate coalgirls.

>Prioritizes bloated multi-audio releases over single audio and worships Funimation.

The Funimation dicksucking was choreographed so they wouldn't get DMCA'd.

Stop shilling AB to retards who couldn't figure it out on their own, thanks.

It's not like they will be able to flood the place afterwards.

Anime Baits

It's a troll don't believe anyone.

There's nothing to shill. Apps are closed and will be closed for a good while and people have gotten wary of randomly inviting retards on Sup Forums thanks to certain faggots like nekrololita.

>mfw just went to look at the site and they disabled my account
>can't be for inactivity and I've done nothing wrong, good ratio longtime member
I hope their support resolves this peacefully.

There's 15 thousand people.
What did he do?

OOH 15 THOUSAND PEOPLE HOW IMPRESSIVE

AB staff said in the BakaBT thread that the support/recovery channel on IRC got spammed with tons of people wanting to regain access to their account, but none got theirs back because all of them where disabled either for cheating and H&R's. Those who seed and respect the private tracker atmosphere are already on AB, and those currently trying to get in due to BBT's won't get accepted either way.

While I dislike Sup Forums's lazy mindset surrounding torrenting, it is worth mentioning that anime piracy has never been closer to collapse than ever before. The only real "strongholds" left are nyaa+HS, which are pretty much one identity.

Is it ever coming back?

Also I have a shit ratio, is it even worth fixing?

Seems like too much work especially when I only have a handful of old anime I want to download.

>that anime piracy has never been closer to collapse than ever before
How sooo?

What about TT?

Can someone explain to me what on earth happened to anime subbing and torrenting? It's all gone to shit these past few years. It can't all be because crunchyroll.

>extremy few people
They had applications open for ages and it was easy as fuck to get in. Even my irl friends that watched like 10 anime were able to get in. If you never got an account it's nobodies fault but your own.

>What did he do?
By being the worst of Sup Forums, /r9k/, /lgbt/ and /x/ combined. I'm talking a tranny who is delusional and believe singularity is just around the corner and in our lifetime and hopes for singularity to save him because he refuse to take responsibility for his own life, goes on about lol weed is a wonder drug lmao, muh reality ain't real, massive drama queen who calls everyone who mocks his singularity dream a pessimist even though he's constantly talking about suicide and attempted suicides and throwing hissy fits over people making fun of him on Sup Forums (mainly Sup Forums's ptg threads though there's spillovers from Sup Forums as well).

Basically, take the most pathetic of Sup Forums's ronery threads and the worst of crazy tranny stereotypes.

>that anime piracy has never been closer to collapse than ever before
>The only real "strongholds" left are nyaa+HS
Not really no. You'll be surprised by how the russians, gooks and chinks are archiving stuff as well.

That's why I hate those idiots who cheer everytime something like this happens, because normalfags get BTFO or bullshit like that.
Any pirating site is good for us just by existing, just by being a possible source in case something happens, that very much includes streaming sites.
We don't have to use them, but the more material is distributed, the better. Minor sites dying, usually due lack of support is one thing, but any major death is dangerous, especially if pressure from content providers is to blame: it gives them victories and makes them look way more powerfull than they are, which might scare others into giving up, too. BakaBT were idiots for going private, considering nyaa exists.
And AB might die tomorrow for some reason, things like that happened, what will those cheering faggots do then?
The more the better, but there have been very few new big piracy groups in the last few years.

There was no reason, because options existed that didn't require application.
It's actually understandable most people never tried.

I look at his post history and the first thing I see is an apology for real life pedofilia. Sheesh. Now I'm scared of inviting people from here. On a side note, do you know if inviting Sup Forumsnons is a bannable offense?

>do you know if inviting Sup Forumsnons is a bannable offense?
Technically, the rules already said you shouldn't invite through public sites. But traditionally, they don't give a fuck with people flat out saying they've done so. Can't say about now.

Probably better to wait until the BakaBT craze died down.

Pretty much.

With that said though, BBT isn't necessarily going private. The current downtime is mainly them changing servers, presumably to one not in US/some other country that doesn't give a shit.

Hah, no chance in hell.
Because why scare the users like that?
Just take it down for a while, say on twitter you're changing servers because of the reasons and be back within days/a week, and all with little drama.
No, they're real.

No opinion since I can't download off them.

>You'll be surprised by how the russians, gooks and chinks are archiving stuff as well.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that stuff is lost, there will always be people who archive high quality encodes and raw's. The real difficulty is to centralize seeders around a public platform so that everyone profits from it while remaining immune to DCMA and co.

Torrents and especially magnet links make it possible to keep data alive without retaining availability of a single site, which is a huge advantage over traditional online piracy, though as the past has shown us with the first incarnation of the pirate bay, kat.cr etc. that seeders leave non-site bound torrents simply because the community was destroyed.

Small sites can't carry all the weight, and the community surrounding piracy (not just anime) is very centralized, more so as we would wish.

AB is actually medium/high size when it comes to private tracker size. I wouldn't call it a small at all.

xdcc bots have been the same shit for 25 years, what are you even talking about? the only thing is newsgroups died and torrents become the main thing people use.

>xdcc bots have been the same shit for 25 years
Good luck getting anything from bots when they get 1000x the ususal traffic.

xdcc, samba, ddl and other centralized ftp-based piracy options only work with small groups of leachers since costs can easily go out of hand for the hoster.

10+ year ago the amount of people depending on XDCC etc. was so small that this was never an issue.

Basically this

That still doesn't mean it's
>has never been closer to collapse than ever before

How many years of enjoying anime do we have left? Amazon and Steam got enough money to kill places like hs or nyaa.

Technically it is, doesn't mean it's imminent.
There's certainly a trend I don't like at all: way too few subbing groups, a major torrent source essentially dying for everyone, streaming sites being more worthless than ever before, direct downloads being dead, AB not having applications and so on.

>upload speed is abysmal
>can't seed
Just end me

I used it a little before I got invited into AB, It's useful but you have so many alternative these days so I don't know why everyone is overreacting to them going Private.

Sure, I get why people never bothered applying. But then they shouldn't go around saying shit like
>you can't actually check for yourself whether they tell the truth or not
and trying to paint AB like some super secret hard to get into club when it's not.

>streaming sites
usually I stream two or three episodes to see if it's worth watching, then I download - and back in the day, before I knew about torrents and before I visited Sup Forums, I streamed everything.
And they have become fucking lazy: no updates to BD-releases, even if they're uncensored, over-reliance on one or two players, with videos usually having only one, dead vids everywhere and no one giving a fuck about reports.
Remember animecrazy? They died in 2013.
After megaupload died in 2011 or so they replaced all megaupload-streams within a few days, and they used them for half of their shows. Last streaming site I used for more than getting myself a sample. Such dedication doesn't exist anymore.

There is no technically because your trends are bullshit. There's fewer sub groups because we have more official sources now. Torrent sites come and go, it's nothing new. Illegal stream sites become more worthless because legal streams are more common. Pirates are still ripping from official sources so you're still getting your free shows.

Direct downloads aren't dead, you just don't know where to look for the replacements. AB having no applications is due to their current capacity met. Again, nothing new, they've closed and then open when they are able to increase capacity.

Stop scaremongering, for fuck's sake.

>you have so many alternative these days
No, that's the point.

>trying to paint AB like some super secret hard to get into club when it's not.
Well, it's now.

Sent ;)

I actually do wish you're right in every aspect.
But I'm pessimistic by nature, so I can not hope. Things are getting worse on the internet, for years now.

> it is worth mentioning that anime piracy has never been closer to collapse than ever before.

Only for dumb anglos

>can't be for inactivity
Are you sure? If you don't log in for 10 weeks it's considered inactivity, no matter if you seed or not.

It isn't, really. Mods still turn a blind eye to people asking for invites on public forums as long as you're not being stupid (i.e. use temp email to exchange your real email, wait a while after getting the invite to sign up etc).

Why, thank you.
Time for some hitting, followed by some running!

No you can't. Try and find old anime with good seeds, you won't.

Everyone who doesn't speak spanish or ching chong chung.
The Ching Chongs could be crashed anytime, most spaniard countries don't give any fucks, however.

Even the biggest idiot should see by now that torrenting is a thing of the past. Soon, illegal streaming will be the only option left until that is bombarded as well, leaving only "legal" shit left like CR and fucking Amazon.

>Even the biggest idiot should see by now that torrenting is a thing of the past.
6/10

Well, I, for one, don't invite almost anyone from Sup Forums in the AB threads because most beg like fucking curries. When they put at least a minimum effort in their begging or try to negotiate with ratios using fake mails it's much more tempting to invite. Don't be a beggar, be a street performer.

>be a pleb who can't find torrents
>"N-no! Torrenting is a thing of the past"
That's some mightily sour grapes.

>Implying there's anything wrong with pedophilia

Hey, gimme an invite, or I break your legs!

What if I want to watch old anime now?

Just because the epik sekrit club you use to measure you e-peen in threads such as these is going down it doesn't mean torrenting is dead.

Instead of relying on fat neets to keep your trackers up, you should like the grown ups and move on to decentralized communities, which won't go down because an idiot was threatened.

>decentralized communities
But I don't know what they are.

You can upload them yourself and get 400 yen for the first 20 screenshots upload to a release.

Before you didn't even need to download and be seeding a series to do so,you could just download something from nyaa or bakabt,take screenshots and proceed to not seed the series but they changed it recently.

The only community you need is AB and if you have a minimal level of intelligence you can get in in less than a week.

>I-it's okay guys there are other options they can't even BEGIN to destroy. Muh torrents will never die like PB, never ever

Shame on you.

>begging in every thread
>minimal level of intelligence
seems about right

lots of really obscure old shit was never even uploaded there

You do realize torrent sites getting replaced is nothing new right? Sites don't matter, the content does and as far as public trackers go, PB going down didn't matter. A bunch of other sites sprang up and took its place. It's how it's always been.

But sure, keep being retarded. People who aren't you will keep downloading while you keep spouting stupid shit.

>t. don't understand how torrents work

Nice argument, Sup Forumsermin. Torrenting has been alive longer than you, and these threads are nothing but begging centers for concerned retards unable to do anything on their own.

>That pompous self-important wealth of shit you wrote
>Basically TL;DR people act like beggars for private trackers
Gee you don't say, retard. Half of you private tracker using retards always sound like the most pretentious of the bunch like you're special for using one. The same type of faggotry and self-importance from What.CD is what led to Sup Forums becoming the tripfag infested liberal shithole it is now, and I'd rather not see the same shit happen to Sup Forums.
Fuck off.

Baka for older shows.
Nyaa for newer shows.

we fan fix that

You're not getting anywhere with that attitude, dear.

Not anymore, shill

Only private one I can get animu is BTN. I can't find AB invites on the power user forums so I don't bother.

I've got 3 AB invites

Funny how the so-called elitism attitude immediately gets dropped when it's turned against you.