Are boardgames implicitly white?

I have played boardgames all over the world for reasons I wont go in to. I have noticed a strange thing. Non-whites couldn't care less about boardgames. I don't get it. They are low-cost, stimulating, social, meditative and wholesome indoor activity.

So, if you have any insight on this topic, please shed some light on it, as its something that has eluded me my whole life.

If you are non-white, I would be very interested to hear your thoughts on why the disparity exists. And it can't me "muh representation" because 90% of these games have non-white ethnic themes.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)
theworks.co.uk/p/board-games/colonialism-board-game/4010350500231
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

loves board games

>If you are non-white
why would any nigger come here?

My gf is Korean and her family fucking loves Yahtzee, Catan and Monopoly. That includes the 90% of her family that live in Korea not America.

I will say that Asians tend to gravitate to more traditional games over games like Monopoly or Scrabble. Shogi, go, mahjong, Xiangqi and karuta are common games that I've seen played.

Of course, they have their own popular board games like Golden Deuce or Tsuro.

It's mostly the African/Arabic cultures where you see less board games. At least, in my experience.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(game)

actually i play boardgames with a nigerian, a jap and a slovakian

when was the last time you saw anyone but asians and white people playing board games ?

>not miniature wargaming
>not showing up to your club in full SS regalia

just depends on the culture
I used to DM and the only person who could sit still more than 30 minutes was my black friend

> be asian
> playing D&D since high school
> race concept comes from western civilization (elves, dwarves, etc)
> name examples are also western
> all core class background associated with west (Barbarians reflect nordic one, bards as jesters and minstrels in medieval times, paladins as crusaders, magic casters all roots form western concept. except for monks)
> choice of religion, deities are reflected based from western lore
> battlegrid using feet, yards measurements.
> the miniatures are looks occidental.

this game is absolutely white.

Redpill me on nigerian boardgame tastes

We invented 'em. They're ours.

>A nigerian, a jap and a slovakian walk into a bar
>the bartender says to them
>Get the fuck out of my bar

Correction: niggers don’t care about board games.

East Asians and Indians and Latinos are represented decently

>d&d
>boardgame
but back on topic isnt go the oldest board game in the world?

think of games jako IQ test; require strategy, planning, and patience. put simply; whites and asians only

Well. Nigerian boardgames. They taste quite bland, but its still better food than mud or no food at all.

Who is 'we'? Other Somali pirates?

French humour, everyone.

the white mind has an adaptation that is rare or nonexistent in others, abstraction

blacks in particular (assuming no white ancestry) are incapable of abstract thought

its the reason why innovation comes almost exclusively from whites, or people with white ancestors

Cards against humanity is my favorite board game
>t virtuous numale

The face of board gaming in US is Will Wheaton. Think about it.

>mfw other races cant do good Pen & Papers

The Works in the UK pulled Colonialism from online retail due to complaints in reviews.

Colonialism,das raycist theme.

theworks.co.uk/p/board-games/colonialism-board-game/4010350500231

Despite the companies faggy politics, it's still a fun drinking game.

asians like board games too. it's probably related to iq

Monopoly, lotería (bingo), dominoes, Jenga and card games. As well as building puzzles.

t. white hispanic male

The best d&d group I ever played with was at my urban technical school. Half-black DM, 2 black anime kids who were the best roleplayers i've ever met, a ghetto asian kid, a ghetto white kid who was a recent marine vet, and me, a stoned kike. My white highschool d&d group never got nearly as in to it.

>lotería (bingo)

Sounds like a dream team. Please detail what was enjoyable about them if you have time. It sounds like it could be the beginning of a good movie.

Japanese people fucking love board games.

board games suck because nerds sometimes invite girls

all girls should die

>hispanic
>white

We care about real shit cracka not this sissy ass whitboi hobbiis

I unironically believe "nerd culture" (the real kind not the fake kind the jews are pushing) was a great way to civilize niggers and spics by getting them into hobbies that reward thinking and impulse control.

Brit humour everyone

They love Dominoes.

>Chess and backgammon basically invented by Indians
>Japan independently invents Shogi
>Ancient China creates Go, a strategy game with such depth AI still struggles to win
>Are board games implicitly white

nigger are you serious

Try legend of the 5 Rings.
Thats set in Japan and you play as samurai

All the asians I know love boardgames.

Games like Mombasa and Puerto Rico are about the colonization and economic development of Africa and Latin America respectively, lots of fun and very thematic.

I stop posting on boardgamegeek because it's been overrun by SJW faggots. At least /tg/ isn't completely cucked yet.

>Go
>Shogi

Some random shit no one ever heard of.

Chess may have been invented by indian shitskins, but it was made a pure and intelligent hobby by the Arians, perfected by the Arians. No nigger or shitsking today knows how to play chess.

Blacks do like gambling related games though. Dominoes rummy and poker are popular with blacks. So is this dice game that gets called 10,000, farkle or zilch depending on who's playing it. I always noticed black fellas wearing ridiculous mirrored shades at the poker table that let you see their hands half the time.

You know theres /tg/? its a board for board games, whyd you send him to Sup Forums?

>Are boardgames implicitly white?

Yes, they require you to read.

/thread.

No pic related is.

Vishwan Anand is currently higher ranked than any Russian......

Based cigar man DC.

Of course. All the best chess players are white too.

Asians like them too. as in gooks, not pakis.

>my eyes are melting
>I can see my bones

>, social, meditative and wholesome indoor activity.
And you wonder why nogs don't play them?

Check'd. Abstraction is certainly the main point to be made in this thread, and Africans are seemingly incapable of it. As the ice-sheets of the last ice-age wore off, many Ayrans settled the east. Think northern Japs, northern high-caste Indians, NE China (circumventing the Gobi). A lot of Asians can abstract with this admixture. This is a good read on abstraction and the Meta effect it has on society.

why would you post shit like that when literally Thunderhawks, Leviathans and the Stormbird exist

Just checked the wiki page on world champions, it was actually Whiter than I thought it'd be, and with a significant Russian presence too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship

I guess Orientals are just outperformed or they simply prefer to play Go/Wei Chi.

>it can't me "muh representation"

Kind of, you said it yourself, these games are implicitly White. It's never stated directly, rather it is found indirectly in most aspects of these games.

It's not just board games mind you, it's a broader area of culture. You see this in the kind of language used as well. Terms like "Min/max" and "Beeline" are used just as commonly in Civ 5 and Europa Universalis as in D&D, and this implies overlapping and homogeneous fanbases.

It can be kind of hard to pinpoint how Magic the Gathering or D&D may appeal to Whites uniquely. One could offer explanations like () but this doesn't account for why game sessions of D&D with completely reworked races/settings are popular. If Whites were just attracted to D&D because Elves and dwarfes are European mythology, then why are game sessions with randomised characters or sci fi themes also a favourite?

It must be the games per se. Lore (think of the 'akshually' meme), imagination, exploration, competition. These are what attract Whites, not 'occidental miniatures'.

i'll take the french wit over your crust

Sup Forums is almost exclusively mutt-filled

Go already has competent AI players.

Probably

>Muh depth

AI struggles more with Go because you can place your pieces anywhere on the board whereas with chess the pieces can only move a certain way from a given location.

So basically, what Google had to do was program the Ai to understand what a generically 'good move' looked like, and have it perform that.

It wasn't because Go is more intellectually demanding, the game itself is just cutting off your enemy's supply lines.

I have had blacks and Asians in my board game sessions. Tbh the black guys that play these games "act white"

Reminder that well bred Hispanics removed Muslims from their territories not once but TWICE.

How many reconquista's has your haplogroup pulled off?

Indians are white, they're our dirty distant cousins.