Does bad fanbases make you somewhat hate a series, even if just a little bit?

Does bad fanbases make you somewhat hate a series, even if just a little bit?

Sadly, yes.

A bit that's why I only watched series >2 years old.

The jojo fanbase is the sole reason why I haven't tried reading it yet. I'll get around to it eventually, but they sure as shit don't make the idea appealing.

No because I'm not autistic.

Seeing if your interests/personality aligns with a fanbase's can be somewhat of a predictor as to whether you'll like the source material or not. It doesn't make me hate any series, but it can make me avoid them.

Nah, I don't care about them.

Sadly, some good series have pretty autistic fanbases, doesn't matter if it's a huge fanbase or not.

hate, not really, but that takes some enjoyment away if i can't talk about the series without attracting spergs.

No. It just make me want to kill myself. If possible bring them along with me.

Pic related.
Also, checkum

The worst part is if it's an ongoing series and you genuinely want to talk about it but (insert character)'s fanbase comes out of nowhere and shits up the thread

You can hate the fanbase while liking the series.

I love Madoka but I never visted the threads.

But not really because of the fanbase, because I haven't watched the movies yet.

You are wise for avoiding the threads.
Nothing but /u/boats and namefags circlejerking.

I guess I'll never get to watching the movies then.
After watching anything I tend to make threads.

I'll still enjoy a series even if it's fan base is horrible it'll just be disappointing that I have no one to discuss with.

No, i simply didn't visid the threads or only visit during airing time

Also wise.
I'd say more but I dont want to summon them.

Wouldn't say the fanbase itself, but the combination of fanbase/posts will prevent me from picking up a show for a long time. I think i caught Madoka like 2 years after it aired, Madoka fanbase isn't really that bad though. SnK never really stuck with me but if it did i guess i would get sick of the people that like it.

I guess I'll never pick up Umaru.
I haven't even watched it and it's in my filters. The OP itself is cancerous holy shit.

>Nothing but /u/boats and namefags circlejerking.

I truly don't know what's there in Madoka that drives people to such faggotry, but trying to read a thread these days is like summoning 3 barneyfags minimum.

Kememe Furries and every retard and memeing faggots from twitter that can unironically like shit like that. You know you have brain problems when you like being served low quality crap.
>b-but its popular in Japan its good!
Kill yourselves and the japanese twitter too. Anime is dying

I just visited the Madoka threads.
Holy shit I've never seen so many delusional crackshippings.

Normally, I don't give a shit about fanbases, but Madoka's makes me feel unclean by association just for liking and seriously discussing the show.

It's a decent show; good enough to form a cult of fanatics that eat, live and breath jojo, overflowing with memes.

like me

No. I think every fanbase is cancerous so i stay away from them. That goes for all mediums.

I've probably been influenced to stay away from the big three because of their fanbases and the reputation they come with.

I have reservations about Love Live, as well, owed to the large numbers of tumblrite xims and xers I've encountered using social media.

It rarely happens to me, at least in the case of anime. It happens to me more often with character fanbases. For example, I used to be neutral towards Nene, but her fanbase here and elsewhere was so annoying that it came to the point that I realized she wasn't a good character at all. Something similar happened to me with Satania.

There are some really good and tame fanbases.

I used to like DAL Kurumi, but her fanbase really killed her for me.

I thankfully watched Madoka from a friends recommendation and before realising it had such a cancerous fanbase. Glad I did, as I enjoyed it.

Kind of was the opposite for me: I used to hate Kurumi back when S1 came out, but after S2 came out I became neutral towards her. It kind of helped that a new worst girl (Miku) was introduced then.

I hate that I can't make threads about the series because I refuse to discuss it with shit people.

Yes.
It's even worse when it's a show that i enjoy but the threads are 100% garbage

Yeah but just a little bit. I'll still watch something if I like the generic synopsis of it. Reminds me of when we used to have to read the back of the video game case when renting to see if it was cool or not.
I still have that small little bit of hipster that just won't go away. All the hype and big reviews of NieR Automata triggered the shit out of me. Especially since the public at large wouldn't give drakengard, nier or pretty much any old school clover game the time of day.

Reifags make me almost despise Rei.

Same, and she was my favourite character from the show when I first watched it back in the day.

But Miku doesn't even have fans while Kurumi has some really cancerous "fans" that don't even know a single thing about the character they fap to.

This is a pretty good sypnosis for them.

Not really, but it's always a shame if a series you're enjoying gets hijacked by a shit fanbase. It's hard not to become a contrarian and start shittalking the show just because it has shit fans.