Has there ever been a biggest fall from grace?

Has there ever been a biggest fall from grace?
I blame K-On!

KyoAni produced nothing of worth pre-K-On.
>Has there ever been a biggest fall from grace?
Madhouse

Haruhi TV anime and Clannad S1 were mediocre as fuck.

>KyoAni produced nothing of worth pre-K-On.
Look at the pic again.
>Madhouse
Yet they just made AOTS.
>I started watching anime less than 3 years ago

Less than 13 years ago would be more accurate.

>clannad good
>hyouka bad
Kill yourself.

Starting from HxH 2011 onwards, Madhouse has only made around 4-5 good anime. Everything else has been awful.

Fucking Gainax. This shouldn't even be an argument.

>Chihayafuru
>Wolf Children
>Death Billiards
>Chihayafuru 2
>Kiseiju
>Death Parade
>Onepunch-man
>ACCA
Ironically they've still made more quality anime than Mappa despite the decline.

>haruhi

cant wait to watch the same episode 8 time in a row

Each endless 8 episode is different though

Only Chihayafuru and Wolf Children were quality

That was already post-K-On!, Nu-Kyoani.
Season 1 is perfect.

All the anime on the left sucks, though.

>goofy pseudo-action/pseudo-romance bullshit
>pseudo-deep school life and the main girl is a god or something else pseudo-intellectual garbage
>pseudo-otaku pandering trash
>pseudo-deep romance drama everyone dies everyone cries shit

vs.

>full power fujo swimming anime
>full power meganekko anime with some kind of plot about something, who cares what
>full power chuunibyoukko romance anime
>full power supernatural bishoujo friends anime
>full power laze around all day looking at napes of girls' necks anime
>full power dragon maid wonderfulness anime

It's pretty clear that KyoAni has matured as a studio.

No.
And there was also decent stuff that I didn't mention, like Ore Monogatari.

>Gainax
They're doing fine, farming tomatoes and producing Muslim anime.

Old Kyoani produced nothing but garbage. Now we have masterpieces like K-On!!, Nichijou, Hyouka, Tamako Love Story and A Silent Voice as well as great anime like Hibike Euphonium, Free High Speed and Maid Dragon. All of which are objectively better than anything Kyoani made before 2010.

>Free High Speed and Maid Dragon
Too obvious.

This.

How do they even do this? Everytime you hear about them they've somehow managed to fall even lower.

>Full Metal Panic Fumoffu sucks

Only Wolf Childen is watchable here. OPM is just a trailer for Mob Psycho.

It was all garbage. Amagi Brilliant Park and Hibike Euphonium are both better.

>Only Wolf Childen is watchable here
With those standards nothing made by Kyoani in the last 5 years is watchable.

so why do most of kyoanusfags hate chuunibyou? i hate kypani and moeshit but rikka was so fucking CUTE!

K-on! was their magnum opus you tard

Tamako Love Story and A Silent Voice are better than any post-Toei Hosoda film. Yamada is simply a more talented director. Hibike was also the only all around sound show from 2015.

I haven't seen A Silent Voice, but Tamako Love Story isn't even as good as TGWLTT. And Hibike was all around mediocre.

K-On and most everything after were mediocre but there have been a few stand outs. They still keep it in house and their animation is as good as ever.

>nu-X

Stop doing this

Where does Nichijou fit in that chart?

kek

Kyoani is cancer and everyone who enjoys their show should be hit by a truck

Nah

The only good Nu-Kyoani show.

>Nu

How hard is it to write out 'new?'

its a meme you dip

There was no fall, as nothing on the left is particularly good, but K-On has flattened their production in a single genre.

>K-On has flattened their production in a single genre.
How so?

Is it the new 'neo?' Makes me think of teletubbies.

I used to love and defend these guys to no end. I even adored Hyouka while most people thought it was boring as fuck. But not I don't even bother watching their shit anymore. Phantom World and Dragon Maid were absolute and utter garbage, Free was boring as fuck, KnK was a fucking mess and Chunni had the biggest audience fuck you ending in recent memory.

>blaming K-ON

Don't fall for the meme, Chuunibyou is where they really started going downhill.

They only make moeshit.

Maidragon is good, though. The last three good KyoAni shows have been Nichijou, Amagi, and Maidragon.

>slice of life, sports, psychological, romance, action, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, drama, mystery, music, parody
All the same genres?

Yes

I've watched everything on that list except clannad for some reason. Is it worth a watch?

If you like forced drama.

I'd say so. If it bores you soldier through the first season, After Story is the pay off.

Only the comedy is good.

Free was extremely good, tho.
You just weren't part of the target audience.

It's a VN adaption.
Basically, read the VN

It wasn't though. I will say the same for K-On as well. It's okay that they weren't great but if you enjoyed them, that's all that matters in the end.

I'm a faggot and disliked Free.

Yaoi is not made to appeal to homosexuals.
What many don't seem to understand is that fujoshit isn't just ordinary homoeroticism, but a specific sort of homoerotic content enjoyed by lonely women in their 20s.

It was a fanservice show with melodrama aimed at heterosexual. There was a large chance you weren't going to like it. Not many guys, not even gay guys, would enjoy the melodrama. Even if it were gender flipped, people would shit on it for the drama and only watch for the fanservice.

>free
>yaoi

>lucky star
is not really too different

Free was pretty enjoyable, but the muscles and color design were horrendous.

I realy liked KDM. It was good anime. Not the best one in the world, with some downsides but still it was very enjoyable.

I see fifty percent shit on both sides of the line.

It's all crap

I love new KyoAni

>Doesn't include the best Classic KyoAni
>Doesn't include the best Nu KyoAni
What's the point of this comparison?

>Doesn't include the best Classic KyoAni
Look closer, Haruhi is on the top right.

K-on was so good it set the standard too high. KyoAni came real close with Hibike S1 to creating another masterpiece, but they ruined the second season with some characters no one gave a fuck about.
There were also some gems like Tamako Love Story and Nichijou created after K-On, but KyoAni's never going to be as good as they once were, and it's unfortunate because the quality of their art is so fucking beautiful, but the shows just don't have any substance or good comedy anymore

KyoAni is consistently the best studio in the game OP.

Free and Chuu2 do suck though.

>Keyshit and Fumoffu better than Hyouka

Yes, K-on was the beginning of the end.
It convinced them that taking a shitty source material and adding overanimation and forced moe was the key to success.