Forced drama: the film

>forced drama: the film
All the Sup Forumsnons who said this film was better than kimi no na wa have the worst taste.

Is there a torrent yet?

Not that I'm aware of, saw it in theatres.

Can you give me a good reason why was it better ?
I was excited for kimi no nawa for the body switch but it was just quick amv. The rest of the film is boring with wishful thinking ending.
I haven't watch koe no kotachi yet, but The manga made me cried.

read the manga yesterday and found it pretty average besides some strong scenes, the ending was a little disappointing too
I can see it working better as a film but the drama seemed pretty contrived to me
was the deaf girl supposed to be in love with him from the beginning?
I couldn't really tell then she just tried to kill herself...

you fuckers at ward who clapped at the end are the fucking worst
especially because it was a slow clap that caught on

Koe no Katachi was sweet and funny and sad, but it was also aimless with no real direction or pacing. At one point a character (Ueno) is actively avoiding the main character, then the next seen she's acting friendly with him with nothing to bridge this apparent change in attitude. That's just one example. The film's ending is another. The "is that the end?" feeling was palpable in the cinema because it ended fairly abruptly when it felt like there was still more story to tell. Plus there's a lot of moments when the characters lash out at one another to make everything dramatic when it's really just a bunch of characters acting stupidly. Ueno is probably the worst example of this, there's one scene where she's beating the shit out of Nishimura, then a scene where she's cold shouldering her, then right at the end she's trying to act friendly with her. Plus there's a lot of suicidal intention in the film that feels clumsily handled. Characters expressing how they want to die or how they hate themselves seems overdramatic when it's not adequately built up to.

In comparison, kimi no na wa is a fantastically paced film that never misses a beat. It's consistent in tone and plot the whole way through, the drama at no point feels forced and all the characters act naturally, there's no arguing and breakups for the sake of second act drama and third act reconciliation. I'm not saying you're wrong to like koe no katachi more than kimi no na wa, I'm just saying it's wrong to think koe no katachi was better written.

For what it's worth, I haven't read the manga and heard the film takes a lot of liberties, which you should expect since it's a KyoAni adaptation.

>was the deaf girl supposed to be in love with him from the beginning?
Yeah that got me too. Her confession scene happens about a third of the way through the film. I can understand being friendly with the guy at that point, but I hadn't seen much reason to fall in love with him. Seemed like it was just going through the motions of what a romance film should be doing.

Nishimura was cute as fuck though during that part so I can forgive it. Saori Hayami did a fantastic job voicing her. In fact I thought the whole voice cast was pretty fantastic, especially Aoi Yuuki as Yuzuru. I know she has phenomenal range but she honestly never ceases to amaze me. The whole film I thought it was Romi Park voicing Yuzuru, looked it up when I got home and it was Aoi Yuuki of all people. Insane.

yeah but it's never brought up again, not even at the very end and it makes me think the author had a plan to push the romance angle at some point but abandoned it

The manga was shit, expect the movie to be shit as well. Haven't watched it yet, but I can tell that much. Haven't watched your name either, and I'm afraid I won't do it until it gets forgotten in the sands of time, when something gets so much praising I find myself getting more picky, and you fags act like if your name were the absolute perfection and try to appear like you were expert critics or something, I can only expect disappointing out of all this shit, I'm pretty sure I'll find lots of flaws in that fucking movie, flaws to which you're turning a blind eye for some reason or simply because you're stupid.

it's really not that great
the only thing is has going for it is the animation and sound
plot and character development are rushed and confusing as fuck. shit changes like the wind

They don't end up together. They don't even imply it. Fuck this movie

BD WHEN

>Yeah that got me too. Her confession scene happens about a third of the way through the film. I can understand being friendly with the guy at that point, but I hadn't seen much reason to fall in love with him. Seemed like it was just going through the motions of what a romance film should be doing.
You got to keep in mind that this is a Yamada film, she loves to tell her narratives through character mannerisms, something she picked up from her mentor. I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't say for sure, but you might just have missed it.

>For what it's worth, I haven't read the manga and heard the film takes a lot of liberties, which you should expect since it's a KyoAni adaptation.

Seeing how the source material is terrible and the story is restricted to a 90~ minute time frame, that's expected. I'm still looking forward to seeing it and Kimi no Nawa because the theatres won't show them.

It's the same in the manga. Most anime creators are terrified of showing their characters directly romantically involved with the main character because otaku don't want to see their waifu kissing someone else. they want to avoid a Kannagi situation.

That being said, it's a romance film second and a redemption story first. It's not about him fucking the deaf girl, it's about him getting over his autism.

>they want to avoid a Kannagi situation.
What happened with Kannagi?

I should chastise you for being a newfag but then I remember 2008 was nine years ago and wonder what the hell I'm doing with my life.

In Kannagi, the main girl Nagi was revealed to have had an ex-boyfriend before the show began. That's it. It led to otaku boycotting the stuff and claiming she was not a virgin and impure and stuff. Keep in mind the ex-boyfriend was never shown at all on screen, just mentioned off hand, and she was never confirmed to have even kissed him.

>no bd yet
What the fuck kyoanus I want to watch your shit.

Did they change the ending?

What was the ending in the manga?

if it suck it's the same ending.

This month on the KyoAni store and next month on Amazon.

Ishida and nishimiya go to their middle school re-union thing together final page is them opening the door to classroom

>This month on the KyoAni store and next month on Amazon.

Fuck

Nothing like that but I didn't stay until after the credits.The ending in the film is Ishida is at the school festival and all the crosses come off everyone's face and some music starts playing and he starts crying. No romance.

Any prediction on sales?
最新情報まとめ

映画『聲の形』Blu-ray 初回限定版
発売日: 2017年05月17日
登録日: 2017年02月01日
最新順位 ***,*55位(2017年04月15日22時)
最高順位 ***,**1位(2017年02月03日) ※登録24時間以降
最低順位 ***,*96位(2017年04月05日) ※登録24時間以降
平均順位 ***,*43位(中央値)

>it's a guy learns to open up to people movie
Literally my favorite character trope

>they don't imply it
>it's the same in the manga
Retards

ahh that's a little disappointing, I thought a one year later group re-union could have been better since he tells her at one point they should celebrate her birthday the next year as it had already passed.
why are kyoani fags always obsessed with sales?

Oh yeah, fun fact about the film.

The OP song is Our Generation by The Who. Really caught me off guard. Works far better than it has any right to.

I heard Yamada specifically asked for that song to be used. Great taste

At first I thought the publisher in my country couldn't get the rights to the original OP song, so I looked it up when I got home, but nope, it was actually what KyoAni went with.

Of course it's better than Kimi no Na wa, a film about boob grabbing and a romance between characters we know nothing about. All the thematic material about communication and the backdrop of the earthquake is rendered useless and superficial and the dialogue suffers from the usual Shinkai-isms. It was honestly much more a forced drama compared to Koe's more down to earth approach.

>Most anime creators are terrified of showing their characters directly romantically involved with the main character because otaku don't want to see their waifu kissing someone else.
Are you retarded?

Not as bad as your lie in April.

The source comic is pretty below average in the first place. The author never intended to make a series out of it since it was just designed to be a one-shot comic. He probably got forced by his editor to do more.

>he