What's her name again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGB5C56Uk
hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-anime-your-name-became-an-phenomenon-969255
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kimi no qt

Your Rope

Nice try OP, but that's a dude.

Is Your Rope the most overrated anime of the year along with Kemono Friends?

No, this is a dude.

Yee boi

This is the pages of them meeting. The next page just has ー君の、名前は、と。

I agree to a point. There are definitely some things that you don't want too much monologue for and somethings are better explained, like why Tessie had access to explosives suddenly.
It's good to know that both mediums have their good points and can stand on their own, but there are a few differences that could have been done the same, I think.

My new waifu.

Your opinion is overrated.

reverse image search it you fucking retard newfag

you must be new here

Where do I place my order?

What's her (male) problem here?

the re-used shots from an earlier scene in the montage

Having to sleep on the floor futon instead of his usual mattress bed.

the bitch from that overrated teenage love story

a small town girl

living in a lonely world

Look, it's fine to not like a movie, but why you gotta call her names?

Her name is ... youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGB5C56Uk

I'd hit that like the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs.

Not so fast, we got stronger immunity systems for that in the future.

HER NAME IS KOKO SHE IS LOKO I SAY OH NO

Sip McBraid-chan
Banana Sucker
Persona 5 and the chamber of secrets
Benimaru Collider
Boomer Kwanger
Gillotine gorilla
Sebaceous Retroauricular Slut
Pastel Creamy
Constipated and Diarrheic
Tiny Brows
Social Dumb and Moist
The World Bites the Dust Made in Heaven Requiem
Pew Pew Meow
Görgeldorfwagon

I love you

How would the death note work on these two guys.

I wonder what would have happened if Taki died in Mitsuha's body.

No, her name was ー, the guy's name was I love you.

1 and i love you. Aww, the best love story.

Bill Wilson

How do you make sure you remember her, Sup Forums?

Put a stone in the shinto crater with the name engraved.

she took the midnight train going anywhere

>"Surely I must be sexier than Taki in my body, right?"
>"Whatever you say, me."

Beautiful, isn't it?

Tessie's dad was teachimg him to use the explosives as part of his vocational training. It was mentioned towards the beginning of the movie

I know

hollywoodreporter.com/news/how-anime-your-name-became-an-phenomenon-969255
>"Because The Garden of Words took only 150 million yen [$1.3 million], we thought no matter how hard we tried Your Name could only do 10 times that amount, so the production and promotion budgets were kept really low, smaller than an average Toho release,"
I wonder how small the budget was, exactly.

Are they really that surprised?
Garden of Words was barely longer than your average episode of anime and had a deliberate 'fuck you' ending. What were they even expecting from it? Of course its sales wouldn't reflect a feature-length movie that actually delivered on what it offered. They're orders of magnitude different.

>still no doujin if Mitsuha (male) getting mindbroken into loving cock

No.

>still no mitsuha in my life

I want to tickle her feet.

I can't remember the names of any character in any manga or anime, unless it's something simple like Taiga.

I feel like I have a learning disorder or something

It's not a learning disorder, it's musubi

What if on the staircase, Mitsuha revealed she's been fucking Jerome for the last 2 years and pregnant with her 3rd child?

[Your Name]

>implying she didn't take a vacation to Mexico

same here, I just always call them by what they are in the story, (MC, Main Girl, Best Friend, etc etc)

>shitabaka retard has absolute shit taste
Every time. Anyone who likes Shirobako should head back over to /r/anime. Somehow you idiots manage to be worse than Umaruposters.

>worse than umaruposters
I don't know, that seems pretty hard to beat.

>Spoils one of the twists in the opening line of the article
I'm glad I didn't even know anything about this movie or go into a thread. The fact that The body swapping happened with a 3 year gap and Mitsu was dead blind sided me.

Why did they never try to text each other

They did.

Same reason it took so long for them to try calling.

Beats me.

BED HEAD

Do you mean those messages left on the phones? I was more under the impression those were notes than SMS.

Different scene, same reaction

No, I meant the part where Taki tried to send text messages and they didn't go through.

I don't get why most of the articles I've noticed like to spoil the major plot twists right in the title, most of them are like "THE JAPANESE BODY SWAPPING DISASTER STORY COMES TO AMERICA."

I pretty glad I went into it no knowing anything other that it was by Shinkai

Despite how long it was sometimes made to seem, they were only swapping bodies for a month, which when factoring in the time necessary just to figure out what was going on, is really not all that long.

But ultimately, I don't think they had any reason to SMS each other. SMS is garbage for sending long-form messages compared to leaving diary entries, and what would they really have to say to each other?

There's also a bit of the Japanese element of not wanting to be intrusive; for most of their escapades they were busy trying to not (intentionally) inconvenience the other until they were able to sort things out. They were trying to keep their intrusions into the other's life as minimal as possible.

But once they realized they had feelings for the other, then they called (Taki after his date, Mitsuha while trying to crash that date) and then realized they were disconnected.

The twist was cool, though I can't help but wonder how did the dude not notice the year was 20XX-3 while in her body? Doesn't he have to write the date on her assignments? Wouldn't her phone tell him?

I'm pretty sure if you're in a stranger's body and have to try and pretend to be them and not fuck up their lives, you're not going to notice the little things like what year it is.

Most places on the phone would just have the month, day and time visible by default. Assignments might also only need month/day to be filled out.

The name Shinkai isn't really going to sell that many tickets in the west. Not really the best idea for business to not try to sell it on its premise.
Some normalfag friends I saw the movie with didn't even get interested until I told them a bit about the plot first, one of them.even watched 5cm but didn't know anything about who directed it.
Remember that people who know as much about anime as Sup Forums is a painful minority.

Dream vision is the usual answer I think. Like when you're dreaming and don't notice other things that are normally relevant.

Personally I'd go so far as to say fate didn't think it was important.

have an android here dunno about ios, and pretty much the full date is mostly hidden from me, unless i really go into some calendar setting.
Also the catch all for why they didn't notice the year was because they described their swapping as dream like they would quickly forget about the details, hence why they would write down what happened.

Also

she didn't take the extra step...

meant to attach this

>Hmm, I wonder what's in the newspaper today
>Oh shit

Watched this today. Good stuff, but overrated.

Would you do someone's homework for them? I'd wait until the swap back and let them deal with it.
Small handouts due the day after hardly ever need to be dated anyway in my experience.

>Kids
>Reading the newspaper
Do you want to know how I know you're grasping at straws?

>not reading the news
I can't be the only kid in highschool that did, right?
How fucking uninformed are kids these days?

I assume they did each other's schoolwork when swapped to keep up appearances and grades.

How old are you grandpa, especially in the digital age when newspapers are dying.

I get my news by following various news outlets on twitter.

i understand that outside of studio ghibli there is zero name recognition here, but to put that much spoilers right in the title of the article seems a bit much

I've been out of high school for like 8 years, back when not everyone had their own smartphone, so I did actually get news from actual papers then.
Even online news sources should have the year listed though.

Online articles have dates, yeah.

It's bias in general against animation, let alone Anime. You have to remember Your Name getting snubbed the Oscars was basically expected because the Academy doesn't care about Animation (Half the people who vote on the films don't even see the movies)

Also, if films like this gain traction where they can reap huge amounts of profits with a shoestring budget, it would blow up a fuckload of paradigms in hollywood in production. Especially with how the costs to produce movies are growing out of control. (Where the fuck did the 150 million to make the new ghostbusters actually go?)

That second part is a really good point. Animated cinema in the way Japan does it is inimical to hollywood's business model because the budgets are small, production is efficient and there's relatively few avenues where millions of dollars can bleed wastefully into the pockets of who the fuck ever. A multi-billion dollar industry doesn't really have any place for cheap-to-produce blockbuster hits. Spending lots and lots of money is actually important to the way hollywood movie production works, because that money gives lots of people very well-paying jobs in a high-risk industry.

People when dreaming usually tend to either miss small details or just take things in stride. Things that would seem rather obviously illogical or impossible when given critical, conscious thought will often appear to make perfect sense in a dream, which is why dreams have a reputation for being surreal and unrealistic.

And as other anons have pointed out, the year is not often listed on modern timepieces. I have an iOS and an Android device and neither display the year. It's generally not something you pay that much attention to anyway because you don't expect it to change.

I read the paper every morning in high school while eating breakfast.

But I didn't bother reading the date or the day, and certainly not the year. In my half-awake stupor I just glanced through a few of the articles and that was it.

His face there looks a lot like the face the mc makes in Bodyjack when he takes over Komaba's body.

Not all do.

The Washington Post's mobile homepage does not have any date at all listed. The NYT homepage does, but in relatively small print. The Mainichi and Yomiuri Shimbun both do not include dates on their homepages, although the Asahi Shimbun does.

And as has been amply demonstrated by the frequent resurgence of old news stories people don't realize are actually out of date, most people don't bother reading the date on an article because they simply assume it's new. Especially if it's on the homepage, where the newest stories are placed.

I'd be checking the date to make sure I wasn't reading an old paper or something.
Fair point though.

Well to be fair, I wouldn't use Japan's animation industry as a model for ideal business either. Work conditions can get pretty fucking horrid and animators are woefully underpaid. It's just a part of hard work being so ingrained in their culture. A middle ground would be ideal, but good luck getting either side to compromise.

I usually just glanced at the front page and if I didn't recognize it from yesterday or the day before, presumed it was the newest paper.

Those super-tidy Japs though probably just make sure to toss the old paper each day so they only have the newest one on hand at a time.

It's not so much that 'hard work' is ingrained into their culture. That's one of those things you can't actually know anything about and still say with a straight face.

It's more that the industry can only exist, given its average profit margins, by keeping labour as cheap as possible. Animators are willing to endure those conditions more or less because they want to, because the anime industry is one that fosters a great deal of good will between creator and consumer. Most of them could make more money working behind the cash register at a convenience store or supermarket, but choose the longer hours and higher pressure of animating because it's worth more to them.

This was true of the west as well, but that industry and its goodwill got put in the dumpster because western television works with a fundamentally different business model.

Asian cultures do have more focus on routine work(working hard would actually mean going outside of your comfort zone which is different). To be more accurate they place a higher emphasis on societal unity than the west do, so it's simpler to have people to do as they are told. Individualism is discouraged.

A lot of American animators are horribly overworked as well. Before it became the juggernaut it is today, Pixar was infamous for overworking its animators and burnout was a pretty serious issue. And their finances were often pretty precarious too, they only survived because Steve Jobs was willing to keep pumping his own money in to keep the lights on.

I should have been born in Japan. (Don't mean that as a weeaboo statement.) But I desperately need structure.

I still don't understand why there's no Netflix-for-anime in Japan.

You can't really say anime is a niche otaku thing; teens obviously watch enough anime to fuel Crunchyroll and Nicovideo. But anime merch is targeted squarely at otaku so it becomes niche. Same with eroge being targeted exclusively at creepy otaku, yet Nekopara sold well over 100k on Steam.

I feel like they could fix this problem with a better business model. Handdrawn animation might be lower margin than CG but surely there's a way to make it work.

You definitely do not want to live in Japan if the culture isn't integrated into your flesh and bones since birth. Visiting is fine, but staying there tends to make some gaijins miserable shits with little chance to make a comeback.