Character gets a cold from being cold

>Character gets a cold from being cold
Does every single mangaka/anime scriptwriter believe in medieval-era old wives' tales like this?
Japan knows that colds come from viruses and not from """chakras being out of balance""" or something, right?
I mean I knew China believed in all that retarded TCM shit where you can cure cancer with bull penises and acupuncture, but I thought Japan was a little smarter about this sort of thing.

yes

This is just a common trope, even in the West, to give an excuse for some characters to get sick and other characters take care of them. It isn't supposed to be realistic.

I catch a cold every spring and autumn after getting wet in the rain or otherwise cold. Checkmate atheists

Literally everyfuckingwhere has that misconception.

Well, no wonders English call the disease a "cold".

its only relatively recently that we figured out it was people just being closer together to avoid cold weather. proximity to other filthy humans is what makes you sick in winter, not the lower temp themselves. not all "colds" are rhinovirus either. some can be sinus infections, bronchitus, or pneumonia but dumbfucks just think couching sickness is colds.

Low temperatures slow your metabolism and weaken the immune system, which allows an infection that would normally be no issue to develop into a cold.

>you'll catch a cold if you do that!
>they actually don't

it's far more irritating when a character DOES catch a cold just from being cold
it makes me angry at the mangaka

>character falls in knee high water and gets slightly wet
>youll catch a cold!
>HA-choo!

This. How dumb are you retards? No one claims that the cold itself is what causes sickness. Low temperatures just produce an environment within your body that makes it more susceptible for sickness.

>OP being this stupid

>Character gets a cold from being cold

Lower body temp can fuck your immune system. So anything that doesn't bother you can turn into a cold.

This is why I choose not to have friends.
Or a gf.
Or come into contact with anyone more than necessary.

It isn't social anxiety, I'm just being healthy.

Exactly.

>you can't get sick from being cold hurrdurr
Oh yeah? Well try going outside naked for a few hours during winter and see how healthy you are going to be after that, fags.

Oh boy, the shit lonely anons tell themselves.

This why ever since I became a NEET I haven't gotten sick once.

No, no, you've misunderstood, it's all because your body is building up a reserve of arcane power to be released once you become a wizard, and it fights off diseases.

And Gooks believe you will die if you sleep with a fan on the same room. I'll take the being-cold-gives-you-a-cold.

Huh, I guess that explains why I'm never sick

This having nothing to do with being cold, but rather a fear that the fan will "chop up the air"

Good lord

I remember that one time I was in a rush and didn't dry my hair properly. I went to school with the hair wet during the winter, basically. The next day I was sick.

How does your science debunk my anecdotal evidence huh?. Checkmate atheists.

Actually, you're smart. Since dumb people can't get sick, it means that you must have been very intelligent.
That also means that every day that you're not sick, you're actually being very dumb.

Doesn't your body heat itself up to destroy viruses?And getting cold while your body is covertly cooking them would help the viruses which exacerbates your symptoms.