The numbers don't lie

I don't really like it, but you can make sense out of it if you want to.

The average human power level is probably around 5 (literally the first power level shown in a scouter). Assuming Androids can train their bodies just like average humans, just as Krillin for example, they should be able to power up to AT LEAST 15 000 times their BASE power level (last official known Krillin's power level was 75 000 during the Frieza Saga according to V-Jump, I divided that by 5).

Assuming 17's BASE was about the same as a Super Saiyan Goku (officially 150 000 000 during the Frieza Saga according to Daizenshuu 7), then his power level after training like Krillin did should be AT LEAST 2 250 000 000 000, which is comparable to that of Super Saiyan Vegito (calculated at 2 500 000 000 000*). I do believe someone with that kind of power could provide a nice sparring session for Super Saiyan Blue Goku. Then again, that is only an estimate of his potential, he could be much weaker depending on what kind of training he did, maybe it was more similar to that of Yajirobe's (officially 970 during the Saiyan Invasion according to Daizenshuu 7), which will put him at 29 100 000 000, slightly stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks (calculated at 28 000 000 000*)

*dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:The_real_MOST_ACCURATE_list_of_power_levels

A more problematic issue is where and/or with whom did he train to achieve such a thing? Not to mention why he chooses to fight certain aliens that threaten the Island and ignores others that do not only threatened his conversation efforts but his family as well like Majin Buu.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He did 100 pushups 100 situps and ran 10 KM everyday since the last time we saw him.

Nah senpai he would of one hit Goku if he did that.

>trying to make sense of power levels
Bruh just roll with it. It don't make sense.

He's technology

His growth multiplier doesn't have to apply to what normal humans can do. I mean one of the gods of destruction is a fucking robot

This and androids have unlimited stamina so they can train longer and harder.

>an unironic literal power level thread

This is pure autism, who the fuck have the time to do all the calcs

certainly Toriyama doesn't

Was expecting a Scott Steiner. Very disappointed.

>I mean one of the gods of destruction is a fucking robot

You know, i never thought about it that way. Technology is something else in DBZ, Dr. Gero was right.

This.

I thought about using this pic but I was unsure if someone would get it

he's a genetic freak

How do these numbers compare?
youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but what did he mean by "So you can transform like this too?" Or is this a case of shoddy subtitles?

Makes me wonder if he ever confronted Vegeta in this state previously. Not sure, but he seemed awfully calm over the fact that Son Goku turned his hair fucking blue.

Maybe this'll push Son Goku to train even further. I'm already getting kind of tired of the whole "haha I'm really only using 50% of muh power" gimmick although I'm not sure what would be the outcome of SSB Kaio-ken against full power 17.

SSB is just SSJ2 now.

That's because Goku's getting a new form. SSJB is outdated and will replace SSJ1 as the default super mode. SSJBKKx10 is Toei filler used to make fights longer. Limit Break/SSJG3 will be used whenever Goku is truly going serious.

As for 17 being strong, andriods can train and improve their battle power. If going from human to andriod is akin to being reborn with a higher battle power, then you could say that the androids were born with high battle power in a manner similar to Frieza. Like Frieza, a bit of training could mean a massive boost in power for 17. 17 is seen next to Vegeta and Goku in promos, so it shouldn't be shocking to see that he's so strong.

What's scary is what would happen if Pan, Uub, or Cell trained with Whis for a whole year.

>Assuming Androids can train their bodies just like average humans
Pretty big assumption there.

Pretty sure Toriyama confirmed they can.

>Maybe I'm overthinking it, but what did he mean by "So you can transform like this too?" Or is this a case of shoddy subtitles?

I'm pretty it's a case of shoddy subtitles. Too can mean "as well", but it can also be used to describe something in excess like in the phrase "he ate too much".

Toriyama confirmed they could train years ago even before Super started.

17 and 18 have infinite energy. All they have to do to become stronger is keep finding more ways to use more energy at once. Increasing their bandwidth if you will. They could fire energy blasts out of every surface of their body at once, constantly, forever.

You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Son Goku and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another budoka, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a cybernetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add 18 to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way, at the Tournament of Power, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Piccolo KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So Son Goku, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at ToP. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at ToP. See Goku, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at ToP.

>17 and 18 have infinite energy
How does that even work? And how come people still have to work if that kind of technology exists, they should be living in (or at least heading to) a post-scarcity economy.

Gains are not linear. They are exponential.

I don't think ki works as fuel.

What's wrong with you all? Wasn't this episode filler? I'm pretty sure this recruiting arc is just filler so the manga can catch up a bit. I doubt that this bullshit and the fight vs krillin and 18 is canon.

I think the point is that if technology is at the level that they can splice a human together with technology to make beings as/more powerful that freaking super saiyans, they can make a burger flipping machine.

It's all energy, which can be converted to motion. Regardless, you are forgetting they do not have ki. Whatever powers them is probably the same thing that powers 16, which was entirely robotic and also capable of producing unlimited energy

It is anime cannon, which for DBS in particular is the same level of cannon as the manga unless noted otherwise by the author.

The big problem is that americans still believe 18 and 17 are androids and not cyborgs
There is no reason why they shouldnt be able to train their human parts with INFINITE STAMINA

It's obvious, but I always forget that they're called androids in the west even though they're cyborgs.
Thing is that it's been running so long that they can't very well just start calling them cyborg 17 and cyborg 18 now.
It would be like suddenly changing goku's name because of some technicality.

One of the biggest plothole in Dragon Ball is that Bulma should know how to build andriods now after anazlying and even improving Dr Gero's work so how come Earth in Dragon Ball never experienced a Robot/Cyborg/Android Revolution?

And it isn't like being biological wasn't a possible extinction event in Dragon Ball since some super virus managed to infect and kill aliens like Goku as well as humans and it took a super long ass time for a vaccine to be developed.

I am just wondering that when everyone starts getting old and retiring from fighting bad guys, how come Bulma didn't create some Andriods that would protect Earth after Goku passes away and the Saiyan DNA becomes so diluted that Goku's descendants become more human than Saiyan and are inferior to their ancestor, Goku, in strength?

I just realized infinite stamina means they don't need to rest when having sex and they could go on indefinitely for as long as they want to.

Yeah it's Canon like those shitty sol episodes were with the baseball match and whatnot

Maybe only a small amount of the population can be successfully converted to androids, maybe they had some sort of special mutation that allowed them to survive the process

You say that but they might be remembered like pic related 20 years from now.

>it's ok if everyone dies as long as they do it at the same time
seriously wtf?

the real question is this:
is he /ourguy/?

>Trying to acknowledge Powerlevels

If power levels were realistic than fighting on earth should leave large scale enivormental impact. Their attacks would be those of planet destruction.

he's my guy, for sure

me too, user. There's no way he comes back out of nowhere, casually fights SSBlue and just jobs immediately in the tournament. He's gonna bust out some wicked shit.

I think the first 3 to go out will be vegeta, piccolo and gohan

See the problem with power levels is that people assume a linear progression when with just a little thought that becomes foolish proposition.

There are people who took the Goku 3 Beerus 7 Whis 10 stuff literally

>the numbers don't lie
>except Toriyama says numbers don't even matter anymore

Power level autists. They're obsessed with calculating the power of fictional characters. Some of them even create huge Excel sheets about power levels.

No, no toriyama does not.
Toei and Toro not having the talent or love of the IP to make the exceedingly and bullet proof internal logic and canon of DB fucking work is an embarassment.
And throwing out everything that makes it the fucking world wide phenomenon it is because they don't have the fucking skill or fucks to give about making even partially decent stories is embarassing.

God's sake. Goku wasn't even the main focus of 99% of the fucking stories in DBZ! It was litterally EVERYONE FUCKING ELSE!

So far he is pretty much a male #18. Kinda boring re-characterization probably for now.

So the numbers don't lie and they spell disaster for his opponents?

It's canon that they don't grow or change no matter what.
It's also canon that having unlimited stamina means nothing.
Why?
Because they don't have magical instantaneous healing.
They get hurt they are fucked till they can heal and rest. Period.
Problem is that since they never ever get tired or worn down there is no reason for their bodies to ever adapt.

And since senzu beans exist and they are instant stamina regain, that means that anyone who can metabolize the magical fruit has 100% unlimited stamina.

No one who's abused senzu has gotten the ridiculous jumps in power that 17 has from just casually doing nothing.

Dude, I was honestly hoping that there would be a short story where Piccolo stumbled upon 17 in the forests and they would have an uneasy friendly banter before they get into a full on fist fight.

Would have liked it if he called upon Piccolo to help him with some galactic poachers and they would spar and train.

>Has a wife and three kids
probably not desu

It doesn't actually produce unlimited ki. It passively harnesses ki from the environment to power them and their attacks.

It's why they don't seem to have any ki and blend in with the environment.

They also have to have a pretty standard homeostasis going to have a perfect balance of energy absorption and output. Meaning that they're cybernetic enhancements can not be boosted. But their human bodies can at best train to be about as strong as a high level human. Like chaosu or yajirobe.

>the universe will get blown up
>including his family
>17: "If they die, they die."
This may make a case.

I can't see Vegeta jobbing right off the bat but he's definitely not going to be one of the last men standing either. Piccolo and Gohan are definitely going to job quickly though.. We don't see Piccolo doing anything in the OP/ED sequences and Gohan always finds a way to disappoint his fans.

It piss me off how mixed up the whole "Android" and "Cyborg" became due to DB.

I am inclined to think it was originally meant to be that they called them Android because they literally didn't know they used to be humans. Since the actual names were cut off on all the other versions why not the part at which they realise they were wrong all along?

This is ridiculous.

You are assuming that Ki training, or body training, is compatible with the Androids Cyborgs and that it would make them grow exponentially rather than just add up on parallel, which would make more sense, based on literally nothing

He meant
>You can transform into a blue faggot as well as a yellow faggot?

I can see Vegeta/gohan going overboard and getting DQ'd. Vegeta is definitely susceptible to trickery and unusual battle tactics. It wouldn't make me happy, but one of the strongest is definitely going to go down for the shock factor and we all know it's not going to be goku.

>Dragon Ball is that Bulma should know how to build andriods now after anazlying and even improving Dr Gero's work

She never actually did that. She got 17 and 18's blue prints and understood JUUUUST enough to make a shut off switch.
Hell, she tried to rebuild 16 and she and her father spent days busting ass to rebuild him and only ended up doing a barely passable job and making him weaker.

Bulma is probably the greatest scientific mind in the universe. But she's not an expert and super advanced in all fields.

She can't carry Gero's jockstrap when it comes to tech AI and bio engineering. And she knows it.

OOOOOoor... power levels are bullshit

I still don't get it. Why 17 can fight Blue Goku toe-to-toe? The latter has gotten so powerful from fights and trainings he was a god for a short while while the former beat up some jobbers while watching wild animal pooping.

He is at least twice as strong as a super sayian since 18 could beat the crap out of full power SSJ vegeta

then he is an android, he can absorve energy to get more powerfull
why dont you think he kill the hunters? so he can suck the energy again tomorrow
not mix the training of shiting in the woods + constant battles against fucking hunters + energy sucking
now multiply this for 11 years

from all the bullshit powerups. he is the only one that makes sense

Yeah, a fucking SSJ from the Trunks saga. Not a fucking SSJ from the EoZ.

And no. No he can not absrob energy to get more powerful. Only Gero an 19 could do that.

He could had gain that ability after getting absorved by cell. just like cell got the ability of instant transmission from goku

>He is at least twice as strong as a super sayian since 18 could beat the crap out of full power SSJ vegeta
Vegeta was still super saiyan when he faced Cell. When he fought Android 18, he wasn't a full power super saiyan. Also, Android 17 and 18 have explicitly stated to not have the energy absorption feature.

>He could had gain that ability after getting absorved by cell.
That's not how absorption works. Otherwise, Gohan, Trunks, Goten and Piccolo would all have Buu's magic and regeneration powers. Goku also didn't "absorb Cell".

Remember he didn't have access to a time chamber or god ki training, so he must have been training hard to keep up

they were holding back

I keep an doc for DBS trivia like what kind of vegetables did Goku harvested lettuces, carrots and turnips . I am yet to digitalize my old pen and paper DBZ notes.

>It passively harnesses ki from the environment to power them and their attacks.
So it's just sage mode?

They were modified on cellular level, meaning they are naturally (well, artificially) strong at that level

I'm gonna put an end to the power scaling squabbles once and for all

In DBZ, a transformation is described (I believe by Zarbon) as necessary when the body cannot handle any more energy. It transforms to be capable of housing more ki. Therefore, a transformation is merely a change in form.

For example, say Goku's Saiyan body is able to withstand 25% of his maximum power (this is a random number) before his Ki would tear him apart. Using more than 25% would result in a need to transform. In a Super Saiyan Blue form, he should be able to go anywhere from 0-100%, but in his base form he can only go from 0-25%.

This is based on canonical fact, so YES, Goku was holding back against krillin, buu, and 17&18; Just because he was super saiyan blue doesn't necessarily mean he was at the minimum power level required to achieve super saiyan blue.
Proof? Pic Related. When Krillin gently tosses a pebble at a sleeping super saiyan goku he is hurt despite in a Super Saiyan form.

Stay tuned for part II

Super Saiyan Blue beat someone with a power level of 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 though

He still has SSB+KK.

Official Power Levels (all the math, study and research has been done. It has been confirmed as accurate and true by the most hardcore Dragon Ball fans from Kanzenshuu):

>Saiyan saga
Vegeta (Great Ape): 100,000
Goku (Kaioken x3): 24,000
Vegeta: 18,000
Goku (Kaioken): 16,000
Gohan (Great Ape): 13,200
Goku (after training): 8,000
Nappa: 6,000
Piccolo (after training): 3,500
King Kai: 3,500
King Yemma: 2,000
Tien (after training): 1,830
Krillin (after training): 1,770
Raditz: 1,500
Yamcha (after training): 1,480
Gohan (after training): 1,320
Saibamen: 1,200
Yajirobe (after training): 970
Chiaotzu (after training): 610

>end of DB / start of Z
Goku: 416
Piccolo: 408
Kami: 320
Mr. Popo: 300
Tien: 250
Krillin: 206
Korin: 190
Master Roshi (buffed): 180
Yamcha: 177
Yajirobe: 168
Chiaotzu: 152
Master Roshi: 139
Chi-Chi: 130
Farmer with shotgun: 5

part II

Ok, so Goku was holding back, but why use super saiyan blue? Fighting Krillin, super saiyan probably would have been strong enough. For buu, he could have probably used super saiyan 3. So why blue?

Against Krillin? You could argue that Goku wanted to see how Krillin would react facing a God. After all, this is a fight with the strongest fighters from several different universes. But this doesn't make as much for former killers such as buu or 17 (or 18 for that matter).

I have a theory that Goku is using Super saiyan Blue as often as he can to eliminate the stamina draining effect, similar to the training he and Gohan did in preparation for the Cell games. Its stated multiple times that it requires enormous stamina. When Vegeta uses it twice in a row in the Universe 6 tournament, it is far less effective the second time. Goku is simply aiming to be able to use God Ki almost passively, so he can move on to bigger and better forms.

>Namek saga
SSJ Goku: 150,000,000
Frieza (Final Form 100%): 120,000,000
Goku (Kaioken x20): 60,000,000
Frieza (Final Form 50%): 60,000,000
Goku (Kaioken x10): 30,000,000
Frieza (Final Form): 3,000,000
Goku (Zenkai boost): 3,000,000
Vegeta (Zenkai boost #3): 2,400,000
Frieza (3rd form): 2,120,000
Piccolo (fused w/ Nail): 1,260,000
Frieza (2nd form): 1,060,000
Gohan (enraged): 1,000,000
Frieza: 530,000
Goku (Kaioken): 180,000
Captain Ginyu: 120,000
Gohan (Zenkai boost #2): 100,000
Goku: 90,000
Vegeta (Zenkai boost #2): 60,000
Recoome: 46,000
Jeice: 44,000
Burter: 42,000
Nail: 42,000
Vegeta (Zenkai boost): 30,000
Zarbon (Transformed): 28,000
Gohan (Zenkai boost): 25,000
Vegeta: 24,000
Zarbon: 23,000
Ginyu (in Goku's body): 23,000
Dodoria: 22,000
Cui: 18,000
Gohan (Potential unlocked): 14,000
Krillin (Potential unlocked): 13,000 (tops at 75,000 vs Frieza)
Guldo: 10,000
Namekian warriors: 3,000
Krillin: 1,800
Gohan: 1,500
Frieza's soldiers: 1,400
Namekians: 1,000

>Android saga
SSJ2 Gohan: 7,500,000,000
Super Perfect Cell: 7,500,000,000
Perfect Cell (powered up): 4,500,000,000
MSSJ Gohan (enraged): 3,750,000,000
Perfect Cell: 2,600,000,000
MSSJ Goku: 2,500,000,000
Cell Juniors: 2,000,000,000
USSJ Vegeta: 1,800,000,000
USSJ Trunks: 1,700,000,000
Semi-Perfect Cell: 860,000,000
Android #16: 500,000,000
Piccolo (fused w/ Kami): 360,000,000
Android #17: 360,000,000
Android #18: 350,000,000
Imperfect Cell: 320,000,000
SSJ Vegeta: 280,000,000
SSJ Goku: 270,000,000
SSJ Trunks: 255,000,000
Piccolo (without weights): 180,000,000
Mecha Frieza: 150,000,000
King Cold: 120,000,000
Dr. Gero: 100,000,000
Android #19: 70,000,000
Vegeta (after 3 years): 5,600,000
Goku (after 3 years): 5,400,000
Piccolo (after 3 years): 5,000,000
Gohan (after 3 years): 3,000,000
Krillin (after 3 years): 150,000
Tien (after 3 years): 120,000
Yamcha (after 3 years): 100,000
Goku: 3,600,000
Trunks: 3,400,000
Vegeta: 2,800,000
Piccolo: 1,800,000
Gohan: 250,000
Krillin: 75,000
Tien: 60,000
Yamcha: 50,000
Chiaotzu: 13,000
Hercule: 10

*USSJ = Ultra Super Saiyan
*MSSJ = Mastered Super Saiyan

>Buu saga
Super Vegito: 400,000,000,000
Super Buu (Gohan absorbed): 200,000,000,000
Super Buu (Gotenks absorbed): 120,000,000,000
Mystic Gohan: 90,000,000,000
SSJ3 Gotenks: 44,000,000,000
Super Buu (Piccolo absorbed): 42,000,000,000
Super Buu: 40,000,000,000
SSJ3 Goku: 30,000,000,000
Kid Buu: 30,000,000,000
Majin Buu: 25,000,000,000
Vegito: 8,000,000,000
SSJ2 Vegeta: 8,000,000,000
SSJ2 Goku: 8,000,000,000
SSJ2 Gohan: 5,700,000,000
Kibito Kai: 5,600,000,000
SSJ Gotenks: 5,500,000,000
SSJ Goku: 4,000,000,000
SSJ Vegeta: 4,000,000,000
SSJ Gohan: 2,850,000,000
Dabura: 2,800,000,000
Supreme Kai: 2,300,000,000
Piccolo: 1,200,000,000
Yakon: 640,000,000
SSJ Kid Trunks: 525,000,000
SSJ Goten: 500,000,000
Gotenks: 110,000,000
Gohan (Z Sword): 90,000,000
Goku: 80,000,000
Vegeta: 64,000,000
Gohan: 57,000,000
Kibito: 56,000,000
Kid Trunks: 10,500,000
Goten: 10,000,000
Tien: 250,000
Krillin: 240,000
Pui Pui: 180,000
Spopovitch: 30
Yamu: 28
Videl: 21
Hercule: 10
Pintar: 8

*Base Vegito is based on the manga, not anime.

Unlikely, surely Toriyama keeps up a detailed mathematical model of the progression in ki-based battle power gains derived from training controlled for race, gender, age and protagonism.

I'm happy 17 gets to come back and be a cool badass but I'm sad that 18 is stuck on the sidelines not being a cool badass. Maybe she'll be a cool badass for the next arc.

Also >tfw Tien will never be relevant again.

source?

As long as you have SSJ3 Goku above SSJ gotenks this list will always be shit.

I guess that makes sense, a rock shouldn't be able to harm a SSJ, it could be argued that it was a filler episode but then it's filler what we are discussing right now. Regardless, shouldn't using 0.0000000001% of you power level pose a challenge on itself, maybe that's part of SSJB Goku's ki-control training.

0/10 poor bait

Prove it wrong faggot.

interesting theory user

You have to prove your assertion first.

You're the one making the retarded claim that SSJ Gotenks is stronger than SSJ3 Goku.

Chapter: 476 (DBZ 282), P9.3
Piccolo: “If that bastard felt like it, he could wipe out the entire Earth, up here included, in the blink of an eye…!”
Goku: “It’s alright, I don’t think he’ll take out the Earth. After all, I told him that in 2 days, someone stronger than me would fight him, and he seemed happy…”

Chapter: 472 (DBZ 278), P9.4
Context: after explaining that Fusion lasts 30 minutes
Goku: “With these two, if they just manage to perform Fusion successfully, I think they’ll definitely be able to defeat him within 30 minutes. Fusion is just that extreme.”

Chapter: 482 (DBZ 288), P7.2-3
Context: after Super Saiyan Gotenks forms for the first time
Piccolo: “…Yeah…Your ki really is absolutely incredible, but how about your movement?...Show me a little”
Gotenks: “Is that alright? If I show you here, the house might break. I’ll do it on the ground.”

The latter 2 quotes do nothing to your point.

The first could simply refer to Goku in his base form or his SSJ form, or the fact that SSJ3 is hard to maintain for long periods of time, therefore making it inefficient to fight with.

Quit being a power level Mark. SSJ3 Goku is 400x Goku's base power level. That's higher than Goten's max SSJ power level x 2.

it isn't filler. Episode 169 go check it out. I also agree that Goku very well COULD be using these weak opponents as ki control training

Goku in his base form can beat Majin Buu?
Piccolo can't sense ki?
Goku's SSJ3 is 2x Majin Buu?
Kys

Gotenks and Goten are to different entities?

Piccolo could sense Majin Buu
Piccolo can sense Gotenks,
Goku knew nothing of the weakness of SSJ3 until her was revived.
And if Goku believe Gotenks could defeat Majin buu in less than 30 mins, that has to put SSJ Gotenks at the same realm of power as SSJ3 Goku.

it happened in the manga though

Not him but thinking =/= knowing

Goku has been wrong plenty of times before.
Using "Goku thought Y can beat X" isn't really a good argument.

And gotenks fusing and Piccolo being able to sense both Goku's SSJ3 and Majin Buu's power and not telling Gotenks that he was too weak to fight majin buu.

Did they all just suddenly lose the ability to sense Ki?

When did Gotenks power contradict Goku's statement? When was Goku's statement ever proven false?

AND THEY SPELL DISASTER
FOR SENIOR JOE
AT SACRIFICE

he trained for 10 years. frieza trained for 6 months. he was stronger than frieza base.