Why doesn't this board read more manga?

Why doesn't this board read more manga?

Aren't you rushing things? People here don't even watch the anime they talk about

full of teens that hate reading.
Just look at all that shounenshit on the first page

I like to think we actually do. We simply don't discuss it.

Manga get released slower.
It's more accurate that we don't talk about manga more than we don't read it.

Actually, I read it. Junji Ito is my favourite artist.

Manga doesn't have glittery moeshit

>wonders why manga threads are deleted and mods turned Sup Forums into /c/ :^)

Reading is for nerds.

oh no an emoticon my eyes

I bet you read anime too, retards.

Now that's just blatantly false

But I do

Too many Americans.

Here's the thing

>read

I do

I havent had a good manga to read for a long time though.

We do, the threads just die too quickly, because we need a manga board.

Will never happen even though manga is superior to anime

Children don't enjoy reading.

I don't want to banish one or the other, I just want a space for manga threads to last longer than a half day. I get it, there's little to discuss. But I just wish that everyone had a chance to see it as it lives for 3 or 4 days, and we can get absolutely everything out.

It does.

To be fair it's a bit more of a pain to track everything you read

because pretty much every manga I was reading got licensed or dropped or put on hiatus

or hasn't been translated yet

sad panda threads don't count as manga threads

manga is boring as hell. not as detailed, well-written, or educational as books and none of the sound, music, color, animation of anime.

Can you explain all the glittery moeshit on my bookshelf then?

I have been trying, but everything I like is either finished or on hiatus.

I'm also very picky. I thought I've read a lot but after checking my Batoto account, apparently I'm only following 95 manga total. That doesn't separate what is finished or not.

>Children don't enjoy reading
All but one is female. And the only male is apparently 4 years old.
why do women hate reading?

>Batoto

Fucking EOPs

Where should I read manga? Don't tell me you use a site that resizes the images and puts watermarks all over everything.

>join date 2012
>birthday 2013
Whoa.

i don't even know how the fuck people watch shit anime all day but can't even read the source of their fucking favorite anime.
manga it's like ten times better than anime most of the time.

I read manga, but I hate reading it half the time because English scanlations almost always aren't even close to the Japanese release because they go inactive for months or are slow as fuck, because series get dropped so often, because improved tankobon releases are almost never re-scanlated, and because scanlators often get into retarded drama fights.
Nowadays anime is at least consistently released and light/web novels have more consistent translation releases.

>A website dedicated to Japanese culture has thousands of shitty boards for niche interests but no manga board.

Someone justify this.

Just download anime.

I like reading manga more thank you very much, and I do not see any downside to "streaming" manga.

I read way more manga/LN than I watch anime - I try to pick source material when it's possible and then watch an adaptation. Manga threads are slower and gather less anons. Nearly all more or less popular manga have an adaptation so anime only fags and their cancer take over at that point.

I don't watch anime because it's normie shit for kiddos. I wish we had a manga board.

>I do not see any downside to "streaming" manga
If you're completely tech illiterate then sure, otherwise dedicated reader is always better.

It's also nice to have everything saved so you can easily go to a specific chapter. You never know when something will be taken down either.

Because manga sucks.

I prefer it and I read manga more than I watch anime.

But manga is literally just anime but more fleshed out and not in colour

Reading is for faggots

I just got my library to stock manga I picked a few that might get read but who knows. It feels better having it physically that digitally I gotta say

I see plenty of threads about manga

>Implying.

I noticed as people get older they read more manga than anime.

Probably because it has actual seinen stories, drama, nudity and gore that isn't pixelated white flashed of light.

Godoka

I prefer to hold the actual book with pages, but not willing to pay for it. Hate reading them on the computer also.

Older anons often have less free time as well and you can also usually read a few chapters easily and quickly.

>Probably because it has actual seinen stories, drama, nudity and gore that isn't pixelated white flashed of light.
Nah I still read moeshit

>reading

Now this is shiposting.

As an elitist cunt, I'd like to pick the manga my library stocked.

A lot of moeshit is technically seinen.

Half that patrition side isn't even good anime.
>Jojo
>KLK
>One piece

Because anime is for normies. Manga is for otaku.

I'm a wagecuck, I don't have time

What's the best manga reading device?
And why is it a 10" android tablet?

Read Holyland while listening to Initial D mixes.

>Manga doesn't have glittery moeshit
but that is the best way to consume it, manga girls are infinity cuter than their anime counterparts

>not beig 4tyo

English translated manga looks like shit and the translations are unreliable. No point in reading it unless you know moonspeak.

I'm a 19-year-old newfag, and I read more manga than anime. Though that might just mean that I'll completely stop anime and inhale manga in ten years.

But I do, user.

Reason nobody talks about it on Sup Forums is that people only generally know about the more popular works that get anime adaptations in the first place, and even then they will try to derail the thread with anime-only shit.

In ten years you'll probably move on to 80% lit, 10% anime, 10% manga

A lot of the best manga aren't translated or are only translated up to a point.
EOPs stick strictly to anime because the translation is quick and consistently on date, unlike translated manga except for very popular series like Jojo.

You can say the same about anime

is batoto in any way compressed or is it safe to use whatever manga downloader I use for it?

It's so rare to see this manga here, are you by any chance the user who translated the first chapter several years ago?

Nope. I recently read all the raws. It was surprisingly hilarious.

Since manga has to be read, it requires either a good plot with well-written characters, or unbelievable amounts of fanservice to keep a reader engaged. Therefore, the ratio of manga readers on Sup Forums is inversely proportional to the ratio of purityfags on Sup Forums. In fact, the sets of hardcore manga readers and purityfags may as well be disjoint sets.

>tfw i think anime is pure cringe
>tfw i can only stomach manga
Checkmate OP

I read plenty of manga. I prefer it over anime, I watch maybe one show every 6 months.

What manga are you reading Sup Forums

Batoto doesn't compress to my knowledge.

The board is too young/casual now. I mean, manga threads still exist, but don't expect them to last long unless they're shounen. Making a seperate manga board wouldn't improve anything.

Sumikko no Sora-san

we've had tsugumomo, koe no katachi, fap note, punpun and numerous other manga threads for years

My mother enjoys reading, but generally only sticks to fiction. She's probably the only female I know that actually likes to read, though I don't know too many females (or anyone for that matter).

shounenshit, moeshit and isekai.
Feels Good.

It is. It revolutionized my interest in mango. Last 3 years I read around 300+ titles (still have interest in around 300 ongoing or partially translated titles). that's twice more then I did all my life. All thanks to a decent app (manga rock), decent sources (batoto) and the tablets itself. I first started with Nook HD+ (10.1"), was good for the native res of the mango, but slow as fuck. Switched it after a year to Samsung Galaxy Tab S1 10.1", it was the best, untill it broke after falling down on sudden bus stop while reading Spirit Circle. Now I'm on Samsung Galaxy S2 9.7", the T813 rehash. It's decent, but I would go back to Galaxy Tab S1 10.1", it had by far better aspect ratio for both watching animu and reading mango. Tried reading mango on an apple tab, it was weird in comparison, so I'm sticking to android tablets for that.

I have 272 manga on my MU reading list, but compared to some people in Sup Forums I feel like I don't read enough.

>I still read moeshit
teenagers can't appreciate moeshit and shoujo, real men read shoujo

Ciguatera

>Galaxy Tab S
my nigga, reading in a BIG tab is good
what app do you use?

Various things

I read way more manga than I watch anime. Usually at work when I'm slacking off

Who read Fujimi Lovers?
Do we know if it's going to be continued?

I can't stomach reading manga on my computer, it just doesn't feel right. Also I find it often harder to tell what is going on in the drawings. Might read more if I had a tablet or actual physical manga in my hands.

Still prefer an actual book with words over either though

I'm the same, that's why I read manga on my phone. I've always found that it works very well that way, and I have an app I use to keep it organized.

I use an iPad and find it fine, but it's probably just because it's all I've used. I do agree that it has made reading manga much better though. Tried reading on my computer before and it was horrible, but it feels so natural on a tablet and having instant access to multiple sources with mangarock makes things much better.

This fucking manga

Anime hype

I do, but everything I'm interested is slow as fuck or on eternal hiatus.

This is why I typically end up reading completed series or wait for a full tank or two is available and read it all at once.

I think a lot of people do this unless they're immensely popular like the big 3. Otherwise, there are a shitton of manga to follow. Anime only has two dozen shows a season, and usually less than half of those are worth watching/popular. A dozen shows isn't a whole lot, so it's easy for everyone to gather and talk about it at the same time, whereas you cant' really do that with manga unless it has a dedicated fanbase of at least some significant size.

Cute robot girl after the apocalypse.