D-dont worry guys i am holding back

D-dont worry guys i am holding back

So is it easier to say that SSJ blue got nerfed, rather than saying everyone got a buff in power.

It's so fucking stupid. And what's the excuse retards constantly regurgitate?

>I-it's always been like this!

First of all, no it hasn't. Even the stupid shit that happened in Z at least had an explanation behind them that wasn't just a half-assed "DUDE TRAINING LMAO".

Second, even if the writing has always been like this, that still doesn't justify this flagrant bullshit. If your only defence for shit is to say it's always been shit, then guess what? It's still shit.

Pretty much.

DBZ's problem with power levels was that a few of the characters became so powerful the rest became irrelevant. At-least it was consistent though with power-levels.

DBZ super is shit tier. A ssj2 goku should be able to dominate krillen and 17 easily. Easily. Like it shouldn't even be a challenge. Yet both are able to stand up, even if momentarily, to SSJB.

It's just an anime series. Don't take it seriously.

They both say multiple times in the episode that they're holding back
and that's pathetic, whether rightfully or wrongly they feel that they need to do that every few scenes presumably so that no one gets upset (which they failed to do anyway). DB was always trashy braindead shit despite the spics on here swearing on their lives that it isn't and that I'm misremembering a series that I just finished rereading and was massively disappointed by, Super's trying to have it's cake and eat it by trying to be different but never straying too far from the usual established rules, resulting in no one being happy with the end product.

Toei has fully embraced the "as strong as it needs to be" mindset for this series.
It was never explictly stated but that's the way it is.

Do you remember when red SSJGod trading punches with beerus was a big deal, threatening the whole universe? Good: now Krillin vs N17 can do that too when they spar.

It's utter nonsense

>DB was always trashy braindead shit despite the spics on here swearing on their lives that it isn't and that I'm misremembering a series that I just finished rereading and was massively disappointed by,
Dragonball was never good for the plot, which was in fact garbage. It was dynamic, intense and over the top. It turned the shonen genre up to eleven.

However, DBS not only fails to do this, but is even worse plotwise as it's even more inconsistent, in a way that is bad even for DBZ standards

Power levels were fuck from the get go, Master roshi had/has a power level under 500 and could blow up the moon from earth with a Kamehameha wave.

What was even the point of Beerus waking up to go after SSG when he could have fought #17 just as well

Beerus did say he was at 80% power. I'm just glad that other characters are now relevant. Before, it reminded me of Inuyasha where Kagome, Sango, and Miroku were cheerleaders to Inuyasha.

He couldn't sense #17

And it's fucking stupid

We're supposed to believe Android 17 can kick Golden Freiza's ass?

That's not the powerlevel's fault, that's the shitty writing.

Vegeta has more than enough reason to be a side by side character with Goku, but Japan has a huge boner for "ONLY THE CHOSEN ONE IS GOOD, CAN'T BEAT RAW TALENT" and only let Goku do stuff.

Whis should known about #17

And why should he user, please tell us about the plot point that only you know that lead you to that conclusion.

>Japan has a huge boner for "ONLY THE CHOSEN ONE IS GOOD, CAN'T BEAT RAW TALENT"
This reminds me of Naruto going from a kid trying to defy fate to a shitty chosen one story vs alien ninjas

-Androids were stronger than frieza.
-Androids were involved in a huge alternate timeline crime.
-Magical staff sees everything.
-Gods are supposed to observe the average power level of a universe to avoid cancellation so #17 should stand out

Reminder that 17 actually has god ki which is why he said that Goku can transform like that too
He kept up with Goku and didnt even have to use his own god form

Jiren is going to pound goku into the ground but at the end gohan will get an asspull power up into mystic super saiyan blue

It's easier to say that DBS doesn't give a fuck about consistency and that SSB is the designated jobber form.

So basically you're making a completely unsubstantiated assumption.

k

>-Gods are supposed to observe the average power level of a universe to avoid cancellation so #17 should stand out

Wrong. Gods observe MORTAL levels. Why is this concept so hard for scrubs to understand?

Goten and trunks have more potential than gohan and they hate studying. Send their asses to train with whis for a year

>Beerus did say he was at 80% power.

Yeah, and now SSB, which is stronger than SSG, multiplied by 10, is still weaker than Beerus somehow. Because apparently toriyama thinks .80 x 10 < 1 is correct.

#17 is a mortal

What is the point of super saiyan form if half saiyans and humans can go way beyond it without much training?

And 17 is a mortal.

Vegeta will job against Toppo. Justice rear naked choke will defeat him

Only the narrator states the truth, so we don't know if 17 was bluffing or not

This powerlevelfag meltdown and autistic screeching is the greatest thing super has brought us. Can't wait for Goku to lose to Roshi.

durrr

Screaming and colorful auras.

ChiChi is the worst character in dbs. She is holding my boy goten back

Bulma is god tier boys

17 was much stronger than Frieza on his debut so yeah, why not?

Is acting amused at spot-on criticism the way you cope with your favorite anime not even trying to strive for quality or narrative sense?

I want Gohan to beat the crap out of female broly.

Jiren is going to beat up Hitto

Because Frieza trained like a madman and obtained a new transformation. 17 has been bullying poachers living in his cuckshed.

Someone make an image with roshi stepping on goku ssjb

Theory; Goku is using ssb so much cause the writers want to devalue it because goku is going to break out a new form in the tournament

Maybe, but that's still absolutely terrible.

This. Only the west gets angry at redundant shit like this. It's like I'm on the playground again with those three kids that got into fights over Trunks being stronger than Freeza.

This is, in fact, very likely.

I still can't get over the fact that Krillin is now stronger than DBZ Vegetto
(DBZ Vegetto not enough to fight beerus; SSG Goku much stronger than SSJ Vegetto; SSB Goku much stronger than SSG; Krillin can almost keep up with SSB Kamehameha)

Yeah, how dare people expect a semblance of consistency in the fighting of a fighting-centered vietnamese stage drama.

>Wrong. Gods observe MORTAL levels. Why is this concept so hard for scrubs to understand?

And you have a universe with a Robot god of desctruction.

Beerus power got retconned. He is way above Goku. And about the rest, power levels don't matter at all, Toriyama even said Roshi can get as strong as he wants.

Juat embrace that power levels stopped being a thing after Namek and Tori does what he wants.

shit, why didn't Super Buu just shoot Vegetto with a gun?
Who woulda thunk he was that weak!

You know what?
I don't even care. What right do I have to complain, I'm pirating the whole series anyway.

he isn't, he used his brain for the most part and 18 with the assist

Power levels never stopped being a thing, not even now. It's simply that now, power levels change arbitrarily to suit the needs of incompetent, uncaring writers. They're still a central plot device.

Why would 17 have a high mortal level?

>thunk

Why are you guys getting so ass blasted about my boy 17?
He's been training off screen and ranging that park for a decade and could EASILY solo 3 friezas at the same time when he was introduced. Who gives a fuck if he's as strong as SS Blue now?

>goku going to namek
DUDE TRAINING
>gohan going from sub ssj to better than perfect cell
DUDE TRAINING
>goku getting decimated by piccolo to being able to fight younger king piccolo
DUDE WATER
>goku and piccolo barely beat raditz, krillin can kill five of him at once
DUDE TRAINING
>everyone gets bodied by the androids in an alternate timeline
DUDE TRAINING

honestly just fucking kill yourself or watch a different show m8. you're obviously not watching dbz. It's FUN that the rest of the cast is getting buffed/getting their fighting spirit back and getting involved. Goku still has jubai da under his belt so we all know he's going to be the strongest in the end.

You are in an anonymous board. You can complaint all you want

Don't ask for counter arguments if you can't even handle them. His reasoning is decent enough for us to think that they SHOULD have some kind of idea, but they don't. It's still logical.

Because he's many times stronger than the longtime emperor of the universe in his first appearance?

I see you're one of those kids who took those numbers seriously. Just go with the flow. Isn't having old characters like Tenshinhan and C17 good enough? They're as strong as Tori/Toto needs them to be. You people take this shit too seriously to the point where it makes me wonder if you all would be silent as mice if this were the Goku & Vegeta Show.

>DUDE TRAINING
"DUDE TRAINING" that they went at lengths to show and explain.

17's "dude training" is watching over a wildlife preserve punching poachers.

>I see you're one of those kids who took those numbers seriously.
Numbers are not important. Power relations are, however, because it's literally what the anime is about. So no, as much as I like Tien, having them suddenly be relevant with no explanation despite their falling off the powercreep train years ago is not okay.

If the plot makes no effort to explain power relationships, why should anyone care when 2 powers clash?

don't forget the zenkai boost out the ass

You don't know that. Frieza trained alone. C-17 might have trained like a madman for 10years.

Power level != mortal level

>hunt poachers and other normalfags out of the forest
>goes from lower than a Imperfect Cell to SSBlue level

BRAVO

Sure.

They should just write a better plot where even a less powerful ally can help.

Honestly, the episode with Krillin was perfect until he was able to keep away SSB Goku's kamehameha.

Not only it was inconsistent but it also devalued the whole premise of "I'm not strong but I have clever tactics"
No, fuck, Krillin is a freaking monster. That kamehameha was several times stronger than the Genkidama that killed Kid Bu.

Explain what it is, then.

>t the needs of incompetent, uncaring writer
Tori does what he wants dude. Goku Blue? Humillated by a simple laser. Roshi is now part of the team for the multiverse tournament, because he just can. 17 got a huge power up.

It just work, man. Even Tori said in the original manga he just made things as he went by. Zamasu Goku humillated Blue Vegeta in base form and in SS in the manga.

piccolo has trained with the multiform technique and by LITERALLY doing nothing before. based 17 has infinite stamina and energy so he could have gotten this powerful just by fucking his wife non stop for all I care.

You don't know that retard. People are training alone without fighting anyone most of the time and still get crazy boost. Gohan biggest power-up came from a form of meditation.

>Tori does what he wants dude. Goku Blue? Humillated by a simple laser. Roshi is now part of the team for the multiverse tournament, because he just can. 17 got a huge power up.

Yes, he does what he wants because he knows people will eat it up anyway.That's why Super is so fucking bad.

Goku went from weaker than Blue to Toppo tier. 17 already had a bigger level than him.
Freeza trained just 4 months to reach Blue tier levels.

It just works, man.

Let's not pretend that Frieza becoming stronger than SSB in 4 months was good, either.
It was pretty damn terrible, it's just people have become desensitized to it by now.

>So no, as much as I like Tien, having them suddenly be relevant with no explanation despite their falling off the powercreep train years ago is not okay.
You don't like Tenshinhan. If you did, you'd know that he literally isolates himself from society to train. No, it's not an asspull to have him be strong, it makes sense to have him still sharp on his game compared to Yamcha and Krillin. Dragon Ball is returning to its techniques and strategies. The Power Tournament is based around skills, not who has the bigger energy beam. If you really like Dragon Ball, you'd be happy to see the non-saiyans getting a chance to shine but nope, fuck that.

Only the west does this. Japan is celebrating their return to the spotlight, but here we have literal crybabies making charts of power levels that were obsolete as quickly as they were introduced.

Doesn't matter. This is mostly SoL filler to lead up to the real meat and potatoes of the arc. Stop taking those scenes literally. I'm glad none of you are writing for this series, or we'd end up with Multiverse-tier faggotry.

Holy shit guys. I like to imagine how you people who say "well powerlevels were always crap, it's not that bad..." look like in your daily lifes and I can't help but to think of a cuck who watches his wife getting slammed by a 9 incher saying "w-well at least she's happy so that makes me a good husband, r-right?"

Bad comparisson? No, no that is exactly what's happening here. You guys watch your childhood getting mutilated by a 9 incher and you fucking love it you sick bastards. Hell I watch it too which makes me kind of a faggot aswell but at least I accept that it's a pool of shit im diving in. You guys pretend it's hot chocolate.

>Yes, he does what he wants because he knows people will eat it up anyway.
Maybe because his target audience are kids? And not adults that try to examine even the smallest detail.
>That's why Super is so fucking bad.
Is fun and serves his purpose as a canon continuation of Z.

>mfw all these pedros that won't be happy unless Toei explicitly explain how people train to reach a minimum level so that they can write their story arc about Goku learning lessons that he hasn't needed to from his friends and colleagues.

>the Genkidama that killed Kid Bu
Good think 18 wasn't there as an enemy to kick it off.

The laser thing actually was consistent with DBZ. Yajirobei (less than 1'000 power level, unable to fly) was able to cut through OOzaru Vegeta's tail (180'000) because we took him by surprise and used a sword.

We also saw that goku was able to parry Trunks's sword attacks with a finger AFTER he focused his aura on his finger.

Focusing your aura to strengthen your body was always a thing. Being weak to surprise attacks was also a thing.

Would have liked to see n17 versus zamasu

I really hope this is ironic.

>Is fun and serves his purpose as a canon continuation of Z.
At this point it's more of a parody of its source material really.

>You don't like Tenshinhan. If you did, you'd know that he literally isolates himself from society to train.
He literally said he would give up fighting and left the fighters after cell.
>Dragon Ball is returning to its techniques and strategies.
Ahahahaha.
See, that would be good, IF there were competent people at the helm of DBS. But instead they just keep stacking power ups on goku and then try to pretend krillin's strategy let him hold back a goku blue energy beam.

No user, the non-saiyans getting the spotlight is not good if it's not set up properly. It's fanfiction-tier writing.

>when denial takes SSJ GOD tier levels

>speculation
>woah they will have weaker enemies so everyone can actually contribute
>reality
>everyone is blue level now

Give this man a medal.

>make a big deal about the God power up being on a whole different scope and unattainable through regular training
>other characters can brute force their way into similar levels of strength through training anyway
This is worse than how two human teenagers with some Red Ribbon tech in them could outclass the space emperor feared throughout the universe for his power

>Maybe because his target audience are kids?
You know you can make kid's shows that don't insult the viewer's intelligence, right?

>Is fun and serves his purpose as a canon continuation of Z.
It's bad and serves it's purpose to milk the shit out of the franchise.

>At this point it's more of a parody of its source material really.
That's also fine. I liked Neko Majin.

Unintentional self-parody is rarely funny, it's pitiful.

>making analogies about your wife getting fuck
Well, I guess you were serious.

They aren't fighting Beerus, they're fighting Goku. It's not the same thing.

>mfw people don't see how God Ki was literally just a way to bring Goku into a new world which he wasn't top dog of any more.

>Maybe because his target audience are kids
It makes no sense that actual kids would be the target audience instead of people who grew up watching the series.

>Unintentional self-parody is rarely funny, it's pitiful.
The room is quite funny. And so it was Manos hands of fate.

You know, the worst thing about this isn't that it happened, it's that its happened so much. All of you saying
>b-b-but frieza!
and shit like that don't realize that the bad part is that this isnt anything out of the ordinary, it's just an ESPECIALLY exaggerated version.

In the vast majority of other shows this wouldn't be such a big deal, instead of going "Wow shit writing" the fanbase would think "Wow how did 17 get so strong? I cant wait until they expand upon this!" If fucking Shino of all people kicked Naruto's ass that would be the fan reaction, but we know not to expect anything from Toriyama/Toyataro except "kek, he trained".

Let this sink in. In terms of writing, DBS is worse than Nurutu.

>God Ki was literally just a way to bring Goku into a new world which he wasn't top dog of any more.
What's the point, when everyone else can do almost the same with no god ki?

What is the point of God Ki, anymore, besides fueling the king of jobber transformations?

You're right. Look how he did it. Exercising and swallowing egg yolks? Fucking stupid. UGH.

>Ahahahaha.
>See, that would be good, IF there were competent people at the helm of DBS.
'Cause you can totally do better, right? Post those ideas, I wanna see what you're capable of.
>It's fanfiction-tier writing.
Take your time, I'll wait.

I did say "rarely".