Fate stay night Realta Nua - Avalon

what the fuck do they even do in Avalon? It's just a bunch of grass and a gay tree, shit's gonna get boring fast.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iQfyR7D7s4g
youtube.com/watch?v=rXFSDOzmgQw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's wrong with gay trees?

mana transfers feel great

There are fairies and you can chill with Merlin

Ponos in vagoo.

i want gay trees

Even fucking grass will become interesting after 5 minutes with Boreturia.

>youtube.com/watch?v=iQfyR7D7s4g

They chill in a frozen moment of glorious melancholy.

Make lots and lots of babies in a log cabin.

shit taste, it's beautiful

Avalon has wifi in the tower

>You will never shitpost from Avalon

Threesomes with this literal semen demon.

Merlin canonically shitposts from Avalon
and also catfishes Solomon, king of all magic

This is fanart, right?

Shirou's gonna go crazy if he doesn't have at least a few brown people to take pot shots at.

Merlin was able to run an idol blog and cybergsex with King Solomon, I'm sure he can give them free cable if they ask.

Solomon is pretty hot, I'll catfish him too.

Traditionally in afterlife theology, positive afterlives have an all-encompassing sense of satisfaction and bliss in a manner that you cannot acquire with a meat-brain (that constantly seeks finite quantities of dopamine and serotonin).
Francis Drake's profile confirms that Avalon is within the land of the dead, even if the people there are "alive by technicality".

Saber a shit. Sakura is Shirou's true love.

nah

So it's like being high 24/7?

I don't know if I like that idea.

Shirou feels refreshed, youthful and fulfilled. It's more a warm content that heals his wounds and fixes his emptiness. Makes him feel nostalgic too.

Roughly speaking. You still keep all your cognitive functions, but boredom becomes a choice rather than an automatic result of lacking significant enrichment.

>Arturia stuck into eternal slumber until some ginger guy arrives and both become normal people when they awake
>Arthur goes into worlds saving adventures to meet his waifu again

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe it's my meat-brain, but I just can't comprehend what is essentially, being sitting around in an empty field for all eternity.

I'd need some kind of stimulation. Eventually even sex without get monotonous.

what is essentially heaven*

Merlin is able to kept himself amused and he's stuck in a tower, but Merlin has Clairvoyance and item creation. So there's that.

Maybe they could be dispatched to save the world as Male Arthur is, but doesn't sound likely. It sounds like they can only be reunited when her 'duty as the king' ends and she's allowed to be a person. But sucks her duty consists in a dreamless slumber while Arthur hops around worlds cutting down monsters and shit.

That is indeed your meat-brain singing for enrichment. Boredom is an accident of chemistry.
See, your brain evolved to make you want to do things, because if you were happy with not doing things, you'd lay on the ground until you die of dehydration, blissful but ephemeral.
But you can't die of dehydration in an afterlife! So that impulse to action is deleted.

what is this people qualified to be grand caster?

>Empty field
Avalon is literally a home for all magical creatures who fled the destruction of the Ages of Gods.

Clairvoyance Trio.

That seems even more concerning. Like, living in Avalon can changes the facets of who I am. Make me a lazy piece of shit.

I mean, I like to sit on my ass a fair bit, don't get me wrong, but eternity would be a bit long.

All I've ever seen of it is a big field. Would love to see more if it's cooler than what's been presented to me.

They can discuss how Saber is actually a really weak servant without her literal invincibility

Because the focus was a reunion. You can see Merlin's tower in his NP:

youtube.com/watch?v=rXFSDOzmgQw

And if you pan the field, you can see mountains and a lake. Merlin has WiFi and a computer. He used to run a blog pretending to be an idol, Magi Mari, to help Roman.

>That seems even more concerning. Like, living in Avalon can changes the facets of who I am. Make me a lazy piece of shit.
It doesn't "make" you do anything. You can be as active as you desire. You simply will not be punished for being inactive as a living entity would.

But I mean, if it's altering your mental state to feel content, that's still a little worrying.

I don't know, man. Goes back to the meat-brain thing. We're dancing around the concept of eternal happiness, and while that sound great, I just can't comprehend it properly. Don't think anyone really can.

>Like, living in Avalon can changes the facets of who I am. Make me a lazy piece of shit.

Are you retarded? We have an example of Merlin who has been stuck there for thousand of years and he hasn't lost or changed who he was. Sounds like you're just trying to shit on a happy ending because Rin and Sakura got the short end of the stick.

Sounds to me like you're trying to bring a shipping debate (fuckin' lol) onto a discussion of how exactly you could stave off boredom in the face of eternal life.

>But I mean, if it's altering your mental state to feel content, that's still a little worrying.
It's not. Your default state is content, which is to say, there are no crises or ongoing issues. It's boredom as a result of lack of enrichment that results in agitation. It's preserving your mental state, if anything, preventing a degradation associated with the passage of time.

Doesn't our desire to seek "enrichment" help define who we are, though? Even if it's just shit like watching anime. We gain hobbies and personal interests through trying to stave off boredom.

If you're constantly content, that sounds like something that could chip away at a piece of what constructs the idea of your "self."

Was Last Episode a good addition to FSN?

Only if you're defining yourself by your hobbies and interests. Buddha disapproves of such transient attachment.

>Last Episode
Is just a flashback. The ending is called Realta Nua.

Well that's definitely getting into some deeper philosophy shit if I try and start to define who I am without the connotations of what I do.

It's a utopia. I'm sure they're fine.

It's 'aight. I mean it is what it is. A little addendum Nasu added for people who wanted a happier ending to the Fate route. He eventually got around to jotting up an epilogue to UBW too, and I'm sure the movies will expand the ending to HF as well.

In Buddhism the self is reflected in the eternity of understanding. By defining yourself through what is material you lose the self. Those things are more you than you and thus you forget about the person that can choose.

You are able to do, but to be what you do is to lose the one that chooses to do. The ability to understand what you do becomes marred.

It's why Buddha preached moderation.

Guess it goes back to what there is to "choose" while in Avalon. What good is there to have a proper understanding of "you," if "you" can't really do all that much.

But hey, if there's wifi though, that's cool too. Any one of us could be shitposting from Avalon right now and not even know it.

What are your top 3 favourite endings (true, good, bad) in FSN?

This is why you're not enlightened user and why you'll never see the kaleidoscope of the thread of time shimmering through the bubbles of the infinite as they refract the light of nirvana painting the eyes of the fish swimming through the endless cosmos captured in the reflection of a mirror that is the dollop of morning dew.

UBW True
UBW Good
Sparks Liner High

oh no

Continuation of the Dream
Return to Spring
Mind of Steel

>tfw I'll finally be able to read Grand Order and people won't be able to make fun of me anymore for not knowing what the fuck people were speaking about during discussion that involved GO material

Too bad Orleans and Septem are pretty boring.

Everyone knows this as much as they try to deny it.

Sakura >> the world

Stop samefagging Sakura

You mean Shirou

Good you can shitpost with us about Nero.

Playing Extella was enough to make me hate Nero. Holy fuck, what a mess. And I thought Saberwank was bad, at least Saberwank has half a reason to be justified mythos wise. Nerowank is fucking out of nowhere just because fuck you Nero da bes.

As long as my waifu is happy, I'm happy!

Yeah, you're going to love Septem.

I only played Extra and thought Nero was pretty fun. What happened user?

Oh, I know. Some user gave me a summary of it the other day and I was baffled.

That the Extra anime is gonna be even more Nerowank doesn't help either.

Saber Venus happened.

It's ok, lots of other orders and characters compensate for that.

1/3.

Does the self-insert has any semblance of character? Or if he's just a silent self-insert everyone loves because it's (you)?

It's a blank self-insert, sometimes have some dialogue and scenes (in the prologue for example, but most of it was axed in First Order), but it's not even their story. So yes, basically that's the reason.

What a shame. I enjoyed Hakuno a lot because despite being a seemingly blank self-insert at first had very nice sparks of character and personality here and there. It was a pleasant surprise.

Most of the time, there's zero personality, but not everyone loves (you) romantically. So there's that at least.

It's a real shame. Nasu used to write some really interesting protagonists.

I guess when you go down the mobage route though, you're already deep diving into wish fulfillment. Better to go all the way and strip out any sense of personality.

Extra and CCC were in a way Hakuno's story (their journey to be a person). Extella suffers because this element is taken away, except for Altera's route, I guess.

FGO is Roman's story, with Mashu also growing as a person. Maybe part 2 will be different, but I somewhat doubt it. Nasu said it was just a self insert blank character.

>Nasu used to write some really interesting protagonists.
Nasu still did an interesting protagonist. The main character is more of an audience surrogate rather than the focus of the show. Think about Christine in Phantom of the Opera or Watson in Sherlock Holmes. The narrator and POV aren't the one the story is about.

You, the player, are not the protagonist of Grand Order. Romani Archaman is.

Well, the discussion is not about (you) being the protagonist but about (you) having a personality or not.

(you) are (you),if they give you a personality, it would clash with self inserting. I'm not saying I like it. Because Nasu could have done a happy middle ground by merging Roman and the player character.

You seemed to intend to degrade the story by calling it "wish fulfilment", which is incorrect and to be disputed.

You said this
>Nasu used to write some really interesting protagonists.
The protagonist of the story was very interesting.

Hakuno was also a (you) but he had a personality.

That was not me. I'm

With mobage inserts it's a lot more slimy than the stories you mentioned. Having a character who exists to be an audience insert can work with varying degrees of success, but here it's mostly just to bait you into repeatedly spending money, and that's kind of the biggest shame.

Without even the hope of a proper personality or character development, (You) are just there to cough up cash to hang out with all your favorite servants who dote over how great (You) are.

>shit's gonna get boring fast
>Having the chance to live and fuck eternally with Saber
I wouldn't mind.

they sex

Alright so fucking apparently, GO is now the "core" of the fate series????

So all this shit I've read and watched and played (VN, HA, zero, extra, Extella, SF, Apocrypha, prisma illya) means fucking nothing? What the fuck?

As EOP, am I just gonna have to wait for GO usa release to experience the "actual" fate universe? Why did Nasu pull this shit?

Hakuno wasn't (you), Nasu said in a blog/interview Guda is the only 100% self insert. Hakuno had a backstory.

Naturally, but for their genre and medium, those were audience surrogates too.

>So all this shit I've read and watched and played (VN, HA, zero, extra, Extella, SF, Apocrypha, prisma illya) means fucking nothing? What the fuck?
PARALEL WORLD
A
R
A
L
E
L

W
O
R
L
D

>So all this shit I've read and watched and played (VN, HA, zero, extra, Extella, SF, Apocrypha, prisma illya) means fucking nothing? What the fuck?

No. Think of it like FSN, and the stuff before it, were Warcraft, while FGO is WoW. The former is the base that established everything, while the latter is the radically popular product that has a means of updating the story continuously.

They milked all they could out of the original fate. GO gives them a whole new cow.

FGO seems to be the core of the whole TM not just Fate.

>and the stuff before it

and the stuff around it*

>I have to wait for 3 months, NOOOOOOOO

what would Personas be classified in Nasuverse? PSI?

>From the beginning of the planning phase, I thought, "Fate Grand Order has to be this grand story where every single character from all the Fate/ series until now would show up, or else it would be pointless." Then I felt extreme, thinking "even if I die, I have to pass this on to the next person… Actually, I should just pour all of my chips and assets into this." This is why I had to put in everything up into this and turn it into the core setting of the Fate/ universe.

I firmly believe that Shirou and Taiga would've been the happiest pairing.

FGO core is taken from Prototype, not FSN.

FGO's core isn't taken from anything, it is its own core.

She's in love with Kiritsugu.