Non-English Dubs

To the anons who have their local networks dub anime in your country's own language, how are they? Are there decent ones?

>mfw Tagalog dubs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j_ySZGs6mj0
youtube.com/watch?v=BctKavMSTLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish my language was a cookie.

Spain. Yeah, they're good. I don't really watch anime, though, and when I do, I watch it subbed.

Why are Spanish, French and German dubs better than English ones? They seem to put more effort into making the characters feel human. English dub acting just sounds lazy and hollow which is one of the reasons I mainly stick with subs.

Latin America here.
Mostly mexican dubs and most of the times they're great.
Argie and Chilean dubs are good too, but they tend to use a really small bunch of voice actors fo a shit ton of characters.

It's weird cause it's not like English voice acting is bad in general. There's a legacy of great English voice acting across different media (western animation, films, video games, etc.) I just don't understand why English dubbed anime has a lot of half-ass jobs to downright bad with rare legit good ones. Is it just how the industry works there?

French dub, dogshit, not much to say, at least the old ones from the 80s were funny, the new ones are just plain bad.

Russian. They're just fucking awful and dubbers add a lot of unfunny jokes or sound like boozers.

Anime dubs don't have a big market, therefore localization companies don't spend a lot of money on it. They're throwing money down the drain if they pay a bunch more for good actors and only get a handful more customers.

Italian dubs are very good, for instance I preferred the dubbed version of Kimi no na wa to the subbed one.

It has its moments.
youtube.com/watch?v=j_ySZGs6mj0

This. Localization in Spain is well done most of the time.
>Argie and Chilean dubs are good too, but they tend to use a really small bunch of voice actors fo a shit ton of characters.
Same for Basque dubs.

This
Theres literally a studio a block over from my community college and students work there for extra cash sometimes
If you've listened to a lesser known English dub you might have heard a southern art student

German dubs are absoulute bullshit.They are so bad, it's offensive. Most of the time they are just translations of english dubs and censored even more than the US version. Also there are like 10 voice actors available. You hear them in any anime and they're fucking terrible.
Luckily there aren't many anime in German free TV right now. There was a channel who used to air some anime like 10 years ago, but only generic shounen crap like Nardo, OP and stuff. Right now they just reuse older episodes from Pokemon, Yugioh etc. in childen's TV and Highschool DxD, Shin Maou and other shitty harems in late night blocks.

>French dubs
>Good

I remember the Russian dub of the Haruhi OP being okay.

Mr. Krabs is in everything.

They only sound better because you don't know the language, I can assure you they're terrible as well

Italy

Yes, despite everything we have some seriously amazing voice actors. It's not like every single dub is perfect, but still.

youtube.com/watch?v=BctKavMSTLc

shit like this is definitely worth praising as far as I'm concerned

Russia still has fandubbers which are usually 18yo kids with speech issues. I don't think there was any recent official dub there.

tagalog dub is fine. until you notice that it's always the same girl who dubs the main character

not counting the initial d and phantom color dub on tv5

>Localization in Spain is well done most of the time.
ONDA VITAL

It happened in Mexico in the late 90s, every other dub had Goku or Vegeta somewhere in the cast.

>A Todo Gas

They could do other voices, Mr. Krabs can only do the Mr. Krabs voice.

>non-anime OP image
>dub faggot
What a surprise.

I really don't understand why either. They all sound bad and there is a million weebs who'd do it for free and be just as bad.