Is Kuma Miko the first black comedy SOL?

Is Kuma Miko the first black comedy SOL?

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/1046678/16eec86746/
yaraon-blog.com/archives/86533
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I really couldn't tell if they meant for the ending to be so horrible as a joke or they didn't even realize how sad it was

Should I watch this?

Kuma miko last few episodes were shit though, thanks to that shitty director for putting an original ending instead of following the manga.

That was the biggest "Fuck you" moment in anime. Seriously, the backlash from that to the producing company was so well deserved. I hope they went out of business for how fucking horrible they were to a fictional child. Nothing about what happened to her in the end was acceptable.

I want my expectations and happiness back.

Watch at your own risk. All but the last two(?) episodes are silly and entertaining bear + miko comedy.

>black comedy
No amount of damage control can redeem what happened. Machi didn't deserve this.
No, spare yourself from this travesty.

There was a black comedy sol back in 2012 or so that was pretty popular because the Deadman Wonderland fans and other children thought it was going to be some kind of grimdark suffering fest.

>I hope they went out of business for how fucking horrible they were to a fictional child.
Jeez you guys are only making me more curious now.

I went into this after seeing the reaction on Sup Forums and never got emotionally invested in the characters so I was able to laugh at even the hardcorest of bullying.

Terrible as in QUALITY or just sad and depressing?

It's not going to be obvious until the end of the last episode.

Imagine a brick dropping on a kid's head as he blows out his birthday candles on his third birthday. That's the kind of bullshit we got.

It hurt so bad to delete my "cute faces that machi makes" folder when the show ended. But I needed to forget.

It's pretty dark for what started out as a comedy anime about a girl who talks to a bear

>what happened in the last episode with her breaking
>somehow being shown as a good thing
It was like throwing a party for getting cancer or something, really bizarre.

Yeah, you can just watch up to episode 9 and forget anything that happens afterwards, it's basically what said, this is all that shitty director's fault, I heard he even disappeared of any social media after the anime because everyone hated him, really it could've been such a good SOL.

>It's not going to be obvious until the end of the last episode.
It was already a bit dubious at episode 8 but the end of episode 12 where Machi is just completely mindbroken was over the line.

Why are you guys being so coy about spoilers if it's so terrible that no one should watch it?

It's not that bad, people just gets triggered way too easily when the subject is loli abuse, altough I do have to agree that the ending was pretty shitty.

Because it's not terrible, it's good until it goes full original, I don't even consider the end as a part of Kuma Miko.

So this anime is not worth watching because bad things happens in it?

>cute faces that machi makes

desu senpai alot of the gags and machi bullying felt like they went a little too far.

Retards being angry at a gag manga was a good sideshow.

I fapped to this scene.
>almost every machi doujin is group rape
I just wanted a sole male rape, where can I get that.

What a fun light-hearted SOL.

I got a huge boner watching her getting bullied but then it went too far

No, it's pretty great

Sup Forums is just full of retards who can't handle anything other than straightforward SoL. As soon as this veered into a deconstruction of the genre they all threw a hissy fit.

Sup Forums would hate EVA if it was released today too.

what happens to the poor girl?

I'm not going to watch the anime, but now I'm interested and I want to know what happened

The backstory is literally about bears raping and eating little girls, so I'd say the ending could have been worse.

>deconstruction
You're fucking retarded.

Okay, just made an rss feed to download all the episodes.
I better not be underwhelmed by whatever they pull at the end.

>deconstruction of the genre

I love this meme.

10/10 i'm dead

Those episodes were fun, especially since I could relate but the last one, no, the last arc isn't like that, instead of some light hearted suffering that Machi could forget quick, she's basically destroyed at the end of the last episode, I even remember the mangaka talking about that on twitter saying that the anime went too far.

Slice of Life can have regular drama you know.

But this is bullshit.

I started to love her by the first episode, her smile and that innocent look in her eyes really reached my heart.
Seeing the way they treated her crushed me.

The bullying parts didn't bother me, my issue is that the ending made no sense, Machi learned nothing and is now stuck forever in that village out of fear, that whole idol segment was a mistake.

MUH COMFY faggots getting blown the fuck out.Dont get me wrong, I like comfy when the source is one but this is a gag/comedy manga revolving around machi being scared of big city things.

Do your best, Machi-chan!

It's not bullshit, it's called absurdist comedy. This is the Seinfeld or Curb your enthusiasm of anime.

The adults surrounding her conspired in order to make her suffer until her mind broke. I'm not joking.

Not even that Shiwasu no Okina doujin could make up for how bad this show ended.

Do all Japanese villages have a town rapist like Yoshio?

Only the most backwoods hick villages, because without the town rapist their birthrates would be even lower than they are now.

You mean the flipped the script halfway through from a SOL to a mindbreak doujin?

No, those are found universally only in Moldova.

>film crew goes to the sticks to film an all-day orgy
>Machi and that blonde chick sneak in to check it out because all they heard were the first two words of the above sentence
>accidentally get dragged into it and get pumped full of cum all day
God, my dick.

>without the town rapist their birthrates would be even lower than they are now

that's so fucked

>Tries to rape Machi
>Uses her to promote the village
>Doesn't give a fuck about her well being and forces her to become an idol against her will
I heard he's a lot better in the manga, but what the hell man.

The funny part is that doujin actually had a happier ending than the anime even though it starts with her being coerced into group sex.

So many people got mad at this ending.
Pathetic fucks.

>Uses her to promote the village
>Doesn't give a fuck about her well being and forces her to become an idol against her will
That was original, not in the manga.
>Tries to rape Machi
I mean if I knew a JC as cute and sexy as Machi, I would try to rape her too, who wouldn't?

Tomino was right

This is a good dark comedy then?

>people actually think that ending was acceptable

>That was original, not in the manga.
Wait, the mind break ending wasn't in the manga? What the fuck, who directed this shit.

Machi abuse was the right thing to do.

SZS is a good dark comedy, this is just bad.

That's why people were so mad you dork. Because the director and everybody else in that production just went off the rails and made it this sick mind break fetish fuel.

Basically ALL the idolshit is original, why do you think nips and Sup Forums were so mad at the director after the anime ended?

So the comedy was bad or just because of the dark ending? Or are the characters bad?

I don't get it.

Read the thread.

No wonder it flopped.

Kuma MIko: Brotherhood when?

I want to rape Machi.

Imagine Azumanga Daioh were Sakaki gets bit by a herd of cats at once in the last episode, goes full on ptsd, and regresses to the mind of a little child.

Fun times.

At least we got something good out of it
exhentai.org/g/1046678/16eec86746/

I think the comedy was mediocre. I wouldn't recommend it regardless of the original ending.

sekuhara

Full spoilers, read only if you want to know the cause of the shitstorm.

In every episode, we see Machi as socially inept. She's bad with technology, doesn't understand the city, and so on. In the last few episodes, she visits the city, but as a mascot for her town in an idol pageant. The stress gets to her, and she runs away before it starts. She believes that she is being hounded behind her back, though her competition fully supports her as proper friends. After a silly romp through the forest, the bear arrives in the city, posing as a talking mascot. Machi works up her own courage, a surprising twist, and returns to the stage. She does what she can, goofs a little, and walks off. All is well until she returns home; mentally regressed and incredibly dependent on her bear friend. She was so badly traumatized that she refuses to leave her home.

I may have one or two details a bit off, but this is what happened that caused anons to get upset. It was entirely original content, and the show's sales suffered greatly because of it.

not trying to be edgy but how's that sad? that happens nowadays and its pretty normal well except the bear

>and the show's sales suffered greatly because of it
I even remember the nico rating going from great to dogshit, last episode didn't even reach 50% of "great", nips were probably even more mad than us, since the director even deleted his twitter and his wikipedia page after the anime.

That's it?

The way people were talking in this thread it seemed they put literal CP and torture at the end.

I understand being mad at the total asspull though.

She didn't deserve the trauma, and she was earnestly trying her best, only for that to just randomly happen. People wanted cute, not that.

You need to watch to get it, the shift of pace, tone and humour is really bad and even without reading the manga you can feel that there is a problem with that last arc.

>All but the last two(?) episodes are silly and entertaining bear + miko comedy
It was pretty depressing overall and only became worse as it progressed. I had to drop it by the Machi working in the shop episode.

yaraon-blog.com/archives/86533

Finally found the old yaraon article about it, took me a while.

Holy fucking shit it was even worse than I remembered.

No one watches a SoL or gag anime expecting suffering. I wanted a cute light hearted show, not that shit.

I really wonder how elevens manage without subtitles on their screenshots to shitpost with. I guess we have some things better.

Did the director ever explain why he did it?

I'd watch a SoL about suffering with a bad ending.

The ending was basically throwing a surprise party for a broken rape victim saying congrats on getting pregnant

That was a just terrible ending

>Same rating of Glasslip
Embarrassing.

No one did read the manga after ch.17.
You would be unpleasantly surprised how close to anime ending ch.18 was.

This is still being translated? Yeah, I read something like this in previous threads. I guess the mangaka just like to throw the guys doing the anime under the bus, cleaning his/her hands of the shitstorm.

CGDCT but they have ovary cancer

Russian translation only.
I guess Russia loves bears in general.

Oh yes.

I never get what's the big deal about this.

how about SoL about girls in the army with some "bad memories", and a happy ending?
>So Ra No Wo To (Sound of the Sky)
>Kanata Sorami is a bugler in the army in a post-apocalyptic world.

No one likes mecha this decade though. You would need to make Eva isekai first.

The bad ending is what makes it special, user.

Glasslip got that high of a rating? How?

That show is just plain bad.

More like if instead of being told about the invasion and stopping it with the power of music they just get shot in the gut and bleed out in the snow one day while on a patrol

That implies there are people who enjoyed Glasslip which everyone knows to be untrue.

You omitted way too many important details.

Machi WANTS to go to the city. She's the type of village girl that hates being in the sticks and thinks the city life is amazing. This is the premise of the show. Now the bear, Natsu, is very attached to her because they grew up together. Naturally he wouldn't want her to go to the city because he wouldn't be able to live with her there, being a bear and all. The show is about Natsu making challenges for Machi to prepare for the city life like going to a mall and buying things. This culminates in the final episode where Machi does the idol thing. She does do her best but her persecution complex made her think the audience applauding her were jeering her and throwing tomatoes. Natsu is in attendance unbeknownst to Machi after letting her go alone but later changing his mind because he doesn't want Machi to leave. He records her entire performance in video so he has proof that the audience wasn't actually mad. When Machi gets home traumatized and crying about the audience booing her down, the anime makes a point of showing Natsu holding the damn video recorder and throwing it aside just to tell Machi that she doesn't have to try anymore and to forget about going to the city. Then the show rubs it in by showing a Machi talking like a child and saying she doesn't what the things that she had previously bought from the city are.

The show attempted a status-quo ending by traumatizing the main character to the point of infantile regression and repression.

>black comedy SOL
That's Clannad.