What explained Haruhi's enormous popularity?

What explained Haruhi's enormous popularity?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-joke#Jokes_about_jokes_.28.22meta-humor.22.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't remember

It was good. Still is, but the author killed their own series by being lazy and KyoAni killed their separate hype by trolling their own fans.

Certainly not her ass.

How many times a day do you fap to Haruhisky?

>a girl who has godly powers
>surrounded by aliens & time travelers & espers
>school setting
>LN adaption
A revolutionary formula for success

>KyoAni killed their separate hype by trolling their own fans.

Then again Kadokawa agreed to it so KyoAni is not solely to blame

Gutsman, is that you?

Personally, I think the real reason it was popular was because it aired during a time when fucking millennial hipsters began considering it cool to invade previously niche sections of the internet.

>make godlike sexy god
>drop it
its all their fault,haruhi could be the god of anime, she was perfect for that, they failed

god tier voice casts for both jp and us
god tier cast of characters
god tier ost
god tier goddess

>god tier cast of characters
Literally a genki retard and le brooding, bookish nerd and your cardboard cutout straight MC. sounds like any other harem.

At the time there wasn't anything quite like it, and light novel adaptations 10 years ago were way rarer back then too. The meme like nature of the Hare Hare Yukai certainly helped too.

came to post this

I love her. I've only read the first two books and haven't seen anything from the anime and I love her.

at least 8

>harem

I don't always fap to Haruhisky, but when I do it's the best fap of that month.

>I don't always fap to Haruhisky
Faggot

this is not the body of a high schooler

Did Haruhi subconsciously wish for her to have a sexual body?

Every single last member of the band except the drummer.

You had one fucking job and you fucked it up.

but it's a deconstruction

Wasn't that the bassist?

>but it's a deconstruction
yeah right

What ass?

It's not a deconstruction because it's not even a harem. Unless it's Haruhi's harem.

>Millenial will never experience glorious Haruhism time

You mean Kyon wished for?

Of course it's her harem
Kyon, Koizumi, and Mikuru are definitely in the harem
Yuki can join too

It was more original back then, and the characters were more interesting in the novels. Nagato's slow development of emotions wasn't anything new in science fiction, but it was handled beautifully. Also Koizumi's suffering and Mikuru's feeling of inadequacy over being little more than a fanservice character that gets no respect even from her own future self. It was pretty good, and dare I say, kinda original.

>The meme like nature of the Hare Hare Yukai certainly helped too

It unleashed a monster, but yeah. Is there a term for when something that seems fresh and original is quickly burn and becomes unbearable some years later?

same reason as why K-ON

do you not remember the part where koizumi explains to kyon how the only reason mikuru is moe is to tempt him?

how does that make it a deconstruction?

There were only like 2 other animes invented at the time so of course it was poplar

gravure peep show designed to be friendly to little girls, yet appeal to degenerate jewed-out faggots.

I wish I could find more pics of her bathing suits. This one in particular was really nice.

The concept hadnt really been done before and Haruhi's personality has a weird charm. The show came out at just the right time where online communities were beginning but Haruhi culture banded them together. Because the episodes were played out of order, many people that didnt read the novels contemplated what the hell was going on and the Hare Hare Yukai dance sealed the deal with early meme magic. Haruhi's success is largely right place, right time, but the cast, KyoAni, and story helped quite a bit.

The smell of her butt.

>saving my thread from page 10 with this post
based user

>Playing the series out of order
>Endless eight
Who the fuck thought these were good ideas?

When is season 3 coming out?

he ran out of words user

it was pretty different from the anime at the time and resonated with young people.

when you least expect it.

Playing the series out of order was the best decision they made for the content they had to work with. It would be extremely anti-climactic to play the rest of the episodes after the Melancholy arch and end the season with Someday in the Rain. Endless 8 was an attempt to have another type of gimmick that backfired.

>I don't always fap to Haruhisky
hes the only person still making haruhi stuff
got to admire that dedication

np, thanks for remembering me of Haruhi's butt threads, I miss that guy.

>best suit
mio negro

Isn't that the point of moe in general?

>believing anything Koizumi says
why do people continue to do this

Shouldn't you be brewing the tea, Mikuru?

same as mmos (rip)
~2005-2010 internets and computerization for all, for the rest of the world besides extreme banana republics

i miss old Sup Forums and Sup Forums

Sup Forums always seemed terrible to me

>What explained Haruhi's enormous popularity?

It was a solid show, that blew up in popularity because of endless 8 in season 2 and then having a one of the best anime movies after.

>breasts are fully developed at this age
feels like bullshit

It was one of the first shows that was drenched in meta humor.

Nowadays that is literally omnipresent and badly done on top of it so it doesn't seem special but at the time it was.

>meta humor.
whats that?

the possibility of the extraordinary existing among the mundane

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-joke#Jokes_about_jokes_.28.22meta-humor.22.29

No idea

not even sure who's to blame for it crashing it burning
it might have been us

I didn't crash and burn, KyoAni just stopped producing shit because there's no point, since there's no new LNs to advertise.

The studio also went fully mental and decided to produce nothing but shitty flops that don't sell and nobody remembers for more than one week after airing.
But I think that's a seperate issue.

>Being this new
E8 had nothing to do with Haruhi's initial popularity. All it did was bring in late bandwagoners, like yourself.

Mostly it's Tanigawa's fault because he stopped churning out new novels

>being retarded

i-i still believe...

Oh sorry did I insult your precious Flop Dragon or Nichiflop or Euflopnium

Aside from being pretty original it also came JUST at the right time when shit like Youtube was blowing up and so it was literally the first anime that had meme power.

I mean there's still that japanese clip of God Knows that has like 50 MILLION views.

>What explained Haruhi's enormous popularity?

She's dont have powers, all god-like powers are of Kyon.
Haruhi she's a irrelevant minor character and Kyon the true MC.
That's the Twist of the novels and why is popular.

That's only because you've been conditioned to think of teenage girls are children.

It's not
read them

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya came out 7 years ago

Kyon theorists need to kill themselves

entirely the dancing in the op

kys

I want a Haruhi for next Christmas

And its all perfect high quality on model stuff too.
Just who is he?

>t crashing it burning
it kind of just fizzled

>it crushing it burning
what does that even mean

It is a mystery.

I wish I could have experienced Endless Eight with you Sup Forums.

Yuki fucking deserved better

same but I was 12 so maybe not

W H A T

>mfw it's true

W H A T

She got the best for her. No joking.

No you don't. All we did was complain and hate the show we once loved. It was pretty fucking dark for a blue board.

Endless Eight was filler to pad out season 2. The Disappearance arc was supposed to take up those slots but the movie was greenlit not long before the second season went into full production.

her flat pancake butt

>flat

i assume he meant crashing and burning

Tanigawa for the second one. Also Kyoani might've already lost interest in Haruhi despite the huge influx of money it gave them. If they were still interested a third season would've been out already and they conserve a lot of money and manpower by replaying the same 5 scenes over a few episodes. They were probably already looking toward their next project and giving Haruhi less attention.

the hero we need but dont deserve

Every episode of E8 was 100% original. Even the lines were dubbed 8 times.
It's not Kyoani who don't care about Haruhi, it's Kadokawa who won't give the go for a new season without a new LN to promote

Sup Forums-san's tears are the spice of my existence. I enjoyed endless 8 just because I knew how hard it would trigger the autists.

different strokes etc.